Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aescentia

Aescentia

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 am

That sounds a bit better. The Stargate on the Earth end would be in Kahndaq, and the Stargate on the CL end would either be in an unclaimed area -or- an inhabited country. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aescentia.webs.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:18 pm

What country in Celtic Lands are neutral?

Also, Rut, Burn, Sela, are you ok with the Stargate being in Kahndaq.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm

I would prefer Tierra del Fuego, since Black Adam would probably throw a fit at armies passing through his nation...
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 pm

I'd rather RP its finding, because it would almost certainly be internationalized, which would be perfect IMO.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:36 pm

That would make Tierra Del Fuego a better location, then, because it is rather isolated.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:40 pm

@ Sela - That's why it would be interesting! But yeah, sure.

@ Burn - But whoever has control of the gate can monopolize access to the other planet.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Which is precisely why it should be somewhere where no one controls?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:55 pm

People will try to take it. The only three candidates who could would be the Swiss Empire, Alanda and Alexia, and the United Municipalities since they're the only three with navies worth a damn. There should at least be a minor war over it.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

It might also cross over into the Celtic Lands, maybe we should have some WW1-esq war where people get tangled up in a mess of treaties and end up fighting the war over both worlds. Of course, we'd have to plan it with them, but it would be a pretty fun thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Yup! They'd probably have to adjust population down, if they haven't already. I wonder if Burn would mind them using the formula for military power.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Selathorn wrote:
It might also cross over into the Celtic Lands, maybe we should have some WW1-esq war where people get tangled up in a mess of treaties and end up fighting the war over both worlds. Of course, we'd have to plan it with them, but it would be a pretty fun thing to do.

Reason why I think it should be done this way Razz

Also, invading through a Stargate is difficult to begin with. If the other side is even slightly intelligent, it's nearly impossible. The point is contact, not invasion.

1) Stargates take massive amounts of energy to operate.
2) Stargates cannot remain active for more than 38 minutes at a time, because the wormhole can't be maintained after that.
3) Travel happens only in one direction at a time; the side that opens the gate may travel.
4) Burying a Stargate makes travel to it impossible.
5) Installing an Iris system is impossible to breach. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCdYMZecBns&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Bah, that would be boring. What's the fun if we can't go around and murder each other? :p

I say make it much bigger and easier to operate, that would make it more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:20 pm

There would still be a war over it. It'd just be amongst ourselves and probably amongst themselves on the other side. Whoever controls it has a monopoly on trade with the other end.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 pm

You can make it bigger. And you can get around an Iris by way of trickster tricks.

The thing that these problems really do is make it impossible for any ONE party to totally control the Stargates. You're going to need allies.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Considering the Swiss Navy can block the progress of the UM and the A&A navies, creating a huge hassle for both of them, they probably could grab the Earth end of it for themselves, with fees to whoever wants to use it.
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

In CL, most everyone is neutral. At the moment.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Aescentia wrote:

They don't know us. I hope you didn't expect them to jump for joy! Razz

You can always ask this; are they willing to even try it? Because if it turns out awful, we can just retcon the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 pm

No wars amongst yourselves yet?
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:52 pm

Burnination wrote:
Aescentia wrote:

They don't know us. I hope you didn't expect them to jump for joy! Razz

You can always ask this; are they willing to even try it? Because if it turns out awful, we can just retcon the whole thing.

Oh good heavens, I'm not expecting them to. Honestly, I'm looking forward to chaos for a while. Very Happy

I'll ask: I think they'll be amenable to the Stargates.

Also, @Panzer, there are no wars yet, but there's about to be between myself and Arcdeberan (Mid).
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Ah, is he still going with the ridiculously fascistic nation whose soldiers can die in the millions on minefields and still keep going?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Although strictly speaking, we haven't fought any wars on the MT/PMT planet yet either, they've all been retconned out (Arcdeberan v. Bismouth, Altayr v. A&A).
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:21 pm

Er - sort of. His nation, after much prodding by myself, is a good bit more realistic. The people hate the Director, the Director hates the people, it's ridiculously fascistic, and his soldiers are little more than people with rocks and sticks.

This compared to my fairly-small but strong android army.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:24 pm

@ Sela -Well, actually, the Legion fought the Enclave with the assistance of Swiss mercenaries.

@ Ace - No Mauser 98Ks for him? I want to see his military factbook at some point. See for myself how things have gotten.
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:36 pm

@Panzer - When he gets his factbook up (I shan't war with him until he does so) you can see it on the CL forums. Embarassed I need to do my factbook as well.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am

Did you guys do the scale down the populations thing that our MT/PMT guys did?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: General :: General-
Jump to: