Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A mission of diplomatic importance.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

A mission of diplomatic importance. Empty
PostSubject: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Paradisus Novum, Veridia Prime....

It had been several months since the Felicita had made its historic first flight out into the great and vast unknown. While the Dominion screened most of the information released to the public, it did not and could not keep everything from the public so instead they crafted the information so as to ensure order. Veridians understood that the Earth now was no the Earth of their ancestors' past. What they now understood was that the Earth was a chaotic and harsh place, a place of anarchy and instability. Veridians would be making few trips back, as it was understood there was little to gain from Earth and everything to lose. Beyond that information, little else was released as the Dominion feared panic might ensue if Veridians knew that more than just Earthlings were out beyond the stars. Beyond Earth, though, the Dominion did release the information on Alpha Centauri.

A colony of humans much like themselves, they were the closest to Veridians that the Dominion could find so far. While not as politically sound as the Dominion, something that certainly caused concern for fear of political pollution, they were more technologically advanced and had a better understanding of the Galaxy. Trade with them was something the Dominion felt would be profitable, something that outweighed the risks involved with over exposure of their somewhat chaotic and divided culture. The biggest problem that the Veridian's face was, naturally, transportation. While government contracts and been....awarded to corporations to begin construction of a civilian fleet for the purpose of trade and a space station to handle the traffic. While powerful engines of production, this was a new frontier for companies that mostly spent their time building computers and tvs. After all, the economy of the Dominion was fueled on the idea that you don't fix what's broke, you throw it away and buy a new one. This ensure the economy never slowed and production was always constant. Though that assured success, these things would take time.

A mission of diplomatic importance. Sectorialtransportbykar

Luckily at least one of the shipping starships were completed, tested, and ready for voyage to Alpha Centauri. However, given the Dominion believe it could indeed secure a promising trade agreement with the Centauri, they new one ship was enough and that the rest of the fleet would take longer to complete. Instead the Dominion looked at the one device they understood, relatively, and had at their disposal for instantaneous galactic travel...the stargate. Now the Veridians had centuries to understand it, although most of that time they instead spent trying to kill themselves. Luckily for them, the Dominion took interest in the device and has, since founding, had a government department completely designed to the stargate. Knowing the Centauri did not have one of their own, the Veridians sought out another stargate through a limited number of gate addresses they'd been able to discover through a program designed to use the symbols on the gate to create as many combinations as was possible. Given how many possible combinations there are in gate addresses, the number that actually work was limited to the Veridians but luckily they were able to find an used stargate, one orbiting a small moon in a system not far from their own.

A crew was dispatched to retrieve it and it was brought back to Veridia Prime where it was loaded onto the new starship and ready for the journey. Though there was much on the holodisk that the Veridians could use, not enough time was given to allow them to create vaccinations and other necessary medical measure to ensure the Veridian's safety in the alien environment. Instead, the crew and the ambassador assigned would have to rely on the spacesuits just as Captain Varro had before them. Ambassador Alexander Walton was assigned by the government, as their official emissary for the mission. Ambassador Walton was brief on the necessity of trade with the Centauri, given the Dominion's belief in their technological superiority, something the Dominion wanted. With little fanfare, the ship was loaded with its personnel and soon set off on its mission. First, leaving the atmosphere and orbit of Veridia Prime and then soon out to the edge of the Nag system. Calculations made and inputted, the ships were gone in a flash only to appear in much the same spot as the Felicita did near Alpha Centauri 24 Veridian hours later.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

A newly constructed Imperial II-class Star Destroyer exits the dock orbiting Chiron at around the same time. Completely ignoring the Veridian ship, it jumps into hyperspace towards Rhea.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Soon after the Rhean star destroyer leaves the stardock, another ship leaves and heads towards the Veridian freighter. It is the Chiron-Class Light Frigate the UNS Gem of Chiron, the new flagship of the Centauri Fleet. On the vessel was the Commander Andreus Aaron, of course. After a brief inspection of the Veridian freighter, he quickly realized that it seemed to be somewhat similar in design to the Felicita and that it was most likely a Veridian vessel. Still, he decided to play it safe by sending the vessel a brief hail and sent it a message inquiring of its nation of origin.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:02 pm

The Veridian crew were indeed amazing by the gigantic nature of the Rhean star destroyer. They'd never seen anything like it and were certainly impressed by whatever race could construction such a ship. Soon afterwards a message was received by the communication's officer and a message was sent out by the Ambassador himself.

"I am Ambassador Alexander Walton of the Dominion of Veridia Prime and I come in the name of peace and good tidings. On behalf of my government, we apologies for our unannounced arrival but of course given that we have no means of trans-galactic communications we felt we had no other choice. However, I come baring gifts and hope that I am be granted an audience with your government to discuss establishing proper relations between our two people. If we may, we wish to seek clearance to dock as your station and meet with you personally."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Commander Aaron took in the message, and then replied to Ambassador Walton, "Esteemed Ambassador, we are pleased to receive you. You are cleared to dock, in any case. However I must inform you that while I do have some leeway on my actions I am not permitted by law to negotiate, but I will do my best to get you into contact with our leader or at the very least an associate of our leader. I hope to be able to receive you as soon as possible. We will radio you the appropriate space shortly"

The Gem of Chiron then returns to the spaceport before sending the brief message telling the Veridians which space to dock at.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm

The Veridian Freighter followed the direction of the Centuari and was soon docked within their spaceport. After a brief moment of no movement or action from the freighter, the door opened and a landing ramp was lowered. Ambassador Walton emerged from the ship, clad in a Veridian spacesuit, and walked down the ramp.

Veridian Spacesuit:

Once on the floor of the space station the Ambassador went to greet his hosts and whomever was there to officially welcome to the station.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 pm

If he looks around, he'll see another Star Destroyer undergoing repairs by employees of KDY. They'll also be busy constructing ships of Chironite design.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Commander Aaron saluted to the Ambassador as he entered the station, and welcomed him warmly. He then led the Ambassador into the hall towards the section of the station which KDY had sectioned off solely for the use of the planetary governate. He was then led into a secure conference room where he then saw a screen on which there was a vibrant image of a man in a white UN uniform and a blue capped turban. He then said to the Ambassador, "Greetings. I am Brother Lal of the Peacekeepers and Planetary Governor of Chiron. It is my pleasure to receive you. What business have you come here to attend to?"
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 7:50 pm

"Greetings" said the Ambassador with a smile, which was pointless given that only his eyes were visible from his mask. His suit had been upgraded with a better translator, as the Dominion had been able to use the holodisk to better equip their translator with the language of the people he was now conversing with. "I have come as the official emissary and voice of the Dominion of Veridia Prime. Since our first encounter with your people some time ago, our government has studied and continues to study the vast information your people readily made available to us. However, while it alone will go far in helping our people we also realize it is not enough. "

"The Dominion would like to, if possible, establish formal relations with your government and people. There is still much we know so little about, much we feel your people could teach us. We also feel there could be much in the way of resources that we're unfamiliar with. In exchange, the Dominion feels that there is some resources we can offer. Indeed, perhaps our greatest resource is our knowledge of the stargate system and I have come to day with the gift of a stargate to your people. If your government is will to engage in diplomacy and possibly trade, the stargate would be invaluable in its ability to instantly transport goods and people between our worlds."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Lal nodded to the words of the Ambassador, and replied, "You are welcome to establish formal relations with our nation and to build embassies here, however I wish to have the same done in return. As incentive to doing so, we would be willing to grant you our information on faster than light communications, as I believe doing so is mutually beneficial and will help make diplomacy more efficient. As for trade, we are indeed open to the idea but we can only do so when it is to our benefit. As things are, I am afraid that we have little need for minerals of any kind. Our automated mining stations on the asteroids and Nessus produce more than enough minerals to satisfy out industrial output. However, we do find your knowledge of the stargates intriguing, and I do believe that there is some potential in this area. Still, I am hesitant to accept your gift. I mean no offense, but I cannot be certain on the security of such a device, although I of course see the benefits plainly enough. It will simply require some analysis on our part. In any case, are there any other prepositions that you have for the current moment?"
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 12:27 am

"I can understand your concerns over the stargate" said the Ambassador. "That is why, we procured a stargate which operates in space versus one designed to operate on the surface of the planet. The gate can be placed in orbit around a moon or other large spacial body here in this system, but far enough to ensure security of the homeworld. There is an operating program we've developed that will allow you to operate the gate remotely give that this type of gate does not have a control device to speak of. Still try to understand your technology and having nothing comparable to the holodisk you gave us, we've prepared schematics and other information on this gate and its operations in written form."

"Sharing technology for long-range communications would be most beneficial and the Dominion of full prepared to exchange formal embassies. As for trade, what about agricultural goods, is there enough in the way of foods for your people? Our ancestors brought with them a plethora of vegetables and fruits from Earth that we've continued to grow for centuries. We also have natural agricultural goods on the planet that are not harmful, though I imagine we'd have to run tests to ensure safety for your people. "
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Lal raises an eyebrow, and says, "Oh? In that case, we probably will accept your gift, and place the stargate on Nessus, which is our moon and home to many of our automated mines. The written schematics will work well enough for us, we'll simply scan it and then place the info on our own holodisks. We will have information on faster than light communications ready for you as soon as possible, of course, now that you've accepted our offer of embassies. As for trading agricultural goods, I'm not exactly sure if that's necessary for us. We, for the most part, have adequate nutrient production from both our orbital hydroponics centers and our terrestrial farms. However, the idea of acquiring some of your native agricultural goods does sound tempting to us. Perhaps we could exchange biomass and biodata from our two planets both for examination and usage?"
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 12:27 am

"This seems acceptable brother" said the Ambassador, for the first time using what he believed was the man's title. He'd refrained from it earlier as he'd never heard the term used in such a manner before. "The Dominion simply wishes to offer whatever it can in trade so as not to overstep itself. After all your people are offering more than we could ever ask for and to not attempt to offer something as close to equal as we possibly can it fundamentally wrong in our logic and way of thinking. Everything comes with a price, it is a fundamental philosophy of our world. While we will start with an exchange of biomass and biodata I can assure you that in time as our diplomacy grows the Dominion will find a more suitable good to exchange."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Lal nods, and says, "Very well. We will have our information on faster than light communications and some biodata put on a holodisk immediately, and pass on the information to you. You can leave your printed packet and stargate with us, and we will do the work of the installation as soon as possible. Once we are prepared, we will send a message to you so that we can begin to exchange some biomass as made in our agreement. From there on, we can conduct further negotiations. Is this acceptable?"

(OOC: If your guy finds this acceptable, we can simply skip some time and say it all went without a hitch.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:53 pm

OOC: That's fine, we can skip ahead to your people using the gate for the first time if you wish.

IC:

Ambassador Walton gave a nod "This is acceptable and once back on Veridia Prime, we will begin to collect the necessary data for the full exchange on biomass. We will send it back here onboard a starship to ensure the full exchange is complete, as it may take your people some time to full install and develop the necessary dialing technology to activate the gate. It is my hope that very soon we can begin an exchange of embassy and perhaps soon allow our people to begin visiting our respected worlds."

With the preliminary negotiations now over with, the Ambassador could return home with good news for the Dominion. Naturally, they would be most excited to receive the data on trans-galactic communications. This would certainly prove invaluable for generations to come. Thanking Brother Lal and his government for their hospitality, the Ambassador returned to the hanger of the port where technicians from both sides were unloading the stargate. The Veridians explained the relative understand of the Gate's design and material to the Centauri as well as handed over a sealed container that contained the written manual.

After this the Veridians returned to their ship and after a brief time checking their systems they were cleared to leave the spaceport. A brief moment later and the Veridians again left Alpha Centauri for home but would return in only a few short days to fulfill the preliminary agreement with more manuals on the biodata they'd promised. Once this was complete they were remain home, digesting the communications information until such time as they received a communications from the Centauri, presumably through the stargate.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Meanwhile, the Centauri set up the stargate immediately and quickly put together the necessary biomass and biodata immediately, mostly from the Gaians although partially from other sources. They then brought it to the stargate, along with equipment and personnel for an embassy on the other side. Finally, once they were ready they sent a brief message to the Veridians alerting them that they were going to activate the stargate and pass through for the first time, and then did so.

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 pm

The Veridians had been making preparations since their last meeting with the Centauri. The Dominion had requisitioned and compiled a rather extensive composition of biological data concerning the planet of Veridia Prime. A bit larger than Earth, the planet was extremely Earth-like, hence the reasoning why the ancestor's believed it to be the perfect location for a work colony. With them, the ancients had brought a plethora of planets and livestock with them in the hopes of transplanting them onto the plant. Most of the plants had survive as well as the livestock, with many Veridians today still enjoying such things as tomatoes, lettuce, and oranges as well as advantages one gets from pigs, cattle, sheep, and other such things.

Naturally, as well as those things brought from Earth, Veridians had grown to love the natural plant life and animals native to the planet. Mango-like fruit that grew in the tropical region of the planet were among the sweetest and most juiciest of anything the Veridians had from Earth. In terms of livestock, there were beast on Veridia Prime that the people had come to domesticate. Although most were for manual labor in the early days of their civilization, today most were enjoyed for milk-like substance they produced or for their meat. Though gathering the information was import, equally so what building the communication device per-specifications given to them by their galactic friend. It took the Veridians sometime to make the necessary changes to the devices design to fit with the technology they had at hand, but thanks to Veridian ingenuity the device was completed and not soon after the Centauri's message was received.

Though the Stargate on Veridia Prime had fallen into the hands of many governments over the years, the Dominion hand moved it to a safe location outside any major city due to their fear that other species may try to use the gate to reach their planet. No such attempt in known history had ever been made but the fear remains and so the gate was place in a military facility within the planets only known desert. The gate room itself was a massive area, about the size of a football field. Though the stargates designed only allowed ships of very small design to pass through, the number of these ships was limitless so the Veridians felt it necessary to build a facility to accommodate as many as was possible. It wasn't long after the Veridians sent the ALL CLEAR message to the Centauri that the gate was activated. Moving through the coordinates of the planet, the last coordinate was locked and a wormhole was established.

Officials of the government eagerly waited for the first of their guests to come through the gate, the first aliens besides the Veridians themselves, to visit the planet in thousands of years.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:01 pm

The first thing that came through the gate was an unarmed but well armored Rover, which went forward a few feet and then stopped. A man in a Peacekeeper uniform came out of the Rover, seemingly some kind of ambassador, along with a scientist wearing a lab coat with the University emblem and two Peacekeepers with holstered arms. The men first take a brief moment to take in the atmosphere, before the diplomat then said to the Veridians, "Greetings, esteemed people of Veridia Prime. I am Ian Asher, newly appointed Peacekeeper Ambassador to Veridia Prime. We have brought along with us our biodata on a holodisk held by my friend here" - referring to the University scientist, of course - "and following us is the biomass as well as some equipment and personnel for an embassy on your Planet. If they are cleared to enter, I will call them in now."

If they are cleared, a small convoy of trucks begins to come out of the gate. If not, well, they obviously don't.

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon May 28, 2012 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:21 pm

(OOC: If you're going to have Veridians slightly stronger due to a higher-G planet, it's not that simple. See this thread for why. Just putting that out there.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 pm

OOC: That wasn't my intent, only to show some differences between Veridia Prime and Earth. I may get technically and actually give an exact size in the future, but that said I don't think I intend to use the planet as an excuse for making Veridians stronger. For now they're as strong as a human on Earth, relatively speaking.

IC:

Triumvir Marcus Flaven stepped forward and warmly welcomed the Centauri diplomat. "Welcome to Veridia Prime" said said with a smile. "Yes, yes please contact them and tell them to make their journey at once. Please, excuse the security" Marcus said has he motioned the diplomat forward. The room was lined with what could only be described as Veridian soldiers. Armored and armed, they certainly looked formidable but certainly no match for the weaponry that the Centauri peacekeepers were armed with. Luckily, there was no reason to find out today.

"We built this facility out of fear of what might come out of the Stargate. We believed that it was better to put it well out of society to ensure our own survival. We have, naturally, prepared transportation to take you and your people from this place to our capital of Paradisus Novum. We've already cleared land within the capital that we are prepared to formally give your government for the purpose of a Embassy"

As the two walked closer and closer to a small group of people, they were also getting closer and closer to a large door that lead out of the main area they were currently in. While doing so, more and more supplies were pouring through the gate and Veridian soldiers came to help the Centauri bring it all into the Facility. Stopping by the door, Marcus introduce Triumvir Alexandria Gentianus and Triumvir Flavian Sabinus. "Together we are the government of our planet" he said. Soon after the group continued on through the doorway and down the corridor towards another door that led to the landing pad of the facility.

A mission of diplomatic importance. Ut47kodiakdropshuttleby

The wind was strong and hot outside the facility, and the ambassador. The desert of Veridia Prime though a small region comparably, was the harshest area one could find on an otherwise paradise world of tropical jungles, lush forests, rolling hills and snow covered mountains. All one could see from the landing zone was miles and miles of sand with small pockets of rock cropping scattered throughout. Motioning the Ambassador forward, Marcus showed the Centauri to one of several transports ready to take everyone to the capital. Loading into the transport, the Triumvirate, Diplomat, Scientist, and two peacekeepers all got comfortable as the transport lifted off and began its trip towards the capital. The trip would be relatively short but it would give the Ambassador and peacekeepers (were they interested) the opportunity to see much of the planet's surface as they flew.

"The desert is a harsh place Ambassador" said Marcus, "but as you'll likely see its only a smaller portion of our planet. It is my hope that you'll enjoy your stay on our planet."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:51 pm

(OOC: I'll assume the supplies were flown in separately. Some of it is the biomass and the rest is embassy equipment, and the truck drivers will be able to tell them which is which.)

Alan nods, and follows Marcus with the others. They all marvel as they look over at the planet from the transport, and Alan remarks, "If the desert is the harshest place here, I must say that you live in a paradise compared to our planet."

Then, Alan whispers something to the Scientist, and the Scientist nods before handing the biodata holotape to Alan, who then gives it to Marcus and says, "I'm sorry that I didn't give this to you earlier, but I didn't have the chance. It should contain good information on the organisms and ecology of our planet, and once your scientists look through it I am sure they will understand why I made my earlier remark. That, and I assume some of your earlier expeditions would know of how my planet appears."

They stay quiet for the rest of the trip and continue looking over the planet, marveling in the natural beauty of the planet.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:23 pm

OOC: Yes, everything will have been loaded in other transports of various sizes and shipped to the embassy following after the shuttle with Marcus and the other's left.

IC:

"This data will surely prove invaluable Ambassador" Marcus said. "We have also complied a rather existence collection of our own biological data." Marcus handed Alan a device similar in structure to a USB drive from Earth's past. "We've placed it on a mobile storage device, similar to that of these holodisks. While we don't believe it holds nearly as much data and certainly doesn't function as these disks do, we believed given your advanced level of technology compared to our own that your people should have little problem accessing the data off of it. An certainly it will travel well back to your planet as compared to stacks and stacks of paper-material." That last statement was said with a laugh and Marcus's guests found the remark humorous enough.

The trip was relatively short and soon the occupants of the Shuttle were flying high over the capital itself. A remarkable feet of Veridian Engineering, the capital was completely new in terms of settlements on Veridia Prime. It was built after the founding of the Dominion and was to symbolize the unity of the new world order. Its design was circular, with the entire city sectioned off into three rings. The first and outer most ring was the industrial/commercial area of the city. Towering skyscrapers of various shapes and designs dominated the area, creating a sort of outer wall of stone, steel, and glass. Beyond this area and just over a small moat-like water area was the middle section, an area of residential living and beautiful park-like outdoor areas. Dwarf buildings by comparison to the commercial area, these homes and small shops were no more than three stories high.

The Centauri could also easily see that the most common mode of transportation was surface-based transports. Whether wheeled or not, they could not tell from their height but the easily noticed that there were not many other shuttles like the one they were in, flying over the city. Just over another river-like water feature was the center section of the city, the government section and the seat of power for the Dominion. There at the exact center of it all was the Grand Dominion Hall with its great dome and marvelous architectural design. The transport came down for a landing in the court-yard area of the Grand Dominion Hall. Coming to a complete stop the doors were opened and the occupants were shown out.

"We have a vehicle waiting to take us to the embassy site" Marcus said as he showed the group out of the court yard to the front of the building, then down some stairs towards the street where vehicles similar in design to 1950's cadillacs were waiting for them, similar aside from the fact that it hovered. It also rain on a different power source, the doors swung upwards when they opened, and on the inside there were many modern conveniences such as a video-communication device. Marcus sat with the Centauri while the remainder of the Triumvirate and other Dominion officials now accompanying them sat in a second and third vehicle. This ride was extremely short as they need only travel a few blocks from the Grand Dominion Hall down the central straightway and then turn down a secondary street to come to the site of the embassy.

"As you cans see Ambassador we currently have a vacated building on the property" Marcus explained as they exited the vehicles and walked up to the building. "Its of good quality construction and we would have no problems working with your engineers to remodel it to suit your needs. However, should you wish to demolish it and redesign the entire property, we're will to accommodate these requests as well. There are some height restriction in this sector however, but I am sure your engineers and ours can find a design that comes into compliance with our laws and suits your needs if demolition is your desire."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:20 pm

(OOC: Since you decided to call him an ambassador, I decided to actually make him one. He was supposed to simply be a diplomat, but meh, he's named and so might as well be important.)

Alan collects the storage device, and offers a chuckle at the remark, although he himself has never experienced the issues with dealing with hard paper. For the rest of the ride, he simply takes in the sights and is clearly impressed at the planning and construction of the city, marveling at it's very exact arrangement. Once he arrives at the embassy site, he gives the location a quick visual scan and nods, and replies, "Esteemed Triumvir, I am quite sure this will suit our purposes quite nicely. To construct a new building will be too much hassle all sides to be worth it. I am sure that our men will renovate the building as necessary to fit our needs. I will of course be moving in shortly as the Ambassador. With that, I believe that our business has mostly been concluded, unless there are further matters of discussion that I have forgotten?"
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:31 pm

OOC: I actually thought about that after posting and was just too lazy to change it. Sorry about that.

IC:

"This will be every good" said Marcus. "Our government looks forward to working more closely with your people. This embassy is only but the first step in that matter and I look forward to the enhancement our exchange allows for both our peoples. Your supplies should be arriving shortly in trucks that will be allowed to occupy this street while they unload your supplies. Security forces will ensure that no civilian traffic is allow to ensure a smooth transition. The Dominion will be lending the use of at least three of our shuttles to allow for easy travel to and from the stargate as is necessary for the personnel in this embassy. This is temporary actually, as we've recently pass measures to build a new stargate facility here in the capital. Vehicles such as the one we road in as well as drivers will also be issued for embassy use. We can train your own personnel in the use of these vehicles if it is more preferred. I will also have engineers over right away to work with your own in the renovation process. Beyond that Ambassador, I do believe officially we've completed our business although I imagine in the coming days and beyond, we'll be seeing much of each other."

OOC2: Yeah I think that should about do it for now, although consider that the Ambassador and his staff was given an honorary dinner soon after their arrival, once they determined what they could and could not eat lol.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:07 am

(OOC: Who will you be visiting next?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A mission of diplomatic importance.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next