Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Go down 
+2
Selathorn
Delt
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 pm

"Interesting indeed." the Polemarch wrote on her tablet. She then began to write once more, but then stopped and simply spoke realizing it would be much faster. "Well then, please follow me and I will show you to our meeting room." the Centauran Universal Translator translated her words as she spoke them, she was still intrigued by this device, but there were much more important matters to attend to.

They reached the meeting room and they took their seats on the opposite sides of the table. The Polemarch laid her tablet in the table and the entire thing lit up and became ready for use, although, she was not ready for it yet. "So as you said it in your message to us, there was a misunderstanding in our first contact. You see, the ships you saw that day were there searching for planets we could inhabit. Back home in the Hive we have an issue with overcrowding, we are currently terraforming many worlds, however it is a slow process. We needed a faster solution. Our Hive Queen sent out a mission to the area which we had explored so long ago believing there may be a planet to be found. However, we found much more than a planet."

She paused for a few moments to allow the Centauran to really get the picture before going on, "The message you sent us at first contact were received in our ship, and due to the way that our minds work, the thoughts of the commander of that mission jumped through your message right into the mind of your General. That is how I know your people's language and how we knew where your system was. We did not possess anything that could translate our language into yours and I'm sure you know the rest. We came here today for a few reasons, to get the message through that the Hive should not be messed with then and to seek peace or leave your civilization in ruins and populate your world." She realized that she was being quite frank about it, but there was no reason to lie.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 12:28 am

Talent Zhang sat down and listened as the Polemarch explained the circumstances of the first contact on the side of the Hive, and as she talked Talent Zhang nodded. For the most part, it certainly made sense to her. Then, the Polemarch eventually then concluded that the Hive fleet had come with what amounted to a message of intimidation, and a frown formed at the corner of Talent Zhang's lips. She then replied,

"Esteemed Polemarch, while the Planetary Governate is all for making peace, we caution you that we will not tolerate any attempts at coercion or intimidation. It is best for both of our parties that we have an equal and fair discourse. Understand, the Planetary Governate is no pushover. Only roughly three years ago did we see the end of a long and bitter war, and in that war most of Chiron was occupied and many bases razed. Yet we never capitulated, in spite of all that.

"On another note, esteemed Polemarch, our world is probably the last that you would want to populate. Our world is completely unlike any other in this galaxy and it is possibly one of the most hostile. Yet, as we are resourceful and enduring, we have not only learned to adapt to but also thrive on this unforgiving world. This piece of information is of little consequence, but I feel that it should be said as to encourage you to take another, less coercive, route.

"Nonetheless, I have dawdled on this long enough. The Planetary Governate seeks to make peace with the Hive, which from I have gathered is the name of your... polity. We seek a fair and equitable peace, in which no side gains or loses anything in the peace agreement, which we call a white peace. Is this agreeable? I certainly hope that it is, or this situation could significantly degenerate from here."

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 am

OOC: after "Interesting indeed" the Polemarch was talking allowing your translator to translate her words to your language instead of writing it all down because it saved time.

"I admire your patriotism as well as your people's endurance." which she truly did. No other civilization had stood up to the Hive in the way that the Centaurans had. The others defended themselves, but they were weak and were annihilated easily. It was clear that these people of Chiron would not allow their morale to be beaten down, they would fight to the very last breath. The Polemarch saw she had definitely made the correct choice in seeking peace. The bloodshed would not have been worth the rock the ship was currently orbiting. "As I said before we came seeking peace or another home, and I believe we have found peace here. The Hive will agree to peace with the Centaurans."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 am

Talent Zhang nodded, and said in reply, "I must thank you for those complimenting words, esteemed Polemarch, and I am most pleased that we have come to a peaceful agreement. From here on, we can begin a new, peaceful relationship. I hope that we may remain in contact. In any case, are there any more issues you would like to address in this meeting?"
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:48 am

"Well, I would like to ask you about something" the Polemarch said. "I noticed your MACs out there and I recall them destroying our frigate at first contact. They are quite powerful. I would like to know if you would be interested in a trade of techs. Your high-powered MACs for..." she paused for a moment as she thought about what she could offer. "for... I do not know. Something of your choosing."

OOC: BTW the high powered MACs im talking about are your tachyon beams.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Talent Zhang took a second to try to figure out just what exactly the Polemarch was asking for her. MACs? What on Chiron were MACs? Eventually, she realized that the Polemarch was talking about their tachyon beams. She then replied, "Sorry, esteemed Polemarch, but I cannot authorize such a trade. Tachyon beams fall under the category of military technologies and thus are forbidden to be traded or given away by Centauri special diplomatic envoys like myself. To foster better relations, however, could we possibly trade historical and cultural information? I feel that it is important for different polities to be understanding of the history behind them, which I feel is preventive to conflict."

(OOC: I have finally decided on just what she is: a special diplomatic envoy for dealing with first contact or otherwise unusual situations. Yay! Not that you would care Razz)
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:24 pm

The Polemarch was a bit sad about this as she was quite intrigued by these things, they would fit well in the Hive arsenal. "That is... unfortunate." she replied after a few moments. "Although I do believe trading our historical and cultural information would be good. Would you like to discuss this here first? Or simply leave that for later?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Talent Zhang replies, "Yes, I feel that it would be ideal to discuss this now. In first contact situations, the Planetary Governate usually prepares a holodisk loaded with information from the Datalinks - the Centauri archives - containing information on the history on of our people and our planet. We also usually include selected work of fiction and nonfiction, written by various important figures on Chiron, as well as information on the galactic community at large. While I'm on that, I'd like to warn you that now that you have encountered the community of this sector of the galaxy, you should avoid taking hostile actions against other polities. We would not take that lightly as this sector has come under threat from various powers from the outside numerous times, including the one that we fought against those three years ago, and we always band together to fight them. It is best that you not become one of them, but one of us. You may have escaped these threats, but in the future..."
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am

"I dont wish to bring this to a dark note, however I must say what is true: the Hive will do what it must to ensure that it is safe and prosperous. Today's allies may well be tomorow's enemies." the Polemarch looked at the table as she thought about how she would go about doing this. She put her hand on the tablet she had put into the table earlier. Suddenly a hologram was projected out of the table. The hologram showed the galaxy. The Polemarch zoomed in the hologram to the region of space where the Hive was. Then she pressed something on the table and all of the Hive systems lit up. "23 systems and counting. Recent population projections have shown that the that the Hive should have broken the 1 trillion mark not too long ago. Now I hope that whole thing I told you earlier about the population problem really comes into mind. It is by our nature that we continue to grow, and we never fully realized the snowball effect we are in. The larger our population becomes the more Queens there are to produce more larva. We now have crowded ourselves into worlds that do not have room to spare. As soon as the first world is finished being terraformed, it will become fully populated in a matter of weeks."

"There are however, benefits that come with such a large population. Our military force by birth is 10% of our population, so 100 billion. However the vast majority of them are involved with construction because they are smarter than workers and are able to drive. This does still leave quite a large military force. That force you saw out there today, that was an insignificant one because we underestimated you. The entire fleet is so massive.... its hard even for me to comprehend just how many ships there are. Of course most of them are on defense, but there are still so many that could be ready to capture a system at a moments notice. Our only problem is finding one that is close to home." The Polemarch went on a bit more with population then moved on into the organization of the Hive. She also explained that the Hive was very old, and records were not kept on the age of it and how because of that there wasnt much history to tell. She also said that the Hive would welcome a Centauran guest, but also warned that it would be a very alien place to them. In the process of all of this she was very careful not to speak of how exactly the princesses could communicate with the workers and soldiers. "I do not believe that there is anything else I have to say. She hit another button on the table and the whole hologram disappeared. She then hit a few more and a card came out. She handed it over to the Centauran. "That is a recording of all that I have said as I am sure with a lecture that long you missed some things."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:50 am

Slowly, Talent Zhang took in the frightening information from the Polemarch, circulating the information in her head. A population of a trillion beings, exponentially growing? A massive fleet right in the backdoor of the galactic community? They were probably more threatening to the galactic community than the Sith were! Then again, she took some solace in the fact that they seemed (keyword: seemed) less advanced then the rest of the galaxy and large, and that intelligence was unevenly distributed within their population. Nevertheless, the Planetary Governate, as well as the other states within the galactic community, would have to take care with this sleeping giant in their own neighboorhood.

In any case, she remained composed, and gave her reply to the Polemarch, "Your information was most enlightening, esteemed Polemarch, and it gives us some understanding of your intentions. As for the matter of safety and prosperity for your nation, all polities within our galactic community desire those. With peace and co-operation, both of those can be easily maintained. There is no need for conflict when less destructive means can satisfy both of those desires. We do not wish to do battle, and we can only hope that you will reciprocate. This galaxy is dangerous enough without war fought within the galactic community."

Then, she cleared her throat, and concluded, "In any case, I have said all I wish to say for today. Momentarily, I will send for an automated shuttle to bring you our holodisk. Within it is a list of known galactic threats, and fellow spacefaring nations that we know of, with some information on all of them. As for the spacefaring nations, if you wish to contact them, I will notify you that in particular the Imperial Republic of Rutianas will not be receptive to contact as they are currently in a state of internal strife, and that the Dominion of Veridia Prime will also not be receptive to contact as they could be considered somewhat, ah, xenophobic, though they would admire your order, I am sure. Neither of those states are hostile, but it may be best to wait before attempting communications."

(OOC: I believe that my part in this RP is almost done. Are you going to contact others after this?)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

*Aboard the T.S.N. Lake Peipus the Order Captain grew increasingly alarmed by the previously unknown fleet that they were scanning. The scanners couldn't pinpoint weapons systems as they never registered the ship before but the crew of the Peipus discovered it was an insectoid like species, previously undiscovered. The Order Captain saw signs of combat but now the ships weren't shooting each other which meant one of two things. This was a First Contact misunderstanding or one of the factions was surrendering. Regardless of what was going on the Order Captain sent a message back to Livenstein.*

***Encryption: Critical***
To: Teutonic Supreme Command, Livenstein orbital platform Visby
Subject: Mission Report ***CLASSIFIED: EYES ONLY***

Contact made with Alpha Centauri. Witnessed engagement between Centuaran forces and previously undiscovered species. Scans performed on both military fleets and data sent back to command (See attachments). Execute Project: Crusade (Classification: Highest Priority). Will continue to monitor situation and will make contact with any of the two fleets should they hail the Peipus.

(Project: Crusade is a complete military buildup of space fleets. As of now the Ordenreich has only put minimal effort into fleet contraction but now all of my NS nation's military budget is being thrown behind fleet construction and research)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Meanwhile, Commander Aaron finally decides to take the time to shoot the Teutons a message while Talent Zhang discusses with the Polemarch.

"Teutonic vessel, I apologize for having taken so long to acknowledge your presence, but I am afraid that I was occupied with giving orders early. I am not sure why by Chiron you'd want to come here and stay in the midst of a battle in the first place but that's none of my concern. Just so you can understand the situation, we are currently engaging in diplomatic discussion with the head of their fleet. I urge you to return to your home port ASAP, you really have no reason to stay."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Though he is relieved things appeared to resolve themselves peacefully, the Star Destroyer continues to loom ominously nearby.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:51 pm

*Order Captain Aaron received a message from a Centuaran Commander and the Order Captain decided to respond.*

This is Order Captain Konrad Aaron of the T.S.N. Lake Peipus. Though we appreciate your civility in acknowledging our presence we, by no means, wish to intervene or interfere in your negotiations. Our sensors received massive power signatures coming from Alpha Centauri so we decided to investigate. Though we were curious why two fleets who were obviously engaging one another moments ago are now quiet. We now know thanks to you. With your permission we would wish to remain on sight and gather intelligence on this new fleet that has appeared in your system so that we may prepare for any future engagements, be them peaceful or violent, between the Ordenreich and this previously undiscovered race.

-Order Captain Konrad Aaron, T.S.N. Lake Peipus
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Commander Aaron replied, "Acknowledged, Order Captain Aaron. This is Commander of Fleets Andreus Aaron (that's sure to be confusing). You are permitted to stay for the time being though you are urged to leave at the first sight of trouble."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:23 pm

Order Captain Aaron: Roger that Commander we will mind our behavior while in the conflict zone. For sake of convenience I will be going by callsign Legion 1. Acknowledge?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 am

Commander Aaron replied, "Acknowledged, Legion One." He then went off comm to wait for news from the diplomatic front.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:36 pm

OOC: I will contact the others at later points, as for now I believe it is time for me to end my part in this roleplay. Everyone else can end their parts and make their exits.

"I thank you for this knowledge, we will be sure to contact the other civilizations at later points. However, our goals have been met here so my time as Polemarch is now over. Being such, it is the Hive's time to leave for home." the Princess said. "Our ships will remain here for perhaps a day scavenging through some of our destroyed ships to gather still working pieces. After that is done, we will be on our way. You will now be escorted out of our ship."

Over the next day Hive ships moved about the system searching the destroyed ships for working parts most particularly Slipspace Drives. Any destroyed ship with a fully functional Slipspace Drive had it removed. Ships with not working but intact slipspace drives were destroyed. Once the process was done a message was sent to Chiron stating so. The Hive ships then pointed themselves toward the Hive then simultaneously opened slipspace portals. In just a few moments they were gone from Alpha Centauri.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:47 pm

*The Ordenreich frigate spent the entire day recording and analyzing the new alien species known as the Hive. The crew took special notes on their slipspace drives and weapons systems as they were being salvaged and used by the Hive. When the last Hive ships departed from Alpha Centauri Legion 1 contacted the Centauran fleets.*

Order Captain Aaron: Legion 1 to Commander Aaron. We have completed the mission we set out to do here and are now returning to Livenstein. We appreciate your hospitality and your willingness to tolerate our presence during our mission. Godspeed in any future missions you might have. Legion 1 out.

*With that the T.S.N. Lake Peipus began breaking out of the gravity well that surrounded Alpha Centauri and began charging its slipspace drive*
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Noting the departure of the Hive fleet, the Star Destroyer departs, though a message would be sent asking for what happened.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 pm

After all this is done, the Planetary Governate finally makes a press release making what has transpired in the Centauri system clear.

Galactic NewsNet

Planetary Governate Reports on Establishment of Peace and Relations With New Species
(Source: Peacekeeper's Newslink)

After the events of the joint Centauri-Bastian military exercises where an unknown fleet appeared in the midst of the two fleets and was destroyed because it failed to respond to identification requests, a large fleet of the same make entered the Centauri system and attacked. After a request for aid, both the Rheans and the Bastians provided a few military vessels. The Centauri fleet and the allied fleet at large was initially on the defensive, protecting the region's infrastructure, but when a large portal appeared in a cruiser and destroyed it they were forced to go on the offensive. The invading fleet was being driven back when suddenly the comm officers of the UNS Charybdis made a breakthrough - there appeared to be some kind of communication going on, with messages being sent out from an odd vessel at the forefront of the fleet, and more importantly, they could be translated via the Universal Translator. Though the Centauri fleet could have pressed this tactical advantage, it was decided instead that they would try to properly communicate and ask for peace, as it was all caused by misunderstanding in first contact.

When such a message was sent, a favorable reply was received and the invading fleet said that they would receive a delegate in one of their ships. Talent Nancy Zhang went abroad their vessel and spoke to a being known as the "Polemarch", of a polity that went by "The Hive". Unlike Chiron's Human Hive, The Hive actually is a very accurate description of their society and is no metaphor. The Hive is made up of roughly a trillion (and growing) beings residing in the orange areas highlighted in the map attached to this newslink. The first encounter, as it turned out, occurred as a result of a fleet of Hive vessels looking towards this area for inhabitable worlds. Upon their destruction due to the misunderstanding, the Hive command sent their fleet to Chiron to, as to quote their Polemarch, "to get the message through that the Hive should not be messed with then and to seek peace or leave your civilization in ruins and populate your world." However, despite the attempt at intimidation, Talent Nancy Zhang managed to respond firmly and still establish peace with the Hive. Though to some extent they appear threatening, they do not seem outwardly hostile and the Planetary Governate hopes that it can enter in a peaceful relationship with The Hive. Should any government request more information, the Planetary Governate will provide what it can.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:06 pm

The Quadrumvirate, in response to the frank statements of "seek peace or die," drafted a statement read by Chancellor of the Leggaland Union, Giosue Carducci, to the press.
"We welcome our new brethren in the Hive to our community and wish you peace and prosperous trade with the Confederation States of Rhea." He goes on in this vein for some time. "However, do not mistake our warm embrace as a sign of weakness. Any threat to Rhea, its colonies, or its trade partners and allies will not be tolerated. You would do well to learn the example of Telos before you ever decide to pose an existential threat to the survival of the Rhean people."

(OOC: Telos was Sith-owned planet they used as a war-droid factory. It was bombarded and its surface was completely destroyed in twelve hours in retaliation for the destruction of Cronus and Taris by the Sith. By destroyed, I mean all water was vaporized, the atmosphere was dispersed, and the entire surface was buried in at least a meter of molten slag. As much as I wanted to do a whole long post describing a meeting between officers saying they should BDZ the Hive, I decided it'd be easier to just have them state that publicly as a potential retaliation for attacks.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:16 pm

The Triumvirate, in response to the recent events and the new found knowledge of a new species, released its own statement. Though the statement would not entirely come as a surprise to some, it would be one of the first truly aggressive statements made by the Veridians since their ascent into the Galactic Community.

The Dominion of Veridia Prime congratulates the people of Alpha Centauri for their recent victory in protecting their planetary interests along with their freedoms. However, that they did not completely deal with this new threat to civilized space is something of a concern for the Dominion. The Civilized must be protected at all costs and the Dominion will stand firm in its belief in protecting civilization from chaos, where ever it may manifest. We can only hope that the best interest of all civilized space was met and that this scourge does not prove itself to be a bigger threat to the galaxy than the Centauri have so far accessed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contact: The Hive   Contact: The Hive - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3