Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time Well Spent (FT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Time Well Spent (FT) Empty
PostSubject: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:16 pm

TO: Shein

So Thorgood commented earlier today that nothing catastrophic has happened in the last, what, year? Using my executive authority, I decided that this called for a celebration.

It has nothing at ALL to do with the fact that I missed seeing you over the last year.

Sincerely,
Jenova

TO: Dmitri

We're having a celebration here that the galaxy hasn't had any ominous and terrible events over the past year or so. And since we like you, we're inviting you.

I'd say formal, but I invited Shein, so fat chance of that.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(OOC: SELA, I don't know who your person is what with all your retconning!)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:27 pm

TO: Jenova

Don't say that! Next thing you know, we're going to be neck deep in invading bugs or something! On a more or less serious note, I'll be happy to attend. My co-rulers would happily come, permission granted, of course.

Sincerely,
Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 11:28 pm

It's OK, I knocked on polycarbonate right after I typed it.

Yes, you can pretend I made all of the appropriate polite invitations.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 12:29 am

To: Jenova

I hope you didn't jinx it! I hope you don't mind Kennah tagging along. Just tell me the time and place and I'll make sure my calendar is clear.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:57 am

(OOC: Technically speaking my nation would be lead by a guy named Brother Lal but in reality it would be seven nations pretending to be one nation, each with their own belligerent leader. I actually plan to start a first contact RP after I finish retconning, but I can just assume this happens after that.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:58 am

(OOC: I was going to write one to you to invite, but without any knowledge of the character, I can't insert any wit! So start your first contact RP and give your character some character and I'll invite you.)

Clearly you missed the memo that inviting 'Shein' to something that could possibly involve alcohol or the media automatically includes Kennah!

Yes, I forgot to make all the appropriate and polite invitations when I sent this to Dmitri as well. I attribute my oversights to the fact that it was almost midnight here when I wrote those letters.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 11:13 am

TO: Jenova

And pretend I shall.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

You can just hear Shein laughing at the last message from Jenova.

Good thinking and I'll remember that. I'll try not to get too drunk, though Kennah will likely kick my ass back to Rutia if I do. Incentive to take it easy! Of course, I have an instant solution. I'll bring one of the kids along. If they're around, I have to act like an adult. Unless you'd rather watch me act the part of a kid myself.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:36 pm

Good. Because otherwise I would be tactless and rude. Much better if we pretend I'm tactful and polite.

Sincerely,
Jenova

You can bring the kiddies if you want.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:58 pm

I will be bringing a certain Pravin Lal, the planetary governor of Alpha Centauri, if you do not mind.

Sincerely,
Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Oh, that quaint newly-space-faring planet that sent out first contact messages a while back? I didn't realize that you guys answer those. It's generally our policy not to.

Nope, the more the merrier. As long as this Pravin Lal isn't some sort of slobbering alien creature of course. Though I wouldn't ever suspect you of stooping to such trickery.

Sincerely,
Jenova

(OOC: Cut to arriving?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm

(OOC: Yes, please.)

As far as I know, he definitely does not drool or slobber and is not a shapershifter who can turn into a giant monster.

Sincerely,
Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 pm

(OOC: Then you may all arrive at will. Tell me who you brought so that I can pretend to have been prepared with an appropriately sized room and amount of food Wink)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 pm

Lal, after some discussion with his officers on the wisdom of going to an event where may or may not be totally unsafe, eventually decides to go on the grounds that it would allow him to 1) improve relations with other nations, 2) have an insight onto their conditions, and 3) actually get some fresh air without suffocating for the first time in several hundred years. He show up in his U.N. uniform and signature white turban capped with blue.

Last edited by Selathorn on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:24 pm

So Shein shows up, oddly enough, in uniform for once, though he looks ready to get out of it. Kennah is with him and scowling at his expressions if unease in his uniform. He has brought a couple of his kids, the older ones, not the youngest.

(OOC: And I can't be bothered to go look up their names and current ages right now. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:43 pm

Dmitri shows up in his Black Speeder outfit/armor. He really really likes it. Svetlana is likewise dressed in her Flash-Freeze outfit, though she has the sense to wear it under her normal clothes. Little Nikolai is left back at Rhea.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Jenova and Thorgood are at the private space dock at which the visitors debark. Thorgood is dressed in what looks like his daily uniform. It's simple and comfortable looking. By contrast, Jenova is wearing a perfect dress, neither too minimal nor too heavy, and neither overly decorated or plain. Thorgood is appropriately polite, but this is clearly Jenova's event. After all, it was Jenova's idea, and Thorgood's relationship with many of the people, while sunny today, can best be described as rocky.

"Greetings from Burnination," Jenova says to Brother Lal. "We received the message you broadcast into space not long ago. Though we're not quite as intrepid as the Rheans."

Jenova greets Dmitri. And Svetlana.

"Oh, Emperor Darson is it?" Jenova asks Shein. She looks like she doesn't recognize Shein in those clothes. "Hod did you get him to wear those?" Jenova whispers to Kennah.

Fortunately, the only place the media seems to be allowed is at the debark area, so they'll only have to be dealt with once.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 pm

Kennah whispers back. "You don't want to know." She smirks. She probably threatened him.

Shein shrugs at Jenova. "Hey, if I'd had a choice, I wouldn't be in this. Though with the media around, even I have to agree it was for the best." He motions toward the two children he brought, Christian and Nikolas. "She even got them to dress up." And they are both in formal clothing as well. Not military uniform, but it looks close enough.

(OOC: Not sure what the year would be on the Rutian calendar, so I'm hesitant to list the kids ages right now.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Brother Lal nods and bows politely to Jenova when she speaks to him, and replies, "We had the suspicion that there were going to be civilizations out there who would receive it and not reply, yes. It is not a problem, if anything, you did me a favor in saving myself from unnecessary hassle."

He also bows to the others, but doesn't say anything, being the newcomer and all.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Dmitri defends himself. "I felt surprise was wiser."

Svetlana jokingly says, "He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

"Hey! Watch who you call clumsy. I'm not the one who nearly slipped on the patch of ice that you made."

They banter like this for a while.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Thorgood glares in the direction of the media. "Fortunately, those bloodsuckers aren't allowed in the inner sanctum."

Jenova pretends to examine Christian and Nikolas and approve of their dress. This is probably for the benefit of the media, the comic effect on Shein, or both.

"It's nothing we had against your particular system," Thorgood assures Brother Lal. "It's just Burninite policy to never respond to anything unless directly addressed."

The entire group moves towards the dining hall.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:43 pm

Shein does seem to find this amusing. He finally looks toward Lal, tilting his head slightly in curiousity. He's not met the man before. There was one message from him, but never a face to face meeting. So, he decides to just approach along the way to the dining hall. "I don't believe we've met. I am Emperor Shein Darson of the Imperial Republic." He motions toward Kennah and the two kids. "My wife, Empress Kennah Darson and two of our children, Christian, and Nikolas."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Lal holds back a chuckle at Dimitri and Svetlana, knowing that it would be unproductive towards better relations. When Thorgood glares at the media and mentions how they wouldn't be allowed, Lal shrugs and says, "The media has never been a problem to me, if anything I encourage them to report freely, with freedom of information being the key to the free function of a modern society. I can see how the privacy could be desired in a place like this, though, all of the bases back on Chiron are so... isolated from each other."

Then, when Thorgood assures him that he has nothing against Alpha Centauri, Lal nods, and says, "I can see the wisdom of such a policy. Some states may not be... the most stable or the best to deal with. If you had contacted some of the factions on Alpha Centauri instead of my own, well, there would have been trouble, very much so."

Finally, when Shein introduces himself and his family to Lal, he bows to them in respect, and says, "It is my greatest pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty. I am Commissioner, or as I have more commonly referred to myself, Brother, Pravin Lal of the Peacekeepers."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Shein smiles slightly and returns the bow. "Just call me Shein." He ignores the look of irritation from Kennah.

Oh, and Arren is there, of course. He's never far from Shein. He just didn't warrant an introduction apparently. Or he just didn't draw attention to himself before. At this point, however, he does approach Shein and whisper something to him.

Shein just nods once, then turns his attention back to Lal. "We've mapped your planet. We've been through that area often, but never bothered to stop and check that particular planet. Your closest neighbor, Earth, has always held some interest to us though. Now that we know you're there, we'll drop in more often. Even if it's just to say hi."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Jenova and Thorgood seem amused that the Rutians and Rheans bother exchanging pleasantries with Brother Lal above what is necessary. Probably can be attributed to the strange aversion to primatives that Burninites tend to have. And their strange concepts, like absolute freedom of the press.

"So I've heard stories about you," Thorgood says to Kennah. She's probably the only one in the room (discounting Brother Lal) who he's never been on the wrong side of. "Supposedly you're unbeatable at chess."

"You guys like really spicy food, right?" Jenova asks as if it's important. She pauses for effect, then adds, "Just kidding!" The media takes the hint that that signals the end of their portion of events, and back off. The group can now enter the dining hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Well Spent (FT)   Time Well Spent (FT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Well Spent (FT)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next