Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Empty
PostSubject: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:41 pm

(OOC: Since activity seems to be dying down I felt we should have a light RP to start boosting it up. It's especially appropriate now that it's actually summer. This is after the second Enclave-Legion War. Also, assume that this opening post is in spring right before summer begins.)

Interest in restarting the old Summer Olympic Games has sparked in the United Municipalities after several decades of continued peace and expansion as well as the reestablishment of contacts with other survivor nations. Among the supporters of restarting the Olympics are several Representatives and the Director of Foreign Affairs Elizabeth Côté. The Generalissimo has expressed some interest himself and has given the Director the go ahead to send a message to all known nations to invite them to a conference to decide if they have any interest in starting the first Olympic Games in almost two centuries.

To: All Nations of Earth

Greetings from the United Municipalities of North America! We in the UMNA have recently experienced a surge of interest in restarting the old Summer Olympic Games, and we in the government have also become interested, due to the potential economic and diplomatic benefits of having such an event, even if not hosted in our own nation. We would like to invite all nations of the world to send a delegate to the city of Charleston over the next few days to attend a conference that will decide whether or not we will restart such an event and where it will be hosted, as well as other miscellaneous details.

Cordially,

Elizabeth Côté
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:35 pm

To: Director of Foreign Affairs Elizabeth Côté

Greetings to you. We would have some interest in this. For the sake of civility, I will not send either of the Derscons, but instead, a newly appointed Chief of Foreign Affairs for our nation, Ekaterina.

President John Henry Eden

I'll be there, though if the Enclave/Legion sends someone, I don't know if I'll stay. You gotta undersatnd there's a lot of bad blood there.

Tex
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 pm

I'll send someone you've dealt with before. Linda Lang will go.

Chancellor Raphael Bertinelli
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 am

(OOC: I'm surprised there's not more interest. I guess these will be the only nations going to the convention, or...?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:35 pm

(OOC: Well, Burn's kind of busy so I assume he'll send his guy later. Unless you want people from every "country" in Europe to join in or something.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

(OOC: Not really, I was just hoping for a few more nations since four nations wouldn't make for a very interesting Olympics.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:09 pm

(OOC: I just noticed I forgot A&A...... whoops! Assume they responded that they'd send someone.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 pm

(OOC: Same with Khandaq. Pretend they sent someone, too.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 pm

(OOC: Just waiting on Burn, then.

/e glares)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:22 pm

(OOC: Fine, I'll post instead of acting it :p)

Bismouth ignores the request of the heathen UMNA to compete with it in the realm of sports.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:39 pm

(OOC: Actually, you would be competing with every heathen nation Razz)

Once every nations that had expressed interest sent a delegate to Charleston, they were directed towards a small office building with the entrance labeled Office of the Agency of Foreign Affairs. They were then brought towards a small meeting room where Elizabeth Côté was already present. As each person came in, she greeted them with a warm "Welcome," until each delegate arrived at the meeting room, and she did a quick head count and saw that every nation that had expressed interest sent their delegate. She then nodded over to a guard, who closed the door, and said to the delegates, "Welcome to the United Municipalities of North America and the Municipality of Charleston. I do hope that your journey here was not too troublesome and that you can have an excellent time here in our city and our country. As you all of course know, our meeting's purpose is firstly to decide whether or not we will restart the event and secondly where we will host it should we decide to do so. I can see a reasonable interest has been garnered, as it appears that almost every widely recognized nation on Earth is present here, with the exception of Bismouth. So should I take it that it is in the interest of most nations to restart the Olympics?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Ekaterina and Tex arrive within moments of each other. When they see each other, they seem a little shocked. Oddly enough, they sit next to each other.

The A&A representative, a young man named L'ng (Ling), arrives after the two Americans. He doesn't even seem to take note of either one. He merely bows at the greeting, then finds a seat. He nods slightly at the mention of restarting the Olympics. "It could be good for diplomacy to do so."

Tex shrugs a shoulder. "We're not really that interested in sports, but we do find this whole thing just interesting enough to see what it's all about. Considering that all of our stadiums and arenas were destroyed, there's been nothing there. Sports really aren't that much of a form of entertainment or even a career choice for most of us."

Ekaterina sighs. "It's hard enough to just survive. Too many of us prefer not to engage in sports as a form of recreation. However, like New Vegas, we're curious. What sports would be included?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Elizabeth nods, and says, "Quite a few in our own nation had the same reaction, although we generally do have amateur in many of our large municipalities. The sports that would be included would be something that would have to be decided at this convention, but I can feel that many of them would likely be sports applicable to our reality, for example shooting, archery, swimming, running, and maybe martial arts. We might also have some ball sports, maybe soccer/football for instance. We're not going to add obscure sports like team handball for instance, if that helps."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Tex nods slightly. "Shootin' I can do." He smirks.

Ekaterina just rolls her eyes. "You've been trained to it since you were old enough to hold a gun, Mark."

"True, Kat. Very true." Tex shrugs. "Most of those I'm sure we have people that can compete in."

L'ng raises a brow at the exchange, but doesn't mention it. Instead, he tosses in his own opinion. "Those would be acceptable to be added. However, football may not be such a good choice. I doubt the majority of us play it anymore. We do, but I'm not so sure New Vegas or the Legion does." Odd, he didn't mention the Enclave. Or maybe not so odd, considering the feelings between the two.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Elizabeth shrugs, and says, "It was just an example. I've always heard of soccer as a supposedly universal sport but then again I've lived in the UMNA for most of my life so I can't exactly know perfectly. In recent years it's become a bit more popular then before, it doesn't require too much space or equipment and is usually fairly safe. If not soccer, then, what sport does the people of your nation play?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 am

Linda Lang has shown up at the same and has been listening in.

"We can do football. It's popular enough." She eagerly awaits talks of the Winter Olympics but will probably be disappointed that probably nobody else plays ice hockey.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Elizabeth nods, and says, "I think that it should be for most of us. Are there any other sports that we should consider including? Perhaps gymnastics?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Tex and Kat look at each other with raised brows. They both shrug at each other then look toward Elizabeth. "Uhh, what?" Obviously, not from them.

L'ng nods once. "Gymnastics would be good. We still have a very extensive training program in place and we do national championships every year."

(OOC: Panzer, call it 'football'. America is the only country that ever called it 'soccer'. Just to keep it more real. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

(OOC: Yeah, he really has no excuse. Razz)

Elizabeth shrugs, and says, "Gymnastics, you know, vaults, parallel bars, things like that. I did some gymnastics when I was a child, but now I'm completely out of practice."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Tex shrugs. "We don't have anythin' like that. At least not that I know of. We don't really play sports once we grow up. The kids sometimes play baseball, but adults don't bother with it. We got other stuff to do. Like defendin' our territory and pest control."

Kat nods in agreement. "We have no infrastructure or defense to allow for sports to be played as recreation. I think the best you can hope from us would be running and shooting. We can always take information on other sports back to our people and figure out whether we'd be able to do it though."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

"Gymnastics will do fine. We can pick out our patch of athletes out of the Empire-wide competitions."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Elizabeth nods over at Tex and Kat, and says, "I perfectly understand your concerns, only one or two generations before me we were living the same way. I suppose we will have to decide a few that the majority of us can accept and send you the information, then?"

Then, after a brief moment of thought, she says, "Are there any more sports we should consider adding? I think we have enough as is. If not, then we should move on to deciding which nation will host the event. The UMNA is perfectly willing to do so, of course, it would be a great honor for us."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:33 pm

"Javelin throwing. I suspect athletes picked from Legionaries should be quite good at it. Shot puts, too. And the discus."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:42 pm

"Doesn't that fall under the category of track and field?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:32 pm

"Yes, but you only mentioned running events. I figured I may as well throw in the rest."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)   An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Olympic Resurrection? (MT/PMT)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: