Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Extinction Event

Go down 
+2
Selathorn
Delt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Sacae

Sacae

An Extinction Event - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Heinrich: Heinrich here. Just got off the line with the Ordenreich Hierarchy, the Hochmeister himself no less. He says that the Ordenreich would be willing to overlook this breach in the Writ by the Hive if they can be persuaded to turn away. However if they get within bombing range of the planet's surface we will open fire.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm

(OOC: Sacae, careful with meta knowledge -- you know as a person sitting at your screen what Sela and I are discussing, but your characters are not necessarily aware. Thorgood is reacting as he would to what he knows about you, and your people should react the way they would with the information they have as well.

Way funner that way.

Yes, funner Smile)

Thorgood does not directly ask the Kotalians for support, but he does draft them a letter that explains the situation.

Essentially, it says, the Burninites and Centauri, who comprise together more than half the alien force above your planet, want the Hive ships to go away without having anything blown up and without anyone dying. Presumably the Kotalians would also prefer a lack of explosions, so the respective interests are the same. It then expands that the other alien nations may harbor the desire to cause battle, for it is in the interests of the aliens to destroy the Hive. However, given that this conflict will do the most harm to Kotalia and not to the aliens themselves, they may favor inciting battle here.

He explains briefly his plan, that he intends to have everything cloaked when the Hiveships arrive so that more diplomatic hands prevail. He suggests Kotalian support for this measure would help check the aggressive passions of some, and urges that they make their position clear.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Coalition Fleet
FROM: ProtoConsul Thorgood, Fleet of the Burninite Remnant

There is not time to develop a comprehensive plan for using this many different forces in tandem with one another. Briefly I have assigned us all areas of responsibility in terms of space, and left room for adjustment. I do not presume to have authority over your forces, but I do believe that it is best if we work together on tactics. Our fleet will engage almost exclusively in the area on the starmap attached that I have marked down. I think that we would all find it helpful if it was known where all coalition fleets will work should we be required to engage the Hive ships.

Before engagement, we will attempt to avoid the problems that were caused when the Hive launched ships at Alpha Centauri -- we will cloak the planet and as much of the fleets as we can. Unless anyone plans to be far outside the general vicinity, we should be able to cloak anyone. While cloaked, we will negotiate with the Hive while their radar screens show them ghost ships and vanishing vessels and otherwise are in a favorable position. Should we need to resort to combat, we will be prepared.

Sincerely,
ProtoConsul Thorgood, Burnination

(OOC: There's really nothing else for us to do now before your ships arrive, Delt. We're just causing problems amongst ourselves as we sit on our hands now Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

(OOC: Yeah, Sacae, it's a little strange for your guy to respond to that unprompted at that moment.)

[Encrypted]

To: Fellow Coalition Fleet Leaders

We are in agreement with the plan, as to minimize damage and death on all sides. Our fleet is deploying as we correspond.

Commander Andreus Aaron
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:13 pm

The Rhean fleet agrees as well through an encrypted message.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 11:46 pm

(OOC: My character has no knowledge. The Ordenreich is in an awkward position as the Writ doesn't leave much room for intrepretation involving fleets from other nations. The Writ normally would demand the forceful explusion of ALL fleets. The Ordenreich knows a war with the coalition would end in disaster so Heinrich called back to command for clarification. Heinrich was merely just giving all fleets an update on the Ordenreich's stance in this conflict as Heinrich is not authorized to make deals with other nations)

Heinrich: Heinrich here. The Ordenreich Hierarchy has granted me authority to make deals on the Ordenreich's behalf for this situation. We will go through with your plan. Standing by for further orders
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:52 pm

(OOC: Delt?)
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 pm

OOC: I am still around. I am going to try to get something out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:41 am

(OOC: OK, no rush. Was just wondering what was up Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Extinction Event
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: