Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Empty
PostSubject: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Somewhere, in the waters of Northeastern Alaska

The Northern Expeditionary Fleet was sailing through the Northeast Passage, en route to Alaska in order to claim the land (and oil, especially the oil) on the behalf of the UMNA, and at it's head was an especially enthusiastic admiral named Alexander Seward. However, said enthusiasm didn't seem to rub on to his subordinates, who often grumbled about their assignments in the Northern Expeditionary Fleet, which rarely did anything of note in it's remote arctic positioning. Alexander Seward his subordinates paid little regard as he carefully monitored communication channels (mostly with the mainland), until he suddenly saw a spike of radio activity. He recognized it as some SOS signal on an old military frequency, locating from the area near Anchorage, which prompted his interest immediately. He then ordered the fleet to direct it's course towards Anchorage, deciding that it was best to investigate...

Somewhere, in a refugee camp in Northwestern Alaska

Vladimir Ivanov, a balding seventy-ish man in a heavy fur coat, stood at an old long-distance radio transmitter with his most trusted technicians, Provost and Lolya. The two technicians were working hard on restoring the transmitter, and it almost seemed to Vladimir that they could potentially actually properly restore it. Still, he kept such feelings back, as they tended to only create false hope, which was especially dangerous when you were the leader a few thousand Russian descendants from refugees who had fled from Russia into Alaska into one of the most dangerous battlefields in the world, and without any proper weaponry to boot. He remembered his trusty old AK-47, which he salvaged from an old gun store so many years ago and used to take out even American soldiers in (century-old) power armor, much less Chinese soldiers in even older combat armor. Still, he was too old for that now, and in any case his two technicians interrupted his reverie when they alerted him of the transmitter finally being restored. With that, he simply nodded and began to transmit a message back to his Russian homeland (in Russian of course), with the (somewhat desperate) intent of getting help from home. It went,

"My Russian comrades, if there are any of you out there to receive this message I urge you to immediately come to my aid. I am one of a few thousand Russians holed up in eastern Alaska and I require urgent aid against the Americans and Chinese in the region. If we cannot get aid soon, our fates will be condemned only to death as we are both greatly outpowered and outnumbered. Until then, we will hold on until the bitter end. Vladimir Ivanov out."

Not the best message, but it would have to do...

(OOC: Yeah yeah I copied from the last thread for your part, I know. Razz)

Last edited by Selathorn on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Likewise for Vladimir, a Swiss expedition into Alaska has been venturing forth, some of them in winterized versions of their MkIII Advanced Power Armor. They answer back in Russian, "Vladimir Ivanov, this is Colonel Tikhonov of the Swiss Alaskan Expeditionary Force. Transmit coordinates and we'll be on our way. Over."

(OOC: And yeah, I copied and pasted my response.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

In a base near Anchorage

Brigadier General Watkins was in the center of the base, overseeing his troops and their defensive preparations against the Chinese forces and their constant attacks, when suddenly one of his subordinates ran towards him to inform him that they had spotted an unknown fleet in the northern waters. Watkins was worried about the possible consequences, it was very very possible that the fleet was Chinese and ready to destroy them or American and ready to assist them. Knowing that if the fleet was hostile, they would likely be destroyed anyways, he decided to head to his communication post to contact them.

"Greetings, unidentified vessels. You are approaching the Anchorage Base of the United States Army. If you are friendly, we welcome you to dock and you will be able to speak to me personally. Brigadier General Watkins out."

In a refugee camp in Northwestern Alaska

Vladimir sends co-ordinates immediately.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:43 pm

(OOC: Honestly, restarting this without A&A/Chinese, really seems a little petty. There was no reason for A&A to stick around in the last one. Punishing A&A/me for that by restarting really doesn't ring right to me. Maybe that's just me though, but I'm sure you two might think the same way if you were in my place here.)
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 pm

(OOC: In retrospect, I agree that it is a bit petty, but the main reason I wanted to restart was not to punish you or A&A but to undo my terrible RPing. Some of the posts I wrote without really caring and ended up making the thread a clogged mess. Hopefully with this thread I can undo that.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

(OOC: Just one last thing. There really should be a reason why the Chinese aren't present in Alaska or didn't send out a signal when the others did. That was one of the main battlegrounds between America and China that led to Nuclear destruction. It's odd that there's Russians there, but no Chinese. The Fallout world is pretty clear about the Chinese invading Alaska and going down through Canada to get to America. I just don't know what to think about this. I went with it in the last thread, which I didn't think was bad. A&A just had no reason to stay. They weren't going to go to war over a frozen wasteland. There's no resources there that they need enough to go to war over it.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

(OOC: They still are there, I mentioned them in my post. The reason they didn't send out a message would be the same reason as why they didn't contact you before, lack of/faulty communications equipment.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:18 pm

(OOC: Well, I was willing to keep going in the old thread but Sela wanted to started, and I complied.)

The Second Foreign Infantry Regiment is sent over, with the rest of the Sixth Infantry Brigade staying behind. They show up, many of them in armored vehicles and power armor, at the trenches and and mass of shoddy shacks, assuming the description of the settlement hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm

In a base near Anchorage

Admiral Seward replied to Brigadier General Watkins with a short message, "Understood. We are the Northern Expeditionary Fleet of the United Municipalities of North American and our purpose is to explore and document Alaska and nearby regions."

As Brigadier General Watkins listens to the message, he couldn't help but wonder what the "United Municipalities" was. Was it a successor the United States he knew and loved? He wasn't sure, but the Municipal fleet looked advanced enough that it could be.

In any case, he and a group of guards in power armor walked towards the rudimentary harbor to greet the people from the United Municipalities. He could see a man in a dark black uniform disembark the flagship with a few other troops in odd looking power armor, and he gave them a salute, to which the admiral saluted back. They began to approach each other, but didn't quite start speaking yet...

Somewhere, in a refugee camp in Northwestern Alaska

The Swiss soldiers are found by two of the Russian soldiers who bring them to a modest compound, a bit intimidated by their heavy armaments. When they enter the compound, Vladimir salutes them, and says, "Greetings, Russian comrades. Welcome to our refugee camp in Alaska, maybe three thousand or so men strong. What can I do for you while you're here?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

(OOC: What you did was basically retcon the last one WITHOUT the permission of all involved and started again, cutting one out. If it had been retconned completely, that's one thing. Starting again is something else when all involved aren't offered the same choice. I may have chosen to just do the same thing and let them suffer their fate for not returning, but that should have been offered since it was offered the first time around. That said, I'll leave this thread, and likely the Olympic one as well. I'm not sure I can RP with someone who's willing to abandon a 3 person thread and cut it down to only 2 the next time around. Sorry, but true.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:04 am

(OOC: Do you want me to just unlock the old thread and go from there, then? We're just rehashing old ground right now, anyway.)

They look slightly confused. Finley says to Morrill in English, "Get Tikhonov." Colonel Tikhonov arrives. He says in Russian, "Take me to your command center."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:00 am

(OOC: Alright, then, we'll just do that. Sorry about what I did then, Rut.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)   Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old War, Cold War, What's the Difference? (Mark II, Private)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: