Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long Ago and Far Away (FT)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Empty
PostSubject: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Three days after the celebration over not having a major disaster, a thousand ship fleet emerges out of hyperspace over Chiron, blockading the planet entirely. They attempt to jam communications. They launch fighters to pick off Chiron's air defenses to pave the way for ground troops. Anybody not familiar with Rhea's military would probably mistake some of the attacking ships, the 1200-meter-long Centurion-class battlecruisers, for Imperial II-class Star Destroyers.
Spoiler:
(OOC: Click spoiler if you want to see images of the ships.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Burnination, having cut its international surveillance budget, is as of yet unaware of these events.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:23 pm

Upon first detection of the incoming spacefleet, Lal is almost brought into cold shock. It's the exact thing that he fears most, an alien invasion shortly after first contact. Also, the fact that there were ships extremely similar to those of the Rheans didn't help. He then attempted to send out a message calling for assistance, but the comm jamming prevents him from doing so effectively, not to mention putting the air forces of Chiron into disarray, making them easy targets for the fighters.

However, shortly after the first fighters begin entering Chiron's atmosphere, huge Demon Boils of Locusts of Chiron suddenly begin to take to the skies to attack the Sith fighters and the Sith fighters exclusively, and said Demon Boils are possibly the most dangerous native life on Chiron. Although it's a pleasant surprise, it's also one that no one understands, since Locusts of Chiron (or any native life forms) have never acted so oddly before, although the situation was certainly different from any others beforehand.

In any case, half an hour or so after the initial attack, Lal manages to get some communications going, a bit only on Chiron. How? Through judicious use of Empaths and their telepathic powers. He manages to regain communications with all faction leaders, and for the first time Lal takes control of all of the faction forces under the Planetary Defense Force, although not without minor grumbling from the other leaders. Although the main command center on Chiron, the Spartan Secret Project the Command Nexus, is out of order, Empaths manage to co-ordinate local command centers to make preparations for the defense of Chiron, their factions, and their bases.

And while all of this goes on, the Planetmind stirs, preparing to send it's own native defenders against the new arrivals. It probed their minds, and in them it detected a dark aura, with intentions of abusing the Planetmind for their own gain. Said aura was not new to the Planetmind, it detected the same in the Conqueror Judaa Marr when some of his Progenitors came to Chiron, catching the Earth colonists in an alien crossfire, but this aura was worse... far worse. Somehow, the Planetmind knew that they were "The Sith", but only that much. The Planetmind then prepared to give fair warning to the colonists' leaders, although being the Planetmind, said warnings weren't exactly going to be perfectly understandable...
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:29 pm

The Burninite Sensor network detects the massive influx of ships in its galactic neighborhood. It helps that many of the ships are so large. It sends its readings to the Rutians, and attempts to contact the Rheans remotely. No ships are dispatched. No attempt at communication with the alien ships is attempted.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:11 pm

An armored figure standing on the bridge of the Ravager, a Centurion-class battlecruiser, muses, "Lord Morbus was right. The Force is strong here." He turns to a white-uniformed man. "Admiral, proceed with bombardment of the planetary surface."

"It will be done, Lord Lanius."

He turns his attention back to Chiron and attempts to counter-probe the Planetmind, as the fleet pounds the planet for the next hour.

Down below, it's a big "ah, crap" for most of the pilots, but they do manage to hit a good amount of Demon Boils. Kiloton-levels of firepower for starfighter weapons probably equals dead Demon Boils.

------------------------------------------------------

A single corvette is sent over to investigate, arriving when the bombardment ends and scrams when it sees such a huge fleet around the planet.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:19 am

The Rutians choose not to get involved for the time being. They are, however, very aware of what is going on. Whether this decision is Shein's alone is not known. Either way, they're staying out of it.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 am

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Shein

We're detecting massive energy discharges from that similarly massive fleet near Rhea and Chiron. Are they invading over there? Our intelligence network is silent concerning that fleet.

Also, have you mobilized your military? (Another thing our intelligence network is silent on. We generally don't watch allies.) We've considered doing so, but that fleet is a lot more powerful than anything we can field. Probably more so than you can field alone as well.

Sincerely,
Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 am

(Encrypted)
To: Shein, Thorgood

I'm certain by now you've noticed a massive fleet near Chiron. That's not us. Their ships are of remarkably similar design to ours but it's not us. They appear to be jamming communications down there as well, as our two Imperial Knights stationed with a corvette leased to them are not responding.

Dmitri

(OOC: This is sent an hour after bombardment ends.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:43 am

As the planetary bombardment begins, most of the bases on Chiron suffer heavy damaging, including the capitols of each faction. Much of the terraforming improvements built by the colonists are destroyed too, but most importantly the heavy bombarding gives Chiron incredible pain and shocks it into a state of self-defense. Mind Worms begin to rapidly hatch and mature, a process only seen once before when the University launched Planet Busters to finish off the Progenitors on Chiron, and needless to say, it was not a pleasant time for the University (they never even made any Planet Busters after that incident), although it was for everyone else. Also, the weapons do kill off the Demon Boils, but only so when they aren't too mentally impaired to do so.

Meanwhile, Lord Lanius's counterprobe turns out to be fairly difficult, as the Planetmind attempts to drown out his probing attempts with what amounts to telepathic white noise. However, it does manage to find enough time to communicate briefly with Lal with telepathy...

<pop>

"earthlal, planet is being invaded by sith, you know. sith is lead by sithlanius, and sithlanius tries enter planetmind. but sithlanius is fail, he he he! planetworm and planetlocust are all ready to help earthhumans defend planet. goodbye."

Lal, wanting more information, tries telling the Planetmind, "Wait!", but it's of little avail, as the connection has already ended. So instead he simply orders the PDF (Planetary Defense Force) to ignore all native life and hunker down for defending their bases against enemy ground forces.

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Lanius turns to the admiral. "It's resisting. Call in Darth Morbus."

"Yes, my Lord."

A figure in black robes and a white mask appears on the bridge.

"Feed, Lord Morbus."

"Yes, Master." Darth Morbus proceeds to use Force Drain on the planet itself.

(OOC: Morbus is based on Darth Nihilus and Darth Malak and Darth Lanius is a bit of a cross between Darth Revan and Darth Maul. Morbus isn't as far gone on the hunger route at Nihilus, though, so he still has an actual body to kill.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 1:34 pm

The Force Drain weakens the Planetmind greatly and causes a sudden weakness in the remaining Locusts, allowing the Sith to finish them off easily, while also causing the xenofungus to suddenly begin to wilt. Several Empaths from all around Chiron realize what's going on and the Empath Guild leaders in Gaia's Landing sends a brief telepathic communique to as many Empaths as possible, ordering every Empath not in an essential communication role to back up the Planetmind immediately, and several thousand Empaths take up the call.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:00 pm

With this opening, the Sith begin landing ground troops, tanks, gunships, artillery, battle droids, and other mechanized support near the capitals and military bases. Unless you hit gaps in Sith trooper armor, which there are several, it will most likely repel laser fire. Artillery will still squish them, though, which is why they brought their own. Oh, and soldiers of Chiron will probably have fun with target practice against soldiers who opt to wear silver and red uniforms. Well, up until they come across Sith Acolytes, Sith Apprentices, and Sith Lords.

(OOC: I know nothing of tachyon bolts and chaos guns. Sith trooper armor is weaker than Stormtrooper/ Clonetrooper armor, though. If we go by New Vegas terms, the total DT of Stormtrooper/ Clonetrooper armor would be around 75. Sith trooper armor would be around 50. Either way, direct hits from blasters blow through the armor. Click spoiler for images.)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:12 pm

(OOC: Military bases? There are only "bases" on Chiron Razz Also, I don't have a clue what Tachyon Bolts and Chaos Guns do either, but I'm guessing that blasters would be equivalent to Fusion Lasers so Tachyon Bolts would be slightly stronger and Chaos Guns slightly weaker in terms of firepower. We can just assume they are beam weapons. There's also a generic "Laser" weapon, but that's pretty weak and isn't used by anyone.)

The only four nations that can really mount an effective resistance are the Peacekeepers, Spartans, Hive, and University. They all mobilize their forces to defend against the enemy forces, keeping many of them garrisoned inside the bases. Because of the terrain of Chiron, the troops in red armor are actually fairly hard to spot, but those in silver are much easier to hit. Meanwhile, the other three factions, the Believers, Gaians, and Morganites have a much harder time defending, and it wouldn't take much time for them to fold, however, the Gaians' unconventional warfare strategies using Mind Worms should make them much harder to defeat.

Last edited by Selathorn on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:09 pm

(OOC: Sure, why not.)

A higher proportion of Force users are sent towards the Gaians as means of repelling Mind Worms. A decent amount of the silver-armored troops fall to the fusion lasers and tachyon bolts. They start blasting back, and with the gunships, too, ripping away at Chiron's infantry.

The two Imperial Knights join in the fray against the Sith, putting themselves for the time being under the command of Morganite forces. Their silver lightsabers clash against red.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 10:26 pm

To: Thorgood

I wish i could tell you. the Military does Not want to get involved Or They are stalling for time here. i'm not sure i do either But with Everything that I have been Not told is just Gross incompetence. And the Latest Last few times we've jumped into something, yeah, we won, but it took a lot Out of us When it was Easily avoidable. Darn military just won't listen. besides, The fight is against a planet that we have little real interest in and no bases On. we're not allied with them, so we have no reason to be there. Gods above and below, this whole situation is just screwed up Or the military is just pissed off. not sure which. i'm also aware that all my messages are being read by the military. capital care is taken to safeguard those that i message.

-Shein

To: Thorgood, Dmitri

Talk to Thorgood.

-Shein

As normal, both messages were clearly encrypted, though neither seemed to come from Shein's mailbox directly. Instead, both were bounced from Shein's current location through a military installation. It's easily traced back to him though.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:45 pm

(OOC: LOL Rut, I'm confused. My characters are therefore even more wacked out Razz)

"What the eff?" Thorgood asks.

"The capital letters, when strung together, spell 'I'm not allowed to go,'" Jenova replies after a glance over his shoulder.

"You're such a politician," Thorgood comments.

"Not so. I have no idea what the hell he's talking about though."

"Damn it, this is not a good time for some internal power grab," Thorgood grumbles.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Shein

WHAT???

We rEceived your commuNiquE, but wE haD TrOuble decrypTing. we suspect thAt it had something to do with some oLd Kooky equipment.

i have an important concern involving the state of our Warm climate agrIcuLturaL Economy, and need your advice on a courSe of aCtion. pleAse arrive at the burninite embassy on your Planet asap. i will mEet you THEre. we'll stay put, and hardly any tIme will be taken fRom your busy schedule.

also, We're concerned AbouT that alien fleet, but believe that Coffee, biscuits, and a good fireside cHat will be besT tO relieve Tensions. Also, we wouLd liKe to discuss how you control your climate.

capitally yours,
jenova

ps: shift key malfunctioning. sorry. see you at THE EMBASSY.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Dmitri

We have no idea what the hell is going on in Rutia by the way. We're working on that. We're also working on a pre-emptive strike against the invaders, whom we think want to take over this sector of the galaxy. They seem to have attacked you and Chiron for no reason. Just hold off as long as you can; we need the Rutians in on this one, or we haven't the force to make a difference.

Sincerely,
Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:36 am

It takes some time before a response comes back.

To: Jenova

Sounds good. Sorry about the shift key. mine sometimes doesn't work. However, after my last message to you, the Military gave me a new datapad. It works now. Instead of me going to you, come to Dreva instead as my guest.

-Shein

Probably his way of saying the messages were figured out. Also, the Citadel likely has unwatched rooms.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 am

(Encrypted)
To: Thorgood

We have not come under attack yet but we're readying ourselves. We've noticed some disturbing things going on with the invaders, though. In the brief time our corvette spent there, we noted blaster and turbolaser fire, and oddly enough, lightsabers. I'm sure the people on Chiron are just as puzzled about this.

Dmitri

(OOC: This is happening roughly around the early days of the Second Legion-Enclave War.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 am

Jenova is there in an hour, and ready to speak with Shein to figure out what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 9:13 am

When the Sith counter-attack, the factional forces are pushed back, taking heavy losses, although they do move to quickly return fire and continue their attack. Wherever possible, they attempt to use artillery to weaken enemy positions, or in the case of the Gaians, the psionic Spore Launchers. Meanwhile, on the Morganite front, Morgan's mercenaries seem glad to have the two Knights to help them and generally try to back them up, although they do wonder why they would use melee weapons in a high-tech war.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:18 am

Those around them wondering why they would use melee weapons have their questions answered when they come across some Sith infantry. Their lightsabers deflect blaster fire back at Sith troops and they use some of their telekinetic powers to throw Sith troops around like rag dolls. The same thing the Imperial Knights are doing to Sith troops is happening to Chiron's forces where they come across Sith Acolytes, Apprentices, and Lords.

Sith air forces deploy their gunships toward artillery positions to attack their operators in an attempt to clear things up for their artillery. They push forward.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:07 am

Shein acts all proper at first, unusual for him, until he gets Jenova down to his own private quarters. Not one he shares with Kennah, but next to his office. Once there, he sighs. "The military has decided that I'm making too many decisions alone. This has always been the problem with the Imperial Republic. The military. The military requires the backing of the Imperial Family. Kennah and I are at odds with this as well. She wants us to stay out of this as it doesn't concern us. I'm not so sure it will stay there. The military has formed a tribunal without permission. When I found out about it, they actually called me before it." He shakes his head and exhales angrily. "Me! Before them like some disrespectful underling! They informed me that unless I wanted to be removed from power, then I'd better start doing what they want me to do. This all came because of the last major external threat we had. They don't like being involved with things out there." He points upward before sitting down, then looking up at Jenova. "You have to understand one thing. The Imperial Republic was isolationist for a very long time. I'm the first Emperor that's brought us back out and gotten us involved with other races and planets. The military feels threatened. They seem to think that if they can bring me back in line, then the people won't object to anything they do."

Power grab? Kinda. Though the military is to blame here? What else is new.

(OOC: Happy 4th. I'll be out of touch for most of the day. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:17 am

Jenova frowns. "You realize that this effectively ends any possibility we had of pre-emptively striking them, and keeping all the damage isolated at Chiron?"

She shakes her head. "Burnination, of course, recognizes you as the sovereign ruler of Rutianas. Assuming that you were to order the military to do something its leaders didn't want, how much of your military would follow you? I mean, how much of it would disobey you?"

An encrypted message can be picked up from Jenova to Thorgood

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Dmitri

Do you know who these aggressors are? I need all the information you have. Jenova needs everything she can; she said something about needing to convince the Rutian military that remaining aloof will be impossible.

Sincerely,
Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:47 am

The troops on Chiron are rather annoyed at the new development, to say the least, although they do keep on attacking, given that the lightsabers shouldn't be able to deflect all of their weapons (especially not Chaos Guns, Tachyon Bolts, and Plasma Shards). Meanwhile, as the gunships begin to attack artillery positions, whatever still remains of the various air forces on Chiron attempt to defend the artillery. Meanwhile, as the Planetmind begins to recover from the Force Drain, xenofungus begins to rapidly grow, while numerous Mind Worm boils (not exactly at Demon Boil level, but close) start to leave to fungus to attack the Sith forces...
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Up above, Darth Morbus recovers and performs yet another Force Drain while Lanius further tries to probe its mind.

Down below, the fighters make to defend the gunships.

(OOC: I have no idea what Chaos Guns, Tachyon Bolts, and Plasma Shards are, so I can't say whether or not they can.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Ago and Far Away (FT)   Long Ago and Far Away (FT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long Ago and Far Away (FT)
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next