Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glowing Energy?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacae

Sacae

Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am

*Jager gives a cold stare to the alien for a few seconds then starts to turn around*

Jager (sarcastically): I'm sure our independence is in your people's best interests. Whatever the case may be it is not my call to make. I will relay what you said to the hierarchy and they will decide my people's best course of action. For now I suggest you fill our allies in on what you just said. I must return to my ship to make the transmission.

---

Calvin: I see. May I ask you one more question then. I want to know if your people have some design on mine. Forgive me but it just seems quite unlikely that you would help us out of the kindness of your hearts. If you do have a motive to subject our peoples to servitude please tell me now. I swear that the information will not leave the confines of the Ordenreich's inner government circle. I'll be honest with you, the way my people act to others. Why we come off as militant isolationists that don't seem to get along with others is because we are afraid. Here is a datapad detailing my people's history even the parts that are secretive. *hands over data pad* As you can see the ancestors of the Ordenreich initially fled our original homeworld of Earth to perserve our Order. From there we set up a new existence and way of life on a planet called the Celtic Lands. After a nuclear war threatened to destroy the planet and our people we fled again to our current world. My point is we are tired of running and my people just want to live in peace. From what I've heard these Garza would no sooner destroy our very existence then let us live even in captivity. If your people plan to subjugate mine please just be honest with us because we will probably accept that deal if it means my people can live in relative properity.

*Calvin stared at the alien with obvious fear and desperation in his eyes*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

(OOC: Panpan, if you want a person on the Craftworld, send 'em Razz)

The Gar''Zhog wiggles its tentacles in a manner that is clear frustration wen the Centauri asks a question. "Look, THEY took your people and are the ones who questioned or simply mentally probed them and whatnot. I came to you. Why is the burden of proof on my people?"

Almost before he finishes his sentence, Servius vanishes and reappears on his ship.

"Your independence is unrelated to our interests," the Gar''zhog says before he leaves, "but preventing the Hildenburen another galactic stronghold is."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thorgood and Fazz also leave the alien space...thing. It's clear upon leaving it that it's several times the size of a death star.

The Hildenburen does not respond to Calvin's emotion; it is possible that he does not comprehend it. The Hildenburen also does not take the datapad directly, but a metal arm actually extends out of a nearby machine and catches it. "I am not here in the flesh," the Hildenburen says. "Though we will be able to get the data out of that without my needing to come. And as to your question, keep in mind that your people, and all the people of your galaxy, are relatively primitive compared to us. We have no need to subjugate you. It is true that what we propose now could be construed as using you. It is in our interest, indeed our only interest, that the Gar''zhog do not gain your galaxy for use as a supply mine and troop center. We are prepared to use your forces, whatever forces you can muster, to help us meet this goal. But once this goal is achieved, why would we need to remain?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 5:33 pm

*Calvin looked at him for a second*

Calvin: Are you familiar with the Roman Empire from Old Earth? I guess not. The Roman Empire a pre-spaceflight empire from humanity's original homeworld that was a massive center of cultural and military power. During its dying years the Empire invited tribes from beyond its borders into the empire to help defend the empire from other threats. These tribes ended up liking the land they were given by the empire and ended up rebelling against the empire and taking the land for themselves. My point is once we allow your ships and people into our galaxy to defend us whats to stop you from staying? Maybe you will find a resource that you want and you will never leave? We won't know. Look, the Ordenreich is aware that there are powers vastly beyond our own. We will do anything in our power to ensure our own survival. We will not be slaves and we will not allow ourselves to go extinct. This is why I ask you whether you plan to subjugate us. The Ordenreich may find subjugation preferable to enslavement or extinction. From what you told us these Garza will most likely do the latter two. I want to know if you plan to do the same, subjugate us, or truly desire our independence. If you desire the latter two we will most likely align with you but if you plan on doing the first one then let us know now. We will leave our systems behind to find a new home if it means we can avoid those two ultimatums
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Doctor Fedorov raises an eyebrow, and says in reply, "Look, I don't trust them, and I certainly don't believe that the Planetary Governate will either, though you'll never know with those politicians. That, however, does not mean that we should trust you, either. Our lack of trust for them does not constitute a reason to trust you. It's like saying because one person is not someone's enemy some random other person should be their friend. That's a completely illogical idea and I doubt that our nation will act decisively to aid any unproven powers. We shall stand in the defense of the independence of the free galaxy, against any enemy."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:21 am

Much like the other two ships, the Oculus soon vanishes into hyperspace once Servius is beamed back on board, bound for Dominion space....

Paradisus Novum, Veridia Prime

With little issue all three Veridian ships returned to Dominion space, although both Decimus and Quintus ships were halted before reaching the homeworld itself, and instead were diverted to a small outpost within a small asteroid belt in a neighboring system. There technicians searched the vessels with a fine tooth comb, and the entire crew of both ships were subjected to rigorous physical and psychological examinations. Naturally, both Decimus and Quintus submitted official reports of what had transpired during their meeting with the Hildenburen. Decimus also handed over the communication device given to him. Veridian engineers isolated it as best they could and attempted to study it with little promise.

Back on Veridia Prime Servius returned with his own report on what the Gar''zhog had told the other races. Though he too was subjected to a physical and psychological examination, he was eventually allowed on the homeworld itself. An emergency meeting of the triumvirate took place, within their chamber at the Dominion great hall. There was a lot of information to digest and presumably, not a lot of time to do so in.

DOMINION GREAT HALL...
Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Volkshalle

Leaning a bit forward in his chair, as he done so many times before, Marcus spoke towards the terminal embedded in the table before him. "This is a meeting of the Triumvirate, Triumvir Marcus Flaven speaking. Under the powers of the Necessary Classification Act, this meeting is classified and shall be recorded for the archives of the Dominion only, priority one. Level 10 clearance shall be necessary to access the proceedings of this meeting." To either side of him, sitting at this semi-circular table were the other Triumvirs. "It seems we have much to discuss my fellow Triumvirs and I believe there is little time to delay so I will make haste in getting to the point. One hour ago two missing Dominion Warships, the Nova and Feros reappeared in our space and transmitted their return. They have since been directed to the nearest outpost and both the crews and the ships have undergone extensive examinations. You know doubt have seen in the reports yourselves, that both crews as well as the ships themselves are in the exact condition they were in before their departure. According to both Captains, the ships were taken by an alien races looking to study us and warn us of an impending invasion."

"You will also note" Marcus said, continuing on, "that the Oculus that was dispatched to search for the missing ships have also returned. Dr. Servius reports that a second alien race has entered our galaxy, forewarning us of the impending invasion of the race that took our two ships. Both side claim to be the protectors, while blaming the other side as the aggressors . Neither report can verify with any accuracy that what either alien race says is the truth. In short the Dominion, along with every other sentient life-form in this galaxy is now threatened by an invasion. Both aliens are obviously far more advanced than ourselves and both have proven to be a great threat to us if they are indeed the aggressors in this matter. It seems imperative to me now that we formulate a plan of actions."

Both Alexandria Gentianus and Flavian Sabinus gave nods of agreement before Flavian himself spoke. "I believe it would be best, if we first take care of the matter of the crew of those two ships given the circumstances."

"Agreed" said Marcus who then pressed a sequence of buttons on a panel just in front of him, embedded in the table. Within a few seconds the holographic image of a man stood before the Triumvirate. "Ah Doctor, my apologies for keeping you waiting" Marcus said with a smile. "No need for apologies most august Triumvirs, I am happy to be of service." the man said with a slight bow. "Doctor, we've read over your reports but we would like to hear your own personal thoughts on the matter" said Alexandria. "Of course" said the Doctor. "Well, as I stated in my official reports, the crew seem to be in perfect health and their tests results match that of the results we have on file for each and every one of them. As far as I can tell with our level of knowledge and technology, these are the crews of both ships that went missing." Each of the Triumvirs made a gesture of contemplation before Flavian at last spoke. "I wonder though Doctor, would you stake your career on this being the actual crew of both vessels?" The man looked confused, Marcus spoke up to explain. "Doctor, as you well know, the Dominion is aware that races within our own galaxy have the ability to clone living organisms. Given the obvious show of power by both these races, the obvious fear that this body has realized is that these individuals could in fact be copies sent to infiltrate and undermine our defense. Even if not clones, they still could have been re-purposed mentally to do the bidding of these aliens without knowledge of such things. We must come to a decision that benefits the safety of our people so we must ask the difficult question of whether or not you would stake your own career on these findings?"

The man hesitate for several minutes before at last shaking his head and responding. "No my Triumvirs, I cannot stake my own career on the fact that these are the original crew and that they are in fact, completely intact. Our technology is only so advanced when compared to other civilizations and we simply do not possess the tools necessary to accurately confirm or deny the allegations for which you speak." Muting themselves from the doctor, the Triumvirate deliberated before him before Marcus at last turned towards him and spoke. "Doctor we commend you for your service to the Dominion in this matter and we must now ask of you a most serious charge. The crew must be terminated to ensure the safety of the Dominion. We order that it be done both quietly and efficiently with little suffering endured by the crew given their service records. We are assured you will complete this task without incident." The Doctor nodded, "Of course Triumvirs. Long live the Dominion." His image faded as he saluted the group before at last the hologram was gone. "We should also destroy the ships" Flavian remarked. "It pains me to say such a thing but in truth we cannot be assured that some alien weapon is hidden on board that we simply cannot detect." The other two nodded in agreement, "and what of the alien device the Captain's hand over to us" Alexandria questioned. "It's currently under observation at the outpost" Marcus said. "We have people studying it and we're bombarding it with every jamming technology and technique we have although we know it is likely such things are useless. That said, it will remain on the outpost to ensure the homeworld's protection."

"I suppose then that leaves on one thing left, who to trust" said Flavian. "It would seem so" said Marcus, leaning back in his chair. "Both aliens, if to be trusted, make convincing cases against the other but naturally have given us little in evidence to back their claims. In truth, the two could be working together and hoping to divide this galaxy amongst ourselves until we fight one another and wear down our defenses so as to make their invasion easier. I should think Veridia Prime's location affords us more time than others to formulate plan." Flavian stroked his chin. "One would hope, given that our world is well outside the quadrant where most of galactic civilization lay. If indeed their activity is what drew the enemy here, its sound idea that they would attack there first. However, our remote nature also makes us the perfect first target. Invading our world could provide the perfect beachhead into this galaxy given that our silence from the galactic community would only alarm two other civilizations. By the time they were aware of the civilization, the enemy could be well established here and able to defend this position indefinitely. In my own opinion, I am fearful that there is indeed no clear choice in this matter."

"Perhaps that is not entirely true" said Marcus with that look of pure genius on his face. "If we can discern any truth from both parties story of this invasion, it may be that both sides have been fighting this war a long time. A decisive victory, if indeed the two sides are true enemies, could be instrumental in their larger war. What if, the Dominion can provide for them something they never been approached with before. What if we can convince both sides that we are willing to work as double-agents against the other. Having spies behind enemy lines has always been a fundamentally sound military tactic that I a aware of. This would give us the protect of both sides while allowing us, presumably, some level of access into both enemies. In the end it would ensure that we stood on the winning side and perhaps even, that we discover a weakness in our 'allies' that can be used to rid ourselves of the winners." The room fell silent for only a few moments before said silence was broken. "It would be a dangerous game to play" said Flavian. "I agree" said Alexandria, "we would have to tread carefully in such matters" "I understand" said Marcus, "but in the end of the day we all agree that the Dominion must be protect. To preserve order and subvert chaos, that has been our pledge and in preserving the Dominion we ensure galactic order for generations to come."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 am

Meanwhile on Chiron, the crew and Doctor Kai are quickly put under containment shortly after Doctor Kai sent the message off to CEO Morgan. Though he was an influential man, and had the ear of at least one faction leader, the Planetary Governate remained as of yet unsure whether it was safe to allow the captains and crew that were abducted to travel out on their own and are in the process of performing numerous tests to detect "memetic subversion" as determine whether their minds have been tampered with by the Hildenburen, but no such information was coming out of the tests. Either they really weren't or they were subverted in such a subtle way that the tests could not detect them. If anything, their psych-profiles remained much the same as before and after.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Likewise, Captain Morgan was put under questioning from his superiors, with them verifying his story as true, as far as they know. They send a message asking the Burninites permission to put Sarek, a Vulcan Jedi, on the Craftworld to question the nonopus.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:39 pm

(OOC: Vulcan Jedi, huh? That sounds like a horrible mixing of Trek and Wars Razz)

Permission is immediately granted and Sarek would be transported or allowed transport to the Craftworld immediately at his convenience.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The nonopus emits a noise untranslated by the thing it's wearing on its head. Maybe a sigh.

"What evidence would you require? It seems to me that if the kidnapping your people is not enough then I'm not sure what evidence I could furnish you. If it proves that your forces are actually capable of helping us repel the Hildenburen, I will do my best to furnish it."

Teresa seems to be thinking when Jenova walks in. Neither yet ask any questions. Just examine the creature.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Hildenburen await the use of their communicators.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Doctor Fedorov glares, and says, "I distrust you as much as them. How do we know that we have not been set up? I agree that their seizure of our personnel is an issue, but as of yet there has been no evidence that they have been put to harm, physically or psychologically. Again, the Planetary Governate cannot and will not swear support to a power that has not proven trusted or trustable. If, for instance, these Hildenburen were to attack us, and you joined with our forces to defend us, we would consider that acceptable evidence, but if the reverse was true then we would consider that acceptable evidence to join them. We will not stand with anyone who threatens our interests or sovereignty, and that includes both of these competing parties."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 pm

*Calvin sighed and begin heading back to his ship*

Calvin: You give us little choice. I will relay what you said to the Ordenreich but I cannot promise any support.

*Calvin gets on his ship with the crew already prepping the frigate to leave. The frigate gets teleported back to where they first were much to the surprise of the field fleet still in the area.*

---

*Knight Commander Jager addresses the hierarchy via video conference*

Jager: And that sirs, is why we should... what?! Excuse me mein Hochmeister but it appears that our stealth frigate has returned.

Paul: Very well the council and I will discuss what you just told us while you are gone. But as soon as the Order Captain in charge of the missing ship is abroad and checked out I want him to tell us what happened.

Jager: Yes sir

Paul: And destroy the frigate after the crew are off. That ship is compromised.

Jager: Yes sir

*Jager left to contact Calvin*

Jager: Order Captain, this is Knight Commander Jager. Come in.

Calvin: Sir we read you approaching the fleet.

Jager: Negative. I am sending out dropships to pick you and your crew up. Set up scuttling procedure Black and link it to my ship.

Calvin: I... yes sir.

*Calvin's crew were flown by dropship to another black order stealth frigate to be debriefed while Order Captain Calvin was flown to Knight Commander Jager's ship. We was taken to the med bay for a medical and psyche evaluation.*

Jager: Initiating Scuttling Protocal Black on compromised Black Order Frigate.

*With that said the nuclear mines on board the Black Order frigate were detonated inside the ship completely wiping out all traces of the ship*

*Three hours later Order Captain Calvin was cleared by medical and was taken to the video conference with Knight Commander Jager and the Teutonic Council where he explained everything*
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Dominion Starbase 4...

Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 GTholianAsteroidBase1

It has been a few hour since the order came to terminate the crews and destroy the ships. It had been a tough decision to make for the Dominion, but the only choice they had to protect themselves against enemies they still did not fully understand. Having received no new data from the Centauri or the Rheans, the Veridians could only assume nothing had changed and that the stakes against them remained the same. With little choice and given that they'd made no headway nor did they believe they would, on the device brought back by the lost ships, the Dominion decided to put its plan into action. Like it had so many times before the stargate operating on Starbase 4 activated and through the great event horizon of the wormhole emerged a well-dressed Veridia man, in stark contrast to the scientists and military personnel that usually came through to the base. After a short salute to the base commander, the man, Ambassador Adamus, was shown to the holding area where the device was being stored.

It's just inside this lab, we've placed it in a box and we've attempted to analyze it with every bit of technology at our disposal" the commander explained. "Our scientists are simply puzzled, they can't figure out what the hell its made of nor how the damn thing works, if its a communicator at all. Hell " he said jokingly, "it might be a grenade for all we know."

"Let us hope is simply a communicator" said the Ambassador who then asked to be shown in. Walking into the empty room he requested that the jamming technology be turned off, though many were of the belief it probably wouldn't matter the device would probably still be able to send out a signal. Approaching the box and opening it, Adamus felt some apprehension at touching it. After all, what if it wasn't a communicator...this could be the last of his life. Putting it in his hand, it was heavier than he thought it would be though that really doesn't say much. Looking it over it was certainly a strange little device yet it meant so much in the grander scheme of things. Well he thought to himself, here goes nothing.... Taking a deep breathe the ambassador pressed the button on the device.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not far from where the craftworld sits in space, a Veridian Warship appears. A Veridian Class Cruiseer, it slowly approaches the Burnite ship and send out a message. "This is the Dominion Warship Salus, we are carrying an official ambassador of the Dominion by the name Eliza. She requests to be beamed aboard and be allowed to meet the Gar''zhog, privately if such accommodation can be made."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 am

A shuttle arrives at the Craftworld, where it can be assumed Sarek docks and disembarks. He gives the salute and says, "Live long and prosper." After waiting for the appropriate response, he says, "I have been dispatched to learn the truth, as close as it can be obtained, into who are the real aggressors or whether or not you are working together. If you would permit me to do so, I will attempt to share our minds."
Meanwhile, the frigate abducted is put in dock to check for tampering.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm

"I'm not certain that you understand your pos -" the nonopus begins, but Jenova cuts it off.

"My friend, I'm not certain that you understand your position."

The Gar''zhog is taken aback for a moment at least.

"We have repelled invasions from much larger intergalactic forces before. And we can do it again. However I do have one question, which is basically which one of you is lying to us?"

"The only credi-"

This time Jenova interrupts the Gar''zhog by pressing the button on the device the Hildenburen gave them.

A Hildenburen appears seated in a chalk circle on the floor, just as the one from the prison station. The Gar''zhog squeals and does something on his machines. Nothing happens. "What have you done?"

"If you mean to your ship? Located and removed its power source. If you mean calling this transmission? Hoping to get some truth. If there's one thing we're concerned with, that's it."

In any case, Jenova nods respectfully to Fedorov. Always more difficult for a woman to get anywhere important.

The Vulcan Jedi is greeted and shown to where the action is.

Eliza is granted permission to meet immediately, but told that private meeting may take slightly longer to arrange given that there are already diplomats meeting the creature.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A Hildenburen appears in a chalk circle in the room that the Veridians pressed their button as well. "Hello," it says.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 3:11 pm

*Council Chambers, Livenstein*

Paul: Well thats it then?

Jager (from video call): Yah mein Hochmeister. Both sides do not provide substantial evidence to support one side or the other

Paul: Then we must pick a side...

Paladin Komtur Conner: I call for a vote. Let us see where we stand.

Paul: Very well bring in the cameras for the other nation leaders to see.

*waits for the cameras to come on so the other nation leaders can see where the Ordenreich stands. This feed is not public so not to cause a panic among the civilian population*

Paladin Komturs of the Council, the Ordenreich stands at the precipice of complete and utter destruction. Two alien races threaten the borders not only of our territory but the territories of our friends and rivals. It is evidently clear that the Ordenreich must pick a side in this conflict . Bear in mind your vote will decide the ultimate fate of the Ordenreich. For those of you who vote to side with the Hildenburen please vote now.

*4 votes yes come in from the Paladin Komturs*

Very well. Those that vote for the Gar"zhog please raise your hands.

*4 votes yes come in*

Paladin Komturs we have 20 members who are supposed to vote but only 8 voted. Please explain yourself.

Paladin Komtur Conner: My Hochmeister, the 12 of us who haven't voted did so because we don't believe the Ordenreich owes any loyalty to either of these invading alien species.

Paul: But Paladin Komtur we must fight or be destroyed. We cannot remain neutral.

Conner: I understand that Hochmeister. This is why myself and the other 11 voters in the council choose a third option to vote for. We go to war with our allies and rivals. If anyone can request our allegiance it is our fellow neighbors.

Paul: Very well. It is by the will of the Council by a vote of 12-4-4 that the Ordenreich will stand with its neighbors in the coming war. Whatever race the rest of the galaxy decides to fight with the Ordenreich will stand by them.

*Hochmeister Paul pauses for a second*

Paul: In addition, the Ordenreich declares to all its neighbors of the galaxy that the Hierarchy of the Ordenreich is now in a formal state of war to prepare for the coming invasion. May God have mercy on our people and the peoples of our neighbors.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm

With that, Doctor Federov remains content to simply observe the rest and continue to report back. As for respecting women for being in positions of power, that notion would fall on deaf ears on Chiron given that 3/7 of the faction leaders are female and that the process for appointing officials depended first and foremost on demonstrated loyalty and then secondly on their skill, with little else if at all put into consideration. Alpha Centauri, in spite of many of its other faults, was at least a fairly egalitarian society.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Ambassador Eliza was beamed on board the craftworld and into the group with the rest of the various delegates, representatives, and general on-lookers of the current galactic events. Her arrival came just moments after the Hildenburen appeared in the room, presumably a holographic version. For now, she decided to stay silence and simply watch events as they unfolded between the Hildenburen, Gar''zhog, and the rest of the galactic community.

"Greetings" said the Veridian Ambassador, "I am Ambassador Adamus of the Dominion of Veridia Prime. I have been asked by my world's leaders to contact your people. We understand what transpired between your people and two of our own before you allowed their return to our galaxy. We understand the war that is apparently upon us and the stakes at hand. I can only assume, given what we believe to be your level of technology, that you are already aware that a Gar''zhog has arrived in our galaxy. We can only assume that such an arrival means that war is not immanent."

"For this reason" the Ambassador continued, "we wish to make contact and discuss the terms of an alliance between my people and yours for the purpose of defeating the Gar''zhog and liberating this galaxy from their presence. My people can only assume that our mutual enemy possesses a level of technology similar to your own. Given this, our assistance in the conventional sense of military assistance seems foolish as our own fleets and military would do little against such power. What instead, my people wish to propose to your own, is that we covertly spy on the enemy. They've already offer a similar offer as your people have and we've given them no reason not to trust us. Agreeing to help them would give us access to, at the very least, supply lines and troops movement which would be invaluable in defeating them."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:28 am

"If I may have permission to speak, I have been sent by my superiors to try to uncover the truth as to who are the real invaders. If you will permit me to do so, I would like to share our minds," he says to the nonopus.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 12:11 pm

The Burninites don't respond to the OrdenReich broadcast. Keep in mind, one national leader is debriefing about having just been kidnapped and the other is in the middle of talking to a nonopus. It's something that doesn't happen every day. Not in this galaxy anyway.

In any case, the Rheans find no sign of tampering with the returned vessel. The Burninites have apparently concluded the same, because The Spotlight is already back in active service.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You are a fool," the nonopus says to Jenova. "You have revealed your location to the Hildenburen." It turns to the Jedi and grins, displaying both rows of teeth this time. "Do as you will. It would appear that by the time they return to take the rest of you, you'll still be trying to decide whether to join the species that kidnapped your people or the one that has been completely open anyway."

The Hildenburen shakes its head, but says nothing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hello ambassador," the Hildenburen responds. "I thank you for receiving me." It pauses to incline its head, then moves on to the ambassador's questions. "It is unlikely that the Gar''zhog fleet is more than a few trillion light-years out at this point. Which means that they will be upon you within a year. Also, I think that you are underestimating yourselves. Technology increases beyond where you with decreasing returns. Imagine the graph of a square root. We may be beyond you, but all our efforts can only increase our power by decreasing amounts.

"The offer we would like you to agree to, in principle, is that you are to resist the Gar''zhog assault on your galaxy by whatever means you can, and this will give us the edge and allow us to repel them. In return, you will keep your sovereignty and will gain whatever Hildenburen technologies you are capable of understanding, military and civilian."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 pm

"So you ask only that we resist the Gar''zhog" said the Ambassador, "and you say they are a year away, that is a good amount of time to prepare, perhaps indeed we will be more prepared than we originally believed. Perhaps we do underestimate ourselves but you should surely realize that this is only natural for being like ourselves when we begin to try and compare what we are to being such as yourselves, those who appear to have power which we now can only attempt to understand. "

"We are not a greedy people" continued the Ambassador, "at least not in the sense that we believe all our actions should be rewarded. However, this is something we do desire from your people more than anything, something perhaps less than natural. We have no reason to ask for weapons, for ships, or for your ability to communicate beyond the cosmos. What want, what we need, is simply power. We want and hope that your people can provide us with a power source of never-ending power, something we can use to fuel our own technological revolution. Other races have power sources of this nature and we desire the same."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm

(OOC: The broadcast is recorded so the Burninites would receive it once they finish with your meeting)

*The Hierarchy of the Ordenreich had begun converting their entire industry to war. Weapons were being stockpiled, shelters were being built to account for the civilian population, and an account of their entire population was in effect. The Ordenreich decided that once the enemy was upon them anyone able person, male or female, from the ages of 16 to 50 would be drafted into Reservists. The only ones exempt from this draft were mothers and young children, war factory workers, and a prechosen selection of men and woman who would be taken to a secret bunker to ensure the survival of their species should the worst happen. With the entire economy being converted into a war economy the Ordenreich secretly began work on the first of what would hopefully be many of their new Ultra-Dreadnoughts. The size of this new dreadnought would be 28.960 kilometers (95,013 ft 1 in), Width 11.447 kilometers (37,555 ft 9 in) Height/depth 3.563 kilometers (11,689 ft 8 in) [See covenant super carrier from Halo, I only plan on building around 7 of these so I won't spam them]. The new ultra-dreadnought would have the arsenal equivalent of 2 or 3 of their field fleets alone and it was the only ship capable of firing missiles tipped with the Ordenreich's new FOAB missiles. The Ordenreich hoped that this would be enough to stop these invaders and awaited the responses from the other galactic civilizations*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 5:52 pm

The Veridian exchange...

The Hildenburen appears to shrug. "Power approaching infinite would not be difficult for us to teach to you. It is not a reward, as such. Merely a way for us to ask you not to allow the Gar''zhog another stronghold in the universe.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Dominion Starbase 4...

Ambassador Adamus shakes his head in agreement. "Very well, the Dominion will resist the Gar''zhog and defend this galaxy from the enemy and in exchange, shall receive the technology we request." He pauses for a moment and then, like may species, his faces reveals that he's forgotten something in conversation. "One more thing, the Dominion would like to request the full biological data of the Gar''zhog. We assume that your people would have such data given your ongoing war. It could prove helpful in our own struggle against them."

Last edited by Veridia Prime on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Brother Lal's Chamber

"Planetary Council Meeting, MY 2286. Planetary Governor: Pravin Lal. Members: Pravin Lal of the Peacekeeping Forces, Deirdre Skye of Gaia's Stepdaughters, Sheng-Ji Yang of the Human Hive, Prokhor Zakharov of the University of Planet, Nwabudike Morgan of Morgan Industries, Corazon Santiago of the Spartan Federation, Miriam Godwinson of the Lord's Believers. All members are in attendance. Now, as for the business of this meeting..."

Brother Lal paused, and continued, "As I am sure that all of you know by now, by means of your subordinates, there has been a recent disturbance as it seems that two different competing species, the Hildenburen and the Gar'zhog, both allegedly of immense power, have entered our galaxy. Both of them claim that they want to protect us from the domination of the other, and there is no way to verify the truth of these statements. The Hildenburen, as I am sure you all are quite aware of, had abducted ten of our vessels, but it appears that none of those abducted have come to detectable harm, however we must obviously remain vigilant on the matter. For this reason, the Gar'zhog want us to side with them, however I hardly can see this being of benefit to us and I do not see the wisdom in blindly trusting either side.

"Now, this brings us to the real question of this meeting - seeing as it will in all likelihood lead to conflict that will involve the forces of the entire Planetary Defense Force, what is to be our next action? We could side with one of these alien powers, perhaps, and there is no doubt that they have significant power and that benefits could be extracted from doing so. However, in doing so, I haven't a doubt that we shall either widen a galactic divide across the two powers or start it. That, of course, and the fact that as of yet there remains no conclusive reason to pick either force to join with. There is no proof that any of them wish to genuinely protect our sovereignty, and for all we know the two could be mutually conspiring against us to bring us into their fold. To decide on this matter, I have decided to put this to a vote.

"However, I am not quite yet done. I have put the idea of enforcing our neutrality into consideration, and while it seems like it would be difficult, given the fact that these two groups will be distracting each other I suspect that it may be worth trying. Whichever side that attacks us and violates our sovereignty will be the side that we take against. Not a perfect solution, but at least there is the possibility of escaping this senseless war and subjugation under these two powers. However, there remains the question of what would happen to us even if this was to be successful - even if we resist, would they not want to consolidate their newfound holdings and eliminate any possible threats from inside their territory? While I would like to do this, there remains one final possibility."

Lal then put up the footage he received from the OrdenReich that it would stand by its neighbors and that it would fight alongside whatever the rest galaxy chooses. Then, Brother Lal shrugged, and said, "I remain unsure of whether this is a good idea, but I agree with the intent. We must strive the maintain the independence and sovereignty of this galaxy, and we should not put our support behind forced that have yet to prove themselves reliable allies, if they can even be called that, for I have no doubt that both deem themselves our masters. Thus, I offer one last proposal: let it be that we shall attempt to resist any side that attempts unprovoked hostile action. We cannot support any polity that has already thrown their backing to one of these alien races, but if an as-of-yet neutral polity is attacked, we shall fight whichever race that perpetrated it. In other words, neutrality until the neutrality of others is violated. With the four options presented, let us vote. One vote for each faction."

No one voted for the unequivocal support of either of the races. Chairman Yang and Sister Miriam joined together begrudgingly to vote for unconditional neutrality, while finally Brother Lal, Colonel Santiago, Lady Diedre, CEO Morgan, and Academician Zakharov voted for neutrality until the neutrality of others is violated. With that done, though not without grumbling on the behalf of Yang and Miriam, Brother Lal quite simply said, "Then it is done," before posting the decision of the Planetary Council. The Planetary Governate would go into a war economy, if such a thing was possible, but it wasn't - every faction already was in the Centauri equivalent of a war economy. Though the faction system was certainly the source of heavy division, it, at the very least, did wonders for military readiness.

Meanwhile, Doctor Fedorov excuses herself from the meeting, explaining that she was recalled, and quickly returns back to her ship and returns to Port Garland.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 am

*Meanwhile in the Ordenreich. Hochmeister Paul begin making preparations to defend the Ordenreich from attack. First was the obvious measure, draftee training. All draftees were called in and given training as knights of the Ordenreich. Second was a consolidation of resources. The Ordenreich ended all military operations whether they be military excercises or black order secret ops. Third was continuation of their species. The Ordenreich always considered the possibility of extinction from day one of its space age. As a result the Black Order classified one habitable planet that it kept hidden from all public records that a population of Ordenreich citizens could hide on and hopefully ride out the storm. While this planet was not inhabited right away. The Black Order made preparations to quickly move the Ordenreich government and enough population to sustain their species to this classified world. Fourth, the Ordenreich knew that despite their enforced neutrality declaration it was a very real possibility that they will be dragged in by one side or the other and the Ordenreich contacted other nations asking for their stance on the matter. (OOC: I'm not sure if Veridia or Sela's meetings are private or not) Last, the Ordenreich began investing in delaying tactics and defenses for their core worlds. Black Order stealth frigates worked nonstop at setting up nuclear minefields all over core world galaxies in the hopes that these would force enemy fleets into smaller concentrations for their ships to fire upon. The Ordenreich also ordered heavy mass accelerator cannons be built in their major cities. While these cannons would normally never be used for city defense duty because the shockwave would compromise many of their skyscrapers' foundations, if these cannons are forced to fire to defend the city chances are the city is about to be lost anyway.*
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 pm

(OOC: The decision was posted publicly, though not the actual proceedings.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glowing Energy?
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: