Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternative Histories (fun thread)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacae

Sacae

Alternative Histories (fun thread) Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 pm

So when doing some drawings I wondered about what if scenarios in our RP. Like if certain countries (however unlikely) joined together to form super nations in our RP. So I started doing some designs using this concept. I have only made one so far but I'm going to make more over the course of the next few weeks. I will also take requests. Remember guys this is only for fun on my part. It doesn't have to make sense or show up in the RP. First up is the bastard union of the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri and the Hierarchy of the Ordenreich. :p

Die Reich der Alpha Cenauri

Alternative Histories (fun thread) Ordenr10

Alternative History:
When Alpha Centauri made contact with the Ordenreich after the slipspace engine accident that made the Ordenreich known to the galaxy the Centauri made the decision that the Ordenreich were simply too dangerous to be left to their own desires. The Ordenreich would be a powerhouse in the galaxy but the Centauri wanted to control that powerhouse for itself. Thus, the Centauri made first contact by giving the Ordenreich the technology to achieve intergalactic flight but also secretly began using their technology to change Ordenreich opinion to be pro-Centauri. As time went on the Ordenreich was attacked by the Hildenburen but thanks to the combined efforts of the Korel empires they were defeated and the Ordenreich Ultra-Dreadnoughts retook Livenstein. In the post-war the Centauri and pro-Centauri Ordenreich decided that the galaxy was too dangerous to remain seperate powers so they united into a superpower to ensure the safety of both their peoples and to project their power and influence on the other powers.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

I feel like the Ordenreich would eventually become highly pacified by such a union. That or perhaps in this alternate reality the Centauri use the Ordenreich as a foreign legion, using them as their military while the Centauri provided the stability of government...though that in and of itself I imagine is a bit of a stretch since by its nature the Centauri government is always one wrong word away from internal conflict.

As for the design of the flag, its visually pleasing although the shadow/blur effect of the Ordenreich symbol in my opinion takes away from the symbol itself. Its seems obscure and hard to see from certain angles on the computer screen. Of course, if the Centauri are the dominant species of the Union then such an effect makes sense from a symbolic standpoint.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 pm

That was what I was going for to an extent. Centauri meme engineering combined with Ordenreich religion see the Centauri as near divinity. The pinnacle of technological achievement. This wasn't what the Centauri wanted but they go with it all the same. The flag is a symbol of that relationship. The Ordenreich show their tradition eagle as a pheonix being reborn thanks to the efforts of the Centauri. For all intents and purposes the Ordenreich is the enforcer in the union. The Ordenreich is made into a pseudo-colony where they are allowed to serve in the military and other public office affairs but for the most part the Centauri run the show and thanks to the manipulation by the Centauri, the Ordenreich citizens and military are content with this. Also keep in mind this is alternative history where the empires only vaguely resemble what they are right now. They maintain ties to what they are now but for the most part they are different in this timeline. Like, for instance, the Burninites instead of being pacifists they will be a little more militaristic but still relatively peaceful
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh of course, I figure there should be differences given its an alternate reality. Its certainly interesting and I look forward to see the other ideas and flag concepts you come up with.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Who's to say that the Centauri aren't doing this as we speak? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey I wouldn't mind RPing it lol
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:08 pm

(OOC: Taking Sela's suggestion I'm condensing this to one thread. Check back every couple of days for the newest flag)

The Grand Dominion of Veridia

Alternative Histories (fun thread) Veridi10

Alternative History:

The rise of the Veridian Dominion was mostly ignored by the central Korel powers which turned out to be their undoing. The unprecedented rise of power of the Dominion was unforseen by the leading powers of Korel and they were caught flatfooted when the Veridians attacked. Using tactics and weapons unseen by the Centauri, Ordenreich, Herakleans, and Burninites the Veridians quickly conquered all their empires and subdued their fleets. The Ordenreich Ultra-Dreadnoughts were wiped out before they could even respond to the threat but ironically the Ultra-Dreadnought would see new life in the Dominion. The Dominion saw the Ultra-Dreadnought as a sea of untapped potential. Using the ship design as a base template they outfitted the old powerhouses of the Ordenreich with Centauri laser weaponry, Burninite shields, Ordenreich flexibility with the ship being able to change out armaments, and an engine that combined all the major advantages of the conquered powers. This new ship became a mobile fortresses that could singlehandedly project their power and influence over any system they wanted or controlled. Using the new wealth coming from the new provinces they financed the production of an armada of these monster ships. As it stands, the Grand Dominion of Veridia controls the most powerful military in the history of Korel. Some might even say that the Sith had nothing on this new empire.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Yeah, I figured that the only reasonable fusion of the Veridians and the Burnites would have to own the entire region Razz

Also, maybe delete the old thread and copypasta the BBCode into this one? I think you can delete it as long as no one has posted in it.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Here is number two. This time opposites attract. Its Burnination and the Ordenreich.

The Harmony of Burnreich

Alternative Histories (fun thread) Altern10

Alternative History:

The Ordenreich never had its space accident where it attracted all the powers of the galaxy. Instead, Burninite migratory ships discovered the Ordenreich before it made its space debut. Peaceful contact was made and the Burninites saw the potential in the Ordenreich for greatness but also its violent tendencies. The Burninites took it upon themselves to temper that violence. Their hope was to give the Ordenreich a balance between war and peace. At the same time the Burninites grew to admire some of the war philosophies like Just War Ordenreich philosophers developed and began to investigate that line of thinking. By the time of the Hildenburen invasion the two cultures were very much intermingled as ideas and philosophies flowed between the two peoples. The two powers remained seperate and saw themselves as seperate entities until the Hildenburen war. Out of necessity the two powers united into one and played to each other's strengths in the war and covered each others weaknesses. This lead to, what many believed impossible, they successfully checked the Hildenburen advance. Soon after the Hildenburen were defeated and both powers saw how well they worked together so they formed the Harmony of Burnreich. This new power preached its motto, "If you want peace, prepare for war." The empire fought for equal rights of all species and the former Ordenreich knights became Burnreich Crusaders whose only job was to protect the rights and lives of any and all intelligent species.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:43 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Well that was one reason I did that. Second reason was I wanted to have an alternative history where an empire would conquer everything then adapt the conquered's technology to their own and make these doomsday ships :p
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:14 pm

If only you knew how much darker the Dominion's own goals truly are....

No but in all seriousness, I really like the flag! The Dominion's seal really is the main symbol, the flag has a bit more to it but the Eagle and Wreath are the main symbols...hence the fact that EVERYTHING has them stamped on it itself, somewhere. Except for many the people, we're not stamping people....yet.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Just an announcement. I believe I am done now. This wasn't meant to be a huge year long project. Just a fun little idea. I only have 3 more weeks of the class so unless you really have your heart set on something I'm going to call it done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Histories (fun thread)   Alternative Histories (fun thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Histories (fun thread)
Page 1 of 1