Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Extinction Event

Go down 
+2
Selathorn
Delt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

An Extinction Event - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:15 pm

"We have two Star Destroyers waiting in a nearby system. They will be enough."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

"Our motives are not altruistic," Thorgood says. "We believe that this invasive species may eventually pose a threat to ourselves. So we have a significant amount of resources we are willing to devote."
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:47 am

"Thank you, my people will be thankful for your kindness. Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:13 pm

"Nothing for the time being. We'll deploy the fleet in orbit when my... colleagues are ready."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:49 pm

"I believe not. Our fleet will move in when you can be assured that its arrival will not cause chaos planetsurface."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:31 am

Thorgood does not say anything.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:45 am

*The Ordenreich had, for the longest time, remained isolationist and quietly and secretly build its military might. Based off data the Ordenreich got from its scout ship it sent to monitor the Alpha Centurians and the Hive as the fought the Ordenreich determined the Hive to be a potential threat to its existence and had decided to move forward with its plans for a complete overhaul of the Ordenreich's space fleet. The Ordenreich, in a sense, was terrified of the Hive and its military potential and decided to ignore the Hive's calls for talks between the Hive and themselves. The Ordenreich also began sending stealth ships (as they became available) the systems lying beyond the edge of Hive space with orders to monitor the Hive and report back disturbing moves made by the Hive. During this process the Ordenreich also accidentally stumbled upon the Kotalians, a primitive race by Ordenreich standards. The Ordenreich decided to not initiate first contact and decided to secretly monitor them. The Ordenreich Order scribes wanted to study the Kotelians as scientific curiosities and they wanted to do so without alien interference. Overtime the Ordenreich's government passed what was simply referred to as "the Writ". This pact the Ordenreich made essentially stated that the Ordenreich had no right to interfere with species that had yet to enter the galactic community but they did believe that they must ensure said species is allowed to flourish and grow. According to the Writ, the Ordenreich would not initiate first contact but would instead monitor species until they joined the community. The Ordenreich would not interfere with another species development even if an interspecies war threatened to destroy the species because it was not the Ordenreich's place to interfere. However, the Writ also states that the Ordenreich must protect said species from the other spacefaring races if they threatened to destroy them. In the case of the Hive, the Ordenreich spy ships sent to the edge of Hive space reported back disturbing amounts of energy normally associated to FTL space coming from Hive space and heading to Kotalia. The spy ships estimated based off the amount of energy that the fleet was very large. The Ordenreich came to the conclusion that based off the size of the fleet and the size of the Hive population that the Hive fleet just dispatched to Kotalia was a colonization/extermination fleet. The Hive planned to wipe out of Kotalian people. According to the Ordenreich's Writ this was unacceptable. The Ordenreich dispatched a fleet that included 3 dreadnoughts, 2 carries, 13 battlecruisers, 20 destroyers, and 32 frigates (one of the Ordenreich's two "field" fleets) to Kotalia. The Ordenreich hoped to keep the Kotalians ignorant of the threat that was coming but the Ordenreich lacked any pull with the galactic community as a result of the isolation so they decided that military action was their only course.*

Kotalian space. Arrival +5 seconds. Ordenreich 1st Field Fleet. Knight Commander Heinrich, Commanding Officer

Knight Commander Heinrich: All ships set up a defensive perimeter around Kotalia. Comms warm up the universal communicators and set up a link with any official looking Kotalian frequency.

Comms Officer: Sir I'm picking up more than Kotalian comm traffic. Many of the foreign comm frequencies match known military frequencies of other galactic powers.

Heinrich: What the hell? General transmission now.

Comms Officer: On sir

Heinrich: This is Knight Commander Heinrich von Warburg, 1st Field Fleet, Hierarchy of Ordenreich. All foreign fleets currently in Kotalia are in violation of the Ordenreich Writ. State your nation association and intentions.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 8:24 am

"This is Field Marshal Teresa Trimbalt of the Burninite Remnant. There is a coalition of fleets intending to prevent the Hive from annihilating this system. If you want to try enforcing your writ, be our guest, but it would surprise us greatly if you managed to inflict a single casualty upon us," a transmission from a Burninite ship whose location seems indeterminate responds.

The monitor screens of all of the Ordenreich ships would show phantom ships appearing and disappearing pretty much everywhere, but no visual confirmation is possible on any of them.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Comms Officer: Sir what are your orders?

Heinrich: They seem to want to protect the system as much as we do. We'll play along but I want more data on this Burninite Remnant. Have our sensor ships perform subtle scans on their ships while we are temporary allies.

Comms Officer: And the Burninite remnants request?

Heinrich: Accept for now but tell them we want the other fleets to acknowledge our transmission before we integrate ourselves with the whole foreign fleet.

