Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:04 pm

"I suppose it might be possible, then, although we rarely do those sports. Anything else, then?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:14 pm

"I suppose equestrian sports are out of the question."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:48 pm

"I don't even recall the last time I've seen a horse outside of a zoo, yes."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 5:23 pm

"Horses, no. Two headed Brahmin, yeah." Tex shrugs. "They're good pack animals, but that's all really. Never bothered trying to ride them. I've seen a couple somewhat tame Molerats though. Actually managed to break one in."

"I remember that. I also remember that Armadillo you tried to break. Dragged you through one hell of a cacti patch." Kat grins at Tex.

"Hush, you." Tex shifts in his seat.

L'ng just shakes his head, then turns back to the conversation. "Horses were not something that survived in our lands. We do not use riding animals any more either. I believe we would be best to stay with Track and Field, Aquatics, perhaps Gymnastics, and perhaps football. While we are all aware that both New Vegas and the Legion may not play football for sport, they might surprise us with a team that does quite well should they make the attempt."

Kat looks at L'ng. "I'm curious, why do you refer to us as only the Legion. We've merged with the Enclave and are simply America now."

L'ng shakes his head. "The Enclave was dissolved as a nation. To us, they do not exist. You are still the Legion."

Tex nods to L'ng. "Yeah, we refuse to accept the merger too."

Kat sighs. "It's not what we wanted, but we had no choice."
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 pm

Elizabeth simply nods at L'ng, and says, "That would be an acceptable selection, may as well keep the program trim." She doesn't comment on the issue of the merger, not wanting to start a diplomatic incident.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:47 am

Lang says, "We can discuss politics later. I can arrange for a meeting between Caesar and the Chancellor if need be." She turns to Elizabeth and says, "That should work. If this is considered a success, we will consider a winter Olympics. Of course, it will depend on the nations involved. The Chancellor wants to see ice hockey."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:25 am

"Perhaps, but we don't even really play any of the sports in the Winter Olympics. Too dangerous. In any case, we should now decide where to host the Olympics. Again, the UMNA is more than willing to do so."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am

"True. We'll probably have to wait a while for fencing. We're content to let you host it."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:10 am

Kat shakes her head toward Lang. "That will not be possible. However, I am capable of speaking for him and that would be a very good idea." She frowns afterward. "Ice hockey?"

Tex studies Kat for a moment, then sighs. "From what I've been able to understand, they use those L shaped sticks that we've seen in some places to hit a ball around." He shrugs. "I don't know for sure though. There mountains are the only places we have ice and I try and stay away from those areas."

Kat smirks. "After the last time I was with you, I can understand why."

Tex rolls his eyes. "Hush you."

L'ng ignores the two now and nods to Lang. "I would agree with Ice Hockey, however, it would appear that we may have the only two nations engaged in winter sports that are here. We would have little problem with it being hosted here as your nation brought the idea to the table. The following years, we should agree on a rotation schedule so it is not in one place each time."

Tex shakes his head. "Hey, some of us still do skiing. Just cause I hit a patch of ice and fall on my ass doesn't mean the rest of us do."

Kat just tries not to giggle. She shifts position and clears her throat.

Tex looks at Kat sideways. "And I seem to recall a certain little girl that tried her hand at snow sledding when she was twelve. Had five trees to avoid and somehow hit all five."

Kat turns bright red. "Hey, we're from Texas. The desert regions. That was the first time I went to the mountains and saw snow. My next trip wasn't as bad. I only hit three trees." She's amused by the whole thing now.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Elizabeth nods, and says, "Very well, we are of course willing to agree to a rotation schedule for the games. Are there any other miscellaneous matters that need to be addressed or shall we adjourn the meeting?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:42 pm

She smiles and says, "It's called a puck. Disc of frozen vulcanized rubber." Addressing L'ng, she says, "That is acceptable. What specific forms of martial arts? There's judo, taekwondo, karate, Krav Maga, jiu jitsu."

She makes a mental note of the ones so far: football, archery, swimming, running, discus throwing, javelin throwing, gymnastics, shot put. She thinks of suggesting golf but waits.

The representative from Khandaq, who has been quiet the whole time, nods.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 pm

Elizabeth shrugs, and says, "Over the years they've just melded together into a generic 'martial arts' over here. The best way to describe what we have is something of a combination between boxing and taekwondo. I'm not sure if we actually all agreed to include that, but it's not a huge deal. Also, if we decide to add shooting, perhaps we should split that between ballistic and energy rifles. Experience with handling one type does not necessarily translate into experience in handling the other."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:00 pm

"True. It should probably be split in regular guns, laser weapons, and Gauss weapons. Which rifle should be used, though, and in what caliber? 5.56 NATO is probably a good one. It's a common enough round, anyway. .22 LR is good, too, and was what was used in the old Olympics."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:31 pm

She raises an eyebrow when Gauss weapons are mentioned, as they tend to be extremely heavy military-grade weapons in the UMNA. In any case, she says, "The 5.56 NATO will do, I believe that one of the rifles that use those rounds is extremely common here, although the name now escapes me. For the laser rifle, I think the ZPCI-r34 can be used, since it uses MF cells, is easy to handle, and has seen some limited distribution worldwide. As for Gauss weapons, I believe they are too rare and dangerous to be used for this purpose."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Tex raises a brow. "Too rare? I use one back home from time to time. It ain't rare."

Kat remains silent on this one.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:09 pm

"Well, perhaps too dangerous, then."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:26 pm

Tex just laughs. "Dangerous, I can agree with. The mess that gun leaves behind ain't somethin' I'd like to deal with." He grins. "So we use somethin' a little more tame. That works for me."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 3:02 am

She chuckles. "True. It's amazing how much damage a 2mm Electronic Cartridge round can do. Laser and 5.56 NATO, then."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 am

"Yes, yes. I believe that that will conclude our convention, then, and leave the preparation for the event up to us?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 am

Kat nods, then turns to the Swiss delegate. "About meeting with the Swiss. I'm not sure how this could be done. Even though it would be a very wise choice, even Eden gets any idea of what I'm doing..." She just trails off, shaking her head. "Probably best to drop the whole thing."

Tex raises a brow. "Or maybe it could happen in New Vegas? You don't have to say anythin' other than you're comin' to visit me, you know. Whoever the Swiss sends could just, well, happen to be there to enjoy a little of the New Vegas life." He shrugs.

Kat looks at Tex for a moment. "That could work." She looks toward the Swiss. "Could that be arranged?"

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 pm

"That could be arranged. I think the member of Parliament in Hamburg is due for a vacation."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Elizabeth doesn't comment on the arrangements for the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm

(OOC: Bump? If we're done here, I'll start the actual Olympics thread.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 am

(OOC: Yes.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 am

(OOC: God, I had an epic post all ready and I accidentally pressed the wrong key and it all deleted. Curse you, keyboard.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: