Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legacy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 pm

Arren even agrees with Teresa. "I'm hoping violence won't be necessary. If it is, we're probably already screwed."

Anyway, when they get to the network that's still active, there's already someone there banging on the door. The guy looks like Shein. There's even a slight tone in his voice that sounds like Shein.

"Lucas! I know you're in there! Open the damned door before I break it down!" The Shein look alike doesn't seem to notice the others coming toward him.

Arren is floored by this. He doesn't even speak. He's shaking his head like this is just not possible. He's convinced it's Shein.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 pm

"Should I?" asks PG. "If you need me to, there's a lot of ways to break it down."

(OOC: Lucas will at the very least make fun of the cleavage window in her outfit. Distracted? Hopefully. This would be why: http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100403210225/marvel_dc/images/7/76/Pg.jpg )
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:51 pm

The guy that looks a hell of a lot like Shein doesn't even look at who's talking to him. "No. He's in there and he will let me in." He bangs on the door again. "Besides, I can break it down." Now he looks over at the girl talking to him. He doesn't even notice what she's wearing. He looks toward Arren and the others. No real recognition there. He does give Arren an odd look though. "Long way from home, aren't you."

"What the fuck?" is all Arren can manage.

The look alike turns back to the door and bangs again. "You got company, Lucas, and I don't mean just me!"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:54 pm

"OK. I barely know anything about you two outside of what Dmitri has told me, but this is weird." She tries to peak through the door with her X-ray vision (which doesn't really involve X-rays). "Damn. Lead-lined."
Back to top Go down
Shakuhou

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:09 am

chein-yu had just look up vampires and was reading about one of the vampire name Lucas As she was reading a other one caution her eye on it. And was about to go seach about it when the internet went very crazy.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 am

"The alternate future Shein is not dead," Teresa says quietly.

"Lucas, my name is Teresa Trimbalt. I am from Burnination, and I have been sent to speak with you. You should know that we will come inside regardless of whether or not you open this door," Teresa says loudly towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:22 am

Arren shrugs at Teresa. "No clue."

The Shein-look-alike glances toward Teresa. Absolutely no recognition in his eyes. He looks back toward the door. "You hear that, Lucas?"

There's a bit of static coming from a door panel, then a voice. "You'd survive, they wouldn't. Explain it to them."

"I knew you were in there. Turn off the security and open the damned door. It's crazy out here!" The Shein look-alike growls toward the panel. He does turn to the others. "Unless you don't need air to survive, you wouldn't get past all the security in there. Some hallways are a vacuum. Doors close, air gets sucked out." He looks back to the panel. "Lucas, please, let us in." No response. A moment later, the look-alike speaks in a hiss toward the panel. "Lucas, if you don't let us in and turn the security off, I'll move. I'll go anywhere other than here and I'll even go to another planet." He sounds serious.

A few seconds later, an electronic buzzing sounds from the door. The look-alike opens it and glances to the others. "Ladies first?" He motions toward the hallway. "The security is turned off."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:11 pm

"Fear not," Teresa says. "Such a pathetic trick would be a minor annoyance." She steps through the door, motioning Arren to follow. "You should probably do most of the talking," she says to him. "I'm not good at playing other peoples' games."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Arren follows, though he gives the look alike an odd look as he goes through the door. He speaks to Teresa though. "Neither am I, but I'll do my best." He glances to the Rheans there. "Lucas is insane and he likes to play mind games."

The look-alike actually laughs. "Oh, that's putting it mildly." Once everyone is inside, the look alike leads the way. It's a maze of corridors and he's obviously been here many times.

Arren still hasn't confronted the look-alike and the look-alike really hasn't seemed to recognise anyone among them.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:22 pm

The two look slightly confused. Dmitri didn't tell them about this.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:54 pm

(OOC: Pass until we meet Lucas.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm

The look-alike opens one last door and leads the group into a room that's full of computers. One whole wall is dedicated to monitors and a single desk in the center. A high backed chair is at the desk and only lower arms and hands are seen as keyboards are tapped on. The person at the chair speaks, though with a bored tone. "State your business and leave."

The look-alike approaches the computers and leans down. "Death is with them, Lucas."

The chair turns slowly and the person is revealed. The teenager there studies the group, then focuses on Arren. "I'd say it was good to see you again, but if Shein sent you, there's a problem. Good thing you can't affect me, hmm? But I can affect you." He folds his hands over his stomach, leaning back in his chair. "State your business."

The look-alike doesn't rejoin them, but stands there beside Lucas.

Arren still seems a little stunned by the fact that Shein would appear to be here. He can't figure it out. "Well, umm..." Yeah, lot of help he is.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Black Canary, in the security room, blinds the Eye with a Sonic Scream. Black Lightning starts messing up a lot of circuitry by overloading them while Mr. Terrific does the real job of shutting down Brother Eye. Upon deactivation and fall into orbit, all OMACs shut down and release their hosts.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:09 pm

(OOC: Wait, we know Lucas is responsible for this? I thought we only knew it came from this planet.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 pm

(OOC: I thought we did. Given that that's who's there upon tracing it, but whatever. Deleted.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:17 pm

(OOC: It isn't known that Lucas is causing it, but he DOES have the only system on Esoteric that is operating properly according to scans.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm

(OOC: My scans from that handheld can't see the entire planet! It's nice of you to have such confidence in my tech though Wink)

"We are here to see if we can't ascertain the origins of the dangerous computer virus currently wreaking havoc across the galaxy," Teresa says. "I was told I'd need your authorization to investigate on Esoteric."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:14 pm

(OOC: Well, visual confirmation then. His computer system is working fine.)

Lucas just tilts his head slightly, then looks at the look-alike. "Why did you let them in?" He doesn't seem angry. He's just bored.

The look-alike shrugs. "My keycard didn't work. It got sick." He shakes his head. "If you'd let me in when I first started banging, they'd be out there wondering where the hell you were."

Arren starts to look even more confused. "Okay, wait. Shein, what are you doing here?"

The look-alike and Lucas both look at Arren before Lucas begins to laugh. The look-alike turns his eyes skyward for a moment, then looks at Arren. "I'm not Shein. Don't want to be either."

Arren blinks several times, then just shakes his head. "Whatever." He obviously doesn't believe it.

Lucas didn't answer Teresa's comments. Nope. He probably hasn't forgotten about it either. Just ignoring it.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:17 pm

The two look at each other with baffled looks.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:12 am

Teresa nods. She glances at her watch. "If you will not follow the rules of courtesy," Teresa says, "I will not follow your rules either."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:26 am

Lucas looks at Teresa with a raised brow. "You're on my planet." He ignores the 'ahem' from the look-alike. "You follow my rules. If I let you investigate, you do so at my sufferance."

The look-alike shakes his head. "Lucas, they're suffering from the virus."

"So? Let them figure it out." Lucas turns back to the monitors. He touches one key on the keyboard and the monitors begin to flicker through a sequence of reports from Rhea. Rutianas is silent since the commnet went down.

The look-alike watches the monitors for a moment before looking down at Lucas. "Don't tell me..."

Arren shakes his head and moves over toward the look-alike. "We're leaving." He reaches out to take hold of the look-alike's arm.

Lucas speaks softly, but doesn't turn around. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Arren ignores him and does take the look-alike's arm.

Dmitri might have been able to stop this from happening. It takes about half a second before Arren is sprawled on the floor near Teresa's feet. The look-alike is crouched and hissing at Arren, bearing fangs. Looks like the look-alike didn't lie when he said he wasn't Shein.

Lucas sighs rather dramatically. "I told you not to." He turns the chair around and reaches over, gently stroking the look-alike's hair. "He told you he wasn't Shein. He was a Darson when he was alive though." He turns his attention to Teresa. "Investigate the planet, but you won't find what you're looking for out there."

The look-alike is focused only on Arren. He's not moving, though he looks ready to pounce at the first sign of danger.

Arren gets up from the floor and just stares at the look-alike. He's even more confused and stunned now. Probably the first time to get thrown across a room. He's not hurt, except for a bit of pride.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 7:58 am

"You imply that I will find what I am looking for in here," Teresa replies. She makes no comment regarding Shein, and also does not respond to the sufferance comment, mostly because the only real response is that she could easily blow him up from space.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Her eyes glow red. "Exactly. Spill. People have died or lost their life savings because of you so you're going to fix it, NOW." At "NOW," she stomps her foot, causing shockwaves for hundreds of meters.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Lucas was going to respond to Teresa when the Rhean throws a fit. He paused, mouth open to speak, then closed it and turned slightly to face the girl. He speaks, but not to her. "Did I ever do that?"

The look-alike stays in the crouch because of the shockwaves, even though Lucas didn't seem phased by it. "Yes. More than once."

Lucas shrugs and turns back to Teresa. "You're just as interesting as my young friend here. You don't play games." He points to the Rhean. "She, however, just might." He turns his attention to her again. "People have died? Oh, yes. Well, is it really my fault that the Rutians can't build a system to keep out a simple computer virus?" Simple to him maybe. Baffling to just about everyone else. "Or your own people, for that matter. Think of this as a learning experience." He looks to Teresa. "Your people, however, passed." He turns back to the computer, placing three discs in three different drives.

Arren's still focused on the look-alike. "Who are you?"

The look-alike finally stands up straight. "Esteban Klein." He tilts his head as he studies Arren. "Though you might know me best as Michael Darson."

Arren looks like he was just punched. "Not possible. He died over one hundred years ago."

The look-alike nods once. "Yeah, I know. I was there. The date that you know as my death was the date I was brought into this life. And yes, I am quite aware of how much I look like Shein. Or how much he looks like me, to be exact."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:53 pm

"I'm not in the mood for games. It was hardly a simple computer virus and it's hardly their fault when YOU designed and released it. You caused it, you fix it, or is the simple idea of responsibility beyond you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legacy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legacy
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: