Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yet Another New Map

Go down 
+2
Panzersharkcat
Selathorn
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Delt

Delt

Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:07 pm

Wait I think you have this wrong. Its just gonna be a topic for people to post their own maps. There isnt going to be one big map for everyone to look at.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, I was thinking that each person who wants to do one of these would just post their own thread for their own map.
Back to top Go down
Delt

Delt

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:48 pm

That is possible too, but that would make a lot of threads that would clutter the Map forum, which is why I suggested this be done in one topic.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:00 pm

Alright, then, I'll post the thread.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:09 am

So... I would like to join this RP. Could someone message me how exactly to sign up and where do I post. Also in the message could you answer whether it is possible or not for my RP nation to be human (since I might be in another part of the galaxy)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:35 am

You could be human. It'd just raise the question of why there are so many humans around when I established the existence of several dozen NPC species. You just post in the thread that Delt or whoever starts that thread makes. See some of our others. Really, it's the same as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm

But I was planning to make it so the humans I create come from the same stock as my nation in the Fallout Earth RP but in a different part of the galaxy. Could that be RP'd?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:00 pm

^ Sure, you could do any number of things. This galaxy has so many races of "humans" from different timelines and realities that it's unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Mhm. It'd be a nightmare trying to figure it all out, though. If I'm reading you right, some Sacaens decided to go into space?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:23 pm

I interpreted it as a group of distinct people but with the same kind of genetic makeup and culture as the Sacaens, who are in space for some contrived reason like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Sorry for my delay on this, I really am trying not to be so sluggish with my activity.

my map spot:

While I'd love to have bigger territory, I imagine it'll be a lot more fun to RP it than just ask for it now. So for now I'll remain solely with Veridia Prime, being relatively in the same location as it was on the last map, well actually its a bit off from the original map but I think I like this location better. Remote, yet still in the neighbor so to speak ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Well I was thinking since...

In the old RP back in Celtic Lands I talked about how my nation sent out exploration ships to explore all of the Celtic Lands remaining land. I never mentioned it again so I could RP that this exploration fleet managed to find another stargate that led to another planet. I won't RP my nation on earth finding its counterpart in space for convenience and fairness but what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm not really convinced that that group could really bootstrap themselves into space so fast, though, unless you had them sent back in time too (which has already been done by Veridia Prime).
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Well space era technology had already been present in my nation back in Celtic Lands. My nation already had satellites and orbit to ground lasers. I could say the planet my space versions of Sacaens start out on had the resources needed to pursue a space program but only had a very limited amount of it so the space program had to be able to establish mining colonies on local worlds soon. That or I could attempt to make contact with another space faring species
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah, but making the jump from some satellites and mining colonies to an interstellar empire should be difficult, to say the very least. I just really can't see things making sense the way you described them.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:13 am

The problem would be going from below light speed travel like as in satellites to FTL travel, Sacae.

Your story can remain pretty much intact except add a 'back in time' element for realism.

(Which is kinda funny. Adding time travel adds to realism :p.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:55 pm

lol Plus if a stargate is involved it can easily be worked into the equation.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:27 am

Selathorn wrote:
Yeah, but making the jump from some satellites and mining colonies to an interstellar empire should be difficult, to say the very least. I just really can't see things making sense the way you described them.

Oh you misunderstood me guess I should clarify. I only plan on having one planet for my space guys initially
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:19 am

Yeah, but then I don't think that you would really be able to interact with us all that readily. Even if you only want to have one planet, I recommend the whole time travel thing so you can start out with enough technology to really do something.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:45 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of my guys need to get to space quickly because the new planet I am on has little resources. By the time my guys have a fair number of mining facilities and such on planets in my system one of your empires stumbles into mine and uplifts my guys
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm not sure if any of us would really want to do that though, because the galaxy has recently been embroiled in a major war and none of us have the resources to devote to that. Generally we do very little of the whole uplifting thing in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:31 pm

Hmmm well if there's a stargate on the planet the Veridians could discover them.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Possibly, though I certainly can't see the xenophobic Veridians uplifting anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 1:06 am

Hmm ... ok so run this time travel thing by me one more time? I'm a little confused
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 2:48 pm

The idea was that your people would discover the other Stargate in the Celtic Lands, but be sent back thousands of years in time when they enter and forced to build from the ground up as they could not return through the Stargate on their planet. By the current time they would have enough technology to travel into space but they would retain their own distinct Sacaen culture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet Another New Map   Yet Another New Map - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet Another New Map
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Map-
Jump to: