Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:53 pm

I think I might have the Konarian name be Steelorigin, or something along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:56 pm

And then we'll have lots of fun trying to figure out what the other is saying. Hurray, language barriers.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 11:26 am

Also, how did there end up having humans there? Crashed colonists from the same group of people that eventually formed the Rheans and the Sith?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm

And maybe there is still some wreckage left that is what inspired the Konarians to create an empire of steel? On another note, maybe the Blolrans were the native sentient inhabitants who originally hid from the humans, and the elves and dwarves are humans who had genetic modifications done to them before leaving?
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Blolrans are essentially nagas, and saying that they were native to the planet works fine. There's also no reason that elves or dwarves can't simply be related to the Blolrans, diverging from a common ancestor when the Blolrans took to the seas.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 4:33 pm

That throws human/elven hybrids out, though. Nephilim, Vahnatai, and Slithzerikai are also native to Ermarian, then. I assume the same with the Troglodytes and Hill Giants and stuff like gremlins and goblins. Somewhere, they might be able to find rusted blaster rifles with no real idea of what they do. We're going with it, then?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I suppose that would work. And maybe something about the blaster rifles inspired the creation of magic from the inherent magical energy of P'Taria, or something? Would explain why some races are more magically inclined then others.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:00 pm

It wouldn't really rule that out. Unless Humans and Elves are reproductively isolated from each other. In which case it would.

I'm cool with whatever is decided though.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:20 am

@Burn: It would since they evolved from distinctly different gene lines and they only look alike because of convergent evolution. It'd be the same reason Superman and Lois Lane can never have children.

@Sela: That and what people remember of the Force. It is simply manipulating the Force in a different way. There was one quote that said the ways of the Jedi and Sith are simply two cups in the massive river that is the Force.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:52 pm

I guess that works, too. And perhaps there are a few mystical artifacts that are really barely functional pieces of advanced technology lying around?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 pm

It's what I'm going with to explain how the Jedi and Green Lanterns can exist at the same time. And yeah, we could go with that.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Come to think of it, since I'm planning on integrating some Elder Scrolls stuff, namely the shouts, we should probably have an isolated island north of Konosis. This is mostly to explain certain abilities of Darth Valefar.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 pm

The Konarian homeland as well, possibly?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I'm thinking an offshoot of the Konarians because I'm definitely planning on there being the ruins of a Star Destroyer there.
Back to top Go down
south-zot109land

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 am

ok im out of here because of the fantasy element , ....
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Apologies, Zot, but Terraneus was somewhat needless for us. And are we still going to continue this, or...?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah. Should I start a prequel thread on the meeting of the two Empires or do you want to?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 pm

You can, if you want.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:13 pm

How would you feel about an RP based on hunting down some artifact thieves?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:25 pm

I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Alright. I'll start thinking up things to get stolen and how.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Maybe the Konarians get involved when they try to steal some of the traditional heirlooms of the Konaras Dynasty?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

That, too. I was thinking of them trying to escape from Ermarian jurisdiction but that works, too.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:41 pm

Actually, do you want to write it instead? I'm kind of busy with my own schoolwork.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

I guess I could, it being Spring Break and all, but it would be awkward for me to do it since they are your thieves and I can't write them the way you have them in your head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)   OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC: General PT Discussion (Previously: Rethinking P'Taria & Scrapping Terraneus)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next