Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Legacy

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 pm

(OOC: No "you trying to enact discipline?!?!" comments from Arren or Shein? They must be really distracted Razz)

Teresa glances at Arren, Shein and Esteban. If it's possible to glare in a glance, that's actually a better description. "Why I always have to bring foreigners," she mutters.

She cocks her head to the side as if she's listening to something.

"I've got confirmation," she says, "we're 95% sure that Burnination is virus-free, except our three testing computers. The nets have been shut down again to avoid contamination. The question is what's next? Should we communicate with it now that it's sentient, or should we destroy it? Do we even have the right to since it's sentient?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:30 pm

"I wouldn't, but if it's malevolent and not going to be stopped otherwise, yes. I've had to fry a lot of Yellows. Rather not think about it."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Shein looks at Teresa. "Hey, it's not every day you get to meet your great-grandfather and him physically look younger than you. Okay? Not to mention, feel like you're looking into a fucking mirror, okay?" He rests a hand on Arren's shoulder, letting him know in just that touch that it's okay.

Esteban raises a brow at the comment, then nods. "Yeah, something like that." He tilts his head toward an empty spot in the room. He and Shein go over to talk quietly so they don't disturb the others.

Lucas smirks at Shein, then shrugs to Teresa. "I'm sure he decided to come here and I'm also pretty sure Arren told him about Esteban." He nods to the rest of the news. "Good. In that case, it might be easier if I try and work on it there. If you're willing to let me, that is. You've got it isolated. I can't access anything else. I'm not trying to be a pain here. Really."

Esteban looks over at Lucas. He's obviously been paying attention to everything else. "Not alone. If you go, I go." He looks pretty serious.

Lucas shrugs. "Up to them if they even let me go work on it there. Better computers. Not to mention, I can probably figure out how it got in there." He looks toward the Rhean. "Well, I don't know if it is malevolent. It might not be. I have to try and figure out what it wants. It's obviously not going to talk to me on my computers, so I do need to go somewhere it won't expect me."
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 9:40 pm

(OOC: He's not a Rhean. If the GL in question is not Borkowski or an alien species, he's from Earth. A bit harder to tell with the others, but whatever. Again with the confusing ethnicities and whatnot.)

He stops to consider and then tosses Lucas his power ring. "Try it. I've authorized you to use it but it ultimately responds to me. Don't worry. You won't burn up. The ring will protect you. Just think up something and it will appear. You have the will, right?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Teresa rolls her eyes at Shein.

She nods to Lucas. "You may come," she says. And to Esteban, as if he asked permission, "you may come as well."

"Ugh, Lanterns. Their solutions to everything involve throwing rings at the problem. Those things will likely NOT be allowed in Burnination for this," she says when the lantern gives Lucas a ring.

And to Shein and Esteban off talking in the corner: "Yoohoo, Darson...s. We're moving out."

And they're beamed up. Transportation, arrival at Burnination's lab where the three computers are. Arren, Shein, Esteban, and Lucas would all be allowed inside. The Lantern would also be allowed, but no powers and no power rings.

Tight armed guard, and Thorgood's there to watch Lucas work his programming. Just to make sure there's no funny business. Thorgood knows funny business when Thorgood sees funny business.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:18 pm

"For your information, Miss Know It All, this ring is a highly advanced supercomputer. I'm just seeing if he would know how to use it to coax this virus down."

Supposing he gets the ring back, he flies off away from them, mumbling, "Gee, Green Lantern. However can we thank you for helping us beat that Eldritch abomination. Why, miss. It was no problem at all. Only too glad to help."

Eldritch abomination could mean both Slaaneesh or Nekron or both.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Lucas tosses the ring back. "Thanks, but no thanks. Don't want to deal with one of those really. I was nearly fried by one once." He nods to Teresa. Everyone who's leaving goes.

Once they're finally there, Lucas does take a seat at one of the computers. He doesn't even acknowledge Thorgood. He just starts working. It doesn't take the computer long to lock him out. "Well, that was unexpected." He frowns and moves to another one.

Shein and Esteban are close by, talking softly with each other. Arren is nearby both of them almost as if he's guarding both of them.

Lucas doesn't seem to be doing anything funny either. He's truly trying to hack into the virus. The second computer ends up much like the first. He moves to the third, then pauses. "I wonder...." He looks over toward Esteban. "'Ban, I need you over here."

Esteban sighs and heads over, not really happy about being pulled away from his discussion with Shein. "What?"

"I need you to do exactly what I tell you to do." Lucas sits him down at the first computer rather than the third. He walks Esteban through a rather intricate side step on being locked out. Esteban is soon back into the computer. Lucas just laughs. "LEGACY figured it out. It knew I was here somehow."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 pm

"Given all the times the Green Lantern Corps has saved the universe, nay, the multiverse from destruction, you'd think she'd show more gratitude. Remind me not to shield that planet should some crazy Rutian blow it up with MIDAS."

"She can be a bitch, sometimes. I know. Still, I think it's time for our resident super-genius to get in on this. Black Speeder out."

He finds Luthor, informs him of the virus, then threatens him with the possibility that the virus may delete his work and backups when he doesn't seem interested. And so they head forth via the Nightwing towards Rutia to get directions to wherever the others are.

(OOC: Would using this work? : http://www.dccomics.com/sites/greenlantern/?pr=dkrtzyrrr )
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:24 am

Burninite researchers try to communicate with the virus in one of the computers Lucas has been locked out of. Computers still register what the keys are saying irregardless of what they're doing at the time. So the researchers try talking to it, both in Common (English) and Binary.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:32 am

The virus seems to ignore both Common and Binary. At least when the Burninites are at the keyboard. Esteban, though, is having some success at Lucas's direction. Seems the Virus didn't get beyond these three computers here, but based on the responses, it's trying to and it's unhappy being trapped.

The Rutians would inform the Rheans that they're working on Burnination and that Burnination have taken themselves off the net to avoid the virus again. Best to contact Shein or Arren.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 am

And so they head that way and contact them by radio. "Shein, this is Dimtri with Luthor in tow. Permission to get permission from the others to let us board?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 am

"I wonder how it knows who's at the keyboard," Thorgood says. "There's no way for these machines to see or hear us. It must pick us up some other way."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:13 am

And they drift onward, waiting for them to let them dock.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Lucas looks over at Thorgood when he says that. "It shouldn't be able to tell. Why?" He wanders over to the other console to see what they're doing.

Esteban keeps up with what he's doing, just talking with the virus. Seems to be a pretty decent conversation going about nothing important. Mostly bitching about Lucas of all things.

Shein and Arren also go over there to keep an eye on things. They're paying attention until Shein's datapad chimes. He looks at it. "Hmm. Dmitri is hanging around wanting to join in. He's got Luthor with him. They want permission to join us."

Lucas nods to Shein, then looks at Thorgood. "Can't hurt to have someone else who's good with this stuff join in."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Thorgood looks around and blinks. "Oh right, I'm important now. Uh, yeah, sure, I don't see why not. I'm pretty sure that our defense grid won't fire on them."

"Thorgood!" Teresa.

"Oh fine."

Yes, they can enter.

"Right, I said that because the virus won't talk to you," Thorgood says. "It's talking only to Esteban."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Shein relays the permission to join in.

Lucas looks at Thorgood for a moment, head tilted to one side. "Did I say you weren't important? I certainly didn't meant to insinuate that." He shrugs and looks back at the console. "I wonder..." He looks to the third one. "Can someone try and communicate with it on the third console?"

Esteban turns to look at the others. "Lucas, the virus is asking why others are trying to talk to it. I think it's confused."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

And so they do, Dmitri very impatiently so. Luthor looks over the computer screen, rather intrigued by this little virus. He plugs in his new computer, letting the virus enter it. It's not going to spread. He tries.

"Hello. My name is Alexander Luthor. What is your name?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 pm

(OOC: Pass)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:16 pm

The virus ignores Luthor as well, though it definitely spreads to his computer.

Esteban looks over toward Luthor, but only after he's introduced himself to the virus. "Lucas? Can this thing actually respond to everyone at the same time?"

Lucas shrugs. "I'd assume yes. It's just being stubborn."

Shein gets on the third terminal and starts trying to communicate with it, first in English, then in German. No response.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

"Is something wrong? Is it your creator? Are you upset with Lucas?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

"Idea," Teresa says.

"What?" Thorgood

She pulls out a Shruiken Pistol and points it at Thorgood. Thorgood jumps back, knocking his chair over. Teresa fires, and the computer splutters and dies.

"That," she says, "certainly got their attention."

She pulls up a keyboard to another computer, and threatens it to respond.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 pm

The word 'Yes' comes across Luthor's screen.

Esteban frowns faintly, then practically yelps as Teresa shoots another computer.

Lucas also had to jump back when the computer was shot at. He hisses at Teresa, but doesn't really make any threatening move. Just fangs and a hiss. "And what good do you think that is going to do?"

Luthor's screen flashes again. 'Why did they do that?'

Esteban looks back at his screen. "Lucas, it's not responding to me anymore."

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 pm

"I suppose it was to get your attention. Rather rude, I think. What did Lucas do?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:12 pm

"Everything always has to have a military solution for you people," Thorgood says. "Oh, here's a problem, let's shoot at it. If that doesn't work, why don't we try blowing it up. How's that sound?" He finishes. By the end, he's not restraining himself very well.

Teresa raises an eyebrow. "Well your way was getting us exactly nowhere. Was my way any worse?"

"YES!" Thorgood yelps. "You almost shot me!"

"I wasn't aiming at you Thorgood."

"What if you had to ... cough ... or something? Huh?"

"Then I wouldn't have pulled the trigger."

Thorgood slams his folder back down on the desk a bit harder than necessary. "Look Teresa, next time you have the urge to make an impulsive move, ask me first please."

Teresa crosses her arms.

"I," Thorgood declares, "have a much better idea." He produces a plug-in video device and audio device for the computer. He inserts it into his machine. "Rather then shoot at it," Thorgood says, "I've decided to throw mine a bone and give it more capability than it had before."

He tries talking to it. Apologizing and all. Explaining to that it can now see them.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 pm

Dmitri smirks at Teresa getting yelled at, remembering what she was like six months earlier, and in fact, a short while ago with Kyle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Legacy - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy   Legacy - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Legacy
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: