Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Voice from the Dark (MT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

The Rocket Reds fly off, but not before informing the Enclave that investigative journalists may get smuggled in. It's a big body of water. There's only one carrier in the Gulf of Mexico area and one on the Pacific end of Panama.

True to the warning, a pair of people from the Daily Bell, a Swiss newspaper, landed in Southern California, accompanied by thirty-six Swiss mercenaries. Andrea Mannheim, the writer, and Scott Donahue, a photographer/camera man. Everything they write, photograph, and record on camera is automatically transmitted back to Europe via satellite. Everybody has a Glock 21 as a side-arm. 27 of the mercenaries are wielding HK417s, 7.62 x 51 mm. Three of them, the designated marksmen, are using PSG1s, also 7.62 x 51 mm. Three of them are using Rhean DC-15 blaster rifles. The last three are using MG 3s, also 7.62 x 51 mm. They have a large supply of clean water and radiation filters for any contaminated water they may encounter. Extra ammo, food, and water are carried on robotic pack animals for when they have to go on foot. The majority wear regular Rhean infantry armor, though the snipers and the two from the newspaper use the light infantry armor. They make their way to New Vegas by armored truck.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 pm

The Enclave don't take kindly to this development, but they don't shoot at Swiss. Most of the soldiers have already cleared out of the area around New Vegas. The Securitrons in the area seem to watch the Swiss, but none of them do anything to impede the Swiss. At least until the gates of New Vegas are reached. One informs the Swiss that New Vegas is off limits and trespassers will be shot.

It only takes a moment for someone to come rushing out of the gates and shutting down the Securitrons standing guard. "Sorry. I keep trying to reprogram them. The only ones they're supposed to keep out are Enclave troops." The voice is that of the one from the radio message from New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Mannheim and Donahue step out of the truck, along with a pair of the mercenaries.

"I recognize the voice. Don't tell me. Hmm. Ah. Aracade Cannon! I'm Andrea Mannheim of the Daily Bell. This is my photographer Scott Donahue. We came because we at the Daily Bell don't quite believe what the Enclave has told the rest of the world. How about an interview once we get out of the heat and someplace secure?"

She gestures to the truck, which is air-conditioned, and offers to drive him to where he wants to go.

(OOC: Haven't decided on what the trucks will be running on, since I don't think hydrogen or nitrogen make for good fuel sources. Not quite sure about nuclear power, either. It's not going to be gasoline since they'll have run out by the time they went from southern California to New Vegas. Also, what's happened to the NCR?)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:03 pm

"Gannon." Arcade nods. "Yeah, that's me." He nods again. "Yeah, not only do they not tell the truth because it would cause a lot of people to get pissed, they cut us off from telling our side. I don't even know how much got through." He takes the offer of the ride. It's not a long one, but when they get to the Lucky 38, Arcade points out a place that they can park the truck. "I've seen cars and trucks out there, but this is the first time I've seen one that runs." He's truly amazed by it.

(OOC: Meh, it's an unnamed resource for now. As for the NCR, they're around in guerrilla groups, but scattered. They beat out the Enclave once and the Enclave beat the stuffing out of them recently. The last group in the Mojave got chased out by the Enclave already. There might be a few wandering, but there are more Brotherhood than NCR in the Mojave.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:33 pm

(OOC: Whoops. Typo.)

One of the mercenaries smiles underneath his helmet. He knocks on the side of the truck. "This baby will take an RPG and still keep going." They lock the truck.

They take along a small supply of various beers from across Europe, all of them nice and cold, and start offering them around. She begins as the tape starts rolling. "Now we've gotten a pretty good idea of what's been going on in the former United States on the east coast. Our scholars there have dug up the general history of what's been going on and even picked up an intelligent super mutant who's been a very good source of information. Could you please tell us the history of this region and the conflicts you've had with the Enclave?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 9:18 am

Arcade doesn't accept a beer, but a lot of others around do. One has his taken away from him by Julie, who gives him a stern look. He just stares at the beer for a moment before scooting on out.

"About ten years ago, the Enclave made a tentative reach into this area. They set up base at Navarro. I was a local that got mixed up in it. The Enclave promised a lot. A lot that they couldn't deliver really. A free humanity through what used to be the United States, but we'd have to fight for that freedom. What we didn't understand is that ghouls and super mutants were not welcome to that group. They would capture them and use them for target practice. The feral ghouls, I didn't mind shooting at them. I really didn't. Those ones would kill you without a second thought. The other ghouls, well, they hadn't gone feral. You could talk to them, reason with them. Some super mutants weren't intelligent and would just attack, so it was a matter of kill or be killed. Others, you could reason with them." He shakes his head. "I did what everyone else did back then. One of the others questioned why we were doing this and when he didn't accept the answer of 'they're dangerous', he disappeared." He sighs. "I was eventually switched to their medical research team. I didn't get too much into it because a week after that the New California Republic took Navarro. I deserted the Enclave and came out here. For ten years we lived without the Enclave around us. The NCR kept things relatively peaceful in the area. They held the dam. We have power here because of it. Lake Mead has no radiation in it. Power and clean water." He actually smiles faintly. Those things are more valuable than gold out here. "I had to fade into the background so I joined the Followers of the Apocalypse. I became one of their medical researchers. Well, go forward ten years to current times. The Enclave shows up again, this time in greater numbers. They took the dam easily, overrunning the NCR. They didn't stop here either. They continued on, leaving only a small group behind. All of California, to my knowledge, fell to the Enclave. They sent someone inside to assassinate Mr. House, the last guy running this place. We're still not sure how it was done." He shrugs. "I reprogrammed the Securitrons at the gate to shoot at Enclave soldiers. At least that's what I thought I did. They'll shoot at anyone who gets close enough. We keep an eye out for visitors and I'll go deactivate them if they're not Enclave." He glances over to Julie, then back to the reporter. "When the Enclave realised we were going to be a problem, they set up a siege here. We still had power and clean water, but we were running out of food and ammunition. We put out a call for help the same day the Enclave told us to surrender or Lake Mead would be irradiated." He stops there, because he's got to go get a bottle of water from the bar. He doesn't care if he's followed. If he's not, he'll return to where they are, otherwise, things will continue at the bar.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:09 pm

"So far from being terrorists, you're just trying to maintain the independence of your homeland." She takes a sip of her beer. "Could you elaborate on the background of the factions in this area? Who are the NCR and the Followers of the Apocalypse? With the Derscons dead, how long do you predict the Enclave will stay away?"

All this is being taped and sent to the Daily Bell offices.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Arcade slightly nods. "We don't want the Enclave here, no. We'd have been fine with the NCR, but we did prefer being independent. Sorry, the NCR is the New California Republic. They really spread out fast, which is probably why they lost so horribly to the Enclave recently. Too much territory, not enough people to cover it. The Followers, that's us, are all scholars, though some of us are doctors and researchers. I'm just a researcher, though I do have medical training. Julie knows more about the history, I think. As to how long the Enclave will stay away? Not long is my best guess." He shrugs slightly.

The redheaded Tex wanders over after listening in for a few moments. "They won't stay away. They know that those foreign soldiers had nothing to do with the bitch's death. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they tagged me on it already. They knew my talents. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted an infiltration soon for an assassination." He barely glances at the reporter. "They knew I was here. They knew you were here, Arcade."

"Don't remind me." Arcade groans and rubs his temples lightly. He looks at the reporter. "There are at least two former Enclave soldiers here, both of whom deserted. They're really not going to let us just walk away from all of this. They see Tex and me as their own citizens, even though we've both renounced any ties we had with the Enclave completely. We're both citizens of New Vegas now. It's one of the reasons why we need international recognition as our own nation. If we're our own nation, then the Enclave can't go across our borders without causing an international incident. Eden may be a bloodthirsty bastard, but he's not stupid. He knows there's very likely other powers out there that can stop him. In other words, we need international protection from them. Otherwise, they will come in here by force and slaughter us all." He's forgotten about the question of other factions in the area.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm

"I can't make guarantees, but our government is pretty lenient about recognizing nations that want to break off. Heck, some Eastern European cantons broke off a while back without a fuss. They came back, but the point is, we tend to respect the desires of people who want out."

"Of course, we're not exactly the best guys to have as backup, given official government policy of neutrality," pipes up one of the mercenaries. "You could get some Swiss volunteers to fight alongside you but I'm not sure how many would be willing to sign up."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

(OOC: Just so you know, if this were broadcast, and A&A condemned the Enclave for it, Bismouth would follow suit. A&A is much closer to us than The Enclave you know. Gotta appease the powers that are closest to you you know!)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:59 pm

Arcade actually smiles at this. "I hope they'll recognise us. What I really hope is that whatever's become of China recognises us as well. If the Enclave is afraid of one thing, it's China. If there's anyone over there still, and if they're in better shape, the Enclave may back down and leave us be." He glances to the mercenary. "I hope it won't come to that, but thank you."

(OOC: I refuse to comment on A&A's stance on this at the moment. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

(OOC: Just sayin' Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 pm

"Hmm. We made contact with who's left a while back. It's a country by the name of Alanda and Alexia. They're pretty much intact." She pulls out a datapad with map and satellite pictures of the country. Yes, there are satellite images of the Enclave areas but to the Swiss, it's a bunch of unfamiliar wasteland.

Donahue has stopped filming at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Arcade nods slightly. "I don't want to rely on them still hating what we were during the great war that almost wiped us out. Is there any way you can get a message out to the other nations concerning our plea to be considered an independent nation? I don't know if our communications equipment here could have reached that far." He glances over at said equipment which is emitting nothing but static at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

"We can conclude our news segment on this with a plea by you. I don't think the Enclave would have the capability to knock out our satellites."

Donahue prepares to resume filming.

(OOC: Now I'm wondering if the news crew will make it back without attack by raiders or Caesar's Legion, if they're still around. It's 420 miles from Vegas to the boat waiting for them off the coast near where San Antonio used to be. I know San Antonio is not a coastal city but it's fairly close to the coast.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:19 pm

(OOC: The Legion used to be in the mid-west. It got swallowed up by the Enclave. Raiders, it's possible, but most of them have gone to the Enclave by now. San Antonio isn't fairly close to the coast. Heh. It's a good 2-3 hours drive from SA to any coastline.)

Arcade nods. "I'm not good at making pleas, but here goes. Many of us here remember or have heard stories from those that do remember what the Enclave has done in the past. We want nothing to do with them. They have attempted to take New Vegas by force, even threatening us with irradiating our only clean water source." He holds up the surrender note for good measure. Stupid of the Enclave to put that in writing. "We ask to be recognised as a nation of our own. We sent out the plea for help, however, the Enclave has cut off our communications more than once now. We fear they may return and once again attempt to take us by force. Please, if you cannot assist us in any other way, at least recognise us as an independent nation and stand with us in spirit against the atrocities that the Enclave has threatened already and will likely threaten us with in the future."

Just about everyone in the room from New Vegas and the surrounding areas looks at Arcade as if they're impressed. He must not be good at this if they're impressed now.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm

"Thank you, Mr. Gannon, for your time. This recording will be sent to the Daily Bell office if it isn't jammed by the Enclave and should be broadcast shortly." She gets up to leave. They're going to camp outside of the truck, with there being a watch for intruders and thieves and whatnot. Not that it's likely to happen. Robbing a small camp of 36 fairly well-armed and armored mercenaries is pretty stupid.

(OOC: It's fairly close on a map. I didn't really know any other major city near the coast of Texas.)
(OOC: http://www.gunpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/shot09-lenco-armored-truck.jpg The truck is pretty much a much larger version of this. Maybe I should have said there were multiple trucks. Actually, I will. It is now ret-conned that there are five of these outside, but kind of cramped inside with food and equipment.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm

There is no response to the developments from Bismouth. They seem to be waiting for the responses of the Swiss and A&A.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 pm

(OOC: Houston...... Razz)

They're left alone along the trip back. The Enclave troops don't look happy about leaving them alone, but hey, not a good idea to piss off a nation that could flatten you. Eden's not stupid. Arrogant, egotistical, and underhanded, yes, but not stupid.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:05 am

(OOC: Hmm. I should have remembered that from when I was looking up cities in Texas to put main universe Pariah in. Also, I didn't see it when I was looking up cities in Texas on the coast even though it's right on this link I clicked earlier: http://www.elderoptionsoftexas.com/about_texas_gulf_coast.htm)

