Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC: The Hive Introduction RP

Go down 
+2
Burnination
Delt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Delt

Delt

OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Empty
PostSubject: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:58 pm

So for this Rp I have had the idea of sending out some sort of exploration party (which would be almost exclusively made up of military Ahlgren) to an area near one of your empires. This way we'd be forced to find some sort of communication or battle it out right there.

So for the communication bit of it given that my species communicate through telepathy they will be using radio communication exclusively for communicating with The Military Command. However given the nature of how the telepathy works, A female Ahlgren (most likely to be a Princess in this RP) should be able to have her telepathy jump through a radio signal and into the mind of whoever is sending it. She will suddenly get a burst of knowledge from said person and understand the person, species, and empire that sent it. However the complication in this is that the Princesses mind is not powerful enough to communicate with a non-Ahlgren. So we will attempt to show in someway that we are in peace while you will most likely be preparing to open fire on the strange aliens.

Oh and for the beginning of the RP I may take a post or two to get to the part where someone will be needed.

So anybody want to do this with me? It think this will turn out to be quite an interesting scenario.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:23 pm

I might, but Burninites have intrinsic resistance to telepathy/mental contact as a result of their endless need to avoid Slaaneesh, their god of death.

The only other problem would be that the Burninite response to meeting you would probably be to disappear. Especially in their current state.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Sure, I'm willing to.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:44 pm

I wouldn't mind. The Centauri are rather invasion-wary at the moment as a result of being the first targets of the Sith, so they would probably attack with very slight provocation.

ALTHOUGH, I do have people who are capable of telepathy, so it might be possible that they might get stopped just before opening fire.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:34 pm

So... I'm confused (not about the RP I think its an awesome idea). I want to be a part of this RP but do I have to form another nation for a space RP or what?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Unfortunately, yes, being that this is a Future Tech RP.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:33 am

FT is kinda stalled.

I hope Rut is ok.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:34 am

Do you guys have any idea of how to get this RP to involve everybody?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 8:22 am

Perhaps you could make it so that they come as a large wave, which directs the attention of most of the galaxy? (With the exception of Rutianas, which is going though internal problems.)
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm

I guess that could work, but Im not seeing an exploration party being too big. Perhaps I could meet with one of you guys first then be introduced later on to all of you. Or maybe some military exercises could be going on between you guys when I show up... I like that one.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:08 pm

I suppose that would work. A mutual defense drill, possibly?
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Yea. So who wants to then do the drills with Sela?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm

I suppose I could use the Bastians for that.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Alright. Is there anybody else who wants in on this?
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm

I am a bit eager to start this so I believe I'm going to close the signup for it (unless somebody really wants in). I will rename this topic to whatever I name the RP and I will most likely continue to post in this topic for important notes.

And the first of which will be:

NOTE:
I said before that I'd probably do a couple of posts before it was time for somebody else to step in, I have rethought that and I think after I post sela and panzer should make a post about their military exercises. Following that I will make the appearance and from there it will be more 'go with the flow'
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:21 pm

It's probably better to just start a new thread and separate IC and OOC posts, actually, it would keep things a bit cleaner. You can just put OOC notes inside your IC posts whenever necessary.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Well I was planning to do a new thread for the IC, but OOC I wanted to keep in this thread. I suppose though if its a sentence or two it would be fine in the topic. I just want to avoid papragraphs of OOC in the IC topic.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Kinda want to play, but that setup won't work at all for the burninites to be reasonably involved, so I won't jump in unless there is a valid way for me to do so.

Have fun though!
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Well if you see a chance for you to get in and it would complement the RP, then by all means, hop in.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Certainly will Wink.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:14 pm

NOTE:

The RP has started.

I would also like to point out that I ran out of time earlier and could not finish all of what I intended to write. In my next post I will continue with the time line of my last post until I finish what I wanted to finish, then I will move a couple weeks forward which will be happening at the same time as Sela's post.

So basically my post and half of my next one will be a few weeks in the past.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Is Panzer around? It is his turn to post in the RP.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 9:04 pm

I think he's posting soon, he made a post on the maps thread that said he was a bit busy at the moment. I'm sure he's aware of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:14 am

I'm aware of things. Typing up instructions on precisely what to extract from NV .BSA files is a pain, especially if you're porting over nearly everything. See:
Item Form IDs
NV BSA Extraction Instructions
Yes, typing all that was a pain in the butt. I promise to get to all three RPs tomorrow. I just made the final touches today and released it on RapidShare for my testers. Thankfully, I caught some of my mistakes before releasing.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 5:51 pm

Alright, yeah no problem then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: The Hive Introduction RP   OOC: The Hive Introduction RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC: The Hive Introduction RP
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next