Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Korel Map (FT)

Go down 
+6
Midancient
Magna Aurelia
Sacae
Veridia Prime
Burnination
Selathorn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Christana

Christana

Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:32 am

I'd like to take some space above Alpha Centauri and Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:09 am

Updated Map:

Here you go, Christana. There were a lot of changes I had to make, not really because of you, but because I had put all of my text onto the same layers as the nations, which was pretty bad idea because it made the map much harder to edit. I ended up redoing most of the map (doesn't look that different, though) so that I could make the labels on a separate layer.

Also, Christana, it was hard to really fit you in that position because the labels took a bit too much space and there wasn't really any good place I could move it. I put you 'north' of Heraklea instead - is that acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:57 pm

That's fine, now I actually have to be friendly so I can get trade routes.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:43 am

I have to admit I'm rather impressed we managed to make an entire galaxy feel crowded :p I like the trade lanes (especially mine because it looks like I got a centralized trade hub). Might think about expanding south to match the age and pop increase of my people seeing as it looks like I might get bottled up pretty soon

EDIT: Well since this was finally implemented I can finally let it out... ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME. GOD IT WAS LIKE A PROJECT TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE EACH CIV WAS. I CAN FINALLY READ THE MAP WITHOUT HAVING TO CONSTANTLY FLIP BETWEEN WEBPAGES TO KNOW WHERE EVERYONE IS! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:55 am

Some of the stars are on the map are hard to see (particularly in Rhea and Burnination). Any way to up the contrast? Maybe up the brightness of the stars and lowering it in the spheres?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:11 pm

The stars are hard to see in Burn's SoI because there are no stars in Burn's SoI, silly Razz

(Burn doesn't really have a home system per se, they are mostly nomadic, but they tend to roam in that area in particular.)

I could see about making the Rhean stars stand out a bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:49 pm

All true.

Add me for a home system though. Got one now Smile
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:59 pm

Updated Map:

Done.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Updated Map:

Updated to show the new OrdenReich-Christana tradelane. Yes, it does go through the Khroniktan sphere, but given the fact that it's between Alpha Centauri and Heraklea, that seems to be the logical choice.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 pm

Updated Map:

Welcome back to the map, Aurelia!

(Also, for some reason, I'm having a hard time judging the size of letters, because it took me like 20 minutes to remember my old settings...)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

Theres goes Christana's plans now he quite literally has barbarians at the gates :p
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:04 pm

Yeah, but the Rhean economy on a war footing is probably enough to match the combined efforts of all three of us. You weren't with us long enough to remember the first galactic war, but the Rheans were pretty evenly matched with the Rutians and Burnites put together. I'd imagine that it would be more than able to do the same with the newer powers.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Well I was talking about another plan but I'm unsure if Christana wants me to talk about it so I'll shut up. Besides I think I can match force powers with biotics
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Anyway, Rhea should have five more planets now. Just stick them wherever in their system. Rhea, Dantooine, New Cronus, Oceanus, Theia, Tethys, and Hyperion.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:58 am

Updated Map:

Gave you more planets, added a tradelane between you and Christana in between the Heraklean and Rutian spheres. and trimmed down Rutianas a bit so it looks less.. bloated.

On another note, I really wouldn't want to be traveling on that tradelane...

Last edited by Selathorn on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 2:36 pm

Meant there should be seven (Rhea, Dantooine, New Cronus, Hyperion, Oceanus, Tethys, Theia) but eh.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:03 pm

It was an easy enough fix.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 pm

I colonized a planet west of my home system.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:53 pm

Updated Map:
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:59 pm

If I was Heraklea I would be pretty concerned. Christana blocks them in to the north and Rhea to the southeast. The only other borders they share are mine and the alliance. The alliance is pretty much isolationist because its leader is gone and the relationship between me and Heraklea is friendly but with the recent events in the Ordenreich make me a doubtful military ally.

Since I'm here I would like a push of my territory to the south. I will ask for two stars there eventually just not now because I will RP the establishment of the colonies next week
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 pm

I didn't even plan this, I for one am not going to complain though.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Well, I'm a doubtful military ally to Christana, too, so that balances things out a bit. Rhean and Bastet are actively undermining a supposedly mutual ally that might end up swinging things to the Herakleans a bit.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Which in the end makes more things interesting, I mean the Christanans realize this, why do you think they are attempting to give themselves space from the Rheans.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Updated Map:

You guys are just trying to give me work, aren't you? Razz

Also, I'm pretty sure Heraklea should have known what he was getting into by asking to be in the center.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:10 pm

NO I DIDN'T WANT THE STARS YET FIX IT!!!!

JK thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Korel Map (FT)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next