Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Voice from the Dark (MT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Roald shrugs and says, "Radio, television, newspaper, Internet. We don't really have much of a media in the first place so I don't think it's too much of a problem."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:06 pm

Caesar and Tex actually look at each other with raised eyebrows. Tex decides to take the lead here. "Well, we've heard of television and newspapers, but I think I can speak for both of us when I say what the hell is the internet?" Caesar nods in agreement.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 am

The High Priest chuckles at this.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm

(OOC: "It's a series of tubes!"

"No, no, no. You've got it wrong. The internet is made of cats!")
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Roald turns to Caesar and Tex.

"That's right, you probably shouldn't know what it was, as the idea was only floating around in the scientific community when the Great War started. We had plenty of scientists over here and we eventually found documents detailing how it would be done, so we decided to try and put it together. We only built the network five or so years ago here in Hew. It's basically something linking computers together via an electronic network. I really don't know how to explain it. While it's not exactly widespread in Hew, it has definitely eased things up. I can show you some of our computer terminals connected to the internet, if you would like. Also, now that the treaty is signed, you can have dinner in Hew if you wish, now that dusk is approaching. It should be a change from what you usually eat, yes?"

He then turns to Al'cia.

"This applies for you too, of course."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:55 pm

The High Priest says, "Interesting. We were unaware that other nations had found a way to connect computers. Our systems are also connected via a system we call the Internet, though, they have serious limitations."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 pm

Al'cia raises a brow. "We really did take you back to the stone age." There's a touch of regret in her voice. "Our computers are linked through wireless means. Everything is connected to it. We just call it The Net."

Caesar merely nods at all explanations. "Sounds almost like you could somehow link up everyone and become globally connected." He chuckles at the thought, not realising how correct he is.

Tex just shakes his head. "Strange, but interesting."

Caesar nods at the mention of food. "I'm sure your food would be very different from what we're used to eating. I'm hesitant to accept the offer though. If we were to eat food here it might make things more difficult when they," he jerks his thumb toward his guards, "get home and start talking about it. Best to stick to what we've got at home."

Tex can't help but laugh. "I can't believe I'm agreein' with him as much as I am, but yeah, I could see that bein' a real problem. I know Julie and Arcade would be pissed if I had food here and told them about it."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:38 pm

Roald shrugs. "Fine by me. Did you bring your own food, then? It might be a good idea to stay until morning for you two, avoid the problems of traveling by night."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm

Caesar and Tex actually look at each other for a moment, then both start chuckling.

Caesar explains. "Travel by night in the Wastelands is no more dangerous than travel by day."

Tex looks at Roald. "You really should take a stroll through the wastes sometime."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Roald laughs at Tex. "You thought I was always in this position? When I was twenty-six, which was about twenty years ago for reference, my scientists and I were driven out of Fountain Hill, which was and still is the center of research in this area. We had to walk most of the way to a little town named Oberursel up north losing about half of our men along the way. Oberursel was the home of an insane cult worshiping a sentient zombie named Baron Brixius, and we holed up there for about three years. Then I met Sonny and Veradux, and that's not even the middle of my story. But I'm getting off track, the point is that I've been forced to go to less then desirable locations before and that in this area it's actually much safer to walk in day. Zombies are more active in the night, and this danger sets apart the United Municipalities from the rest of the wasteland I suppose. Still, navigation is clearer at day, no?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Tex smiles and nods. "Touche." He chuckles.

Caesar has no reaction to the story. He just leans back. "We're camped fairly close to the border. It'll be easier for us to go there. Tex is welcome to come with us, or he can stay here. I don't care which."

Tex glances at Caesar, then sighs. "Might as well."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 pm

"Fine with me."

(OOC: So... does this end now?)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:26 pm

(OOC: Pretty much. Can't think of anything else to add. Well, okay, Al'cia goes with them to talk to Caesar more, but nothing that I need to RP out.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:30 pm

(OOC: K.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Voice from the Dark (MT)   A Voice from the Dark (MT) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Voice from the Dark (MT)
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8