Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aescentia

Aescentia

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Empty
PostSubject: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

First of all, I'd like to say a couple things about my... lack of and general poor RPing here in Korel. By the time I had actually learned the mechanics of the game and how to RP competently, I had grown terribly, terribly tired of RPing a space-based nation. So I made a puppet, Seraph and Visory, and stuck it in a MT/PMT region, where I've been RPing fairly nicely. I hadn't really had a chance or motive to RP with most of you (though I read through your RP threads with interest Razz). That's the reason I've not RPed Aescentia in quite a while: I'm simply tired of it. So my apologies to you guys. Also, my specific apologies to Selathorn, whom I've left hanging on an old RP which I forgot for a good long while and, when I remembered it, was too partially-embarrassed, partially-unmotivated to continue.

Moving on:

My other region, of which I am the elected Prime Minister (Celtic Lands) and Korel have recently built an embassy and I shall make a thread on their forums discussing MT/PMT cross-regional RPing. I'm sure they will be very amenable to it; considering that there aren't too many active people there and it'll be nice to get some good wars going. Razz\

I will discuss with our Founder, Kosei, and get you guys embassy Forum accounts on the CL forums, so we can get this up and going as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aescentia.webs.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 pm

How will historical clashes be dealt with? Will it be the same Earth?
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Historical clashes between your nations (United Municipalities, Blolrus, etc) would remain but I'm not sure how to deal with the issue of a map.

I've already made a map of the nations on the Celtic Lands Unnamed Planet (herefore the CLUP), which you can see here.

So I'm not sure how to deal with the map/Earth problem. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:06 pm

I suggest two different worlds.

We just find some method of contact. A Stargate or similar.
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Hm. Most of the CL nations are late-MT and not particularly space-faring.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Not sure how StarGates work but how would I transport ships and planes across?
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:52 pm

They're wide enough to let in planes, though naval ships would be odd. Ace, a Stargate like device would be located on land. Here's a quick video to demonstrate. (Just watch the first couple minutes of the episode, and it's pretty clear how they work.)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/62972/stargate-sg-1-children-of-the-gods

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:01 pm

How many would there be?
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:35 pm

That's pretty cool. (freakin' brilliant) I think it's a good idea... possibly.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:13 am

Up for discussion. At least one on each world (obviously). No more than three on our MT world for sure. I dunno how many RPers are on the CL forums, so I can't judge for them.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:36 pm

This whole thing sounds good to me. How would this whole thing happen, then? Complete technological accident? The United Municipalities would be willing to be the host site of such an experiment. Also, I'm probably going to clean up the history of the place and remove the non-integral references to Sonny since over time I've realized that the whole idea kinda sucked. Basically everything besides the fact that the leader is named Roald and that the capital is named Hew will go, and perhaps the existence of the ZPCI, although I can't be too sure about that one (and this also applies for Korel RP).
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm

We'd find them at the bottom of the ocean or something.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Alright, we detect an energy signature and investigate it or something?

Although, that does bring up the problem of how it got there...
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Wait, so the Black Adam Herrogods fight never happened?

Only one access point for each country, then? Hmm. I was going to suggest boom tube but the one created by Checkmate in the comics could only fit people, too.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Well, that one happened too. Herregods falls under the ZPCI thing, since he's a former scientist.

Maybe the Selathorni accidentally installed them or something? They have technology very similar to that (Shepard Warp Gates).
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:19 pm

OK. A Rhean exploration fleet shows up in the Celtic Lands area and points them to Earth? The Stargates would explain why the Celtic Lands people are humanoid.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm

Uhh, I don't quite see how that would work...
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:52 pm

Some civilization installed them at some point. Maybe they were buried or something.

The rule in Stargate is one gate per planet. We can follow it (which would likely foster some competition for the gate, which could be fun)m or we can break it and give ourselves more gates.

Who installed them is really a minor issue, I think. It's more important that they're there.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:09 pm

Them pointing to Earth would be how they show up. Let's just say that the one gate on Earth is in an unclaimed portion of South America. Say, Chile.
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:41 pm

I'm lost. Sad
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Hmm?
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Let me have a brief, awkward attempt at summarisation: There will be Stargates, somewhere on the CL planet, and somewhere on the Korel planet, which will link the two.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Yes, but I take back the Rheans informing the CL planet. Kind of awkward trying to fit that in.
Back to top Go down
Aescentia

Aescentia

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 10:05 pm

Sounds... fairly reasonable. I'll see if the CLians will accept that.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Actually, how about Kahndaq? The gate was supposed to be Egyptian in origin, anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera   Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Celtic Lands RP; Etcetera
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: General :: General-
Jump to: