Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A mission of diplomatic importance.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 pm

(OOC: Ehh, it's fine, we can just say that the dinner was a success and you can visit someone else now.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 pm

OOC: Good deal, well I go believe its time to meet the Rheans, it is Rheans isn't it? Now just to come up with a good story for our meeting.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

(OOC: Rhea is Panzer's main planet, so yes ^^.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

(OOC: Ask where that Star Destroyer came from. There was one that exited around the time you arrived and another one undergoing repairs while you were there.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:47 pm

(OOC: They already know, though, because we gave them some information on all of the civilizations we know about.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 pm

(OOC: A desire to meet one of the major powers that isn't an isolationist one?)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 pm

(OOC: Maybe because we would have the most info on you because we have the best relationship with you as opposed to the others.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:31 pm

(OOC: There's that, too., even if two of our own turned out to be Sith Lords and a bunch defected to join the Sith.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:40 am

OOC: Given this will be a diplomatic mission, I'll just transition and take on the next step here. I am going to jump time a bit though. Also I'm going to make a bit of a assumption here Sel if its ok.

IC:

In the two months that followed the arrival of the Centauri Ambassador and the establishment of the embassy in the capital, the Dominion began making changes. Construction of the first Veridian Space dock was almost complete around Veridia Prime's one and only moon. A new construction project, an inter-galactic space port had its ground breaking just outside the capital. It would soon become the new home of the stargate as well as landing zones for the transport ships which the Dominion suspected would be carrying individuals to and from the space dock. While diplomatic talks with the Centauri continued over the extent of the relationship between them and the Dominion, very basic trade agreements had already been signed. Most biological imports and exports so far, it was a start toward the technology the Dominion hoped to procure in due time. Naturally, however, having digested more and more of the information the Centauri had given them the Dominion understand there were other more powerful civilizations out there.

The Felicita:

The Felicita's maiden voyage had been a huge success and after refitting the ship with a more updated data base of languages and other information given to them by the Centauri, the Veridians were ready to send the ship out again. This time, while Captain Varro would again command the ship, he would not be leader of the mission. Ambassador Servatius would lead the mission and take on diplomatic talks with another galactic power, the civilization known as the Rheans. The Veridians had already had a glimpse of their technology having witnessed one of their might battleships leave Centauri space. If ever a time the Dominion could procure such power and technology for themselves, true order could perhaps indeed come to an otherwise chaotic galaxy. Refitted with far better living quarters as well as a more stable core, the Felicita would make the perfect diplomatic vessel. Leaving the planet the ship made it towards the edge of the Nag system before making its jump. Using Centuari coordinates, the ship was to exit its hyper-jump just at the edge of Rhean known space. Using Centauri communication technology, the Veridians would attempt make first contact by broadcasting the following message:

Quote :
This is the Dominion vessel Felicita, we come on behalf of the Dominion of Veridia Prime in the name of diplomacy and peace. We were informed by the Centauri that we could find the Rheans in this region of the galaxy. We seek to establish relations with them in the effort to better foster prosperity for both civilizations.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:27 pm

No sooner than they arrive will they realize approaching Rhea are several vessels they would recognize from Centauri archives as Sith warships. Approaching them rapidly are a few they would recognize as Imperial II-class Star Destroyers. They start duking it out, sending fighters out to engage each other. Though the Felicita got caught in a tractor beam, it was quickly disabled as the Sith vessel holding them was blasted in two by the heavy turbolasers of a nearby Star Destroyer. If they could measure firepower, they would realize both sides' capital ships are slinging around hundreds of megatons of firepower at each other in an absolutely brutal fight. Eventually, the Sith remnant are forced to retreat, leaving behind the wrecks of a few of their vessels.

The Star Destroyers turn their attention to the Felicita. They hail them.

Quote :
This is Captain Raeder of the Incorrigible. Sorry about the mess. The damn idiots don't seem to know when they're defeated.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:48 pm

The Felicita's Captain nor crew had not expected to encounter a galactic skirmish, especially on the size and scale that they'd just encountered. Indeed in proved what the Centauri records had practically stated about the Rheans, their technology was well advance and certainly among the strongest and most powerful in the galaxy. Naturally being caught in the crosshairs of the battle was not the ideal for meeting the race, but it had given the Ambassador a unique chance to witness the destructive firepower of the Rhean's vessel, something that would prove invaluable when he returned and briefed the Dominion.

"I must apologize for our abrupt arrival Captain" said Ambassador Servatius over the communication device which was audio only, "had we'd known of the volatility of the region still, we'd have chosen a different method of contacting your people. However, it does seem that your people have the situation well under control. My name is Ambassador Servatius, I represent the Dominion of Veridia Prime. We are fledgling space-faring civilization that is seeking diplomacy with our closest galactic neighbors. We have already met the Centauri who gave us relative information about your people. If I may, I wish to meet with an appropriate representative of your people so that I may properly introduce myself and my people. If that be you, I ask permission to board your vessel."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 10:51 pm

"Ah, yes. So you were the visitors at that KDY facility at Alpha Centauri. We were wondering when you'd show up. Our boys there didn't get much out of the Centauris, though. Just wait a moment. The Emperor's vessel should be approaching soon. It's a shame its patrol wasn't near the zone of engagement. It's always a good laugh watching Sith warships try to tackle an Executor-class vessel." A few minutes later, the Gantrithor appears, its engine exhaust dwarfing the nearby Star Destroyers.

"The Emperor has been alerted to your arrival. He eagerly awaits your docking."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 pm

OOC: I'm going to assume the Felicita easily fits into one of the Executor-class's bays. Which probably goes without saying but still lol. I'm also going to take some liberties on how I believe this works.

IC:
The Felicita, an ant against the elephant, makes its slow approach towards the Gantrithor and towards the bay it was cleared to land in. Tractor-beams soon lock onto the ship and guided it easily into the bay as he put its landing gear down. Softly coming to a stop onto the metal surface of the bay, the Ambassador is suited up. Though they had information on the Rheans, the Viridians were not prepared to attempt existing in the artificial environments of other races. So, after dawning a space suit the Ambassador made his walk down the loading ramp of the ship and onto the deck of the ship, a bit a awe at the size and scope of just the landing bay he was currently in.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm

He is greeted by hundreds of soldiers and officers lined up at attention. Walking in between towards them are a man in a black suit flanked by four men in red armor and what appears to be silver batons on their belts. Music blares for a minute before the man in black arrives. He bows.

"Hello, there. I am Emperor Dmitri Medvedev of the Greco-Russian Empire, or as certain more conservative elements would prefer to call it, the Third Spartan Empire. Anyway, welcome to the Gantrithor."

If not for the fact that their helmets are concealing their faces, some of the soldiers nearby would be visibly trying to suppress laughter at how flippant the Emperor is being. It's apparently a regular thing he does to any new people he meets.

(OOC: The music blaring is the Imperial March.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Ambassador Servatius bows, "Thank you Emperor Medcedev for graciously allowing our ship on board the Gantrithor. This is indeed a magnificent show of technological advancement and I must say with some humility, that our people are at aw. Our people are seeking out civilizations such as your own in the hopes of fostering good diplomatic relations as well as working out trade negotiations. It is my hope, that I may indeed discuss with you the possibility of trade between our people."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:35 pm

"That should be simple enough. I mean, really, it's just a matter of signing a document saying we have a free trade agreement and letting the businesses involved do their thing. We are a rather open society, home to... how many, Master Ko?"

One of the men in red armor speaks, "One hundred and forty-eight, your Highness."

"One hundred and forty-eight sentient species. I assume you'll want to select an embassy here, too. Well, we'd offer you one in Sharkcat City, but the city is still in the process of rebuilding. Nasty what happened to that magnificent city. A Sith armada fired down on it after sabotaging the planetary shields. Boom! One big pit of molten steel and rubble where a city used to be." He mutters to himself in anger. "Anyway, we should have spaces available in Rome, Berlin, and Moscow. Yes, we weren't very creative with our names."

By this time, they'll have gotten out of the hangar bay and into a turbolift which takes them to the floor where his office is.

He steps inside and offers the Ambassador a seat.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

The Ambassador took the seat graciously accepted to him, certainly comfortable even with the fact that he was wearing a completely pressured suit. Waiting for his host to take his own seat, Servatius continued the conversation.

"The Dominion is certainly interested in trade however, free trade as we understand it would not work best of our people" he said in a somber tone. "The Dominion would be more interested in a fair-trade agreement, something that was fair and mutually beneficial for the both of us as well as allowing some sides some control over the imports and exports. We would also graciously accept the offer of an embassy and certainly offer an area in Paradisus Novum, our capital, back on Veridia Prime...our homeworld."

"Naturally, "said the Ambassador as he continued "what we'd certainly like is information. Being new to the galactic community, we wish to know everything we can about the Galaxy in an effort to better prepare ourselves. Certainly, as our meeting at already shown, there are both civilized species such as yourselves and certainly very uncivilized races such as these...what did you call them....sith? Knowing they exist, and having information so that we understand them better would allow us to better prepare ourselves. For we are not naive, the Dominion understand that the more races we interact with creates the more likelyhood that we'll run into a hostile race or that one will find us on Veridia Prime."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

He takes a seat and says, "As you wish. We will opt for an agreement that allows you to regulate your imports as you wish. I will also accept the offer of an embassy. I believe we should let our respective staffs make the decision as to where to place them."

