Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy

Go down 
+3
Selathorn
Sacae
Christana
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Christana

Christana

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Empty
PostSubject: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 pm

To: All non hostile powers

The council invites all nations to come to the tower for a diplomatic ball and conference. As this is an attempt to connect with other governments and form friendships for all, only non hostile governments are allowed. A tour of the planet will also be offered to those who wish to learn more of Christana. All those interested are to reply to this invitation.
(OOC: I can make allies too, Hera!)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:31 pm

*The Ordenreich is fairly perturbed that Christana would deny those it deems as hostile claiming that, "How can Christana want peace if it encourages conflict through denying its rivals entry to their territory without any hope of negotiation?" The Ordenreich respectably declines Christana's invitation.*

(OOC: Basically the Ordenreich's way of saying "too little, too late")
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 pm

To: The Council of Christana
From: Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri

How can your people hope to gather allies amongst the galactic community if you would preemptively strike a hand extended to shake hands? We have no inherent qualm with your people, but we cannot tolerate the sheltering of a rogue government that sponsors terrorism nor your attack on diplomatic vessels without provocation. If we had meant to offer you our grace before, we cannot do so now, as your deliberate exclusion of the Planetary Governate represents a significant slight against the good faith of the Governate. Would we have come if you invited us? Perhaps, but that matters little now, for even if you did, we would not come. Such is what those who insult the dignity of the Governate and of the Centauri people should expect, especially in the way that your people did.

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Q0g5czfk.mho

(OOC: The Centauri wouldn't actually have come anyways: this is just Lal playing mind games. You picked a pretty bad time to be libertarian, since by my count a good two thirds of us are totalitarian/authoritarian autocracies Razz)

Last edited by Selathorn on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:03 pm

(OOC: Well I got democracy [sort of]. The individual planets have democratically elected governors and I have a general assembly that votes on domestic civilian issues. But foreign affairs, military affairs is pretty much run by the military hierarchy)
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm

(Ooc: If all else fails I'll just have a coup.)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 pm

OOC: Or maybe a more structured government can be put in place after Christana loses a war. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:22 pm

OOC: Well I have two plans. There is the mayor coup that could only work with Hera asistance . There is also the plan which creates a massive galactic threat that would have to be contained with combined forces. One is easier, the other is far more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 6:23 pm

(OOC: Seems like every year or two IC our nations have a galactic crises eh Sela and Burn?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 7:44 pm

(OOC: Looks like Rhea and Bastet will step in, though the Bastian Dominion is more akin to enlightened autocracy. I have a regional threat in the form of the Sith Civil War lined up at some point. Have to write it up, though.)

Being two of those with minimal-to-no involvement with the Heraklea-Christana clash, Rhea and the Bastian Dominion accept, sending their two monarchs and their entourages.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:58 am

OOC: There are many minor powers coming. If you feel like role playing as one just go for it but certain ones are planned for the cold war. Burn, if you want to tag along just act like you were there the whole time. Also sorry for the short post, I'm on the phone.

Councilman Jonton stood there anxiously waiting for the Diplomats. The foreign delegates came in a force of around 200 from planets in the region most seemed to want trade more than anything. As the Rheans landed Jonton went up to him "Ah its good to meet our ideological brothers." He extended his hand. "We have a private meeting scheduled before the public conference and ball. If you would follow me to my office. (You can just fast forward us to the office after the initial hello)

Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm

OOC: Not acting as Heraklea, but rather as one of the minor powers between Heraklea and Christana.

"Good evening, Councilman Jonton," said a man in perhaps the most gaudy outfit present aside from the woman who was with him. "I am Councilor Silvestro Cecilio da Lucie, Patriarch of House Cecilio, Vice Chair of the Council of the Most Serene Republic of Lucius and Foreign Minister of the same on behalf of his Beneficence, the Doge. In my role as the third ranking citizen of the Most Serene Republic and its Foreign Minister, I have been sent to establish relations with your government in hopes that we may collectively protect ourselves from those Brutish Herakleans."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:51 pm

"As you will," says a man dressed in black with a silver trimmed short cape over his shoulder. This is after introductions stating he is Dmitri of House Medvedev, the Third of His Name, Basileus kai Autokrator of Novus Imperium Byzantinum. His companion and fellow monarch is Constantine of House Phokas, Basileus of the Bastian Dominion.

(OOC: Yeah, a further name change for country and titles Dmitri had done to separate themselves from his father's regime. It has not come without criticism. Bastians frequently adopt human names for their use, since Bastian names are really hard to pronounce.)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 am

OOC: Also not Heraklea, but rather the Free Cortane Forces.

Though well maintained, the Cortane officer's uniform had clearly seen better days. His shoes were carefully shined, each piece of metal on his uniform was lovingly polished, and yet it was clear his uniform had been in use long after it should have been retired. He was one of the few foreigners at the event that didn't really have a government he was representing (regardless of what his superiors claimed). Lieutenant Mendoza was too much of a realist to believe for a second that what claimed to be the Cortane Government-In-Exile amounted to a hill of beans. He privately thought as much about the claims that they would one day drive the Herakleans out of Corta and be celebrated as liberators. His continued dedication to the cause of the Free Cortane was not based on any silly idealism. It was simple. He wanted to punish the people who had taken his world from him. He wanted Heraklea to suffer as much as possible. And if the Christanans were the best way to see that done, he would carry his superiors message of friendship to these Christanans. After all, the enemy of his enemy must be a friend.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:04 pm

"Ah yes chancellor, I have heard good thing but at the moment I must have a conversation in private with these fine men here so please excuse me. You have my word that you will hear from me when I am done. For now converse with the others, may find some new friends!" He said with wonder and glee as he took his VIPs to his office.

