Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'd like to know a little Korel history

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christana

Christana

I'd like to know a little Korel history Empty
PostSubject: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:23 pm

Would anyone mind linking here for me and the other new players the major events that have happened in the past such as the galactic wars that I've heard been mentioned multiple times?
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:51 pm

I think we might have a timeline somewhere. If not, we should make one Razz.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Well, to start off, the First Galactic War was a really long time ago, both in RP and in RL. That all happened on the old forum, back when were the Union of Sovereign States and not Korel (which is a long, complicated story, in and of itself). All of it has been lost to time. Back then, we only had a handful of active RPers - Rutianas, Panzer, and Burn. I joined the region pretty much in the middle of it, which meant that I didn't really have that much of a chance to participate. I don't remember all of the details, but I remember it had something to do with Burn sheltering a group of Green Lanterns and the ambitions of the Rhean emperor (father to Dimitri, don't particularly remember his name). The sides were pretty much Rhea vs. Rutianas and Burnination. Initially the Rheans gained the upper hand, but the other side eventually fought it to a stallmate. After that the war eventually came back to Rhea, with many of the Rhean states revolting against the imperial government, culminating in a battle at the Emperor's Winter Palace.

The next major galactic war was the Sith War. Shortly before the war the Centauri introduced themselves to galactic politics (this was the retconned Alpha Centauri, mind you, before this I was the horrendously boring Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn, which was basically 21st century Earth with more spaceships). The War began more or less with the invasion of Alpha Centauri by the Sith, due to the psionic energies of the Planetmind. Initially, the Centauri were taking massive losses, and unable to receive help due to comm-jamming and just general lack of foreign action, but a Rhean corvette loaned to the Centauri managed to break the blockade and solicit the help of the Rheans and Burnites. After this the war starts to get kind of murky, because the rest was basically a character RP involving Johan Luther, a Sith Lord who assumed the identity of a Spartan marine. Honestly I don't think there's much need to read this one, it's not very relevant to current RP.

After that was the [u]Hildenburen War. The Korel galaxy got caught between a war between two advanced multi-galactic powers, the Hildenburen and the Gar"zhog. This one is pretty complicated: both sides tried to sway the galaxy, and while most powers chose armed neutrality, the Veridians decided to attempt to play both sides. There was a skirmish at one point after which there was a lull in the fighting, and it was during the Hildenburen War that the OrdenReich developed the FOAB and Ultra-Dreadnoughts. This is noteworthy because at one point a FOAB is detonated on Livenstein by the Hildenburen, which you probably have already heard of. At the tail end the Veridians attempt biological attacks on both races, which cripples the Hildenburen and induces them to attack the Nag system with their leader in charge of their fleet. The various galactic powers send their forces to aid them, and although the tech advantage is majorly skewed towards the Hildenburen at first, the galactic powers devise methods to beat their defensive drone mines, and soon after the Gar"zhog join the galactic powers to defeat the Hildenburen, at which point they depart and promise to welcome the people of Korel as friends when they venture outside the galaxy. I'd read this one yourself it's a long RP with lots of details I've probably missed.

After that, there's nothing all that noteworthy until the recently-ended cold war.

@Burn With all of the RP we've done recently, I don't think it's really practical to do one like we did back during the USS days. Too much effort for everyone involved, and then add in the issue of deciding what's canon or not (and half of it really isn't).
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Our cold war? I wouldn't say that its over, just less tense.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah, we are no longer actively looking to fight each other, although Christana continues to lie about Heraklea whenever it suits their interest.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure "Lie"
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:36 pm

Well at the very least insults, though you are lying about the nature of the ICSC.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Honestly, you have been treating the compact more like a military alliance than a coast guard.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:56 pm

That was mainly Sacae. During the events in Praos, the only treaty terms I called in was the Pact of Blood/Brotherhood between Heraklea and Alpha Centauri. The Ordenreich was informed since they had swung into the Heraklean camp and they decided to join in the effort. The Burninites were informed because Heraklea wanted to keep them from interfering, but they decided the AI was not covered by their pacifism and thus joined in. No language in the pact compels such actions on either of their parts. The ICSC is exactly as I described it.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Either way the Christanans see that seen Sacae helped, the Compact was used as a military alliance. They aren't lying, it is what the truly believe
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:31 am

Whatever, just confirms that the Chrissies are delusional then.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:45 pm

At this point though the Ordenreich really is a wild card. The Ordenreich's political upheaval and other problems make it more of a passive member of the Compact. In a sense the Compact is split in half between the now more passive members (me and Burnination) and the more active ones (Sela and Heraklea). At least thats what I can see. Sela has a habit of keeping things at arms length too. Also Burn and I are the only ones of the Compact that seriously negotiated with Christana. Burn did it just cause I did it more out of necessity. Watch your back Heraklea. When you become active again you may be coming back to a different galaxy *wink, wink*
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Well, the thing is that the Centauri were using their mutual defense pact, and they don't see the Compact as in any way, shape, or form, a binding military agreement. Of course, the Centauri would have very gladly been involved in military action against Christana, since that was more or less the entire point of the agreement.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:37 pm

I should really be using this time I have without my mortal enemy to expand and gain strength in the intergalactic community. Anyone want to rp with me my exploitation of primitive aliens lol
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Not really as it goes against Ordenreich doctrine but if you want to do some mini RPs about building relations with my guys you can. Might be interesting to have some big dramatic scene down the line where the Ordenreich snubs the Compact :p
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Sacae wrote:
Not really as it goes against Ordenreich doctrine but if you want to do some mini RPs about building relations with my guys you can. Might be interesting to have some big dramatic scene down the line where the Ordenreich snubs the Compact :p
I did kind of want to do an rp about the relations group formed
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:16 pm

well i'm all for it if you decide to do it
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Sure, you want to plan it out in pms?
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:43 pm

If you want... Mostly I just roll with the punches when it comes to RPing
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm

Eh we'll roll with it when I feel like posting it
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Not a problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd like to know a little Korel history   I'd like to know a little Korel history Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd like to know a little Korel history
Page 1 of 1