Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chanced Mistakes

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Ayzek

Ayzek

Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:58 pm

James nods. "Yes, we'll return the no-tariffs favor. As for production operations within your nation, we'll ensure our corporations are fully informed that they must operate under your laws within your borders. Which brings into mind the topics of extradition and open borders... The Angelic Wraith Empire is willing to allow open passage of civilians between our nations, and we'd like the same done in return. We'd also like it if Angelic Wraith criminals are returned to the empire if they're hiding out within Selathorn, and will return the favor if agreed upon. I take it extradition is acceptable?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:06 pm

"You can expect that we will do so the vast majority of the time, however, we do have a policy of granting asylum to those persecuted for political or religious reasons. I feel though that this should not be too much of an issue."
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm

"Indeed it won't, as there is no political or religious persecution. Now... I believe that covers the objects I came to discuss..."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm

"Mhm, yes. Be right back in a minute, I'm going to give you an information packet, in digital and paper form. Feel free to browse my library, although I'll warn you that this is mostly an academic collection. Mostly sociology and economics, but there's a little bit of everything in here. Also, please be careful with the books. Some are antique and very, very fragile. I'm not going to pin any blame on you, though, that's not really my place."

He then leaves the room, presumably heading to an aide.
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Almost immediately, James pulled out a small phone from his pocket, which was connected with the nearby Angelic Wraith ship. It's screen immediately showed the face of one of the crewmen. "Prepare a packet of information, nonmilitary of course." The man on screen nodded, and James put the device away. Soon after, he stood up to the scan the man's library.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

The majority of the books in the library are from long dead authors, philosophers, sociologists, and economists alike. Nothing truly seems too interesting at first glance, and like Aaron stated, most of the books are purely academic in nature. Only about 10% or so have anything to do with Selathorn, and most of those seem to be on the social and economic state of the country, which will be in the yet-to-be-delivered packet anyways. Still, one book in particular might be of interest to the President, named, "The Principles of Labor", and written by a man named Mathais Selatin, which Villa may or may not remember from the circle of statues...
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:57 pm

On a whim, James reached for the book titled "The Principles of Labor" and opened it's pages casually...
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:06 pm

If Villa was looking for some gamebreaking information on Selathorn at this point, he would be out of luck. Well, not quite. The book definitely represents Selathorn's ideology perfectly, Syndicalism with emphasis on fair earnings for each laborer, based on experience and work ethic, and a democracy with a strong trade union presence. It also has quite a few interesting bits on government, but it would be more then likely covered in the packet. Still, an interesting introduction, if anything. Aaron then enters the room after a minute or so, and sees Villa reading the book.

"Ah, The Principles of Labor. One of my favorite political and economic treatises bar none, and the base of our nation's ideology. Feel free to keep that copy, it's a new one and I can always buy another. In any case, I have the information packet."

He then hands him the packet, as well as what looks to be a small electronic device.

"That's the digitalized packet. I think your systems should be able to read it without too much difficulty."
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:12 pm

James took the device and the packet and set it into his suitcase, along with the book. "I see, thanks. I requested from my ship's crewmen to prepare a similar packet, it should be ready by the time we return." He hadn't had much time to look through the book, so he was unable to comment upon it.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:16 pm

"I see, that's good to know."

(OOC Time skip?)
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:25 pm

James handed a small briefcase to Aaron. "You'll find most information available within there. It's both on paper, and on one of our devices. It shouldn't be too difficult to use... I hope the bond between our two states strengthens in the coming years."

(OOC: It's safe to assume that, after your dude says something, that James boards the ship and heads home. Tis also safe to assume that an ambassador would head over soon after.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Aaron nods. "Thank you. I hope for the mutual prosperity of both of our nations."

(OOC: K, that's fine. You can contact someone else now, then.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chanced Mistakes
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: