Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Si Fueris Vegas

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 am

Tex gets a gleam in his eye at the thought. He turns to Arcade.

Before Tex can say a word, Arcade speaks up. "Just don't go anywhere dangerous."

Tex rolls his eyes. "Okay, okay. I'll stay away from the quarry."

Arcade narrows his eyes. "I'm serious."

Tex frowns, then nods. "Alright, Cade. I'll go hunt up molerats, radroaches, and radscorpions. Maybe some ants too."

Arcade nods, then looks at the man in black. "Make sure he sticks to that promise."

Tex coughs to hide a laugh. He's a bit amused at this, but he doesn't say anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:22 pm

"I will." He gets up to leave, picking up his alien atomizer and the MTS-400. He disassembles the Tiger Malayan, as well. He also puts away the Tiger Sumatran. He considered it a mostly useless weapon, anyway. He goes down to fetch the others.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 pm

Once Tex is away from Arcade, he begins chuckling. "I want to test this out at the quarry. Just tell Cade I played it safe." Oh he is devious.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 pm

He smiles a bit. He pulls out a few devices and hands them out to everybody. "Protection." They finish preparing. Helena is wearing her old Huntress outfit and is carrying her crossbow. Raphael is just wearing desert camouflage. He just has his Glock 20.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Tex looks at the device he's been handed. He raises a brow questioningly. He sets it aside while getting the new rifle settled in place of the old one across his back, right where he can get at it quickly. He looks at the other two. "Hopefully you won't tell Cade where we've been either. Just out hunting a few of the lesser dangerous fauna. Just happened to stumble across something a little more dangerous while wandering around." He shrugs. "Cade worries too much."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:00 pm

They smile. Helena says, "I've always wanted to bag a Deathclaw." They all strap the devices onto themselves. She looks at the man in black. "Seraph?"

"Yes, your highness?"

"You should probably explain what these are."

"They are force field generators. They activate when you are in danger. This sort of device saved the Commander's life during that assassination attempt."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Tex smirks. "Well, I know just the place." He doesn't bother with the force field generator. He hands it back. "Don't like cheatin' death." He shrugs, then looks back at Helena. "We've tried to wipe them out, but they like the quarry. Can't seem to get rid of them. Then again, they normally get pissed when you shoot at them, so be ready to run like all hell and findin' another spot to shoot from."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm

"Your funeral." They go forth and head for Quarry Junction.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 8:27 pm

Tex laughs and shakes his head. "Not really. I've done this quite a bit. Hit 'em just right and you can kill 'em with the first hit. Takes a lot of luck though. Most of the time, I stay far enough back that by the time they get half way to me, they're dead." He shrugs with a smile. "I've only ever been hit by one once. I blew the fucker's head off afterward. It roared at me. I stuck my shotgun in it's mouth. Pulled the trigger." He grins.

There's no problem getting to the quarry. Tex climbs up to a high point and settles in. From here, the deathclaws look tiny and are completely unaware of any trespassers. They're actually still munching on the last traveler or two that got close to the quarry.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Helena, also on a high point, fires and nails one right in the eye. The Seraph sets up his turret and keeps watch. Same with the Chancellor.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Tex takes a moment to get used to the new rifle. He's careful with lining up the scope and finally lets the first shot fly. He wasn't bragging about his skill. He hits the deathclaw in the back of the neck, taking the head off in the process.

After the two shots, the remaining deathclaws start to hunt for the snipers that have targeted them.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

It also set the damn thing on fire. She starts moving a bit closer. She fires two bolts in quick succession, shooting one of the deathclaws in each of its hands. Yes, she just gave it a stigmata. She moves away to a different position.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Tex doesn't react to the deathclaw being set on fire. He just surveys the area and picks another target. He lines up the scope again and fires again. Not as direct a hit, but the fire finishes the deathclaw off. He's having a good time with this.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:28 pm

She puts another two bolts into the legs of the deathclaw she shot.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Tex finally has to move as he's been spotted. He's pretty quick, used to carrying a rifle. He's able to get clear before any deathclaws get close enough to follow him. He sets up again, this time much quicker than before. He takes down the two that came sniffing around his previous position.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 10:02 pm

She finally finishes off the one she was toying with, putting a bolt into its throat.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 9:29 pm

After a good half hour of hunting, the remaining Deathclaws actually take cover. There is some intelligence there. They do know when they're outmatched.

Tex stays out of their direct sight as he comes down from his spot and away from the quarry. He's well aware that if the deathclaws see them, they will go on the attack again. He waits there for the others. A couple minutes into waiting, he pulls his handgun, rather than the rifle, turns, and starts firing at a gecko that had just barely come into view. Yeah, he's got very good perception. He can tell the difference between human footsteps and critter footsteps.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:49 am

If he was using the Tiger Bali, which is slower on the trigger than a normal 10mm pistol, every hit electrocutes the gecko for a few seconds. Helena expresses disappointment the deathclaws left.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Regular gun. Headshot too. It twitches even though it's head is gone.

Tex smirks at Helena. "Yeah, I know. They're nice huntin'." He scans the area surrounding them. "Might have trouble. Fiends-wannabes or Jackals. Can't tell which." He motions toward the west. There looks to be some kind of activity. "Hell, it could even be Powder Gangers. They're too far out." He looks back at the others. "We should get back to the Strip."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:36 pm

They nod. The Seraph folds the MTS-400 back into mine form. If he feels those Fiend-wannabes or whatever are coming too close for comfort, he's chucking that at them and activating it for a nice surprise.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Tex, of course, is quick. He's used to the terrain. He heads for the Strip by way of Freeside. Only way in other than McCarran. Either way, no one who's non-violent will bother them. The raiders, however, would. Tex does pull his rifle free while moving. Just in case.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

The Seraph keeps his Atomizer secure in his coat. The others wear their weapons openly. If Arcade asks, they will say they were hunting geckos. Helena even skinned one.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Before they get in view of Freeside, two geckos decide to make their moves. One of them is spotted by Tex and shot at. He can't hit every time and misses the first. The second, however, decided to come up from behind, leaping at the group.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Helena shoots a bolt right into its mouth and through its spinal cord. It still lands on her, but it's dead. She tosses it off and starts skinning it.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:57 pm

The second one still comes running. Tex takes another shot and clips it in the arm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Si Fueris Vegas   Si Fueris Vegas - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Si Fueris Vegas
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next