He suddenly stands up and has a soft drink in hand. The ambassador would feel a breeze from that if he wasn't in a space suit but the effects are there otherwise by the flimsiplast sheets flying away and the hair of the Imperial Knights waving.

"I'd offer you some but you know..." He indicates the suit. "I'm currently downloading a copy of the Encyclopedia Galactica for you. I'd print it out for you but there are enough volumes in there to fill my office." After the download finishes, he hands the ambassador a datapad. "I'd give you the data in some other form if not for compatibility issues between software from different civilizations. In it is data on a great many civilizations, including several not from this galaxy, such as Korugar."

He bites his lips and says, "As for the Sith, they are humans. Most of them anyway. It's not a species, or rather, they haven't been for a few thousand years. The original species is extinct. The Sith are more of a religious cult, and a powerful one at that. Our information indicates that the Sith armada that recently attacked was a mere expeditionary force. Our experts say that the rest of the Sith Empire is out there somewhere, occupying a bit less than a quarter of the galaxy. Terrifying thought, isn't it?"

He takes a sip of his soda. "What really miffs us and makes the fight against them very personal is they are practically cousins to us. Over a thousands years ago, and approximately five hundred before we were sent through the dimensional rift that brought us here to this galaxy, there was a war between a Sith-ruled empire, simply known as the Galactic Empire, and a government with its capital around Earth known as the United Federation of Planets. Contact between the two civilizations occurred through a wormhole found by a Federation vessel and war broke out soon after by a conquest-hungry Empire. What saved the Federation from being dismantled completely was the Sith habit of betrayal. The wormhole connecting the two fizzled out and the Sith lord who tried to cut off the rest of the Empire from the one being established in the Milky Way was killed. Due to a deal by the portion of the Imperial fleet loyal to the Emperor and the government of the UFP, the Federation was allowed to remain a power independent of the Empire. In due time, the two reconciled, especially as it was discovered that the humans of the Empire were descended from Earth. It's theorized that a Federation vessel that was damaged in the battle and sent through the wormhole was displaced to a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, seeding that galaxy with humans. History repeated itself a bit as a sizable colonization fleet was sent through. Ours ran into issues and we crashed on Rhea and it was a few centuries before we recovered well enough to get back on our feet. We fortunately never lost the knowledge of how to create hyperdrives. The others headed off elsewhere and apparently at some point turned into the Sith empire."

He finishes his drink and lets the ambassador digest the huge amount of information sent his way.

(OOC: There would be stuff like the different Lantern Corps and extra-galactic stuff from the DC Universe.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm

That was indeed a great amount of information to digest, information that was quite interesting. The Ambassador sat, intensely following the story as the Emperor described it to him. Never in all his days could he have imagined such a history for one people...or was it peoples. Nevertheless, the Rheans...or was it Greco-Russians...no wait it was Spartans....again, nevertheless these people were a highly advanced and sophisticated race, one the Dominion could certainly prosper from through the information they were willing to provide and in time the technology that would flow through Veridia Prime through trade.

"Our people share a similar, abet difference, history Emperor" said the Ambassador. "Our people came through the stargate centuries ago on a mission of colonization from Earth. However, not only did our people travel through time by accident but also across dimensional plains. The Earth our ancestor's left is not the Earth that exists today and having be stranded here, we've spent our centuries of exile recreating society and civilization as our ancestor's knew it. Only now have we begun to reach the technological age of our ancestors though we still have far to go. The information you are providing us will be invaluable and the Dominion can only hope to be able to give information of or as close to equal the value as is possible by us. Tell me your majesty, do your people know of the Stargate?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:34 pm

"We have some knowledge of it but we prefer hyperdrives as a means of faster than light travel. There are other means out there. Oan type power rings can transport their bearers across half the universe in a few hours. The Rutians, the next most powerful of our neighbors, has a method called folding space. The Bastian Dominion relies on a network of wormholes for their transportation needs."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm

"I imagine our hyperdrive is primitive compared to the technology which your civilization and others have. It is our understanding that the gate network is expansive, reaching as far across the galaxy as is possible but we've yet explore even a fraction of it so we truly have no clue about this belief. That said, while we hope to develop more powerful hyperdrive and stardrive technology, the stargate is our best option for more instantaneous travel across the galaxy. With that said, for effective trade in would be imperative to know if your people have access to a stargate for the purpose of trade between us. We can offer our working knowledge of the gate and its network although I imagine, given your level of technology, this may be information that your people already have."

The Ambassador paused and then continued. "What I hope is that I may find something of value near to, at least, the value of what your people is offer my own. We have a great surplus of agricultural goods that we could trade if your people find it a necessity. Beyond that, I can only find that perhaps your people could find useful our medical knowledge and medicines we've been able to develop from resources on our homeworld as well as possibly our knowledge in the areas of genetics and such. Does your majesty feel any of this could be of use to your people?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 pm

"We don't have a Stargate and most of us have never cared enough to try to make one when we already have functioning warp drives and hyperdrives, even if we almost never end up using warp drives. It may end up being simpler to just sell you some of our hyperdrive capable ships or erecting a shipyard around Veridia Prime. Kuat Drive Yards has one in Alpha Centauri and they are looking to expand business. Before you ask, they will not build you a Star Destroyer. The Confederated States of Rhea have exclusive contracts to them. As for what we may gain from you, we may look into the medical knowledge. Bacta and cybernetics is useful but it's always good to have other things."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:01 pm

"While the offer of a Star Destroyer is appealing even if it were on the table, it seems highly unnecessary at the moment, not to mention I imagine it take a great sizable crew to man such machines and we simply wouldn't have the manpower to operate such machinery effectively. However, we would indeed be gracious to the Confederated States if they were willing to sell us ships capable of hyperdrive as you know it. While our ships is the culmination of years of research into the field, its still decades if not more from the capabilities your ships possess. To acquire such technology and improve upon it ourselves would only go to strengthen our ability to trade with galactic civilizations such as yourselves."

"The Dominion would certainly be willing to trade what you're offering for our knowledge in medicines and other related areas. Our world, as it has become necessary, has spent much time and energy into areas of medicine, genetics, and every field we know of in regards to the human body. When it became apart that population control was necessary as we were overreaching our planets natural thresh-hold for supporting life, we develop drugs which allow us to safely sterilizer our population without making the process permanent. Beyond this we have natural flora which we've been able to use to create medicines such as Retinax, a drug able to cure all known eye disease of my people. The drug comes in 5 forms, allowing use for almost all our people aside from a small minority whose genetics simply rejects the drug. Naturally, this is something we're working to correct but regardless, it remains a powerful drug. We also have a substance we call Medi-gel or Medical Gel. It is a all-purpose medicinal salve combining an anaesthetic and clotting compound. It instantly seals injuries against infection and allowing for rapid healing by having the gel grip tight to flesh until subjected to a frequency of ultrasound. It is sealable against liquids as well as contaminants and gases. Not only do we use it for biological injuries but also to seal suits if punctured."

The Ambassador paused again, allowing what he'd discussed sink in before continuing. He naturally believed the Rheans were overestimating the value of the stargate and its wider network of gates but did nothing to indicate such thoughts as he continued.

"Naturally I believe you majesty that we can certainly find something to trade with your people, hopefully something of near equal value to what you've offered. I see no reason why Kuat Drive Yards would not be allow to build a shipyard in our system as the competition would be well welcomed by our own companies and would only go to boost the economies of both our civilizations. I do feel that this conversation has been most enlightening and certainly fruitful for a first encounter. If we are at an agreement your majesty I would like to return home to discuss matters with my government. Naturally, I will leave the coordinates of my planet with you so that when the time comes to send your emissaries they will naturally know where we are. Thanks to the Centauri we also have communications technology so that contacting us will prove easy."

OOC: So long as the Emperor accepts and unless you have something to add Panz, I believe that will do it other than for my Ambassador to leave. We can just assume your Ambassdor's arrival on Veridia Prime as well as the Shipyard company's arrival and construction. One question though, in the information being given to the Veridians, would it include information of midi-chlorians? If not can I assume it will at least have information of Sith and Jedi as well as the force in general? I have an idea for a story but I need to know how much information on the force and the two groups in general, the Veridians get before I can start such a story.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 10:16 pm

He nods and accepts. He requests that the Imperial Knights escort them back to their ship.

(OOC: I'm pretending midi-chlorians don't exist, as far as this goes. It's useless technobabble, even if it's not that bad of technobabble. It will have a fairly detailed information on the history of the Jedi and the Sith, but fairly little on their actual techniques and stuff like how to build a lightsaber.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 1:12 pm

OOC: Oh ok, well that's fine that's its not detail in the sense as giving Veridians information on how to build lightsabers so long as it at least mentions the force and possibly force powers. I asked about the midi-chlorians because Veridians are very non-religious/spiritual/supernatural, in the sense that their religion has become reason (Think the Cult of Reason that sprang up during the french revolution, although in Veridian terms, Veridians seek knowledge and truth, vs Liberty and truth). Therefore, the Veridians won't believe the force is what gives Jedi and Sith their "super-human" like powers but instead it must be something genetic. Midi-chlorians would have naturally fit this bill, but if it completely derails what you've built here then I won't bring it up. But if I can, I'd like to be able to find someone sort of genetic reason for force powers, but it can be something that if learned by the Jedi, they could easily dismiss it so as not to derail what you've created, if that's ok with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A mission of diplomatic importance.   A mission of diplomatic importance. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A mission of diplomatic importance.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next