Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chanced Mistakes

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Shein shrugs. "Up to you. Rutians have a code of honor that binds us to the truth on certain things. This is one of them. When I say that we will not attack you without provocation, I mean it. If you'd prefer a signed document, I'm sure we can come up with something."
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 8:47 pm

Alex smiled slightly. "Let's trust one another's word." Alex almost added a sort of philosophical statement, but changed his mind at the last moment. "I guess I'll take my leave then; I miss my wife and child already."

((OOC: Unless Shein would have more to say, assume my guy headed back home.))
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:10 pm

(OOC: Just your standard farewell. In other words, not really. The information on how to contact the other worlds would be sent along with cultural information on the Imperial Republic.)
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:12 pm

((OOC: And how would I go about to RPing that? Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:27 pm

(OOC: Send a general message out addressed to the leaders of Rhea, Burnination, Selathorn, Esoteric, Shakuhou, Aescentia, and anyone else I'm missing and can't remember at the moment. I think that's all that the Imperial Republic has ever had even a single message exchange with, so would know about.)
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:40 pm

(OOC: Heh... k... Would it be better to continue talks in this thread? Or should I make a new one for everyone?)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 9:52 pm

(OOC: Up to you.)
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm

To: The Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn

Greetings,

The Angelic Wraith Empire, a recent addition to the multitude of galactic powers, would like to request an audience with the leadership of Selathorn.

We wish to discuss the possibility of the establishment of official diplomatic relations as well as the establishment of co-beneficial trade and, perhaps, the possibility of learning from one another.

As we are unsure of the location of your state, we are also unsure as to how to reach it. Perhaps you may shed some light on that situation?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:08 pm

To: The Angelic Wraith Empire
From: Director Andreus Aaron, The Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn

Greetings from the Selathorni Republic! We are pleased to learn of a new power in the galaxy and look forward to establishing good relations. I will be more then willing to hold an audience with a leader from your nation, and we will provide transportation if required. Further details can be discussed at the meeting.

Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Daa
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:19 pm

To: Director Andreus Araon, The Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn

Your offer of transportation is kind, but as it stands now: We are unwilling to share our location. Perhaps, instead, the meeting could proceed over long-distance communications?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 pm

To: President James Villa, The Angelic Wraith Empire

I would feel that doing it over long-distance communication would feel rather... disconnected and simply not as effective as meeting in person. Does your nation have faster-then-light capabilities? We will give you our location should you require it, and we will be more then happy to host a meeting in our capital, The Haven.

Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm

To: Director Andreus Aaron, The Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn

That's acceptable. As soon as we receive the coordinates, an Angelic Wraith diplomatic vessel, on which I shall be on board, will depart towards your location.

Signed,

James Villa

James Villa
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:09 pm

To: President James Villa, The Angelic Wraith Empire

Very well. The coordinates are attached below, as well as the best landing location.

[Information Enclosed]
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:10 pm

To: Director Andreus Aaron, The Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn

Excellent. An Angelic Wraith vessel will arrive within a few hours.

Signed,

James Villa

~~~~~~~~~~

A while after sending the message, a diplomatic warpship lay ready. Warpships, unlike common military vessels, was a ship made entirely for the purpose of teleporting. It was a relatively large ship, much larger than it should've been, as it housed the radar facilities to pinpoint it's target across the cosmos, and the antimatter engines required to warp it to it's target, and back.

By the time Villa had jumped from Twilight to the orbital station above the planet, the ship's crew had prepared the vessel for jump and inserted the destination coordinates. When Villa was safely within the bridge, the vessel left dock: heading for the outer regions of the system. From there, it made a jump to a system 250 light years south, before changing course towards the Syndicalist Republic of Selathorn. Ten minutes into it's course, it jumped again towards the given coordinates...

(OOC: You can land it (and take Villa where he needs to go), it's a really giant ship and carries no weapons beyond a squad or two of security officers.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:52 pm

The ships arrives over a ground spaceport, very close to The Haven, which would be very easily visible to the Angel-Wraiths at this point, massive yet carefully planned, with what looks to be a shield dome around it. Within seconds, the vessel gets a message granting it permission to dock, and directs the ship to Lot A3. The ship manages to find its way to the lot easily, with the location being highlighted carefully by the message, and after a bit of careful landing maneuvers it arrives safely on the ground. Once President Villa exits the ship, he'll see the Director in a simple dark blue suit and two elite-looking guards with four-eyed helmets.

Director Aaron then greets Villa warmly.

"Greetings, welcome to Selathorn! I hope getting here wasn't too troublesome?"
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:07 pm

"Not at all," James answered as he approached the man. "The trip went as planned." He looked at the giant vessel that had brought him here before turning back to Aaron. "Hello, Mr. Aaron." James was in black business suit, while his pair of guards dressed in a matching uniform, their faces clearly visible.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Director Aaron nods.

"Excellent, excellent. Please follow us to our vehicles, we will have the meeting inside The Haven at the Office of the Executive, where I work, and, well, practically live."

He motions to James and walks towards a pickup area. A limousine approaches, and Aaron takes the seat behind the driver, motioning to James to take the seat next to him.

"Ready to see what The Haven is made of?", he says with a slight grin.
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:16 pm

"At your leisure," James answered.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:48 pm

With that, the limousine begins moving towards The Haven. Within five minutes, the limo is in front of the shield of The Haven, which visibly shimmers with a light blue and seems to go on as long as the eye can see, and is surrounded by very visible laser defense batteries, and who knows what else. The shield has an obvious gap for entry, about 30 feet tall and 20 feet wide. Presumably, this is hardly the only gap since the road is only at about 3/4 capacity. Once the limo actually enters The Haven, the chauffeur seems to be directing them into a more scenic route to the Executive Office, as he drives onto a high road offering a great view of the city, which is, surprisingly, primarily low to mid-rise except at the center. The city seems to be sprawling and disorganized at first, but with a careful view anyone can easily distinguish the meticulous urban planning that went into it as well as the massive defense system to protect it. Five or so minutes in, the limo comes very near to what appears to be a small lake surrounded by the city.

Aaron smiles a bit. "This is Lake Polaris. While it looks like the city expanded around it due to a lack of planning, the designers were actually planning to surround it from the very beginning. Feel free to take in the scenery, the afternoon offers a great view."

Then, after a bit more driving, the limo arrives towards the high-rise heart of the city, which is surprisingly free of heavy traffic. Eventually, the limo comes to what looks like an ancient wall, with a sign above it that says, "You are now entering the Old City of The Haven."

This area seems to have a bit of a rustic feel, although the buildings themselves seem quite modern. It has much more green space then the rest of The Haven (although the Selathorni value excellent public spaces and it seems like parks and plazas are everywhere in The Haven anyways). After a few more minutes of leisurely driving, the limo comes to a gated area. The gate seems to automatically scan the car, and after a brief conversation with the guard monitoring the gate, the limo arrives in the government quarter of the Old City. The ground seems to have a cobblestone feel, and at the center four bronze statues stand in a circle, with one at the center and the other three around it. Their names are very noticeably engraved onto the floor next to it, ideological thinkers of some sort. The engraving surrounding the central statue might shed some light on the name of the nation - Mathias Selatin.

Director Aaron motions to everyone to leave the limo, and he leads them towards a fairly small, cubist building, housing the Director's office and practically his life, considering that that's how long they are elected. After a quick biometrics scan, the door opens and the Director leads them to what looks like a small, yet comfortable room, filled with books and pleasing furniture giving off an almost 19th century earth feel.

"Welcome to the Reading Room," Aaron says. "This is my place of choice for private meetings. It's a very comfortable and private place to be, and the fact that it's completely soundproof is a nice plus. Feel free to take a seat."
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:02 pm

"Quite an interesting trip," James responds as he takes his seat. "Such a beautiful city... just like back at the Empire. It must be very nice to live here..."

(OOC: Lol. All that and I respond with a one liner. XD Visited always get to type more >.> )
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Aaron chuckles, and says, "Of course, of course. There's really nothing quite like The Haven, but I would love to see your nation someday. Always nice to see other places, eh?"

He then laughs, and then says in a more serious tone, "In any case, onto business. You would like to establish diplomatic relations, correct? That can be easily accommodated."
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:26 pm

"Yes," James said. "We'd like to have an exchange of embassies. In addition to that, we'd also be pleased to conduct an exchange of information, nothing of military matters of course. Merely social patterns, histories, Demographics; along those paths."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:22 pm

"That's certainly possible. Although, to be completely honest, we don't have much of a history, as you could sum it up in about one page and not lose any important information. Still, I will have a packet prepared for you before you before you leave. I believed you also mentioned trade in the message. We're more then willing to set up trade relations, although it'll be private co-operatives and traders you'll be dealing with. I suppose you'd prefer to do most of the trading in our system, correct?"
Back to top Go down
Ayzek

Ayzek

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:32 am

"Well, with trade I merely meant: Allow our corporations to move their merchandise between our two nations, with no resistance from the government. Of course, there would be limitations as to what's imported and exported; but that could be decided later, in individual agreements between corporations and the importing government? If you'll agree to this, we'd share the location of our state with you. I'd also like to discuss the topic of tariffs, would you rather they exist, or shall our companies operate without them?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:45 pm

"Of course, we'd be willing to agree to that. As for tariffs, we don't believe in them, although of course we'd like to have the action reciprocated to our traders in your nation as well. However, if your corporations do decide to build production facilities in our nation or our space, I will warn you there are strict labor laws and operating taxes that must be followed. Not to the point of unprofitability, but it's worth mentioning."

Last edited by Selathorn on Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chanced Mistakes   Chanced Mistakes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chanced Mistakes
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: