Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wars and You (Puppets Too)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Wars and You (Puppets Too) Empty
PostSubject: Wars and You (Puppets Too)   Wars and You (Puppets Too) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:58 am

Taken from the old forum. I figured that I may as well post it here for the benefit of any newcomers.
Rutianas wrote:
This board is for war. If you want to declare a war against a Regionmate only and play it out in Issues, that's fine. If you want to play it out here, that's fine too.

I would like to note where puppets are concerned:

1) It is not considered good form to have puppets back your nation up in a war. In other words, Rutianas cannot back up Swarming Cute Kittens, if war is declared on SCK, from a military standpoint. What Rutianas can do is send food, water, medicine, and other humanitarian aid. It is, however, perfectly okay for Rutianas to go to allies and ask for military aid to be given to SCK. An IC reason may have to be invented as to why Rutianas cannot back SCK up, but that's up to the nations to decide.

2) It is perfectly okay for a person to fight a war, or start a war, against their own puppet. Rutianas and SCK could conceivably go to war against each other. It is also not godmodding for either side, in this particular case, to declare losses for each other. After all, it's the same person at the keyboard.

3) If you're doing #2, please give others a chance to respond and get involved if they want to. Don't just clean up the mess in two or three posts. That's no fun at all.

4) Not really so much puppets, but for all war. No one walks away from actual combat with no losses. Don't even try to be one of them. For the most part, I'll let people work things out themselves, but if I do see someone consistently godmodding by not taking any losses ("I hit you!" "No, you didn't!" "Yes, I did! Declare your losses!" "No losses because you didn't hit me!") over and over, I will step in and, as a mod/admin, declare losses for you. I don't want to have to do this and as we're all mature human beings, I don't think it'll be a problem. Very Happy

5) Not so much for puppets either, but war is hell. If you're in a war for too long, your people are going to start suffering from war weariness. They're going to get tired of it and beg for it to stop. You may even have rioting (unless you're a dictatorship or something). Even if it doesn't last for long, you're always going to have some measure of the population that's campaigning for peace. It may not have to be roleplayed, but keep in mind the morale of your troops really depends on the morale at home. The longer the war, the lower the morale. Now, if something happens (like a really big victory after five years at war) that can boost morale, you should play on that with describing the attitude at home.

All in all, have fun with war. It's not meant to be serious really, but try to make it realistic. Just no gory details. :p

Feel free to add comments, suggestions, or ask questions.

EDIT: Because I'm apparently oblivious to a lot of things today, I failed to notice that this was already in Diplomacy. Oh, well. As Rut said, this is a better spot anyway.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Editing for the quote color. Making it bright and white for easier reading. :D)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Wars and You (Puppets Too)   Wars and You (Puppets Too) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:29 pm

Made the quote color better. In any case, it was here already, but this does look to be a better place. For reference: https://korel.forummotion.com/t6-wars-and-you-puppets-too
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Wars and You (Puppets Too)   Wars and You (Puppets Too) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Silly me, not noticing that.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Wars and You (Puppets Too)   Wars and You (Puppets Too) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:16 pm

Meh, it wasn't in an often used forum, so it's fine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wars and You (Puppets Too)   Wars and You (Puppets Too) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wars and You (Puppets Too)
Page 1 of 1