And so they make the trip safely to Houston, confirming that the video was sent through properly. After minimal editing, the interview and plea for recognition is broadcast internationally and the full interview with transcript is put on the internet. This is also picked up by the Rheans as a minor news item and sent to other planets if they care to hear it. After a good amount of political pressure, the Swiss government officially recognizes New Vegas as an independent nation. For extra measure, Panzersharkcat recognizes it as well, though it's not going to do anything. The other states on Rhea remain neutral on the, to them, virtual non-issue.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Even Rutianas gets it, though there's no response from them. They're uninterested in what's going on. After all, they are trading partners with the Enclave.

Reva, however, does formally recognise them. They even send a rather nasty message to Shein practically demanding him to reconsider.

Alanda and Alexia are very quick to recognise New Vegas as an independent nation. Within hours, they broadcast a message through the planet. They're advanced enough that it would be picked up by others.

"The sovereign nation of Alanda and Alexia formally recognise New Vegas as an independent nation. Furthermore, we hereby promise military support to this new nation should they be attacked by Enclave forces." Short, but sweet. At least to New Vegas. The Enclave must be irritated by this.

An hour after A&A's message is sent out, the Rutians do recognise New Vegas as a nation of their own. What they do not do is pledge any military support or cease trading with the Enclave. What they do is send a diplomat to the Enclave to try and work this situation out. They do send out a message stating their intent to send a diplomat and any other nation is welcome to join the delegation for a peaceful solution. Looks like Rutianas knows full well what the typical Enclave response is.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm

The Swiss response is to send Chancellor (and Prince) Raphael Bertinelli with a pair of Rocket Reds to guard him. If harm comes to a member of the Italian royal family... yeah.

Panzersharkcat does not send anybody.

(OOC: Hmm... Eden is still at Raven Rock, yes? I ask because if there is a war declared against Switzerland, there will be a thermobaric bomb headed his way, and those things go deep into caves. 1100 feet, to be precise.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:06 am

Bismouth puts out a statement recognizing New Vegas as a sovereign nation mere moments after the conclusion of the A&A statement. They probably had two statements prepared, and simply issued the one that fell in line with what A&A said.

It's not a very strong statement, but it does recognize sovereignty. No pledge of support.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:40 am

The Rutian diplomat just happens to be Dylan, Shein's nephew. The telepath. He's even got Michael with him. They work best together. They arrive with guard near Raven Rock, even though they were told not to show up by the Enclave. They don't follow directions too well. No one dares shoot at them since they're aware of what the Rutians can do. Upon arrival to the base at Raven Rock, they're told to wait until an appropriate person can be found to talk with them further.

Dylan can't resist. "What? No Aisha to meet us?" He's got a little smirk present and is met with several grumbles and growls from nearby soldiers.

Michael elbows Dylan sharply, though not intending to hurt him. "Shut up," comes the hiss.

Dylan just pulls an innocent expression.

And so, they wait. Other diplomats would be brought there to wait. Neither Rutian is hiding their color changing eyes. Probably for the 'scare' factor for the Enclave's benefit. They are quite hesitant about coming near the Rutians.

(OOC: Yes, Eden is still at Raven Rock, which is why the Rutians showed up there. Also, when I checked what the actual relationship was between Shein and Dylan, I was surprised that no one noticed originally he was Shein's nephew and that got shifted to cousin somehow. Anyway, it's back to nephew as it should be. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Roald sends out a simple radio message.

"The United Municipalities of Hew recognizes the independence of the City of New Vegas. Should the sovereignty of New Vegas be threatened, the United Municipalities will move to defend New Vegas."

They do decide to send a diplomat, Major Harvan Aden. The Chancellor might or might not recognize him from the events of Exploration of the West, and has since been promoted, but that's a different matter.

Meanwhile, no response from Selathorn. They don't enjoy interfering in the politics of smaller nations, especially when there is little or nothing directly impacting the Republic in the first place. While there's quite a bit of public pressure to recognize them, the Senate has decided to dismiss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Voice from the Dark (MT)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next