Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Korel Map (FT)

Go down 
+6
Midancient
Magna Aurelia
Sacae
Veridia Prime
Burnination
Selathorn
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

Official Korel Map (FT) Empty
PostSubject: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 7:10 pm

Map:

Key - Generally from left to right, upper locations get priority.

Dark Red: The Veridian Dominion
Puce: The Bastian Dominion
Indigo: The Tyllic Empire
Green: Alpha Centauri
Yellow: Earth
White: The Khroniktan Alliance
Orange: The Aurelian Kh'uunate
Gray: Tantalan Provisional Domain
Turquoise: Christana
Gold: Heraklea
Cyan: The OrdenReich
Red: Rutianas
Pink: Rutian Protectorates
Black: Rhea
Blue: Burnination
Brown: P'Taria

I made a new and improved map in GIMP. Thanks to Delt for his suggestion to use layers. This map features the removal of redundant features, a good hosting website, and pretty spheres of influence!

Map History:

Version 1 - The original map.
Version 2 - Addition of Burnite sphere of influence.
Version 3 - Numerous changes.
Version 4 - Organic spheres of influence.
Version 5 - Addition of the Aurelian Kh'uunate, and some minor tweaks.
Version 6 - Addition of Midancient, and a minor change to Rutianas.
Version 7 - Addition of the Bastian Dominion.
Version 8 - Expansion of the OrdenReich.
Version 9 - Expansion of the Aurelian K'huunate.
Version 10 - Inactive nations hidden.
Version 11 - Expansion of the Veridian Dominion.
Version 12 - Expansion of the OrdenReich and Alpha Centauri.
Version 13 - Addition of Heraklea.
Version 14 - Addition of trade lanes.
Version 15 - Addition of the Khroniktan Alliance, and minor tweaks.
Version 16 - Labels readded.
Version 17 - Addition of Christana, expansion of Rhea, removal of the Human Hive, and numerous small tweaks.
Version 18 - Addition of the Burnite homeworld.
Version 19 - Addition of OrdenReich-Christana tradelane.
Version 20 - Readdition of the Aurelian Kh'uunate.
Version 21 - Expansion of Rhea, addition of Rhea-Christana tradelane, and tweaks to Rutianas.
Version 22 - Addition of the Tyllic Empire.
Version 22 - Expansion of Christana.
Version 23 - Expansion of the OrdenReich.
Version 24 - Independence of the Tantalan Provisional Domain.
Version 25 - Expansion of Alpha Centauri.

Last edited by Selathorn on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 41 times in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:59 pm

You could put a space where Burnination usually floats around. Space is generally if you drop a line down from the right-most edge of Rutian space and one to the right from the bottom of Rhean space.

Of course, no planets still.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Updated Map:

Making a line/ellipse like that proved to be pretty much impossible with my limited mastery of GIMP so I elected to make it simpler by making it an ellipse in roughly that area.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Updated Map:

Yet another map update.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 am

Updated Map:

Reverting to the previous map since Pecholt seems to have gone to New Earth.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey Sela, have every thought of simply updating your original post. You can always just map a list of old maps underneath the actual map, and turn them into links instead of actual images on the map. That way you can just reply everything you update rather than replying with a updated map. Just a though, otherwise good work. I like the look of the map Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 pm

Hmm, I suppose I could. I just like announcing changes though Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:43 am

Why was did u take me off the map? I got my password for my an572 account I was away because i had some "Diplomatic" issues i had to deal with sorry. Am i aloud to be put on this map or no?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:49 pm

I had assumed that you moved away. The old map remains, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Just re-reverting, because I don't think he's actually here.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:24 pm

Updated Map:

So there's been a change to the map, and it's pretty major. First of all, starting with what's visible. The biggest change is that I took out all the names and instead made a key. To make things stand out a bit more, I gave all of the spacefaring one-system nations small spheres of influence. It looks less unwieldy this way and there's more space for new people to add their stuff, which I think is the most important. I updated my area to reflect recent expansion as well, and managed to include a really neat effect where my sphere of influence surrounds Earth but there is a circle around it to indicate that the Planetary Governate respects its sovereignty (well, I think it's neat, anyways). I also tweaked the colors a bit, Veridia Prime got something a little more sinister looking (that fuchsia color did not exactly bring to mind a brutal dictatorship) and I changed the Hive's and P'Taria's colors because I forgot what they had originally and gave them something new. Everything's also a bit tighter, as Rutianas no longer takes up ridiculous amounts of space on the map and people are closer together. This stuff is all incidental, though, because the biggest change was internal. I actually ended up scrapping the whole map and remaking it because I realized that I was not making transparent layers but instead making layers from what was visible, which made it impossible to undo any changes except the most recent. That's fixed now and I can delete or modify any of the layers as I see fit. It also let me do cool stuff like the hole in Alpha Centauri's sphere of influence, though I'm not really sure how much I can do beyond that.

Last edited by Selathorn on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:35 pm

Wish you added labels or a key because I cannot fine me. I assume I am the bright baby blue...

...bastard :p
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:00 pm

Uhh, dude, there's a key on the front post Razz
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:40 am

Fool I'm too lazy to actually check
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:29 pm

I like the new map, kinda think the borders should be less...round....but that's probably easier in terms of updating and expanding when necessary.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Updated Map:

Veridia, why do you make me actually do things that make me more skilled with GIMP? Sad

In all seriousness, though I did end up incorporating your suggesting by using paths and selecting by paths to create these new wonderful organic looking borders. I think most nations look significantly better now, except for the ones that have a single system because it's hard to make a single star's sphere of influence look much better. I did this through the magic of creating paths and then closing them, and then finally making selections by path and doing the fill and fade routine that's been used since version one. As a result the bigger nations look so much better, though unfortunately I have eaten up a bit more map space since last version. Still plenty around though.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Laughing Beautiful work, even if it was work to create Smile
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Could the Aurelians be located somewhere in the galactic core? The Aurelians control three star systems and have explored several dozen with sleeper ships over the past several millennia.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Updated Map:

Alright, I added you about where the part of the border of the galactic core is, and put your systems in a bit of a crescent shape, in addition to doing some minor tweaks to some of the nations to make them look a little better. If you'd prefer a different layout, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Midancient

Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:16 am

Could you put me roughly where I was on the USS maps? Off to the right of the red and blue areas, sloping towards the top-right from where Rutianas is. So, the first bit of my territory to the right of just below the top of blue, and then sort of following the curve of the galaxy up.

I have twelve planets in total.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Updated Map:

It was a little difficult trying to get you into the position you described from the post, as that area was a little crowded and it's a bit hard to put twelve stars into a pleasing arrangement, but I think I ended up with a decent-enough looking position for you. I'm sorry it's not exactly what you wanted, but I hope that it would be acceptable to you as it is. I also did a minor change to Rutianas. I wasn't really pleased how "sharp" looking the bottom edge of the border looked, so I generally changed it to look a little more "round".

If you would like any changes, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Midancient

Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

That's actually basically what I was picturing, prolly even a bit better. Thanks! Razz
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:39 pm

I really should put the Bastians on there. Three planets. Supposing the map is a Cartesian grid, the three planets would be 225° from Earth near the edge of the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Updated Map:

The adorably tiny and puce Bastian Dominion has been placed on the map.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Updated Map:

The OrdenReich has been given an extra system on the maps for its expansion (though I trimmed down its SoI a bit, it looked a bit odd). If anyone else needs to change their number of systems, feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Korel Map (FT)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next