Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Empty
PostSubject: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:29 pm

Two weeks after the Sith War ended, the Rutian News net, playing a commentary on the galactic economy, was disrupted with a Special Report. No reporter was on the screen, but a Lieutenant in the Rutian Military sat at a desk facing a camera.

“The past six months has brought a hard realization to all within Rutianas. Once again, we have fought enemies that would have taken no notice of us except for our affiliation with outsiders. This has led the military to make a hard decision.” The Lieutenant folds his arms over the desk, lacing his fingers together. His time worn eyes stare into the camera and out through the screens as if he can make a connection with every individual watching. “As of seventeen hundred hours on this day, Emperor Shein Darson has been removed from power. He is charged with, and has been found guilty, of several counts of treason. Information was brought to us that not only was he a key player in this last war, he has also been aiding the Prolin, empowering them to challenge the military. He is in custody and will face execution at twenty hundred hours. I have called for martial law through Rutianas. I know each and every one of you will cooperate with the military in these dark times.”

The screen goes blank.

On Dreva, an explosion rocks the inside of the Citadel. Alarms go off and thirty minutes later, two figures can be seen running from the Citadel into the town. A ship manages to break through the security detail and disappear.

On Rutia, a young female aide knocks lightly on a door. “Enter.” She opens the door and steps inside. “I’m sorry to disturb you, Lieutenant, but we just received word from Dreva. He escaped.”

The Lieutenant sighs and facepalms. He closes his eyes and nods. “Find a substitute. Make sure he resists. He must be seen as a coward. Make it private, viewable by camera only. Use an overlay map.”

The aide nods and leaves the room.

At twenty hundred hours, the Rutian News Net does cover the event. On Dreva, Shein Darson is removed from the Citadel to a shooting range on a nearby base. The only people present are those in a firing squad. Shein struggles against his captors and even breaks free once. Instead of standing straight, he tries to run. He’s shot down.

Arianasol – Three hours later

“We’ll have to move to Elianam.”

“I know. It’s better defended.”

“Seal the gate when we get there. I don’t want them using that advantage.”

“I guess that’s it then. This is the way the Imperial Republic dies.”

“It’s not dead yet.”

“How the hell….?”
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 pm

The one shipyard remaining in Rutian space preparing to head back to Rhea notices traffic heading towards Arianasol. It does nothing as it makes its hyperspace jump towards Rhea.

Back on Rhea, the execution of Shein Darson is condemned.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:58 am

Burnination condemns the execution of Shein Darson. It does not recognize the new government of Rutianas as legitimate. It does allow the Rutian ambassador to Burnination to remain, but it will not accept a different appointed ambassador.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Lucas

If you haven't seen what has happened on Rutianas, I've attached it.

We want to help Shein, and I doubt we'll be able to make contact with him, or be able to determine whether or not that execution was real. I doubt it; it looked very staged.

I'm asking you to find out what you can. You have skills we cannot fathom. Help us.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Arren

On the off chance that you haven't been removed or otherwise rendered indisposed, where are you?

Just remember whose side we're on if you need anything.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Shein

On the off chance that you can answer this message confidentially:

Firstly, please don't go get yourself killed for a lost cause. Fight so long as there is hope, but if there is not, accept asylum.

Secondly, if you need help, don't hesitate to ask us.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Military Council of Rutianas

Emperor Shein Darson has long been a friend to many peoples in this galaxy. I'm not going to tell you that everything is good now that you have usurped his power, justified or otherwise.

I do, however, assure you that regardless of the circumstances, no weapons of Burninite origin will ever point at a Rutian army.

Burnination and Rutianas have enjoyed a mutually beneficial, unofficial military and economic partnership over the years. We would like to know what you plan for our future.

Sincerely,
Protoconsul Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm

To: Jenova

I saw it. I can't seem to get hold of him either. All messages just bounce back as undeliverable. I'm trying to get a hold of Arren through the Tremere. If you have any idea where the Prill are that Arren has a piece of, you might find out from them if Arren is still alive. They may know.

-Lucas

The messages to Shein and Arren are bounced back as undeliverable. The message to the Military Council goes unanswered.

The Rutian Ambassador to Burnination is in shock apparently. He's seen the broadcast and is adamant among his staff that Shein Darson is not dead. That couldn't have been him. He wouldn't have run, damn it! His staff, on the other hand, seem defeated. Two hours after Thorgood's message is sent to the Military Council, the Ambassador receives orders to return home. He sends a message to Thorgood.

To: ProtoConsul Thorgood

I have been ordered to return home. My staff and I just had a meeting regarding our orders. We, all of us, respectfully request asylum in Burnination. Emperor Darson made one request of me and that was if anything ever happened to him, that any Ambassador to any world would seek asylum there. I fear this change will not be good for the Imperial Republic.

Might I inquire as to whether or not you have been able to contact anyone in the previous government? Every message I send out is sent back as undeliverable.

Olaf Jensen

(OOC: Couldn't remember who I originally sent as an ambassador, so if this is different, just assume there was a recent change or something.)

The Rutian Ambassador in Rhea makes a similar move, only it's just her and her family that request asylum. The rest of her staff returns home.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Asylum is granted to them. They're not going to do too much, as they're busy hunting down the remains of the Sith Empire.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 2:51 pm

(OOC: Would we know where the Prill are? I don't remember Razz)

As soon as the message from Olaf Jenson is received, he and the embassy staff vanish. They find themselves on the Craftworld. If any of them had any weapons on them, they would be disabled.

"Sorry about that," Thorgood says to them, "but for now we'd prefer 'we don't know what happened to them' to 'yes, we granted your people asylum.' We will grant asylum if you are adamant, but we would prefer this arrangement. Is lodging on the Craftworld acceptable? And no, we can't find Shein or Arren. Though we do have a tip that the species the Prill may know where Arren is. Unfortunately, we don't know where this species is at the moment."

Thorgood has dispatched search probes to scan for life forms matching signatures stored as Prill. It would take years to scan all the planets in the galaxy, but they're hoping to strike lucky.

(ENCRYPTED)

We're searching with ships and probes. We'll find them eventually.

If you find them or hear from them, let them know I said I'd get them help if they need it.

I was referring more specifically to your extraordinary abilities with technology. Can you hack into Rutian military data, maybe find out about Shein, or his last known whereabouts?

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 pm

(OOC: Yeah, you'd know. The Burninites brought them to their homeworld, though we can always say they moved since that time, leaving you unaware of where they currently are.)

Olaf nods in agreement. "Good idea. For now, this will suffice. I pray that Emperor Darson is alive, though many among my staff have doubts."

The probes would find the Prill fairly easily, though if it's the same colony, there's no telling.

I've hacked in already. I've got his last known whereabouts as the Citadel. I've also got a contact or two that I've been able to discern that he was indeed there. Said contact, however, did volunteer information that there was an explosion inside the Citadel prior to the execution. No details about how that happened though. The downside is that they've issued a death certificate. No photos, which is unusual for Rutian certificates. They usually have something visual to prove it by. Strange, yeah, but there's nothing but a certificate. I can find his birth certificate with photo, and as good looking as he is now, he was an ugly baby, and I do mean ugly. The death certificate has nothing. No photo. Just a time of death and the reason for no photo, get this, is they claim that the back of his head was blown off by the gunshots and no visual identification could be made from a photo. I've analyzed that video and the gunshots were all to the upper and lower back. Maybe one hit the neck, but there was nothing to the head.

Sorry, I'm rambling a bit. I'll keep you posted!

-Lucas
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:30 pm

(OOC: Oops. Either way, that worked Razz)

Thorgood's commlink buzzes. He checks it, motions with his hand, and several rangers appear.

"Help these people settle in," he says to them. They nod and show the embassy staff around.

"We have a possible lead on finding Arren," Thorgood says to Olaf. "You may come if you'd like."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)

Well, it corroborates our own thoughts that that execution was set up. That was no way Shein would have acted.

We may have a lead on Arren. Taking you with us would almost certainly arouse suspicion, so we cannot. I'll contact you again if we need you. I can keep you posted if you want.

Sincerely,
Jenova

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thorgood appears in The Spotlight, where Jenova has been waiting for three minutes for him. If Olaf wanted to come, he is there as well. There are no other crew members present.

"You know," Thorgood says, "You're pretty lucky you keep getting that vampire when he's in the right frame of mind."

"Oh stop, you know how I feel about you disparaging them," Jenova responds. Before Thorgood can say anything, Jenova presses a button on the dash, and the scenery changes. This is where they found the Prill.

They beam down to the surface of the planet...
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Olaf did go, yes. "If you mean Lucas, I know Shein considered him a friend. Sorry, considers." Of course, he wants to go down to the planet too.

Shein wouldn't have run. He'd have stood there defiantly. Probably would have pissed himself, but he wouldn't have run. He's no coward. Scared at times, maybe even terrified, but not a coward. He'll probably turn up when we least expect it.

-Lucas

Anyone watching the space near Arianasol would note a mass emigration from there. Anyone watching the space near Elianam would notice a mass migration to there. As to who these are, it seems they're military. Imperial military it would seem. Any remaining Sith would be located and eradication would start. The cavern holding the Stargate is sealed. The capital, Eliana, is being fortified. New structures are being built and older defensive structures are being modernised.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:06 pm

A formal declaration by the office of the Emperor accuses the new Rutian government of staging the execution with a decoy, noting the differences between the video and the death certificate, as well as testimony on the part of the Emperor Dmitri on Emperor Shein's nature.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:15 pm

"Hmm," Jenova says, standing on the planet surface.

"I wonder how to contact them," Thorgood says. He scratches his chin thoughtfully, and glances at Olaf.

"HEY," Jenova shouts, "YOU PRILL! DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHERE OUR FRIEND ARREN IS? WE NEED TO KNOW SO WE CAN HELP HIM!"

Thorgood raises his eyebrow at her.

"Worth a try," she says. She pulls out her commlink for a moment; it had buzzed with a message from Sensor Command.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)

Exactly. Check out the declaration by the Rheans.

I hope they don't stir up trouble. Especially for something that most of us with brains already figured out.

See if you can figure out what all those Imperial ships and troops are doing over Elianam. Does it have to do with Shein?

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

Jenova's method works. One of the Prill does come out. It looks at her for a moment. "Arren. Watch. Wait." It disappears. Umm, okay.

Olaf just raises a brow. "Well, that was... informative." He snorts.

Yeah, I saw. It might be a good thing. Who knows. I've been watching what's going on around there. Arianasol had a lot of build up. Now it's around Elianam. I have no idea what is going on with that stuff.

-Lucas

Two minutes later:

Bad news. I just located the Raptor. Well, parts of it anyway. It's above Dreva. Since that was Shein's ship, well, I just don't know.

-Lucas

EDIT:

The accusation goes unanswered directly, though the Rutian News Net does run the death certificate. They have photos now where they didn't appear to before. Shock of all shocks. It looks like Shein.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:30 pm

Thorgood laughs. Jenova glares at them both. "Always so quick to dismiss other forms of sentient life," she mutters. Jenova sits down, crosses her legs, and waits patiently. Except for responding to Lucas of course.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)

See if you can find out what they're doing though, silly. Hack into their communications or something.

Sincerely,
Jenova

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jenova neither answers nor responds to the update about the Raptor. Fearing the worst, she hopes the Prill come up with something before she jumps to any conclusions. She decides that if Arren is alive, Shein is too. For, Arren would never let Shein be taken or killed while he could still think at someone.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 pm

The Prill shows up again. "Go. Watch. Wait." It actually points upward.

Olaf shrugs. "I don't think we're supposed to stay here."

Been trying to. They've got their military communications wrapped up tighter than, well, it's tight. I'm having trouble breaking in, but I think I can do it in another hour or two. Civilian communications, oh, that's just fine, no problem. Now, that's true of both sides of the equation. Whoever is on Arianasol and now Elianam is not the same military that took over Rutianas. They're different, and they're clammed up even tighter. I'm trying though.

-Lucas
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:47 pm

They make further remarks about how it can be identified as Shein if the head is blown off, with more mentioning of the incongruity with the video of the execution as never hitting him in the head. They request their own forensic analysis of his body.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Thorgood nods in agreement.

Jenova frowns. "Lucas tells me that he found the Raptor. Disabled. Maybe they were on it and we should go there?"

"That sounds remarkably trap-like," Thorgood responds.

"I know you don't trust him. So we go cloaked."

Thorgood nods. Olaf finds himself back on The Spotlight, and the scenery changes again. This time, the wreckage of the Raptor floats nearby.

"I'm scanning it now," Thorgood says, "but I don't know what you think we'll find."

"Anything of interest," Jenova responds.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)

OK. In the meantime, we're checking out the Raptor.

We'll try to contact this other military as well. That was a good piece of information by the way. We owe you one.

Sincerely,
Jenova

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A cloaked Jumper appears in proximity to Elianam.

"I protest," Field Marshall Khaine protests. "I'm far too old for this sort of thing."

"If it is old allies of ours, or of Shein's, they may recognize your voice," Jenova's voice is heard over a commlink.

"Fine. But if this goes badly, I'll never let you hear the end of it in the afterlife."

Jenova's chuckle is heard. "Deal."

Khaine opens a channel and tries to communicate with the fleet around Elianam. "This is the vessel B.R.N.N. SearchBlueEyes," he says, repeating exactly what Jenova asked him to. "Please respond. Over."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm

The wreckage is bad. It's like something tore the ship apart. There are traces of biological material, but nothing conclusive. It's been exposed too long to get anything helpful from it.

Olaf has to sit down. He looks like he's just been punched in the stomach.

Woah. All kinds of communications activity just went crazy over at Elianam. Not sure what's going on, but something. Let me know if you find anything out, though somehow, I don't think that will be necessary.

- Lucas

On Elianam, the hail is answered briefly. "We hear you. You are cleared to land at the starport in Eliana."

Undisclosed Location:

"It's got to be now. They're parading it all over."

"Yeah, I know. I was hoping I could put it off for a while longer. Make them guess."

"Looks like that won't happen now."

"Get it set up. We'll have to overpower their signal. It's going to drain us for a while."

A broadcast is sent out, not just through Rutianas, but also reaching out to the galaxy. It manages to overpower the Rutian News Net, breaking through the children's programming currently being displayed.

At first, the visual is confusing. It's a room with a few people in the background. Two Rutian, one Danite, one Comideran, two Arianasites, and three Elianans.

"Are we on?" A female voice.

"We've cut through. Do it quickly! We're already bouncing all over the place! Wait too long and they'll trace us!"

The camera view shifts to focus in on a previously unseen individual.

"Approximately seven hours ago, I was reported as dead by firing squad. As you can see, I'm very much alive. The military has taken control of the Imperial Republic. This much is true. What they cannot take control of is the will of the citizens of the Imperial Republic. I am very aware of the charges they have brought against me. I will not lie. Yes, I am, and have always been, sympathetic to the plight of the Prolin. In any successful government, everyone should have a voice. I have given them that voice."

He looks different, but it's clearly Shein. He's been beaten and wounded, but he's there and it doesn't appear to be a trick. Arren is standing right there behind him, a little singed, but there.

Across the Imperial Republic, people are stopping what they're doing to take notice of this broadcast. It's been switched to display on large screens in towns where available.

"I ask each and every one of you to decide for yourselves what to do and who to follow. I will not fault you if you choose to fight against me." A pause. "I fully intend to fight against the military. They have chosen their side and have taken a stand against me. I have already garnered the support of two systems and I hope that others will throw off the oppression of martial law and do the same. I ask you to remember two words. Two words that have never led us astray. Two words that have been with us for a long time. Freiheit und Wahrheit. Long live the Imperial Republic."

With that, those in the room with Shein let out a cheer.

"We will not be broken. We will not be led astray. We will fight until the Imperial Republic is healed or until we are all killed for crimes we have not committed."

The broadcast ends, whether cut off by the military or by Shein's group is unclear. The response is immediate among several systems. Devor and Andian, where Rutia and Dreva are located, almost immediately toss in with Shein. The Military Council is forced to flee from Rutia in order to set up in the Teshin system on Mittlesind. Teshin, unlike Devor and Andian, chose to side with the military, as did Jascoi, Kendor, Salador, and Ordura. Of the independent systems, Arianasol, Elianam, Sikarra, and the kittens, all sided with Shein. Schonte and Panor declare neutrality for now.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:22 pm

The Rhean government recognizes Shein's as the legitimate government and continues its hunt for the Sith.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:27 pm

When the signal overpowers Burninite normal signals, the network immediately shuts down as a safety precaution. However, it is brought back up moments later, and the entire footage replayed.

Khaine sends off a quick OK to Jenova, who just finished with the broadcast. He then lands his Jumper where he was told to after de-cloaking.

Thorgood shakes his head. "Can't trace 'em. Too fast." He's not smiling, but Jenova is.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(ENCRYPTED)

Yes! Now see if you can trace the damn fool. He should have gotten someone to contact us immediately. How dare he go around wounded like that.

Sincerely,
Jenova

What's left of the gutted Burninite military silently mobilizes, and Burnination recognizes that Shein Darson is the sovereign of Rutianas, not the military council, which it condemns for its 'execution' and mistreatment of a political prisoner.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Already did. What's odd is that the signal originated from, comparable to your current location, from the other side of the planet.

-Lucas

Khaine is approached by two Rutian military soldiers. They do not appear threatening. "If you'll come with us?" One of them motions toward the tallest building in town. "Have you seen the recent News Net broadcast?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 6:53 pm

(ENCRYPTED)

Can you send me exact coordinates? This way I can bring the man a battlekit or something.

Sincerely,
Jenova

Khaine nods, "I have. Am I to understand you all fit into it somehow?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:02 pm

No, sorry. Just that it's somewhere in orbit on the other side of the planet.

-Lucas

The soldier nods. "Yes, sir." They lead him to the building and through several corridors to a plain door. "I'm only supposed to bring you this far." The soldiers leave him in front of the plain door.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Khaine nods to the one respectfully before he leaves. And when they leave, Khaine opens the door and steps inside.

Jenova sighs, and the surroundings change again. They are now on the other side of Dreva.

Jenova opens up the ship's channels and broadcasts. "I admire the gung-ho attitude Shein," she says, "but really, let me help you before you do get yourself killed."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:21 pm

There's nothing there.... well, other than the communications satellite. And no response from it either. Hey, Lucas is damned good, but he's not infallable.

Khaine walks into the same room from the broadcast. Everyone is still there, including the two who spoke on the side, but weren't seen in the broadcast.

Shein is sitting down at a table, Arren checking him over and attempting to tend to the worst of his injuries, one being a laceration on his left upper arm, another a small gash just over his left temple. He looks up as Khaine wanders in. "You might want to let Jenova know where I am. If I'm right, she's probably contacted Lucas who very likely traced our transmission and sent her to the communications relay at Dreva. If so, she needs to get the fuck out of there. That's where the bad guys are going to go looking for me. I have yet to get my account back up and running. I'll probably just hack another one until they catch up with me and shut it down again."

Arren sighs. "Hold still!"

Shein does so.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:35 pm

When the Rutians appear on the opposite side of Dreva, Jenova immediately ceases her broadcast, and Thorgood immediately boosts power to cloaking to keep them hidden for a few more moments.

"Split?" Jenova asks.

"Good plan," Thorgood responds.

They appear above Burnination.

Khaine looks at Shein and flinches at the injuries. It's been years since he's been able to deal with real combat. Age has tempered the man.

"She's mighty upset that you didn't have someone contact her sooner, Emperor." Khaine responds. He takes that as permission though, and pulls up his sleeve. There, on a strange looking armband, he depresses a green button.

(ENCRYPTED)

Thank you for your help. We've found him.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(OOC: I did assume that Shein doesn't have his room shielded from Burninite teleporters, though if he does, I can modify the post.)

Not ten seconds after the button was pressed, The Spotlight appears in orbit of Elianam, and Jenova, Thorgood, and Olaf appear in the room as well.

Thorgood says nothing; seeing Shein is always bittersweet for him, given their history. Respect, a desire for friendship, old mistrust, and even a bit of envy and fear.

Jenova's eyes are glad, though her expression is stern. "Who do I look like to you, your message boy? Giving me the run-around." She pulls out a battlekit; they've changed models apparently. Looks more advanced than the old ones. Anyway, she looks to Arren for permission to make those lacerations go away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next