Later

Jonton Looked into the eyes of the monarchs and started to speak. "I won't sugar coat this. Authoritarianism is spreading through the galaxy like wild fire and it would only a minor annoyance if not for the fact that they would like to see all of our government s toppled and us dead. We plan on creating a union with these smaller nations here today to create a united front with on military and over all economy but we doubt you would accept this. So we offer you a trade agreement and defense pact to keep us all afloat. The Heras are gathering allies and we need to as well. So what do you say?"
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:33 pm

"I most wholeheartedly agree, Councilman," said Councilor Cecilo. "I must regretfully admit that the Lucian Republican Navy is little more than a system defense picket. We certainly have never considered anything like a war with those barbarians. The Christanan navy may freely recruit from our population to bolster their numbers. Provided, of course, the Christanan government does not attempt to interfere with Lucian property laws."

OOC: Yeah, he's talking about slave holding.

"The free sons of Corta stand with you against the Herakleans, Councilman," said Lieutenant Mendoza. "We have been fighting them a while already, and will continue to do so. At least for as long as we can. Our forces have dwindled since the occupation of our world began, and our supplies are constantly running low. We can continue to harass the Herakleans within their own territory if we can gain some way to resupply and repair our ships safely. Is there any way your government would be able to help with that, Councilman?"
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:59 pm

(Pan, you have full freedom with our private conversation)
"We can send a fleet to guard the republic as long as we you pledge to join the Union when it is created. As for the Free Corta Forces. We will fuel your invasion with equipment, training and ranger support kept on the downlow . As for everyone else, you are offered a spot in the union including both sides of the United Kingdom."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 1:45 am

(OOC: They're just going to be listening in for now. He's mostly waiting to see why he would want Rhea to join in in the first place. As far as he's concerned, this is no quarrel of his. Assuming the Centauri-Heraklean pact happens at the same time as or before this, then he might have reason to. There was the swiping of Rhean industrial facilities that he's still a bit sore about, even if he thought KDY went too far.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:17 pm

(OOC: Let's just say it was, the sides are kind of unbalanced at the moment.)
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:57 pm

"I would also like to state, the impending threat of the Authoritarian powers. Recently they have formed an alliance which would give them an united front in case of war. Alpha Centuari is the main threat for all our countries, the state is mainly the immediate concern. If we do not stand united, we will be slaughtered!"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 am

"And have you evidence of further aggressive intentions? I was under the impression military portions of the Centauri-Heraklean pact come into play only if attacked. What what it? Oh, yes. Article 3. 'If it should happen, against the wishes and hopes of the Parties, that one of them becomes involved in military complications with one or more other Powers, the other Party will immediately step to its side as an ally and will support it with all its military might in space and on land.' Are you planning to force them into war, Councilman?"
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 am

"Diplomatic incidents happen, along with enemy spies. We have already found one but have kept it low key. The last thing I want is war but what I want more than anything is to be prepared in case of a war. With the vague wording they use,the state can mobile against me on one of our planets and I declare war. Now the whole alliance starts attacking."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:04 am

(OOC: Damn it. Lost the post. Thought I sent it.)

"If they mobilize against you, I say it is arguably not against 'the wishes and hopes of the Parties.'"

Constantine speaks, with a Sobekian translating, "Spies are nothing unusual. It is an open secret among all that everybody sends spies to other states, even allies. We return them, with brands to ensure they are recognized, if we determine that they discovered nothing important or quietly execute them and go on as usual. I recommend you execute him after finding out what he knows."
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:32 pm

"Yet we find an army of spies. When they mobilize and destroy us, who will be left to help you? You will be left to fight against an entire galaxy without help."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:32 pm

"We have the Eclipse and they do not. It would hardly be an entire galaxy without help. It is a tiny portion of this quadrant. We fought the Burninites and Rutians to a near draw and they were more powerful than Heraklea, the Ordenreich, and the Centauri. We led the alliance to defeat the Sith. We persevered through the Blackest Night. We will survive. You have provided little evidence of intent of Centauri aggression. The Centauri-Heraklean pact is similar in wording to pacts we have signed with other powers in the past."

(OOC: This is a man who has lived through two galactic wars. He really does not want more Rhean blood lost.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 am

"Pardon me," Emperor Dmitri says as an Asian man in red and black armor with a silver baton on his belt whispers something in his ear. "Something important has come up. Constantine, kindly attend to our host." He disappears in a flash.

He is gone for half an hour before he pops back in front of the Councilman. "I don't believe you've heard the news but Morgan Industries was caught sending in spies into the government and corporate worlds. Many got in high positions and were revealed to have connections to the Planetary Governate as a whole. I discussed the matter with my colleagues in the Tetrarchy and due to public outrage, we are willing become allies to oppose the Centauri. But know this. Rhea goes to war on her own terms. We will not hand you a blank check to bring us in so long as I hold my throne."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next