Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A mission of diplomatic importance.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:25 pm

(OOC: The whole inherited Force powers bit can't be genetic. Otherwise, there'd be a lot more Jedi and Sith around. There were only 10,000 in the whole Jedi order around the time of the prequels. See this for more on why it can't be genetic. Find the the section that discusses the Force.

If we go on with the existence of midichlorians being real, which I'm willing to do, I would say there are more of an indicator than a cause for the Force. Furthermore, the way I'm going is that stuff like the Green Lantern Corps and magic and all that are all aspects of the Force expressed in different ways. Kreia from Knights of the Old Republic II mentioned the methods of Jedi and Sith being but two cups in the raging river that is the Force.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm

OOC: No I'm not trying to argue from an OOC standpoint that it is genetic, just from the IC Veridian view they'd rather lay it to something genetic than saying its some mystical power force embedded within the fabric of everything. They will believe they can explain powers like force-push, moving objects, etc. as advanced telekinetic powers vs saying its someone's ability to "use the force." Just as they would explain Jesus Christ as being some advance form of alien life than accepting the notion that he's the son of God, for example.

I have no problem with not using the medichlorians as it doesn't hurt the idea of the RP I have in mind. I just want to make sure it won't completely screw over what you've already established through your own RPing of Jedi and Sith if the Veridians, through experimentation, find some more scientific way to explain the force for themselves. Again, think of it as completely non-canon and we can even go as far as saying the Veridians have it completely wrong, but for them they'll think they've got it all figured out. If that makes any sense. An since you haven't used midichlorians, I won't either, but the Veridians will think they've found something that explains it in their terms.

This is the same approach the Veridians will take with everything in the Universe that is seemingly "magical" or "god-like" that is being Rped. For them, science can explain everything lol
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:41 pm

(OOC: OK. I wonder how they'd respond to Dmitri being a speedster. He did that right in front of the ambassador, after all.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:35 pm

OOC: As in, like the flash right? I was wondering exactly what happened there. I was thinking he was a jedi or well had some force powers and that perhaps that was a force dash or something along those lines lol Good to know. Doesn't Rut have vampires, the Veridians will want to study them as well Laughing if they can come across one willing to be poked and prodded.

Oh one more question, Tatooine...does it exist in your part of the galaxy or is there a planet equivalent it. Actually, that inaccurate, what I'm looking for is a Mos Eisley Spaceport.

Last edited by Veridia Prime on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:00 pm

(OOC: It exists. This Milky Way is apparently an amalgam of the DC universe, Star Wars, and our various inspired universes. There's a Korriban, a Manaan, a Tattooine, a Taris, and even a Dantooine.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A mission of diplomatic importance.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3