Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:47 pm

(OOC: No, it's not shielded from their teleporters.)

Shein nods. "I'm sure she is." That's all he can get out before Jenova, Thorgood, and Olaf appear.

Arren sighs. "Again, hold still!" He's trying to tend to the wounds, then gives up and lets Jenova do it. "Have at it, but he won't stay still."

Shein leans back in his chair. He starts to rub at his temples, then winces and focuses on only the right one. The one not injured. "I didn't have a choice, Jenova. If I'd sent any messages, they'd have zeroed in on me immediately. I had to make the broadcast tricky to locate, so we ran it through the communications relay in orbit on Dreva. I figured you'd be looking. When I saw the broadcast of my so-called execution, I knew that there would be questions. I figured you'd go to Lucas for help. I didn't know if he could trace it, but when you didn't show up, I figured he couldn't, or wasn't looking. Fortunately, you sent someone here."

Olaf is obviously relieved, but doesn't say anything.

Shein looks toward Thorgood with a faint smile. "However, I am completely surprised that you couldn't trace that signal." He doesn't seem to be teasing either. "If there's anyone that can get a one up on Lucas, it's you." He looks back to Jenova. "I was actually hoping to remain underground for a little longer. However, the Rheans were starting to poke at the hornet's nest. Those who took control are isolationists. They're not going to want anyone sniffing around, nor will they allow it. I'd advise you to stay out of areas that they currently control. They won't ask questions. They'll just shoot." He's silent for a moment, then frowns. "Oh, could you warn the Rheans about that? I've been shut out of the Rutian communications system for the moment and I haven't been able to hack in yet."
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Thorgood's face is inscrutable, in introspection.

Jenova smiles when Shein mentions he knew she'd contact Lucas.

She has no trouble; these new battlekits don't seem to require that one remains still. The lacerations vanish, but as a side effect, Shein may feel hungry, or slightly tired, as some of his own energy was used to create new cells.

"You could have sent someone though," she responds. "You could have come directly to us even."

"You know he couldn't. Not and preserve who he is," Thorgood tells her. Jenova pauses.

"I can contact the Rheans," Jenova says, "but given that they're already messing with the new regime, I'm pretty sure they already know what not to do. I'm worried that the lines we have set up with the Rheans aren't secure. We never had the same level of trust and communication with them," Jenova explains. "As for our own vessels, no armed vessel will enter Rutian space as of now," she says, pressing some buttons on her commlink. "I cannot forbid merchant vessels from travel through Rutian space."

Thorgood has his own commlink out, probably contacting the Rheans to warn them in code.

Jenova steps back and examines Shein. More softly, "Where is Kennah?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Shein nods to Thorgood with a little more of a smile. "Precisely." He looks back to Jenova. "If I wouldn't have run while facing guns that there was no defense against, I wouldn't have come directly to you. I had to stay with my own people. Arren busted me out of the Citadel and we took the Raptor into orbit. From there, we designed what we were going to do. We met with another ship, then destroyed the Raptor and came here." He pauses. "Kennah and the children are safe. I hope. They're on Sikarra. Kennah is accepted there among the desert folk. They've assured me that they will hide her." He breaks off as a soldier enters. Shein is handed a datapad, which he glances at. "Seems my appearance has already had an effect. Several systems have voiced support of me, but not as many core systems as I'd have hoped for. Andian and Devor for certain, that's where Dreva and Rutia are located. The independents all went for me. Two are holding out, it seems." He sighs. "This is what I was afraid of. The majority of the core planets did side with the military." He stifles a yawn.

Arren moves to Shein's side. "He should rest some. He's been on the go for quite some time."

Shein shakes his head. "I'm fine, Arren. I'd like to just sit here and talk for a while. I'm about to be in the fight of my life, and for my life, and for my Empire. I may not have a chance like this again for a while."

Arren just shakes his head, though it's more of an amused movement. "Selfish bastard."

Shein actually smiles. "Arrogant asshole."

Arren rolls his eyes, but smirks. "Just tell me when you get tired enough to sleep."

Shein nods and turns back to Jenova. "I would have sent her to you, but I wasn't sure if she would be intercepted. With the way things are now, she's safer in a place where conditions are murderous already, but where she knows how to survive and the rest of the military looking for her doesn't. This way, they also can't claim that you were in any way involved. The last thing I want is for another galactic war to break out. As much as I hate to see Rutian fighting Rutian, this is my fight and must remain my fight. Jenova, you have to understand and warn your ships. Military or civilian. Armed or unarmed. That military will not care. They will attack and they will give no warning. If your merchant ships do enter into any territory controlled by them, please do not fault me for what will occur. This was a part of our history before and it's entering into it again. We've been isolationist before and we didn't give warning before firing. I can assure you, they won't either."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 am

Jenova's features are quite controlled when Shein answers about Kennah, stifling relief. She probably suspected something else, given Kennah's reaction to the Sith invasion.

"Oh the warning is out," Jenova says, "but I haven't the power to enforce anything. At most, one merchant will try it, be attacked, and either escape or be destroyed, and no others will follow."

"And we'd never suggest going up against the Rutian military voluntarily," Thorgood says. "But there are quite a few mothballed weapons that wouldn't be missed. And there is quite a budget surplus this year, though somehow all of the surplus never ends up in the government's coffers."

Khaine looks at Shein. "You know, when the Motherland was invaded by Rhea, we held onto Burnination for over three months. The first week, I slept a grand total of two hours. The second week, I was so wracked by fever, I could hardly function."

"How many tranquilizers do you think it would take?" Jenova asks Arren, eying Shein. It's only half a joke.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Arren smirks. "Right now, I'd say less than a tenth of a normal dose, but then again, he's always been a bit of a lightweight."

Shein just shakes his head, though he's got a little bit of a smile. He nods to Jenova. "I just hope that it doesn't take even one." He did seem to notice the reaction, or lack thereof, to Kennah's location. "I'd like to think that Kennah didn't sell me out. Okay? I don't know who sent the communique to the isolationists. I only know that someone gave my location to them. I sent her and the children separately to Sikarra. I don't really even know if they got there. I have to believe that they did."

Arren is silent on this issue, but he does look at a soldier in the room who scoots out afterward.

Shein looks at Thorgood. "Oh, I know, but if there's too many incursions into isolationist space, they're not going to sit back and stay silent. I'm going to do my damnedest to keep them occupied elsewhere though." He smirks at Khaine. "Oh, believe me, that's nothing. I survived being stabbed in the chest, pronounced dead, and a coma afterward. Not to mention nearly being turned into something downright creepy later on. Lack of sleep and a fever is a cakewalk compared to that." He seems amused actually.

The isolationists aren't wasting any time it would seem. They've begun an assault on Rutia with ground forces and fighters. The system went with Shein, though there were dissenters among them. Those loyal to Shein are overrun in the rural districts. The city of Rutia, however, manages to repel the isolationists. Trenches are built and fighters circle the city. Rutia is under siege. Very little information is relayed out except for communications that are not encrypted from the isolationists claiming to have taken Rutia from the traitors to the Imperial Republic. The communications are signed by Emperor Alek Hoffmann.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 3:29 pm

(Encrypted)

To: Jenova

Any word on how Shein is? I know he's alive but how beaten up is he? I suspect he could really use a dunking in a bacta tank.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 pm

"You missed my point," Khaine says, holding up a finger to forestall Thorgood. "Not sleeping now won't change much, but it could cost you later."

Thorgood thinks better of whatever he was about to say after a glance at Shein. Jenova raises her eyebrow at him, wondering what he's planning, but her commlink buzzes and she shifts her attention.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Dmitri

Many words on how Shein is, in fact. If he needs you, we'll call you. ('We' more likely meaning 'me,' since the man wouldn't call for help if both his legs were broken.)

He does warn that any Rhean ship traveling through space held by his adversaries is likely to be attacked, if you didn't get Thorgood's probably poorly-coded message before.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:44 pm

(Encrypted)

Yeah, we got the message. Still, if he's badly hurt, there's a bacta tank available for him on the Gantrithor. A dip in there for a day at most and he'll be up and running again.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:19 pm

Shein actually grins. "Point taken. I'll rest later." He looks ready to say something else, but a soldier barges through the door.

"Sir! Rutia is under siege. The rest of the planet has fallen." He looks almost crestfallen.

Shein takes a deep breath, then sighs. "So much for rest." He stands up, though ends up right back in the chair.

Arren frowns as he moves to hopefully not have to catch Shein. He seems somewhat relieved when Shein lands back in the chair. "Oh, no you don't. You're going to give orders. They're going to follow them. You're going to sleep."

Shein frowns up at Arren. "No, you're going to give me a stimulant and I'm going to fight."

"Like hell you are!" Arren's frown deepens. "Shein, look. He's right." He motions toward Khaine. "If you run yourself ragged, you'll be no good to anyone. You won't even be able to give orders because you won't be able to think straight."

Shein doesn't look ready to back down, but he does look at the soldier. "We're not going to go for a full assault. Instead, I want guerilla tactics. Hit and run only. Hit their supply lines. They want to put Rutia under siege, we're going to put them under siege. I want minimal losses and maximum damage."

The soldier nods, turning to leave, thinking everything is over.

"But try to keep lives lost to a minimum, on both sides." Shein leans back in his chair.

"That may not be possible." Arren points out.

Shein sighs. "Just try."

The soldier nods again. "We'll try." He starts to leave again.

"Send out a call for anyone who's willing to fight against the isolationist army. Well, anyone that makes their home in the Imperial Republic." Shein nods as he finishes speaking.

Arren shrugs, then nods to the soldier.

The soldier nods. "Will do, Sir." He starts to turn, but stops and looks back at Shein. "If I may say so, sir, it's damned good to see you alive, but they're right. We need you alert. We'll handle the situation at Rutia while you get some rest." He sounds relieved.

Shein nods to the soldier, a small smile there. "Dismissed, soldier."

The soldier nods and leaves the room.

Arren looks at Jenova. "Wanna give him a sedative, or should I knock him out?"

Shein immediately looks up at Arren. "Hey now, I think I can go to sleep just fine on my own."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 pm

Jenova grins. "I think when his soldiers start telling him to go to sleep, he realizes it's time to go to sleep. Though Dmitri says that if you want, he can have you in something called a 'bacta tank' which he claims will be helpful."

"In the meantime," Thorgood says, "I'll get to making it more difficult for the rebels to wage their campaign."

"How?" Jenova asks.

"I'm thinking that a little network manipulation might screw with their supply deliveries a bit, maybe misplace some troops or something. Can't do anything big without being caught, but I can definitely be annoying."

Jenova nods to him, and he vanishes in the signature ray of light accompanying a Burninite teleporter.

"Before we go for now," Jenova says to Arren, "Take this." She holds out her palm, and a small, metal button appears. It's identical to the one that Khaine used to summon her before, though a bit smaller. "We'll come if we're called for."

"I'll stay here," Khaine says, "see if there's anything an old Field Marshall can contribute."

Jenova nods to him as well, and vanishes herself. The Spotlight disappears from orbit.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:43 pm

Shein shakes his head to the offer of a bacta tank. "No thanks. I'll heal the old fashioned way." He smirks. "Though if you have to drag me off the battlefield and I'm unconscious, I won't fault you for sticking me in a tank." He smirks, then nods to Thorgood. "Sounds good. Thank you." He looks back to Jenova after Thorgood disappears. "Might have Lucas screw with them too." He grins. "Give him something fun to do. Tell him I need communications access too. He might be able to get me something."

Arren takes the device and puts it in his pocket. "Thank you."

Both Shein and Arren look at Khaine when he offers to stay. Shein grins at him. "Oh, I'm sure we can think of something for you to do. I'm going to take the advice everyone has been giving me and go get some sleep. Come up with some strategies and we'll discuss them later." And with that, Arren helps Shein up and out of the room.

Rutia - In Orbit

Sirens start up as Imperial Republic forces start hammering away at the blockade around the planet. It's chaos over there. No one seems to know where to go or what to do. Eventually they call a retreat to regroup.

On the planet, fighters appear and bomb the siege lines. In camps set up around the planet, those loyal to Shein start being executed for treason. These executions are sent out on a low level broadcast designed to fade out just before it leaves Rutian territory. The Rutian News Net headquarters in Rutia tries to break through the communications blackout on the planet to send the footage further in a distress call. They are, unfortunately, unsuccessful. It will take someone being in Rutian space to pick up the footage.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:54 pm

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Lucas

Shein suggested that I offer you something both fun and constructive to do. He wants access to the rebel's communications.

Also, Thorgood (if you remember him) is messing with the rebels by hacking in and changing minor details in orders and requisitions. He keeps the changes small to avoid detection, but Shein thinks you can do better.

Sincerely,
Jenova

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Khaine truly is an old field marshal. He doesn't come up with any new strategies, that's a job for the young and crafty. But if he's allowed in the war room, he will comment, add to, or give feedback on the things Shein's people come up with.

When he gets wind of the executions though, he contacts Jenova immediately.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Lucas

We have intel that the rebels are broadcasting executions, but only within a specific area to avoid international fallout.

It would be really cool if that broadcast 'accidentally' was broadcast a bit further, now wouldn't it?

Sincerely,
Jenova

PS: I know I'm asking a lot of you, so be careful, OK? Don't go get yourself caught!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

In the meantime, Thorgood attempts to get details on where the executions are occurring, so that they can come up with a way to disrupt them.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Righty-o! I'll get him access. Though without him having access to any communications at all, it won't help. I'll just get him that too.

I remember Thorgood. Probably the only guy with an ego to challenge mine! Or maybe even bigger. Yeah, if he gets caught in their systems, let me know. I'll make them trace it back to me instead. It'll keep you guys in the clear. I don't mind them thinking I'm to blame.

-Lucas

Oh, they'll let Khaine into the war room. In fact, that's where he'd see those broadcasts. They stop everyone cold. It's dead silent except for the sound from the broadcast. At least until someone cries out. "Bastards! Those cold blooded bastards!"

Lucas gets the second message and frowns. He starts in on his computer to find the requested footage. Once he finds it, he downloads some of it, then sends it out through the Esoterran communications network to anyone who cares to watch.

Done. Had to hack into their system to find it though. They were really low on power with it. Didn't even reach us.

-Lucas

Arren shows up in the war room shortly after the broadcast. It's clear he's been notified. He heads over to Khaine. "Shein's asleep. Not a moment too soon either. I'm not going to hide this from him forever, but the next twelve hours at least would be good. That way he doesn't get all gung ho on us." He turns to a soldier. "I want ground troops on Rutia. I want to know where these executions are taking place and I want them stopped."

The soldier nods. "We're already on it."

Arren turns back to Khaine. "What sucks about this is that it'll be called justified by Rutian law. What doubly sucks is that they'd be right. I'm going to have to talk to Shein about that clause in the law."

Dreva

Similar tactics begin on Dreva. The Isolationist forces come in in one fell swoop and take what they can by force, putting holdout areas under siege. An immediate communications blackout is enforced before the slightest distress call can be made. Those captured are summarily executed for treason.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:47 pm

The illegitimate, in Rhean eyes, government of Rutianas is condemned once more. They broadcast the footage and they broadcast it "loudly." They also recommend that their citizens return to Rhea or a friendlier world. Hundreds of thousands start fleeing the Rutian systems.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Burnination officially condemns the isolationist rebel faction's executions, but takes no further official action.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Khaine, who looked away to avoid seeing the deaths on screen ("Never watch a death you don't have to"), nods in understanding to Arren.

"If you find the location that prisoners are being held before being executed, I can suggest to the ProtoConsul that we have a Craftworld simply beam them all to safety at once if you'd like."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Emperor Alek Hoffmann, Rutianas

We would like to come to an agreement which would allow us to send a convoy into your territory to take all Burninite citizens still on your planets back home.

Please respond.

Sincerely,
ProtoConsul Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:22 pm

Arren nods. "If we find out, we'll have you help in pulling them out." He's also stopped watching. "They're on a time delay. I can't stop them from happening."

On all Isolationist controlled worlds, foreign citizens are being rounded up now. They're being taken to camps, but they're not among those being executed. They're not even being mistreated, but footage is shown of that. This one doesn't need Lucas to snag it either. There's enough power behind it. There's even a message in there from Alek himself. "Oppose us and all prisoners will face immediate execution. We do have two Graviton missiles and, seeing as how we wish no interference from outsiders, we will not hesitate to use them."

Now that stops Arren up short. "Fuck!" That's usually Shein's line, but since he's passed out, Arren might as well deliver it. "Confirm that! They were held on Dreva." He's in action now.

The soldier at communications just shakes his head. "I get no response from Dreva. It's like it's not even there anymore." He looks up at Arren.

Arren has gone completely dead on the outside. He glances toward the door, clearly trying to decide whether or not to go wake Shein over this bit of news.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm

The Burninite Official News Channel, usually silent, exercises its executive authority, and supersedes all Burninite broadcasting networks to broadcast. On screen, it's Thorgood's face.

"Countrymen, I'm sorry for interrupting everything, but there is some information that we have that you all need to know regarding the recent upheaval in the good republic of Rutianas, and specifically dealing with the recent statements issued by the rebel Emperor Alek Hoffman.

"Firstly, this man claims that the rebel faction has two Graviton missiles, capable of destroying an entire planet. This is true, and anyone who wishes to take refuge on a Craftworld should file a request immediately, and it will be granted. You may all leave the reason sections blank; we are accepting all requests at the moment.

"That being said, Hoffman is well aware that Burnination possesses upwards of seventeen Molecular Disruption Devices, or Dr. Devices, each of which is capable of destroying a planet as well. We believe that this is a deterrent to any aggression he may wish to pursue.

"At this moment, we formally condemn the government of the rebel Emperor Hoffman and recognize Emperor Shein Darson as the lawful sovereign of Rutianas. Our hands are however tied, as the rebels hold 900 of our compatriots hostage, and because the lawful sovereign of Rutianas has requested that the affair remain an internal conflict.

"Emperor Alek Hoffman, unlawfully imprisoning Burninite civilians and threatening the use of planet busters on Burnination is an act of war. We have approached you peacefully in attempt to remove ourselves from this conflict, but you have failed to respond to our peaceful gestures. We will not interfere with your internal conflict at the request of Emperor Shein Darson. We request that our friends and family be returned to us immediately, and that you do not escalate the situation any further.

"You may resume normal programming."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Don't despair," Khaine says. "They've likely jammed the entire planet from all communications."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Lucas, Dmitri, Khaine

Khaine, pass this message on to Shein when he wakes up.

Lucas, we'd like your help on this one too, though Thorgood thinks he can do it himself.

We're all going to simultaneously shut down all of our systems and flood the rebel comm systems and computer systems with a sentient virus that should shut them down for a bit. The virus is programmed to die after a week, when we can all set our systems back up.

Deal?

Sincerely,
Jenova

PS: Lucas, if they say NO, that means DON'T do any system-squelching!
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Arren sighs. "This isn't despair. This is wondering if Shein will kill me if I wake him up now or kill me if I let him sleep. This is a serious threat." He looks at the soldier at the communications setup. "Keep trying to get through to Dreva. Send a recon fighter if necessary."

Sure thing.

-Lucas

It may not be necessary. After the announcement was made, many Isolationists revolted against Alek. The man probably had the shortest reign in the history of the Imperial Republic. Shortly after, another communication is sent out.

To: All worlds

Emperor Alek Hoffman has, sad to say, met with a rather unfortunate accident. While it is true that we do possess two of the Graviton missiles, I assure you they will not be used against anyone other than our enemies. While it is also true that we wish nothing but noninterference, we do not wish for war. We are completely willing to allow one time access for any civilisation to retrieve their citizens.

We also declare our independence from the Imperial Republic and wish to be known as the Republic of Rutianas.

Councillor Erik Moell

Arren is completely stunned by this revelation as it got intercepted easily. "What the hell?" He turns to a soldier. "I need access to the archives. Now."

The soldier nods and starts accessing the computers.

Arren glances at Khaine. "If I'm right, they can't secede. It's unlawful. Shein would know immediately. I'm just guessing. The only reason they're doing this is because Alek would have gotten them all killed. So now they're attempting to appeal to reason in order to keep anyone else from becoming involved. They probably won't stop their executions, nor will they stop their attacks. I guarantee it. Against just us, they have a chance. Against everyone else combined, nope. They're not stupid."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:28 am

They start retrieving their citizens. Had Burnination not made the threat of mutually assured destruction first, the Rheans would have politely pointed out the fact that every Star Destroyer and Acclamator in the fleet are planet killers. Considering that three Star Destroyers working in concert can completely destroy the surface of a planet, melt all the water, and blow off the atmosphere in hours, and that there are over 45 star destroyers still functioning, as well as the three behemoths of warships in the Gantrithor, the Kusanagi, and the Eclipse, they have the means to carry out that threat.

The Confederated States of Rhea throw in a conditional recognition of the Republic of Rutianas. If they cease the executions and wars against those loyal to Shein and the Imperial Republic, they will recognize it as an independent political entity. If they do not cease, the Republic of Rutianas will stay condemned and remain a rogue state in the eyes of the CSR.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 7:31 am

Burnination does not recognize the foundation of this new Republic.

Above the worlds where camps are being set up, the two Craftworlds pop in, teleport everyone out, then vanish again as quickly as possible.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"It really makes no difference to us," Khaine responds. "We know whose side we're on and why." And after a pause, "I don't believe Shein will kill you, but I do believe that enough time has passed for him to have regained his strength. Some of the fatigue was probably brought on by the battlekit Jenova used on him, and that fatigue is often more easily dispelled than real fatigue."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:01 pm

(OOC: Panzer, that's kind of... intense... for having every single Star Destroyer and Acclamator being a planet destroyer. Not even the Rutians have that many. Anything that can kill a planet shouldn't be so easy to make or that many in number in my opinion. It should cost a hell of a lot and be small in number. Like MIDAS, to make it large enough to destroy an entire planet would cost a shit load of cash and take a long time to make. They only have about ten ready to go. The Graviton missile, well, there's only 3 out there for the same reason. For you to have over 45 planet killers, I just find that to be a little, well, extreme. The 3 big ones, I don't have a problem with having that kind of firepower as they're supposed to be superior.)

Arren nods and goes to wake Shein. About fifteen minutes later, both of them show up. Seems Arren survived.

Shein, while still looking tired, is brought up to speed. When they get to the secession of the others, he frowns. "Article 45, Section 10, paragraph 7, second... no, third sentence."

The soldier who was accessing the archives, brings up that bit. "Any act of secession is an act of treason against the Imperial Republic and as such is an illegal act punishable by death."

Shein nods. "Yeah, that's the one, though I'm not going to kill everyone involved in this. There are people out there that followed because they had no choice." He looks at Arren, then sighs. "Well, at least Alek is out of the picture. Moell, though, I don't know him. I don't know what to expect."

Arren hands Shein a datapad. "A gift from Lucas, apparently."

Shein takes it and looks at it. "Remind me to send him a thank you card." He smirks, then frowns upon reading the conditional recognition from Rhea. He sends out a message now that he can.

To: Jenova; Dmitri
(Unencrypted)

In accordance with the Imperial Republic Declaration, Article 45, Section 10, paragraph 7, third sentence, the secession of the so called Republic of Rutianas is illegal. I'm not going to ask for assistance, but I would ask that this illegal government is not recognised, formally or informally, conditionally or unconditionally, or in any other way.

(Encrypted)

I'm not going to request that humanitarian aid be withheld from them, however, I would ask that any such aid be limited to civilians only, and only if they ask for it. Chances are, they won't ask. Because of the nature of this conflict, I have no choice but to call it a civil war. I am pleased that they did allow you to retrieve your people. If you have citizens in areas that are liberated that wish to leave, by all means, get them out. As they've taken control of Rutia and Dreva for the moment, they control all but two core worlds. I expect those two core worlds to eventually side with them to avoid being trampled. I don't know how long this will last, but I do think it will last quite some time. Let's just hope that there's not a galactic incident that needs Rutian assistance any time soon, because we're not likely to be able to help.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:31 pm

(OOC: That's the thing. You're thinking of planet destroyers. I'm thinking of planet killers. They are two entirely different classes of animal featuring orders of magnitudes more firepower. When I refer to planet destroyers, I'm referring to things like the Death Star or a really big MIDAS bomb or the Graviton missiles. When I refer to planet killers, I'm referring to things like Base Delta Zero, an intense orbital bombardment that destroys the surface of the planet entirely. I'm fairly certain the Rutian and Burninite fleets could pull off a BDZ type attack if they wanted to, especially since I'm playing the big three as slinging around Star Wars-levels of firepower. I am a very long way from building a planet destroyer.

EDIT: To quote the guy running StarDestroyer.net and his planet killer essay: "So what is a planet-killer? A planet-killer is something that literally 'kills' an entire planet, ie- renders it dead. This normally entails such a profound level of surface destruction that all civilization on the planet's surface is destroyed. In some cases, they go further, and completely sterilize the surface. In the most extreme cases, they actually destroy or consume the physical bulk of the planet itself, thus making them true planet destroyers." Italics in original.)

(Encrypted)
To: Dmitri

It appears that we are at an impasse. The right to secession is something we don't take lightly and the news of this is not going to go over well. I believe you are the legitimate ruler of the Imperial Republic and the best thing that has happened to the place, but I am sorry. My hands are tied here.

-Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Shein

Done and done.

You're still welcome to certain kinds of help if you need it. We're going to stop short of open military assistance, since we're too small at this point to really change the outcome if they're really superior.

Sincerely,
Thorgood

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Khaine frowns at the loss of Dreva and Rutia. He thinks softly to himself. "There's no way that only two of your core worlds can stay loyal if the rest have fallen. They'd be demolished, and they probably know it."

"Emperor," Khaine asks, "on Rutia and Dreva, what percentage of the armed civilian populace is likely loyal to you? I have an idea, but it is contingent upon a population that will, at the very least, not support our enemies."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Shein nods slightly. "Yeah, I know. The two that are neutral will eventually give in if we can't liberate Dreva and Rutia soon. Liberate those two planets and the rest of the two systems will follow." He turns to the communications soldier. "What's the status on the Pandati planet?"

The soldier shrugs. "As far as I can tell, they're being left alone. We're able to listen in on their communications now. They still can't get a good foothold on Dreva or Rutia."

Shein nods and looks at Khaine. "I'd say the majority of the population on both planets is loyal. It surprises me though, since both planets do not have any love for the Prolin." He smirks. "I guess it's just a testament to how well I've done as a ruler that those two systems stayed loyal." He shrugs. "So what's your idea?" He really seems ready to listen, though irritated about something he just read on his datapad.

To: Thorgood
(Encrypted)

Thanks. I've heard from Dmitri. He's apparently got an issue with our Declaration that makes secession illegal. Or that's what I understood.

-Shein

To: Dmitri
(Encrypted)

Really? So the Rheans have no problems with refusing to accept the laws of other civilisations. Good to know for future dealings.

Emperor Darson, rightful ruler of the Imperial Republic, which encompasses the illegal 'Republic'
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 pm

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Shein

Honestly, I think Jenova does too.

We just realize that this is beside the point; it is not our place to judge your laws. (And even if it were, we're pretty sure most of your laws are just.)

Sincerely,
Thorgood

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"One last possible problem - do you think that the isolationists would have messed with the buildings that Burninite businesses vacated on those planets yet?" Khaine asks.

Since, it might start coming together in a military mind like Shein's, Khaine's plan probably has something to do with guerrilla warriors, and the same method of transportation that Burninites are famous for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next