Comms Officer: Understood sir. Reply sent and awaiting replies from others
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

The Centauri fleet is almost prepared to fire upon the Ordenreich ships the moment they appear in system, but Commander Aaron quickly halts them as the message is received. Listening to it, and then picking up Field Marshal Trimbalts own message, he then sent out a reply to all of the coalition heads and to Knight Commander Heinrich,

"Knight Commander Henrich, this is the Commander of the Planetary Defense Force of Alpha Centauri, Andreus Aaron. I don't know what your 'Writ' is, but you are currently interfering in the operations of a coalition to protect this planet against the advances of the Hive, supported by the native government of Kotalia. Unless you are also here to protect this planet and are willing to join the coalition, I would urge you that for your safety and the safety of this planet that your fleet leave immediately."

Last edited by Selathorn on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Heinrich: Knight Commander Heinrich to Commander Aaron. I believe the copy of the Writ I am sending to you will explain our intentions.

(I will be adding the Writ to my nation information once I post so you can read it there if you want)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Commander Aaron replies after a brief inspection of the Writ, "Then according to your Writ, it would be best that you assist us and join the coalition. None of our nations had the intent to initiate first contact with the Kotalians - in fact, I do not believe any of our nations were aware of them up to this point - but when we had noticed the Hive beginning to move on them we all decided it imperative to act to protect them as well as ourselves. All of us are acting in perfect accordance with your Writ, in fact, so if you would like to look over our alleged violations again it would do us all a world of good."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Heinrich: Apologies. We assumed we would only find the Hive here. We have been secretly monitoring them for quite awhile now as we decided they were the most likely threat. We have no eyes or ears on the other powers because of our isolation. In all honesty this is only part of our fleet the other larger part is in reserve in case the threat to Kotalia is deemed severe enough however with this coalition fleet we won't need to hopefully. There was no violation to the Writ, in fact, despite you not being Ordenreich soldiers you have acted completely within the accordance to our Writ. There is no conflict between us.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 pm

The captain of the Invidious says in response, "Good. I'd hate to waste perfectly good ammo on you."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 2:41 am

Heinrich: I would say the same captain my paladins and Knights are chomping at the bit. Our land military is our true strength and we are standing by awaiting any Hive incursions on the Kotalia's surface
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:01 am

"And we are no slackers ourselves on the ground. May we never have to test each other in battle."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 3:27 am

Heinrich: Jawohl now lets kill us some bugs yes?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 am

Commander Aaron interjects, "I would prefer not to kill any more of anything than we absolutely have to. We must strive to minimize casualties and contain damage, not destroy the enemy. Also, while we're on the topic of ground combat, I am afraid we cannot at this time spare any forces from Chiron. Things are... tense, as always. I should hope our fleet will suffice."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Heinrich: You cannot reason with genocidal bugs Commander but do not worry about ground forces my knights and paladins and the Rhean land army will suffice
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 pm

OOC: Lets just assume that Calcul left the room while he spoke with the President about the situation.

Representative Calcul came back into the room to find a new presence being spoken with that was also present within the system. "May I ask who these new aliens are? I also just finished speaking with the President, we are going to have everything under control and ground military are in the cities to ensure peace."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 pm

Thorgood calls the Centauri directly: "We must ensure that the more bloodthirsty races are kept in check. Jenova Incerator will pull us out if our side becomes the aggressor."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm

*Heinrich interjected via the comms when he heard the Kotalian representative*

Heinrich: This is Knight Commander Heinrich von Warburg, T.S.F. Arensburg, 1st Order Field Fleet, Hierarchy of the Ordenreich. Under accordance of the Writ of the Ordenreich we are here to defend your species from the species known as the Hive. We have been studying your people for some time Kotalian, we are glad to finally make contact. Your species is an interesting one. I am sending you a copy of the Writ of the Ordenreich through our universal translators so that you may understand our intention.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Commander Aaron replies to Doctor Thorgood, "Aye. We are keen to learn from and avoid the mistakes of our first encounter with the Hive. Fleet priority will be the protection of the Kotalians and the Kotalian planet, and we will only fire when the Kotalian people or their property are fired upon. As for your the conditional order to pull out, I'm not quite sure what I would do if we were in that situation. If the Hive shows an attempt to negotiate and the others fire, we will certainly protest and immediately attempt to persuade the others to back down, but I feel that pulling out would be an unnecessary danger to the people of Kotalia. It would be better if your forces stood behind and joined with me so that cooler heads can prevail."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 10:22 pm

"I agree," Thorgood responds to Aaron. "But my hands are tied. I have tactical control of the Burninite military, but the Consul (ie Jenova) has control of commitment of forces. I can tell everyone that we will cloak the planet in the beginning, so that we may speak with the Hive before fighting. Do you believe that this will deter their aggressive passions for long enough?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 am

Aaron responds slowly, "I don't know about deter, but perhaps certainly confuse. It's worth a try, though I wouldn't do it first without the support of at least the Kotalians."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Extinction Event   An Extinction Event - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Extinction Event
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: