Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gorgon Syndrome

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Heraklea

Heraklea

The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:28 am

“Doctor Paulus, please take a look at this,” said Doctor T'lix.  The Centauri scientist turned to look at the screen the 'Skinny' was working at.  “This is from a chromosome belonging to the man apparently immune to Gorgon.  Examine this DNA strand here.  These bases are not any of the four found in normal genetic material.  These atoms in particular seem to be of some kind of exotic matter.  I think these exotic bases are what immunize this man to the effects of Gorgon.  The fungus may not be able to use this genetic material, preventing it from affecting the nervous and endocrine systems.  I've started running models on the effects of these mutated genes might have, but it may be a way to immunize humanity against Gorgon.  Do you think a retrovirus like the one you're working on to target Gorgon may be used to modify human DNA?”
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:19 am

(OOC: I'm getting to a post. Should see one in a few days. Just a little busy right now)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:16 am

*As the Heraklean troops backed up to the Citadel doors they started to open and it was eerily silent inside for a few seconds before someone could be heard inside.*

"Devastator mode engaged!"

*After those words were spoken a literal stream of bullets came out of the Citadel chewing through the waves of infected clearing them out quickly. Once most of them were dead Black Hole Legionnaires stormed out of the Citadel cleaning up the remaining infected and securing the area. Afterwords one of the Legionnaires spoke up.*

Legionnaire: Contact sir. Herakleans and one female civvie.

*The Order Imperator in charge turned to the Herakleans and spoke*

Order Imperator: Heraklean. I'm Order Lieutenant Malik, Order Imperator, Black Hole Legionnaires. No time to talk. The Citadel is breached but the inner sanctum is still holding. Get down there, get your shit from the Hochmeister, and get the hell out of here. Livenstein is lost, all call signs are calling in the broken arrow code and the fleet is breaking orbit. You have barely minutes left before the infected overrun this whole planet. Move.

*The Order Imperator turned toward the civilian.*

Order Imperator: Ma'am? Identification?

Civilian: I'm just Cassandra! I got separated from my family and came here looking for protection and to get out of here.

Order Imperator: Ma'am I'm sorry but all evac shuttles are gone or been shot of the air. We cannot risk a breach of quarantine.

Civilian: But I-... my family!

Order Imperator: I'm sorry Ma'am...

*The Order Imperator takes out his pistol and quickly shoots the woman in the head.*

Order Imperator: Forgive me... I hate this damn war...

----------------------------

*Orbit over Livenstein*

Paladin Komtur Heinrich: This is Paladin Komtur Heinrich to Burninite fleet. We are breaking orbit in an attempt to save whats left of our fleet. We need some cover to reach the edge of the gravity well to make a jump. Can you assist?

-----------------------------

Black Order Flagship: Heathen known as Commander Kirrin. You will not be allowed to leave. Stand to and face your death or die like the coward your people are. We do you a service by killing you now. The Black Order has used this glorious disease you call Gorgon Syndrome to ravage the worlds of the false Ordenreich and we will do the same with your own. Die now or die at the hands of our new weaponized virus.

(OOC: By weaponized virus I'm not implying the Black Order actually scientifically weaponized Gorgon Syndrome they just spread it through controlled releases like purposefully infecting their own ships and crashing them onto unaffected worlds and such like that. They are the reason Gorgon cut through the Ordenreich so effectively)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Jenova responds herself. "We shall do all we can, Komtur. May Isha's breath carry you safely."

The Burninite fleet pulses energy, beckoning, and spreads out, virtually calling the diseases ships to attack them.

"Our shields will not hold out long. Go."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 4:02 am

(Just responding to Burn for now)

*As the Burninite fleet moved in the infected ships started targeting them. Apparently the Ordenreich fleet was so damaged the infected didn't consider them a threat. The Ultra-Dreadnought Invictus began limping away and it's hull looked like swiss cheese. There were even some holes where you could see clear through to the other side. The rest of the fleet was not much better. Many ships couldn't even leave under their own power so they were latching onto ships that still had decent engines to get away. The Ordenreich fleet over Livenstein looked like a pathetic collaboration of junk and salvage vessels that got attacked by pirates, not what was once the pride of the Ordenreich Fleet.*

Heinreich: This is Paladin Komtur Heinrich to all friendly forces. Livenstein Home Fleet is breaking orbit and leaving the system. Anyone who can leave do so now. Any forces trapped on the surface... we will remember and honor your sacrifice.

*After finishing his speech the Paladin Komtur went back to his tactical readout trying to see what assets he had left when he spotted a detachment of infected ships heading for the refugee ships attempting to flee the system with the home fleet.*

Heinrich: Paladin Komtur Heinrich to any friendly space vessels. Infected are attacking civilian shuttles, move to assist.

*The Paladin Komtur's order was heard but the fleet could do little to obey. Most of the remaining military ships were too damaged to fire their weapons and those that could ran out of ammo long ago. In order to protect the civilians the Ordenreich military ships sacrificed themselves by ramming into infected ships taking themselves and the infected ship with them and others used their hull to take the shots intended for the civilian vessels*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Jenova does her best to keep the shields running until all the Ordenreich vessels successfully jump away, but the ships in the Burninite fleet quickly enter The Warp as they are increasingly targetted and shields are taken down. They won't fire a shot, and they won't sacrifice themselves, it appears.

In any case, they likely manage to buy 7-10 minutes of time before the Craftworld and the remaining Burninite ships are forced to flee, shields depleted.

Jenova can only hope that her actions today don't count as grounds for her removal from office -- she reminds her detractors that their actions only saved, and that not a shot was fired. She barely overcomes the vote in favor of trying to get Thorgood into the science meetings going on about this disease. But in the end, she wins, and no request is placed. The Burninites are gone, back into the void of The Warp from which they had momentarily intervened.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 11:13 pm

“Understood, Order Lieutenant.  We had no intention of dallying anyways.”  The ground unit's commander turned to her marines.  “You heard the man.  Marines, double time!”  The Herakleans moved further into the Citadel.  They made quick progress to the inner sanctum, putting down any infected that crossed their path.  The retrieval went like clockwork, and the cutters retrieved the marines with little problem.

“Head towards the embassies,” the commander told the cutter pilot.  “The Richies are writing off this planet.  That being the case, I don't think they'll mind some collateral damage, and I have an idea on how to buy our embassy a little extra time for Kirburg to get a fleet to evacuate the uninfected.”

“Listen up.  When the retrieval boat lands, you'll be cycled out of the airlock.  You head straight for the boat.  Do not remove your masks until you are instructed to do so.  If you do, you will be left.”  The marine barked the instructions out so loudly he was heard even over the crying of children.  Parents shushed their young ones and admonished them not to touch their masks, even if they were uncomfortable.

The marine lifted his hand to press his comm harder against his ear.

“Touchdown!  First group, let's go!”  The evacuees entered the airlock several at a time and began cycling out of the building onto the roof.  As they exited they rushed to the craft and boarded the life boat.  Once filled, the first cutter took off and another took its place.

“Aren't those the cutters that went to the Citadel?” asked one of the pilot of his co-pilot.

“I think so.  I wonder what they are do-”  The statement broke off as the cutters fired into the base of a tower just beyond the diplomatic quarter.  The tower buckled then toppled, sealing off a route to the embassies.  The wing made a circuit around the diplomatic quarter, causing similar damage.  With their barrier made, the cutters swept through the diplomatic quarter, gunning down any infected they could find before heading back into orbit to meet up with the destroyers.

“How long till we hit the hyper limit?” asked Tamar.

“Approximately thirty minutes, ma'am.”

“Will they be able to overtake us in that time?”

“No ma'am.  They're too far out, even with their initial velocity advantage.  We'll be able to avoid their fire fairly easily up until the last three minutes before we cross the hyper limit. At that point we'll be trapped within their effective envelope until we make hyper translation.”

“Three minutes can be a long time.  Are the tubes ready?”

“Standing by ma'am.  Ready to fire on your command.”

“Target the lead unit.  I want plenty of dazzlers in the salvo.  Fire when they enter our envelope.”

*A quick note on the term 'envelope' as used above.  A weapon's 'envelope' refers to a volume within which it can be used.  The maximum envelope refers to the maximum range at which a weapon can reasonably be expected to cause damage if it connects, while the effective envelope is the range in which a weapon can be reasonably expected to hit its target and cause damage.  The basis for maximum and effective envelopes differs depending on weapon type.  The maximum envelope of beam weapons, such as lasers, grasers and tachyon beams, is based on the range until the beam loses sufficient spatial cohesion.  Because of the speed of such beam weapons, the effective envelope is often taken to be the same as the maximum envelope since evading a beam weapon is extremely difficult within the weapon's range.  The maximum envelope of missiles is typically taken to be the maximum range a missile can attain at maximum acceleration before it's engines burn out or deplete it's fuel.  The effective envelope takes into account the need for missiles to maneuver to avoid counter missiles and point defense systems.

**Corrected for kinetic weapons.

Last edited by Heraklea on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

*The unfortunate consequence of the Heraklean's retrieval of the data necessary to stop the infection was that it compromised the inner sanctum. Shortly after the marines left the infected overwhelmed the inner sanctum and killed everyone inside including the Hochmeister. With her death a kill switch was set off...*

All Radios: All friendly forces, this is an automated transmission. All Ordenreich hierarchy members are confirmed KIA. Automated contingency plans are now active. Orders will be sent to allied forces based on necessity...
WARNING! High Citadel compromised by unknown contaminant. Purge protocols now in effect. Tactical nuke armed. T-minus 1 minute till detonation

(OOC: Its a tac nuke. Not nearly as strong as a FOAB but it will wipe out the high citadel along with a good portion of New Konigsburg and it will irradiate and EMP fry the rest of the city and the embassy quarter

OOC 2: I'll pick up again when Heraklea meets the secret Ordenreich assets I mentioned earlier. Take your time getting to that Heraklea)

---------------------------

*Seeing as the Heraklean ship was deliberating staying as far away as possible from the Black Order. The Black Order ships began moving in to engage. It was clear after awhile that the Black Order would destroy the ship if it could but the fleet was more interested in scaring it off. They began firing their kinetic weapons at extreme range hoping to get a lucky shot*
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:05 am

*Explanation for above post*

(OOC: Envelopes like you mention work for laser based weapons and missiles but my ships focus on kinetic weapons. While the Black Order reverse engineers weapons used by the Centauri it still relies primarily on Ordenreich based tech which is kinetic. kinetic weapons don't really have a range because space is a void and nothing will stop a kinetic weapon or slow it down till it hits something. While this means that my ships have infinite range it also means that bullet can't be guided so they are pretty easy to dodge at large ranges so your ship should be able to dodge the extreme range shots)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:29 pm

OOC-1: Fixed my previous submission.
OOC-2: Mood music

“Fucking hell,” said the chief directing the evacuation as the radio message was heard.  “How many shuttles left?” he shouted at his subordinate.

“This one and one more!” replied the petty officer replied.

“Fine, get below into the main structure!  I'll handle the last group on my own!”

“You won't have time if you stay up here!”

“Don't you question my orders!  Get out of here, now!”

“Aye aye, chief!”  The petty officer turn and began running for the doors to get down into blast structure of the fortress-like embassy.  The chief waited for the red light indicating the blast door had sealed, then turned back to the landing pad in time to see one cutter take off and the last to land.

“Alright, double time, move it!”  Reaching up, he pulled a lever which blew out the air lock doors and opened the room to the contaminated atmosphere.  It took less than thirty seconds to get everyone in the cutter with the doors shut.  They could find their seats while the cutter got out of the blast radius.

The lone figure on the embassy roof turned to face the Citadel.

“As good a way to die as any.”  He dimmed the video of his hud to watch the coming glow, and seconds later a permanent shadow was the last evidence he had even existed.

“This is your pilot speaking.  I know not everyone has found their seat yet but I strongly advise you do because we have some nasty turbulence coming this way.”  The pilot turned his cutter away from the Citadel and hit the hard burners as his boat screamed away and up.  “Come on, come on, just a little further...”  From behind the cutter an expanding ball of heat emerged from the base of the Citadel.  “Brace for shock!”  The shock-wave slammed into the aft end of the cutter and immediately jolted it.  “Come one baby, stay to together for me, just a little longer, come on...”  Children screamed as the cutter shook violently.  All around the boat numerous electronic cabinets blew out.  In the cockpit an alarm sounded as the two of the cutter's engines sustained heavy damage and drastically dropped their output.  But through it all, somehow, the cutter survived.  Limping out of the atmosphere, with no communication suite available, the cutter made its way to its home ship.  The pilot leaned back in his seat.  “Whew.  That was a close one.”  He began looking around the cockpit.  “Now where was that photocommunication gear?”

Commodore Fredricks watched the sudden glow flare up and dim from the heart of New Konigsberg.

“Any word from the embassy?”

“We can't raise them, sir.  Last communication indicated they intended to lock down the embassy within their blast hardened perimeter.”

“Their communications suites would be on the outside of that barrier, sir, so they probably weren't protected from the blast wave or the EMP.  We won't know what their status is until a survey team can be sent, but for now the ground is too hot for such an exploratory team.”

“Very well.  Forward that protocol we received from from Hochmeister von Danzig to Kirburg and lay in a course for Silesia Nova.”

Jackal's maneuvered to avoid the incoming fire.  At this range it was ridiculously easy, but every second would make the task.  Tamar stared at the plot and considered the potential irony of the fact that her ship, which had such significant advantages in maximum effective accelerations and speed, could not outmaneuver the Black Order ships.  In point of fact, at this point Jackal was traveling significantly faster than the ships she was trying to escape.  Unfortunately, most of that speed was moving across her enemies, and not away from.  Because she needed to get out of the system as fast as possible, her opponent could very easily predict exactly where she needed to go and thus were able to lead her ship, which meant every moment her ship came closer to her enemy.  At least we aren't toothless, she thought to herself.

“Ma'am, does this mix look good to you?” asked the weapons officer after forwarding the planned salvo to her desk.

“Yes, it does.  Fire a full broadside at the lead unit once she enters our effective envelope.”

“Aye aye.”  Two minutes later, as the first of the Black Order ships entered Jackal's effective missile envelope, every tube on one side of the destroyer belched out a missile that turned to the offending vessel.  Each of those eight missiles traveled almost a third of the way to the enemy craft before splitting into ten sub-missiles each, for a total of 80.  Immediately the dazzlers began imitating the signatures of ten more missiles streaming and weaving towards the enemy.  The jammers began pumping out their electromagnetic interference, making it harder for the enemy ship to gain firm locks on the incoming missiles, let alone differentiate the real from the fakes.  The rest of the missiles contained tachyon pumping warheads and a handful of 'conventional' ship-killer nukes.  Tamar stared at the plot, watching the path of her guided weapons as they approached the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2014 9:56 pm

(OOC: Just as a note. I never intended nor will I make the Black Order a serious player in things but I do want them to become this scary unknown threat at some point so the next post about them may seem like godmodding but note they aren't my true nation nor do I intend them to be.)

*As the smoke cleared at New Kongisburg the city had become a smoking ruin. What little resistance was left was quietly overwhelmed by the infected who rushed into the city in the wake of the detonation. All over Livenstein the last of communications from Ordenreich soldiers was snuffed out until the last outpost sent out a final transmission across the network*

All knights, Code Tannenburg, I repeat Code Tannenburg.

-----------------------------------

*The Heraklean arsenal rapidly approached the Black Order fleet but strangely they did not attempt to evade or counterattack the incoming arsenal. They kept going forward and were soon engulfed in the nuclear firestorm. A few seconds after the detonation the nuclear fire rapidly disappeared and a horrific site was revealed. All the Black Order ships were intact and were glowing with what looked frighteningly like Hildenburen shielding*

------------------------------------

*At the meeting point the late Hochmeister set up for the Herakleans they exited space with nothing to be seen in any direction. After a few minutes the C-34 spoke up.*

C-34: This secret fleet might have deserted to escape the infection...

*Just as C-34 said that an absolutely massive ship began slipping out of slipspace dangerously close the Heraklean ship. The ship was easily bigger than an ultra-dreadnought and it was followed by an equally massive fleet of traditional Ordenreich military ships. The massive ship hailed the Herakleans*

This is the T.S.F. Ritter Fallen, Capital Dreadnought of the Ordenreich fleet. Heraklean ship identify yourself
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 am

“No damage!  Enemy units are unaffected!”

“How?” Tamar demanded.

“Unsure.  There was some sort of shield.  I'm analyzing right now.”  'Chugi' stepped over to the projection and looked over the data.

“Captain, I believe that was a Hildenburen shield,” the intelligence officer said.

“Hildenburen?  How do they have Hildenburen shields?”

“At the time of the Hildenburen War, the Black Order was a part of the Ordenreich intelligence community.  It's not inconceivable that they recovered some of their technology.”

“How is the shield penetrated?”

“Due respect ma'am, I don't think that's possible.  Our missiles would have to be traveling at almost a crawl relative to their ships.  Just getting them into attack range will mean they have too much relative speed.”

“Not necessarily,” Tamar replied and began feverishly working on a new attack profile at her desk.  She forwarded it to weapons officer.  “Can you make it work?”  The officer quickly scanned the attack profile, then with a laugh more like a bark he began issuing orders to his weapons handling teams.

“Can I make it work?  On my Captains orders I could walk through a vacuum without a pressure suit!”  Not thirty seconds later he announced “Fire pattern programmed in.  All tubes prepped for fire.”

“Very well.  Execute!”  With that the weapons officer and ship's pilot began carrying out the attack.  The two forward and two chase tubes launched their missiles which began curving around to join with the eight that swam from the broadside.  The ship spun on its axis, bringing its other broadside to bear on the enemy.  Eight more missiles launched and as a group the twenty fractal missiles began their path towards the enemy formation.  Already the weapons handling parties began their efforts to ready another attack.  Twenty missiles became two hundred at the split.  Again dazzlers and jammers began their efforts to confuse enemy missile tracking.  Again the missiles which actually tear and rend a ship's hull bore down upon the enemy.  And behind them the missile tubes were again releasing their payloads to kill the pursuers.

But even as they did, twenty ship-killers broke off from the swirling mass of missiles intended to draw the enemies' eye.  Minimizing their signatures and swinging wide around the enemy formation before turning again, the true thrust of the attack began their run.  The missile's sensors continuously updated their desired profile, attaining an almost zero difference in real speed, while the time-space dilation field that helped the missiles travel at high speeds gave the missiles an effective speed of twice the Black Order ships.  The missiles angled in at the five ships now in their envelope and moved with deadly purpose.  Soon they came upon the edge of the shielded volume.  Within the confines of the dilated space time, the missiles were moving at almost a meter a second relative to the shield.  If they penetrated, they would turn into the ships and dive straight into their targets as their final attack run.

Ritter Fallen, this is Commodore Nathaniel Fredericks, Commanding Officer, 32nd Heraklean Destroyer Squadron aboard my flag, the HNS Vulpus.  We are here with authorization from the late Hochmeister Maya von Danzig.  This squadron is here to retrieve research data pertinent to combating the Gorgon Syndrome, in particular data on the genetic alterations certain Ordenreichers underwent as a result of element zero exposure while in the womb.”

[OOC: You seem to keep forgetting that it is more than just one ship, it's an entire destroyer squadron.]
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:04 am

(OOC: Sorry didn't catch that)

Order Admiral: T.S.F. Ritter Fallen to Heraklean fleet. We've been expecting you. Coordinates are punched in to Silesia Nova, stay within our envelope, our orders are to make sure any resistance is squelched in space to allow you passage to Silesia Nova.

-------------------------------

(OOC: Fastforwarding to space over Silesia Nova)

Order Admiral: T.S.F. Ritter Fallen to all friendly forces. No signs of active Ordenreich garrison over Silesia Nova. Detecting ship debris in Silesia Nova orbit. Infection presence on Silesia Nova possible...

...stand by...

*As the Order Admiral said these words a number of slipspace jumps flared up next to Silesia Nova. Afterwards an Ordenreich fleet with two ultra-dreadnoughts appeared arrayed in combat formation blocking access to Silesia Nova*

Order Admiral: Ordenreich fleet setting up defensive positions over Silesia Nova attempting... wait, signatures do not match Ordenreich signatures...

*The Ultra-dreadnoughts fired two FOABs at the capital dreadnought but the FOABs exited slipspace well away from their target indicating the first generation slipspace launcher was in use on the Ultra-Dreadnoughts which was strange as the Ordenreich had long ago phased out the first gen due to its inaccuracy*

Order Admiral: Contact! Black Order signatures confirmed! Black Order forces have Ultra-Dreadnoughts, repeat Black Order forces have Ultra-Dreadnoughts! Heraklean fleet, begin making your way to Silesia Nova, we will take care of the Black Order. The capital dreadnought is designed as an ultra-dreadnought killer. We built those monstrosities, we also know how to take them apart!

*With that said the Capital Dreadnought launched a full frontal barrage against the enemy fleet. Because of the proximity of the forces the FOABs were not launched due to possible friendly fire. Still, the Capital Dreadnought launched a massive wave of kinetic MAC rounds and shot its newest weapon, the Thanix cannon (its technology reversed engineered from Centauri beam weapons), which shot out a solid blue beam that cut enemy ships apart like butter. The first barrage tore apart a 1/4 of the Black Order fleet and did a number on the shields of one Ultra-dreadnought*

--------------------------------

*Strangely enough, the Heraklean assault on the Black Order met no resistance as the Hildenburen shields apparently disappeared. Half the Black Order fleet was cut apart by the Heraklean weapons as only hull resistance met the weapons due to the Hildenburen and regular shields being offline. The attack didn't deter the Black Order as it seemed the regular shields at least were coming back online on the remaining ships. The Black Order ships that remained had now got within optimum range of the Heraklean ship and begin opening fire with their kinetic weapons*
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:57 pm

[OOC: Mood music.]

“Execute rolling rapid fire.”  With that order, HNS Jackal's weapon systems were on free fire.  The ship continued to rotate on its axis, but no longer were missiles being launched in broadsides.  Now, as a tube came ready it fired when it was aimed in the general direction of the enemy.  The attack profiles were no longer preset.  Instead the missiles found their own targets and weave their way towards them.  The tachyon cannons began rapidly firing into the enemy now that they were in range.

But the Black Order was no longer firing from distances without hope of striking.  Jackal's point-defenses and shielding was being pushed to the limit preventing the solid masses from connecting.  Still, with so many weapons trained on one ship, it was question of when, not-

“Impact!  Starboard side!  Gunnery Five!”  The collision alarm began blaring as the officer manning DCC* began calling out updates on the strike.  “Dispatching medical response.  Five personnel injured, three dead, three indeterminate.  Tube Seven, Cannons Fifteen and Seventeen and three point-defense clusters destroyed.  Tube Nine, Cannons Thirteen and Nineteen disabled.  Several class charlie fires are burning.  Pressure is holding.”

“Multiple class charlie fires in Gunnery Five.  Eight injured personnel in Gunnery Five.  DC Forward, dispatch corpsman and fire-team to Gunnery Five.”

“Man-in-Charge!  Power is secured to burning equipment!”

“Power secured aye!  Attack the fire with CO2!”

“These two are already dead!  How about Kinley?”

“Alive, unresponsive... Steady pulse, his suit is just down.  Evac him to med-bay.”

“Fires are out!  Let's see if we can get any of these weapons back!”

“Captain, DC teams have restored Cannon Nineteen.  Tube Nine, Cannon Thirteen need more extensive repairs.”

“Understood.  Keep firing.”  The ship jolted again.

“Impact!  Starboard Side!  Boat Bay Three!  Loss of pressure!  Space unmanned.  Sealing compartment.”

“How many more times are they going to hit my damn ship before we get out of this system?”  Another hit shook Jackal.

“Impact!  Port Side!  Gunnery Eight!  Four injured, five dead, two indeterminate.  Tube Fourteen, Cannons Twenty-Four, Twenty-Six and Twenty-Eight and four point-defense clusters destroyed.  Tube Twelve, Cannon Twenty-Two disabled.”  An indicator began blinking red.  “Slow pressure leak in Gunnery Eight!  Dispatching DC teams!”

“Thirty seconds to hyper limit!” called the pilot.

“Make translation the moment we're across.”

“Aye aye, ma'am.”  A counter displaying the remaining distance to hyper limit pulled up on Tamar's desk as the number quickly dwindled.  “Twenty seconds!  Fifteen seconds!  Ten seconds.”  The deck bucked viciously as almost simultaneously two strikes hit Jackal.

“Impact!  Port Side, Engine Room Two, Radio One and Center Line, Radio Two!  Number Two Engine at two-five percent output!”

“Doesn't matter!  Hyper limit in three!  Two!  One!  Translating!”  Everyone on board Jackal was subjected to jarring and unease brought on by a snap translation at the edge of the hyper limit.  The various alarms were acknowledged and silenced as the crew began combating the various casualties with the drilled professionalism of a well trained crew.

“Navigator lay in a course for Fyn,” Tamar ordered.  “The 4th Expeditionary should still be there.  All department heads will ascertain the status of all their personnel and equipment and be ready to brief me in the wardroom in one half hour.  Miss Hastings, you have the deck.”

“I have the deck, aye.”

“Eng.”

“Fourteen dead, three bed-ridden, five walking-wounded.  Number Two Main Engine has sustained heavy damage and is limited to two-zero percent, red line two-three.  Both reactors are operating normally, all dampeners operating normally, distribution systems are using back-up paths as detailed in a memo I've sent out.  All damaged compartments have been isolated.

“Weps.”

“Twenty-two dead, seventeen bed-ridden, twelve walking wounded.  Assessments are still in progress on disabled weapons systems, but it looks like we'll be able to bring them back on line within the day.”

“Commo.”

“Eight dead, four bed-ridden, one walking-wounded.  Communications Suite Two is gone, Communications Suite One can provide local area communications, but we can't transmit inter-system.”

“Did the flash get out before we entered their envelope?”

“Yes ma'am.”

“Then I guess folks will just have to wait until we get to Fyn to find out what happened to us.  Continuing with Medical Department.  Doc?”

*One hour earlier*

“Sorry to disturb you sir, but there's been a new series of flashes.”

“Oh great,” responded Commodore Johnathon Sterling.  “Has Gorgon spread again?”

“No sir.  This was a war warning.”  The ambassador snapped upright in his seat.  He turned to his desk and immediately brought up the screen to see the priority message.  “Jackal came under Black Order attack in Augusta Terevorum.”

“The Jacakl?!  Tamar Kirrin's ship?  The Black Order just attacked the Chief of State's daughter?”

“Yes sir.  And guidance from Kirburg has established new rules of engagement for the Black Order.  Protocol Seven.”**  Johnathon let out a long low whistle.

“You know, it's starting to feel like all I do is give bad news these days.”

“It seem to you we're doing a lot of running recently?”

“Can it,” said Commodore Fredericks.  “Lay in a course for the planet, and keep us out of their envelope.”

* 'DC' stands for 'Damage Control.'  'DCC' stands for Damage Control Central.'
** Rules of Engagement Protocol Seven authorizes commanding officers to attack enemy ships and take no prisoners, even if there are survivors.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 5:30 pm

(OOC: Mood Music)

Officer: Sir! Ultra-Dreadnoughts firing!

*A barrage from the Ultra-Dreadnoughts from the Black Order raked the Ordenreich line. A standard Dreadnought was ripped apart along with its escort frigates*

Officer: Dreadnought, Forgotten, destroyed, all hands lost! Escort frigates destroyed too. Sir! Task force at 66% Combat effectiveness!

Order Admiral: Return fire. Standard ships target engage their standards! Ritter Fallen is to initiate full barrage on closest ultra-dreadnought!

Officer: Yes Sir! Firing!

*The Ordenreich fleet returned fire. The Black Order's standard ships were heavily damaged by the MAC cannons of the Ordenreich standard ships. The first Black Order Ultra-Dreadnought, however, did not fair well. The Capital Dreadnoughts cannons turned the ship into swiss cheese.*

Officer: Hits registered! First Ultra-Dreadnought breaking up! Black Order ships at 30% combat efficiency. Second Ultra-Dreadnought firing! Target is us!

*As soon as the officer said that, the capital dreadnought shook violently from cannon impacts. The sheer fire power of the second ultra-dreadnought had overwhelmed the capital's shields and did a number on its armor.*

Officer: Impacts all over the ship. Shields down, armor holding at 76% structural integrity. Decks 67-70 completely destroyed and venting to space, blast doors sealed, all crew on those decks lost. We lost escort destroyer hanger 1 and 2. They will have to be tugged back to a forge world.

Order Admiral: Move in danger close! Move all power to recharging the front shields and ram that bastard!

Officer: But sir-

Order Admiral: Do it!

*The Capital Dreadnought moved at flank speed directly at the Black Order Ultra-Dreadnought. The crew of the Ultra-Dreadnought must have been stunned at the unorthodox move as the Ultra-Dreadnought made no attempt at getting out of the way. The shields on the Capital's front recharged just enough to take the glancing blow of hitting the Ultra-Dreadnought but the tactic worked. The crew of the Ultra-Dreadnought were stunned by the massive impact leaving the Ultra-Dreadnought helpless and practically side by side with the Capital.*

Order Admiral: Engage the Thanix Cannon!

*The Thanix cannon fired a full broadside into the Ultra-Dreadnought. The power of the Thanix Cannon was multiplied two-fold by the move the Order Admiral made. First was the projected energy weapon was fired at point blank range guaranteeing 100% accuracy and the close proximity meant the full power of the weapon was directed at the Ultra-Dreadnought. Secondly, the Black Order hadn't made the same tech advances as the Ordenreich. Due to the fact that many of the Ordenreich's neighbors and enemies used energy weapons the Ordenreich had converted from Kinetic barriers to full energy shielding long ago while the Black Order didn't. Therefore, the barriers did nothing to stop the Thanix Cannon. The Capital Dreadnought's Thanix Weapon completely carved up the Ultra-Dreadnought culminating in the piercing of its Element Zero core. Since Element Zero wasn't flammable it didn't explode but the core now leaked raw, lethal Element Zero all over the ship and essentially shut down the ship as the core could no longer power it. The Ultra-Dreadnought became a radioactive tomb for its crew.

Officer: Sir, remaining Black Order ships scattering! We have them on the run!

Order Admiral: *sigh* Cease pursuit. Establish orbital positions over Silesia Nova. Send salvage crews to see if we can recycle that dead Black Order Ultra-Dreadnought, we could use it. Also begin taking stock of the damages and casualties.

Officer: Aye sir. Beginning salvage and recovery ops. Establishing... wait sir... we have incoming contacts!

Order Admiral: What?! How large?!

Officer: Huge sir! Their exiting slipspace now!

*When the officer said that a huge fleet of Black Order ships exited slipspace. The fleet was easily the size of one of the Ordenreich pre Ultra-Dreadnought fleets which were huge as the Ordenreich replaced firepower with fleet size at the time. The Black Order fleet, while not lead by Ultra-Dreadnoughts, outnumbered the Ordenreich fleet 10 to 1.*

Officer: Sir... we have barely 3/4 of our forces and the Ritter Fallen has taken some nasty hits. I'm not getting any Ordenreich QEC chatter so we can expect no reinforcements. We need to leave sir.

Order Admiral: Negative. The data the Herakleans are mining on Silesia Nova is too damn important. The fate of our people lies on the recovery of that data. We will stand our ground and buy the Herakleans time. Inform them of what is happening then maneuver our fleet into a defensive posture over Silesia Nova.

Officer: Yes sir... Sir. Question?

Order Admiral: Yes Officer?

Officer: Sir. I joined the military to make a difference. I don't want to die out here, a nameless casualty. I want someone to remember me for my deeds...

Order Admiral: Time will remember us and our deeds Officer. Never forget that. Now, prepare the fleet.

Officer: Aye sir!
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 3:36 am

(OOC: Just as a warning, I leave for basic exactly one month from now so this RP is going to grind to a halt if not finished before then)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 5:01 am

(OOC: I got less than 3 weeks left. If there are no posts before the end of this week I'm going to move on and post a summary of what happens to my nation from this point on)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 12:04 am

(OOC: I'd post, but I'm more of a sideline player at this point -- the thread is moved by you and Hera, not me!)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:09 pm

OOC: Sorry, work be crazy. Will try to update tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 pm

OOC: Its fine. I just wanted to give a heads up because after september 16th rolls around I'll be unavailable till as mid November, maybe later
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 7:06 pm

“Hyper translation at the system boundary.  Awaiting distortion decay...  Distortion clear, searching for IFF... no transmission.”

“Hail them and get a far range scan,” ordered Admiral Konstantinos.

“Sending a hail.”

“Scanning... Mass and structure indicates a Dire Wolf class destroyer with severe battle damage.”  A hologram popped up in front of Nikolaos depicting the ship with the battle damage highlighted in red.  “She's taken damage to both communication suites.  She may not have FTL comm capabilities, in which case we won't receive any communications from them for about fifteen minutes if they have light-speed communication, or we may have to wait until that get close enough to use the comm suite of one of their small craft, assuming they have any.”

“Very well.  Lay in an intercept.”

“Missile separation!  Going wide, possible messenger.”

“Keep it tracked.”  A few minutes passed and the messenger passed close enough for its light-speed transmitter to be received.

“Holy hell.  It's the Jackal!”

“Put it on the amplifier, now.”

“Fourth Expeditionary, this is Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin, Commanding Officer, HNS Jackal.  We were attacked in system by the Black Order and sustained heavy damage.  Medical and repair assistance is requested.”

“Prep a reply messenger.  Commander Kirrin, this is Fleet Admiral Konstantinos.  You've no idea how happy we are to hear from you.  The assistance you require is being prepped.  Fall into formation with my flag ship and it will be sent across.  It would be my great honor if yourself and some of the senior members of your crew were to join my staff and me for dinner and a debriefing.  End recording.  Send.”  The messenger missile streamed out and delivered it's message.

Jackal, arriving.”  The shrill of the bosun's pipes were never particularly pleasant to listen to, but it remained one of those traditions that remained.  Tamar hand snapped up in salute as the whistling came to an end.

“Permission to come aboard?”

“Permission granted.”  Tamar descended the stairs from the shuttle onto the deck of the boat bay.  “Welcome aboard, Commander.  I am Captain Ghazna, Commanding Officer of the Andarta and Flag Captain of the Fourth Expeditionary Fleet.  Please allow me to present Fleet Admiral Konstantinos, Commanding Officer of the Fourth Expeditionary.”

“Fleet Admiral.  It's good to see you again.”

“Indeed.  How long has it been?  A year I think?”

“Yes sir.  At your lecture on Supply and Strategy.”

“Yes, yes indeed.  Come.  We'll retire to my stateroom so you can debrief us.”

Commodore Fredericks turned to the marine as the destroyer made its approach to the position it would hold for the data retrieval.

“Lieutenant, your job is to retrieve this data.  That is your most important priority.  Don't let anything else compromise that.”

“Understood sir.  I'll return with the package.”

“Good.  That said, this is a major research station.  Any other information that works its way into your possession will be of great use.  If you can walk away with anything more than your main priority, do so.”

“Yes sir.  Any other secondaries?”

“Recommend to whoevers in charge down there, if they haven't already, that they begin their emergency destruction protocols.  It won't be long before the Black Order owns this system and we should keep their paws off as much of the research as possible.”

“Yes sir.  By your leave?”

“Dismissed.”  A few minutes later the destroyer achieved its desired position and the marine cutter flew off toward the station.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:11 pm

“What do you think we're looking at, Roger?”  High Admiral Roger Dvorak continued to stare at the mass of intelligence reports.

“Simply put, I'm not sure sir.”  He replied.  Grand Admiral Adelei Kirrin's mind was not eased by that statement.  “It's obviously some kind of power play on the part of the Black Order, but to what end I can't say.  They've claimed credit for weaponizing Gorgon and using it on several locations within the Ordenreich.  If they hadn't targeted Livenstein, I'd say they were making a play for control of the Ordenreich, but their actions suggest a more scorched-earth/genocidal intention.  At the same time, they've made an assertion to sovereignty in Augusta Terevorum, possibly others, we haven't heard back yet.  After the Gorgon outbreak, though, Augusta Terevorum is a dead world.  There's nothing there for them to exercise sovereignty over.  My analysts are still pouring over the intel to get me better conclusions, but for the time being we're flying a little blind on what the Black Order's game is.”

“You have several Black Order operatives under surveillance around Heraklea, correct?”

“And more in the Ordenreich, assuming they or our people haven't been killed.”  GADM Kirrim looked thoughtful for a few moments.

“I want every Black Order operative you can lay hands on fitted with a head bag.  Megan, call the War College, tell them to prep an ops plan for the 4th Expeditionary to take out the Black Order in Augusta Terevorum, and send the 1st and 7th to Trident and Nova Haven just in case the Black Order is there too.  Once those systems are swept, have them proceed to Livenstein to try and salvage the situation.  There's bound to be some people left down there.  Hell, it might still be contained to the one continent so far.”

“Sir, I have to point out that technically constitutes a major violation of Ordenreich sovereignty.”

“I can't allow the Black Order foot holds anywhere.  I'm sure we'll be forgiven our transgressions.  You have your orders.”

“Yes sir.”

TOP SECRET
OPERATION LANCE

COMMANDER: FLEET ADMIRAL SANDU, STEWART;  FLEET ADMIRAL KONSTANTINOS, NIKOLAOS; FLEET ADMIRAL HAYWARD, FINLEY
OBJECTIVE: DESTRUCTION OF BLACK ORDER ASSETS, DESTRUCTION OF SHIPS AND PERSONS INFECTED WITH GORGON FUNGUS
ORDER OF BATTLE: 1ST EXPEDITIONARY FLEET 4TH EXPADITIONARY FLEET, 7TH EXPADITIONARY FLEET, 2ND MARINE DIVISION
AREA OF OPERATIONS: NORTHERN ORDENREICH
SUBMITTED: FLEET ADMIRAL MAC NAOIMHIN, SEHRAZAT

APPROVED: GRAND ADMIRAL KIRRIX, ADELEI
RECOMMENDED: HIGH ADMIRAL HEIDENDALE, HENRY
RECOMMENDED: HIGH ADMIRAL BURKE, ATHEA
RECOMMENDED: HIGH ADMIRAL IDA, MEAGAN
RECOMMENDED: HIGH ADMIRAL DORIA, ALEKSANTERI
RECOMMENDED: FLEET ADMIRAL ALBANO, CHIBUZO

TOP SECRET

“Commander Kirrin, we've got new orders from Kirburg.”  Tamar turned to Fleet Admiral Konstantinos as he strode up.  “Jackal has been ordered back to yards at Vulcan for a repair availability.  At the same time, the 4th Expeditionary is going to Augusta Terevorum to deliver a message from Kirburg and sweep out the Black Order.”

“Wish I was going with you, sir.  Get a little of our own back.”

“Trust me Commander, you have nothing to be ashamed of from your encounter.  From what your sensors picked up, you gave even better than you got.  We're just cleaning up.”

“Thank you for saying so, sir.”  Tamar started to walk to the boat bay to transit back to her own ship, then paused and turned back to Nikolaos.  “Out of curiosity, what is the message my father is having you deliver?”  The flag officer held out his data pad.  Tamar read the missive and snorted.  “At least he hasn't lost his sense of humor or history.”

TO: BLACK ORDER COMMANDER
FROM: GADM KIRRIN, ADELEI, CHIEF OF STATE, STATE OF HERAKLEA
SUBJECT: RESPONSE TO BLACK ORDER CLAIM OF SOVEREIGNTY

NUTS

The man finished reassembling his pistol after cleaning it.  He ran it through a few dry fires before returning it to its hidden spot in the Kirrinheim apartment.  A shadow running across his window caught his eye.  Moving to the window, he looked out on the city.  Something seemed off to him.  There were numerous air cars and cutters flying through the sky, but that was normal for the capital.  People were bustling by on the street, going about their business.  Perhaps fewer then usual, but that tended to fluctuate anyways.  Strange though.  It was about the time people started coming home.  Why wasn't anyone entering the building?

A small alarm alerted him that his equipment was detecting more communications.  It was encrypted, like most of the useful communications he intercepted, but his eyes locked on to the signal strength.  It would only support local area operation.  His computer kicked up a message informing him the encryption was unrecognized.  Every hair on the back of his neck was standing up.  Then came the announcement.

“Security Violation!  There is a shooter in the building.  Lock-down has been initiated.  All doors have been locked shut until overridden by security personnel or lock-down secured.  Do not attempt to override the lock or exit your homes.  There is a shooter in the building.”

The man immediately grabbed his pistol back out of his hiding place and moved to his door.  He was certain now.  His cover was blown, and the Herakleans were coming for him.  He activated his override and exited his door.  He had to get out of the building, fast.

“The shooter is a Caucasian male, approximately 175 centimeters, 68.5 kilograms, medium build.  He has short black hair and brown eyes.  If you encounter him, attempt to disengage.”

Great, he though.   Of course they gave my description for the bullshit shooter.  He overrode the door lock for the stair well.  Opening it, he immediately heard the teams coming from above and below to get him.  This way's no good.  Heading back into the hall brought the sound of the elevator cars approaching his floor.  There was no way out quietly.  He would have to get out loud.  Going back into his apartment, he grabbed the small shaped charges and placed them around his window.  He grabbed an anchor spike and embedded it in the ceiling.  Getting himself prepped, he stood behind a wall and triggered the explosive, blowing out the window.  He turned and began running at the window to jump through it when a gunboat descended into the window.  The side doors opened and soldiers in the pure black of the State Security Service jumped through his escape route into the apartment.  SSS personnel came through the open door behind him.  Surrounded, with no way out, there was only one solution.  The man triggered the explosives he had hidden around his apartment.

When the dust settled, the man was surprised to find himself still alive.  He couldn't move, though there was little more than small debris piled on top of him.  Looking up, he could see through ceiling of the room he was in, up to what was once his apartment and then up again into the one above.  He saw movement to the side and witnessed the faint glow around the SSS soldiers dissipating.  Standing up from where they had fallen, the soldiers moved back around him.

“What a mess.  What are the chances he'll even live long enough to make it to interrogation?”

“Small, but we have our orders.  He's not running away at this point.  We'll bring him.”

OOC: For those unaware of the "Nuts" reference, during the Battle of the Bulge the 101st Airborne was surrounded by the Whermacht in Bastogne. The German commander, General Heinrich Freiherr von Luttwitz, sent a letter calling for the Americans to surrender. General Anthony Clement McAuliffe sent back as a response "To the German Commander. NUTS! The American Commander."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 5:50 pm

TO: GADM KIRRIN, ADELEI, CHIEF OF STATE, STATE OF HERAKLEA

May your people wander over the face of the galaxy forever, never sleep twice in the same bed, never drink water twice from the same well. We have prepared since our exile for our return. Our ships are numberless and are everywhere. We have wiped out the Ordenreich and have taken their stores of FOABs for our own use. Even now, our stealth ships that have been hiding under your very nose since your kind began polluting the galaxy have begun the process of burning and infecting your people till there is nothing left. We will not stop till your worlds are glass or the infected have overrun them all. Our soldiers will enslave your remaining men and use your women to breed out your filth. Your people will submit to the great Sacaen race. Prepare yourselves.

*Space over Silesia Nova*

Officer: Breaches on port observation deck! 50 personel lost! Sir we are out of FOABs!

Order Admiral: Shit! What do we have left?

Officer: Just 4 frigates and 2 destroyers all in various state of disrepair!

*The Ordenreich fleet had been fighting a desperate holding action against the Black Order over Silesia Nova, trying to buy time for the Heraklean team looking for a Gorgon cure but the situation looked hopeless. In order to prevent Black Order landing parties the Ordenreich fleet placed itself between the Black Order fleet and the planet itself. Unfortunately this left the Ordenreich fleet cornered with no hope of breaking out. The Ritter Fallen turned out to be the Ordenreich's saving grace thus far as its FOABs kept the Black Order fleet scattered and at a distance but it was only delaying the inevitable. The Black Order kept its distance and kept shelling the Ordenreich fleet picking off the smaller ships one by one. Now with the Ritter Fallen out of FOABs the Black Order fleet began closing in.*

Officer: Sir! Black Order fleet closing in. They just destroyed the last of our conventional ships. We're the only ones left. Shields recharged to 32% but they won't last that long when the Black Order launches another volley at us. Orders?!

Order Admiral: Move in and prepare all remaining weapons. If we're going out we are taking as many of them as we can!

Officer: Yes sir! Preparing... sir we got an incoming transmission. It isn't Black Order!

Order Admiral: Patch it through!

Comms: This is Trebuchet 3-4, designation T.S.F. Sherwood Yeomen, looking to assist friendly Ordenreich forces. Any friendlies respond.

Order Admiral: Trebuchet 3-4 this is the T.S.F. Ritter Fallen, Capital Dreadnought in orbit over Silesia Nova. We are under heavy attack from Black Order forces. We need a corridor to get out of this mess.

Trebuchet 3-4: Roger Ritter Fallen provide coordinates for corridor. We will do the rest.

Order Admiral: Coordinates sent. Fire immediately.

Trebuchet 3-4: Roger. Stand by. Firing.

Officer: Sir? We are leaving our ground forces?

Order Admiral: The Ritter Fallen is too valuable an asset for the Ordenreich to lose. Especially now with the infection and now this war. We need to regroup with friendlies and come up with a counterattack. Deploy all available ground forces to Silesia Nova's surface. They are to delay the Black Order as much as possible till we can come back with reinforcements.

Officer: Orders sent sir.

*As Ordentlich ground forces scrambled for the planet's surface. The Ordenreich Artillery fleets FOABs detonated in a long line inside the Black Order formation causing the Black Order fleet to scatter and become confused while leaving a long corridor for the Ritter Fallen to escape. As the capital dreadnought rushed for the outer edge of Silesia Nova's gravity well to escape the Order Admiral ordered a message detailing everything that happened be sent to the Heraklean ground team.

Quote :
To: Heraklean Ground Team

Black Order fleet outnumbered us 10 to 1. Lost all ships and we were forced to flee the system. Destroyed an estimated half of Black Order fleet. Black Order most likely sent to stop you from completing your mission. Desployed all available ground forces from Ritter Fallen to planet's surface to buy you time. Black Order severely outnumber deployed ground forces and they have orbital supremacy. Do not rely on ground forces to keep Black Order off you forever. DO NOT attempt escape to orbit. Black Order fleet owns the orbit. Will attempt to return with reinforcements from Ordenreich forge world at Autoch to retake Silesia Nova orbit. Sit tight, reinforcements are incoming.

*With the message sent, the Capital Dreadnought jumped out system bound for Autoch, hoping to bring a fresh fleet back to Silesia Nova to retake the planet.*

*On the ground at Silesia Nova. Crusader-34* (OOC: Assuming the Crusader is still with the Heraklean team)

C-34: Well I have good news and bad news. Good news is that the old Ordenreich garrison here did discover a facility that is labeled as "Gorgon Research" and the soldiers here never attempted to open the facility for fear of possible contagions in there. If the notes to begin curing this thing are here. They will be in that facility. Bad news is I just received word of the defeat of our fleet over Silesia Nova. The Capital Dreadnought dumped off all of its ground forces to aid us but we are going to have to expect a full invasion from the Black Order.

(OOC: I know about the Nuts thing. I hold a degree in history remember? :p)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 pm

“Doctors, please tell me you have something.”

“At this point it is very rough, Commander.  But we can't guarantee success.”

“Do you have an effective delivery system, Doctor T'lix?”

“Yes commander.  Dropped within an atmosphere, the retrovirus we have designed can cover the entire planet within, say, five hours or so, depending on the size of the world.”

“The world is Livenstein, we are going to relieve them from the siege of Gorgon.”

“Commander, as I said it is very rough, and it might not do anything against those already infected.  We are still running the tests.”

“We don't have the time to worry about it.  We have a ship to be loaded with the materials to make delivery of the retrovirus.  What are the chances it works?”

“Probably seventy for, thirty against.  I can't even begin to tell you what side effects there might be.”

“Better than fifty will have to do.  Get it loaded.”

Fleet Admiral Konstantinos watched the timer ticking down.  Fifty-six minutes ago the hour block had switched to 'H-0'.  Six minutes ago his flagship (and presumably the rest of his fleet, though passing communications in hyperspace can often prove difficult at even short ranges, so he only had confirmation of the squadrons close at hand) had manned Battle-Stations.  The seconds continued to tick away till the moment his fleet would translate back into plain space.

Nikolaos disliked the disbursed formation he had adopted, his mind rebelling against the departure from the conventional close-ranks tactics that allowed for networked point defenses and fleet wide fire control, but it couldn't be helped.  Intel had given to high a probability that the Black Order possessed FOABs, which meant clustering his fleet would be tantamount to suicidally sacrificing his whole fleet.  And despite his misgivings, the fact that the fleet couldn't congregate allowed his tactical staff to give him a plan that maximized the potential for a one-hundred-percent casualty rate for the enemy.  Given that, he was satisfied by the plan.  This musing, executed for what must have been the hundredth time over the past two hours, came to a close as the final seconds disappeared and the timer reached balls.

“Executing translation.”

The 4th Expeditionary Fleet emerged from hyperspace around one hemisphere of the Augusta Terevorum system boundary.  All the units of what Nikolaos refused to call a “formation” immediately accelerated to simultaneously close the open ends of their net on the far side of the system and begin tightening it around any Black Order vessels in system.  Sensor drones were pumped out of the ships streaming past the edges of the system, all heading in system with active sensor suites searching out the stealth frigates the Black Order was known to operate.

“Prep transmission:  To all Black Order forces in system.  We have a message from the Chief of State for your leader.  And I have a message for you.  Your sins shall be revisited upon you a thousand fold, for my vengeance is without failing and my justice without mercy.”

“Well, look who's finally awake.”  The Black Order operative slowly regained consciousness.  Turning his head slightly, he saw a young girl, a child, no more than eight years old... no, that's not right.  Her body is fully developed.  So then what... pointy ears.  An Alfr.  One of those filthy mutant degenerates produced by the Yggdrassi.  What was she doing here.  In this... cell.  “You've been asleep for forever.”

“It's only been a few hours, dummy.”  Turning his head, operative saw another Alfr, this one male.  Similar appearance.  Siblings?  “And its obvious that he would sleep that long.  The number of sedatives and painkillers they needed to pump into him so he didn't die of shock, idiot.”

“I'm not an idiot!  Why are so mean?”

“Why are you so dumb?”

“I'm not dumb!  I hate you so much Cal-”

“NO REAL NAMES, STUPID!” the boy shouted.

“Fine.  Castor.  And I'm not stupid.”  The girl turned her back to the boy and fumed.

“You're such a pain.”

“I'm not talking to you.”

“Then get to work.”

“FINE!”  She turned to the operative.  She shook the frustrated look off her face and beamed a broad smile at the man.  “Hi there.  I'm Pollux.  It's stupid name, but I have to use it.  Some dumb rule about security or something.  Like-I-care.”  Each of the words was punctuated by a slight bounce of her head from side to side.  “Want to play memories?  It's really fun.  We go back and forth sharing memories we've collected.  Whoever has the best ones wins.  Doesn't that sound like fun?  It's my favorite game.  Here, I'll go first.”  The girl closed her eyes.  “Which memory should I start with?  Ooh, that one!”  Suddenly the man felt horrific pain.  It was as though his insides were being torn apart while he was stabbed repeatedly in buttocks and groin.  His vision continuously flashed to visions of deranged men and women.

“What... what is this?”

“It's the memory of a woman as she was raped and murdered by a bunch of Gorgon zombies!  Isn't it cool?”

“They're not zombies, dummy.”

“They have green skin, creepy eyes and eat people skin.  That makes them zombies.”

“Whatever.”  The girl turned back to the operative.  “So, what do you have?”
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 am

(OOC: I officially have no more time to do this. Between now and when I leave I'm going to be too busy. I'm going to make a summary post tomorrow detailing everything that happens to the Ordenreich from this point forward. Sorry but I'm going to be gone for too long to pick this back up when I get back)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gorgon Syndrome   The Gorgon Syndrome - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gorgon Syndrome
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next