Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Empty
PostSubject: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Suddenly and for no apparent reason, Bismouth military activity along its borders with A&A, Greater Switzerland, and Kahndaq (Sp?) greatly increases. While there were always border forts, observable troop movements increase nearly tenfold.

It's difficult to tell with Bismouth's air and naval powers, since the former tends to be super-secretive, and the latter tends to spend most of its time underwater, but they seem to grow more active as well.

No newscast or official release explains this change. In fact, it's like no one in the country even knows that the military seems to be mobilizing.

Then, after three days of this, the bombs go off.

Two suicide bombers attack A&A, smuggling bomb material from Bismouth. Another three attempts are made in Greater Switzerland, and one attempt is made in Kahndaq. In Kahndaq however, Bismouth sharpshooters fire on the attacker before he can reach civilian targets.

The suicide attacks in A&A and Greater Switzerland may or may not succeed. However, it is clear that the bombers were very well trained. If they fail, it is because of the brilliance of the A&A or Swiss internal policing forces, not because of any mistake they make. They're at least good enough to be in an intelligence organization.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:02 am

The attack in Istanbul was stopped by an alert Checkmate agent on vacation. Akhaltsikhe, in Georgia, and Athens, in Greece, were not so lucky. 21 deaths and 24 injuries in the former and 36 deaths and 21 injuries in the latter.

Needless to say, the Swiss are not pleased. Half of the Special Forces operatives in the New Vegas area are pulled out and shipped back to Europe.

To: The High Priests of Bismouth

Explain to me why there have been three unprovoked attacks on our territory coming from yours. I am willing to give your government the benefit of the doubt, as your sharpshooters halted an attack on Kahndaq, but your troop movements are not going to go over well.

Sincerely,

Empress Helena Bertinelli
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 am

Considering no weapons of any kind are allowed within A&A cities, the only way an attack would succeed is if they were in unauthorised locations where the military didn't get there fast enough. In short, it's not likely it succeeded.

General D'Arc sends out a similar message as Bertinelli, though they're not aware of the attempted attack on Kahndaq. It's more of a what the fuck is going on type message.

(OOC: I am very busy with classes starting up again and Lori's TAKS test looming closer. I can't guarantee regular postings.)
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:03 pm

(OOC: It's OK.)

Both messages receive responses that look something like this:

TO: Sender

We're sorry, due to circumstances beyond our control, your message could not be delivered.

Reason specification for issue:
COMM SERVERS DOWN

*This is an automated message. Replies cannot be read or responded to. If you have a problem with CommService.Bsmth, please call (753)7889647.*

Our Apologies,
Jeanette Hotchkins,
Comm Dept.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Army chatter can be picked up though. So their systems are working. It looks like civilian systems are down though. No more news is getting out of the country.

Then, out of nowhere, on every frequency, a video feed. A man with an unkempt beard is visible. He appears to be in his mid 50s or so. He's got a scar over his left eyebrow, and is wearing religious garb. Any scholar in A&A or Greater Switzerland familiar with the history of religion in Bismouth would note that it's not modern/reformed garb.

It's the ultra-orthodox type.

He speaks in the Ancient Tongue, but there are subtitles in English, German, Chinese, and any other necessary language.

"We are entering a new age. The age the Great Atomic Deity pronounced many millenniums ago is soon to be upon us. But before we can enter the new age, blood must be spilled! The infidels of the world must be PURGED!"

He stops because gunfire is heard in the background. A few armed guards are visible, the man stands up, and the video disappears.

Six people are shot by army sharpshooters as they attempt to cross the border into Alanda & Alexia, two as they attempt to cross into Greater Switzerland. There's no sign of the airforce at the border, but if either country has inside sources, they'd note that all of the air force's armament and personnel are not in hangar; they must be in the air.

Calls to the authorities go out from the areas around the embassies from Bismouth in A&A and Greater Switzerland. Gunshots in the case of Greater Switzerland, an explosion in the case of A&A. The disturbances are from inside the embassies.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:53 pm

The Swiss definitely notice the fact that Bismouth's aircraft are in the air, given the satellites they have. Unless jammed, the embassy in Bismouth will attempt to contact Bern via satellite phone, in which case the message the Empress sent will be relayed. If not, a convoy with the message will cross the border and attempt to talk to military leaders.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, the embassy probably got the call, but there was no one there to pick it up. More correctly, there probably was someone there, but it wasn't an official from a recognized government.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Well, any military planes trying to enter A&A airspace would be first required to identify their intent. If radio silence is maintained or the call goes unanswered, a warning shot would be given. If there's still no response, the plane would be shot down. At the border, any refugees would be allowed in and checked over for weapons. Weapons would be confiscated. Anyone trying to fire on refugees would be shot at by A&A snipers.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 pm

(OOC: Why wouldn't there be anybody to pick up? If somebody in Bismouth is calling the government in Bern, unless it's jammed, somebody will pick up.)

A similar response is given, except for the confiscation of weapons. That is, non-explosive weapons.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Well, there don't seem to be many refugees. The few people shot trying to cross the border, when searched, are clearly carrying components for chemical weapons or IEDs.

In short, you don't want to be shooting the Bismouth sharpshooters, you want to be helping them hit their targets.

No planes from Bismouth attempt to enter A&A or Greater Switzerland. There seems to be no change in situation, except that another person is shot trying to cross the border to Kahndaq. Let's be clear about this. There are no refugees. It isn't clear what's going on inside Bismouth. Obviously something unsavory, but the only people who tried to leave the country either tried to blow something up in Switzerland, Kahndaq, or A&A.

Then, someone tries to talk to a Swiss satellite.

"Hello? Hello? Is there anyone there? This is the High Priest Xenon; I need to know if anyone is there..."
*Background noises*
"Rebel forces have stormed your embassy. Our authority is mostly eroded; it's all the military can do to keep the situation contained. Is this transmitting?"
*More background noises.*
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:28 am

The Swiss sharpshooters get the idea and start firing on people trying to cross the border.

The Chancellor is rushed to the phone. "Hello? This is Chancellor Bertinelli. What the Hell is going on there? I was told our embassy was stormed."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

"Thank the God King this is working," a voice exclaims from the background. It's difficult to make out; it sounds like they're on a plane.

"Hello Chancellor," The High Priest's voice resumes. It must have been an aide or something. "Yes, your embassy was stormed, along with every other government building in Bismouth. We've been tracking an extremist, populist terrorist group operating within the country for a while now. We had no idea how far it had spread. We pulled every string we possibly could to try to keep the army loyal to the High Priests. Before I try to get you up to date, tell me they've succeeded in stopping this fanaticism from causing any damage elsewhere."

Sleeper cells in A&A attempt to blow themselves up at city checkpoints with IEDs. Not as devastating as city attacks, but since they've found that impossible in A&A, killing a few army soldiers seems to be an acceptable plan B.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:02 am

"They managed to launch two successful attacks, one in Athens and the other in Akhaltsikhe, totaling 57 dead and 45 injured. The one in Istanbul was halted and there have not been any more successful attempts made."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Considering there's no communication really, A&A can't possibly know, at first, that the sharpshooters are the good guys. Once it's made clear through searches, well, A&A would put two and two together.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 pm

(OOC: Oh, there WILL be communication. *devilish face*)

There is an audible gasp on the transmission despite the fact that it still sounds like an airplane.

"I'm so sorry," the High Priest says. "Thank the Gods you stopped the one in Istanbul!"

There's a rustling noise and a pause.

"So here's what we know. There's a dangerous terrorist group known as the Carbonites who we've been tracking for two and a half years now. They have grown more powerful than we ever imagined, even having military contacts. Two days ago, they unsuccessfully tried a quick coup by having me assassinated. Yesterday, they went with an all-out attack. We tried to keep the situation contained, but we've lost all semblance of control. This is a violent, hateful group, and they have control of the vast majority of the country. It's not a good situation. For anyone."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:35 am

"We're not normally ones to interfere but do you need help? There is a good amount of people wanting blood but I'd rather not have that happen. Is there no way to talk to them? I imagine the chances of it are low, given that they tried to blow us up, too, I have to at least try."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:03 pm

There's a pause.

"Helping us would be...most difficult," the High Priest says. "And it could cost your civilians many lives to do so. You have already seen the care that these terrorists take concerning innocent casualties. I contacted you to appraise you of the situation, and make sure that the army has indeed stayed loyal to the High Priests."

A transmission from somewhere near the border with A&A:
"Hello? Hello? Is there anyone receiving this?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

There's a pause on his end.

"So there's no chance of talks. Hmm... I'll have to consult with the cabinet. I don't know if I can hold off the desire for blood much of the population has."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 am

(OOC: Nothing to add really.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:09 am

(OOC: No response to the radio contact directed at you?)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:12 am

(OOC: Didn't see that until now. Oops.)

"Who is this?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:53 pm

To the Swiss Chancellor: The High Priest replies, "I'm sure you'll manage. You're an admirable people, especially culturally. As for talks though, I doubt they'll come to the table unless you agree to convert to their twisted version of religion. You're welcome to try."

To the response from A&A: "Thank the God King that we're actually getting through! I am Rould Tiebald. I have no official title, but I am the general leader of the popular uprising here in Bismouth. I urgently need to speak with and authority in Alanda & Alexia. You know that the government has shut down our communications? We think they're planning on sending suicide attacks into your countries, and blaming us. As I said, I need to talk to someone of authority."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:37 pm

(OOC: My guess is that Rould is lying.)

A small group of six Special Forces soldiers and a pair of negotiators are shipped to the city of Carbon, on the coast of the Caspian Sea, where they will try to find someone to talk to.

Simultaneously, the Swiss government sends its own message to Alanda and Alexia requesting information on the attacks coming from Bismouth.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm

"Send an emissary to our border. Someone will be available to talk." Caution, yes.

To the Swiss, they send all information they have, including the message they received. They don't state whether they believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:31 pm

They can really approach anyone; no one seems scared of Swiss troops. Apparently, the Swiss policy of non-interference is commonly known.

Before they can approach anyone though, they are approached by seven heavily armed men wearing similar attire. They don't look military, but like they are working hard at being as close to military as possible.

With their guns on their backs, they also don't take the Swiss presence as a threat immediately.

"Hello," one of them tries in English. "I am Captain Bartholomeo of this town's Revolutionary Guard. Can we help you in any way?"

"We can't cross the border," Tiebald replies. "Government sharpshooters shoot anyone who gets close!"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

One of the negotiators, and the only native English speaker, replies, "I am Linda Lang. I am a representative of the Chancellor here to discuss the suicide bombing situation. The official story from the government of Bismouth is that an extremist group is launching attacks on us. There is a video of a man in orthodox garb screaming about killing infidels that corroborates it. On the other hand, there is a message Alanda and Alexia received from somebody named Rould Tiebald claiming that the government of Bismouth is orchestrating the attack themselves and are blaming it on a dissident political movement. What we are trying to do is figure things out."

(OOC: The name is a coincidence. It's not Supergirl. I thought about doing that but decided against it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: