Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A War as Cold as Space Itself

Go down 
+2
Christana
Heraklea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heraklea

Heraklea

A War as Cold as Space Itself Empty
PostSubject: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:57 pm

A tense peace has been established between Heraklea and Christana, but the Herakleans and the Christanans have begun a power struggle for dominance in the central region of Korel space.  There are numerous states between Heraklea and Christana that the two are already courting as potential allies for when the fighting spills over again.

Heraklean Camp
Christanan Camp
State of HerakleaFree Planet of Christana
Planetary Governate of Alpha CentauriConfederated States of Rhea
Hierarchy of the OrdenreichFree Cortane Forces
Republic of ZamenhofMost Serene Republic of Lucius
Transitional Authority of Corta
Provisional Government of Trapper
The Two Kings:
The United Kingdom of Kabed and Shref is a constitutional monarchy containing two star systems (Kabed and Shref).  Despite the history of ethnic tension and mutual bloodshed, the marriage between King Youssef II of Kabed and Queen Yasmine I of Shref and merger of the two kingdoms established a new peace between the peoples.  The ascension of their son, King Youssef I of Kabed and Shref, formalized the dynastic union and led many to believe that the ethnic violence was at an end.  Unfortunately, Youssef I has recently died childless and unmarried, creating a succession crisis that has re-sparked ethnic tensions.  Ibrahim, the Kabedi uncle of Youssef I, has control of Kabed while Asif, the mixed-blooded brother of Youssef I, has the backing of the Shrefi.  Both men claim the crown of the United Kingdom, though neither one has yet decided to pull the trigger on a war to settle the matter, despite what their advisers recommend.  This is as much due to a reluctance to kill a family member as it is due to the fact that neither believe they would be assured victory.

Serenity for Some:
The Most Serene Republic of Lucius was created by the Lucius Colonial Company after the planet was successfully settled.  Since that time, the Lucian economy has flourished as a hub of trade and tourist destination.  The classical liberalism that forms the central ideology of the government has guaranteed its citizens and visitors a great deal of freedom.  The same cannot be said for the Lucian slave population.  Forced to labor in hard and dangerous conditions, or service customers in a Lucian slave brothel, the modern Lucian slaves are mostly the descendants of debtors or criminals that the government condemned to an indentured status.  In recent generations, a more progressive element of Lucian society has begun emerging.  This new faction calls for an end to slavery in Lucius and has already begun butting heads in a large way with the dominant slave holders.  Recognizing that a war between Heraklea and Christana would inevitably come straight through their own system and bearing in mind Heraklea's long held anti-slavery stance, the Lucian Government is making overtures toward the Christanans in hope of protection, even as Heraklea begins establishing communication with the Abolitionists.

Belligerence:
Between Heraklea and Christana lies a pair of systems in close proximity together.  In one system is the Republic of Ivania, a liberal democracy that has been content for most of its history to ignore the rest of the galaxy and tend to its own affairs.  In the other is the Republic of Oscland, a brutal and repressive dictatorship.  Although there is no historical enmity between the Ivanian and Osclish, relations have recently taken a downturn between the states.  Ivanian activists have begun agitating for democratic reforms in Oscland, and Osclish raiders have begun targeting Ivanian shipping in retaliation.  The diplomatic situation continues to worsen, and both states have begun looking for aid from their stronger neighbors.

Echoes of the Dead:
Praos was settled by hopeful colonists who were almost at the end of their food supplies by the time they had arrived.  An automated construction system was sent to the planet to prepare it for inhabitation as the colonists continued life on board their ship.  With food supplies dwindling, and agrarian production not yet yielding crops, the scientific team was under enormous pressure to find a solution.  They did in the form of native vegetation.  Unfortunately, the vegetation was teeming with alien bacteria which quickly adapted to human physiology.  The plague borne by the vegetation spread throughout the population and they all died.  The AI on the planet, however, was given no contingency commands for if the human population died, and so it continued to build.  The planet is now entirely covered by a thriving robotic metropolis.  That is constantly expanding its production capacity.  In response to attempted raiders over the years, the AI has also constructed defensive systems and robotic soldier to protect itself.  Both Heraklea and Christana have begun searching for ways of gaining either the allegiance or the obedience of the Praos AI.

Note: The two sides are being described as the Heraklean and Christanan Camps currently because no formal name has yet been given to the two sides.  As events develop and the two factions begin to solidify int blocks with more formal names, they will be renamed.

Last edited by Heraklea on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:41 am

(I also have free Corta forces)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 am

OOC: I'm waiting until they actually talk to you a say we're with you before adding them to your column.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:21 pm

(OOC: Kind of an unofficial suggestion for the Heraklean Camp's name: Stability, Security, Solidarity?

Kind of a totalitarian spin on liberté, égalité, fraternité.)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 pm

OOC: My own thought was the formation of a League of Central Korel (LoCK), but that has a nice ring for a motto.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 am

(Also I want Ivania when we claim our sides since it makes sense. Of course that's when we get to it.)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am

OOC: Fair enough. It might have been amusing to do the ironic thing.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 am

(If you're going to choose a name for our alliance/agreement/whatever let me know so I can add it to the insignia I'm drawing for it)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 pm

(OOC: Rhea can probably be added to the Christanan camp.)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 pm

OOC: Thought I updated it.  My bad.  Guess it failed to go through.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 1:14 am

OOC: May I also suggest that we have a block map that shows allegiances.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:28 pm

(OOC: Neutral! Woot Razz)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Factions Map:

Here's a map with the current factions. Blue hue = Heraklean camp. Orange hue = Christanan camp. White hue = neutral.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:29 pm

The Bastians would be orange as well. Rhea has suzerainty over them.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 pm

OOC: Didn't realize that. Should they be bolded as main PC state or not.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A War as Cold as Space Itself   A War as Cold as Space Itself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A War as Cold as Space Itself
Page 1 of 1