Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Glowing Energy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:05 pm

(OOC: Quick post. I will post more next time I get on)

Jager: I have explicit orders. I was ordered to quote, "capture and interrogate any living being coming from that emission." I am sending a shuttle over stocked up with our elite Paladins. You're welcome to the shuttle but we want one of the crew alive if possible. Dead is acceptable too.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm

"I do not object. Your craftworld will have more security personnel than ours."
------------------------------
"We stick together. Never split the party."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:54 pm

The Centauri in charge of their small fleet responds to the Burnites, "No objection on our end, either. We're not prepared to deal with the exotic technologies that this group seems to possess. Anyways, Doctor Nataliya Fedorov of the University of Planet is on hand and would probably be interested in joining the inspections."

***

Doctor Kai nods, and says, "Yes, let us stay together. There are just enough of us that we can still have safety from numbers but not be too impeded by them."


Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Quintus nor Decimus have any objection with staying together with the group. After all, known of them knew where the hell they were or where the hell they were going. "We agree" say Decimus, "lets just get going" and with that he starts moving towards the "doorway."

_________________________________________________________________

"I would like to be apart of the examination" Servius tells Teresa over the comms. "I've experienced your beams technology before and am ready to be beamed when its time."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

That settled, a Craftworld appears in short order, and the shuttle disappears. A formal invitation for scientific staff to help is sent by Jenova Incinerator herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lt. Fazz, still helping Thorgood stay upright, moves to follow Decimus.

When the party steps outside their cell, they see immediately that their cell was transparent from this side. Everything inside is visible. There are two large hallways, appearing to be for things as large as Petra. One extends to the right and left of the doorway, and another is straight ahead. They are able to see quite far down these hallways, which are perfectly straight, and just seem to contain very large machines without obvious purposes. The machines are too tall to see over (perhaps 8 ft) and the ceiling is a daunting distance above (perhaps 50 ft). There is not another soul in sight.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Sacae wrote:
(OOC: Quick post. I will post more next time I get on)

Jager: I have explicit orders. I was ordered to quote, "capture and interrogate any living being coming from that emission." I am sending a shuttle over stocked up with our elite Paladins. You're welcome to the shuttle but we want one of the crew alive if possible. Dead is acceptable too.

*cough*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 pm

(OOC: OK, post Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:54 pm

(OOC: Well, you could turn that into conflict IC, Sacae. Have your guy send an angry message to the Burnites or something, and it gives us some subplot to work with.)

As mentioned before, Doctor Nataliya Fedorov of the University of Planet responds to the request and offers to assist with the inspection of the alien vessel.

***

Doctor Kai takes in the surroundings, but waits on the others and follows where they choose to go, mostly trying to observe the machinery and determine its purpose and whether or not it could be anything of use to them.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 am

(OOC: Pass.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:17 am

Decimus, still a bit weak leans on Quintus as the two look down one hall and then the next. They also take in the floor and walls looking for any markings or other indications of directions. They also, for a moment, close their eyes and take in the sounds of the immediate area they and the rest of the party are occupying. Sadly, however, they don't seem to hear much other than what little noise the machines nearby make (if any). Presumably, if they found any markings they were in the alien tongue and therefore indecipherable to either Veridian and (more than likely) the rest of the group.

Turning to face the rest, Decimus speaks. "Well unless anyone else has any better ideas, I suggest we move straightforward. I'm assuming this is either a space or planetary facility...or a starship of some kind. We won't know unless we can find a window or some sort of view terminal. Finding out where we are, I feel, should be a priority. Naturally, finding the rest of our crews and our ships would be nice but depending on the size of this place we might not even be where the rest of them are. That's why I'm suggesting finding a window or view screen first. Getting our bearings may prove most useful, again, unless someone objects and has a better idea."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 am

*Order Captain Calvin studied Decimus for a second before letting out a sarcastic comment*

Calvin: Well I could use my neural lace to detonate my ships nuclear payload and then we would definitely where our ships are or were whatever the case may be.


*Calvin smirked as they continued on*

---

*Knight Commander Jager*

Jager: Knight Commander Jager to craftworld. If you would be so kind I would like my Paladins back that were boarding the shuttle when you teleported it. Do so and hand us one of the survivors and I'll won't have to report abduction of military personnel to O.S.S.C command
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:43 am

(OOC: Sacae, just so I get the next post right:
How many paladins were sent to board the ship, keeping in mind it is about the size of a present NASA shuttle? Also, once there, they would find one room with an alien resembling an octopus frantically working on various machines. What would they do?)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 pm

OOC: three to five. They also are wearing hardsuits to work in zero atmo. They would also be shocked and probably a little repulsed but they are the best of the best of the Ordenreich so they would have the discipline not to fire unless fired upon and they have explicit orders to take a crew member alive. nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:47 pm

(OOC: OK cool, the alien would have gained respect for your people and would not have fought them. However he would certainly have hidden them immediately when they made themselves known.

Interestingly, if you show up on the Craftworld now, this RP is going to gain srs depth Razz.)

There is a slight delay in the Burninite response to the Ordenreich vessel, which is probably explained by the rank of the responder. That is, communication of the message to her probably took them a minute or two.

(UNENCRYPTED)
(Initial message attached)
TO: Knight Commander Jager
FROM: Consul Jenova Incinerator

Firstly, no living Paladins nor dead are evident upon preliminary investigation of the shuttle. We will investigate the matter now that you have brought it to our attention, and you are also welcome to investigate yourself, as previously agreed.

Secondly, you seem to be mistaken about the status of the single alien crew of the salvaged shuttle. The Universal Translator seems not to work well, and all we have managed to communicate so far is that we are friend, not foe. It is not a prisoner. If you would like it to accompany you, you are welcome to ask it to do so. It is clearly a responsible agent and we would not get in the way of its decision.

Thirdly, as we believe we have treated you and your people with great respect and we have the common cause of wanting our initially abducted people back, and since the salvage of the shuttle was agreed upon beforehand, we find not-so-subtly veiled threats disquieting, and would much prefer to keep our interaction civil.

Genuinely,
Consul Jenova Incinerator

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All requests to board the craftworld for inspection or investigation of the shuttle or talk to the "guest" are accepted as previously agreed.

There appears to have been a single entity aboard, which, upon closer examination, is not an octopus, but a nonopus. That is, it has nine limbs, not eight. Its language is almost totally incomprehensible. Burninite scientists have totally ignored the tech on the vessel, and have mostly been trying to talk to the alien, with only the success noted above. All the alien has asked for was some elemental mercury, which it promptly drank once given. It seems very interested in meeting anyone from other civilizations. No Burninite has brought up the abducted personnel yet.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Doctor Kai's examination of the machinery is totally fruitless. By humanoid standards, the machines seem to have no discernible useful purpose. Decimus and Quintus do notice, upon examination of the floor, that the hallway straight ahead seems to be less used than the one that moves left and right, judging by the wear.

Fazz shrugs. "I think we should just get away. I don't care where yet."

Thorgood responds to Calvin, "Actually that might be interesting. I find it very unlikely that they kept the ship right near us, and I also find it unlikely that they have left it assembled and haven't jammed it. So I don't think it would work, but if it did, might cause some damage somewhere far away from here. A diversion. Or it might totally not work at all."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:26 pm

(OOC: I was under the impression that my paladins had already boarded the vessel)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 pm

(OOC: They did. What the creature would have done was then initiated a stasis field around them and flipped the floor tile so they are underneath. However for them barely a millisecond has passed. They're aboard, and you'll pretty easily find them if your people come over. Which would also have other interesting results.

Though so would starting a war now that I think about it Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Doctor Kai says, "Perhaps we should take quick looks down the other hallways and reconnoiter our surroundings before continuing."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 pm

(OOC: Fine. Still not pleased that the fate of my characters was decided for me)

Jager: This is Knight Commander Jager to Consul Jenova. No veiled threat was intended Consul just telling you the procedure and how we all can avoid unnecessary paperwork. But what do you mean there are no Paladins onboard? I sent a team onboard shortly before you grabbed the shuttle. Frankly Command wants this alien because we want to get to the bottom of our missing men. Also Command is getting tired and frustrated with these alien mind games they seem to be playing with us and honestly, so am I.

---

Calvin: That was a joke. I prefer not to test that theory in case it does work and our ships happen to be close enough so that we blow up our way out or, in a worse case scenario, ourselves in the process.

*Calvin pauses for a second*

Calvin: I could gut the machine, pull some wires out. Probably get us more progress then playing with something we know nothing about
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:58 pm

(OOC: I'm sorry -- I'd have RP'd the same with you so that it wasn't pre-decided if it had been mentioned earlier. Also possibly my fault. Either way; you sending someone over?)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

(OOC: maybe I'm still debating it. Go ahead and respond to my message and I'll decide)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 pm

Servius proves less interested in the alien than he his the alien's ship and decided to split away to investigate the vessel. After all, Servius was not all that impressed with the creature and given that no one seemed to speak its language (or code their translators to understand it), to him their continued examination of him seemed pointless. The ship, however, could hold a treasure trove of information and that's not just where it came from and if it knows what happened to the others.

___________________________________________________________________________

Although realizing that the hall straight ahead was less used than that of the other hallway, Decimus nor Quintus were any less determined to press forward. Still, Dr. Kai did make a valuable suggestion as did Calvin which got the two Veridian Captains thinking.

"You're right" said Decimus as he looked over at Kai. "We should probably try and at least attempt to establish where each way leads."

"It appears that this one has seen more wear and usage" says Quintus as he motions towards the halway, "while this one is less traveled. Of course I imagine we could get lost easily or turned around, which means we may need a way of marking our path."

"I believe so" said Decimus who then turns to Calvin. "Perhaps if you can break into one of those machines we could fashion ourselves some sort of marking tool or better yet, defensive weapons of any kind at this point."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:57 pm

Captain Morgan decides to, aherm, take a leak to first see if the waste absorption bit is just inside the room. It's also to spite their captors with a messy way of marking things.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

(OOC: ROFL Panpan Razz)

Funnily enough, the floor doesn't seem to absorb anything out here. Good work Captain Morgan.

In any case, the sound in the room is of Petra waking up.

"I agree with forward, especially if it is less used," Thorgood says, "because smaller chance of detection."

"I say we go," Fazz says, and starts down that path if there are no objections.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When the University scientist shows up, the creature, who is referring to itself as Gar''zhog, the Burninite linguists have established, seems first interested, and tries to speak to him and examines him. When he realizes that this bipedal as well cannot speak its language, it loses interest and calls for more mercury. However, it does seem to understand that the Burninites are somehow different from the Centauri.

Servius, too, receives the same initial treatment.

Servius, while investigating the hull of the ship, would note nothing remarkable. However when he steps inside, which is done after communicating the permission of Gar''zhog, he would note several things. There are a bunch of machines and viewers, which Gar''zhog suggests that the bipedals keep their suckers off of, and that the floor seems to be hollow.

The Burninite linguists begin attempting to ask about OrdenReich Paladins, while Teresa gets annoyed and goes to get a hand scanner.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"The only thing we found aboard was the alien," Jenova responds to Jager. "I have just told my linguists to ask about Paladins now. If you send one to us, the communication will be easier, they say, because they'll just be able to gesture at him questioningly. Also we think that these aliens are distinct from the ones that took our people."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Doctor Kai merely nods, and continues on forward, constantly darting his eyes around him, looking for potential issues or anything that sparks his interest.

***

Meanwhile, Doctor Nataliya Fedorov, who is quite certainly not a man, merely watches the investigation with interest, occasionally jotting down notes, but not particularly ready yet to contribute her thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:48 pm

*Calvin nods to Decimus and kneels down at the machine and begins working on a way to get into it*

Calvin: Luckily I was an tech before becoming an Order Captain. As for the pathways the Ordenreich has a saying, "fortune favors the bold, and the bold take the road less taken."

*Calvin turns back to the console and succeeds on removing the outer paneling using his dogtags as a lever he then smells a rotten smell...*

Calvin: What the... Oh... real pretty Captain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    

Back to top Go down
 
Glowing Energy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rhino's Energy Drink Logo
» Solar Energy Engineering, Second Edition: Processes and Systems
» Chelsea - Rhino's Energy Drink Logo
» Glowing Usernames [for MyBB]
» Energy factor....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: