Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)

Go down 
+2
Selathorn
Burnination
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:35 pm

"I agree with my colleagues on this, Admiral Orsino. Had we desired military protection, a single Star Destroyer would have provided more security than your fleet here could. I would ask you to remove all your ships immediately but I am overridden by Madame Trimbalt." OK, Molotov is a bit of an arrogant ass. Because fate is a jerk, just as he says this, a Centurion-class battlecruiser emerges out of hyperspace. In case anybody has forgotten, the Centurion-class is a warship used by the Sith Empire. "Shit."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Zakharov sighs, and says to Molotov, "It's supremely curious how probability works. I hate to quote Chairman Shen-ji Yang, here, but as he once said, 'Einstein would roll in his grave. Not only does God play dice, the dice are rigged.'"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:04 pm

"That worked a lot better than what I said."

The captain of the Sith vessel, trying to preempt any shooting hails them. "This is the Insidious. We do not come with hostile intentions but to send a team over to assist in the halting of this contraction which we have traced here."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Well, now that just about does it.

The Spotlight vanishes, as does the science vessel.

"Why does everyone bring weapons everywhere?" Thorgood asks, shaking his head. "In any case, would you all like rides back to your home planets?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Zakharov sighs, "Such is the life of the scientist, surrounded by those with more weapons than common sense and ready to misapply every single discovery. The Mind-Machine Interface should be a great discovery, a fantastic tool for increasing scientific and industrial productivity, but the Spartans put it to use for the creation of their terrifying atmospheric Copters, a Cloudbase Academy for simulated air combat training, and the Cyborg Factory that literally allows the production of better soldiers. Discovery is wonderful, but the applications are more than often not."

"I accept the offer of a ride, by the way. I feel less than safe with people like the Sacaens and the Sith prowling around, trying to intrude into scientific matters and misapply them."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm

"Yes, that would be appreciated. No teleporting, though." They really don't like the idea of being disassembled and reassembled.

On the Sith vessel, the captain says, "Hmph. That was rude. It appears they've done our work for us, anyway. Take us back to Ziost."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:15 pm

*Orsino watched the vessels disappear.*

Officer: Orders, sir?

Orsino: We will let them go and report to command. The tracker is in place and I'm sure the Black Order will have a kill team follow them should they deem it neccessary. For now, did the tracker do its actual job?

Officer: Yes sir the tracker is in place and ready to broadcast when ordered. It also successfully performed a data mine. We have everything we came to get.

Orsino: Good can we make any sense out of it?

Officer: Negative sir. The scribes will have to sort this out. Too much scientific babble for soldiers. However I can confirm that its legitimate data. It will have our scientists busy for the next few months

Orsino: Right, lets deliver the package and get back on our normal routes.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:02 am

The Burninite ship brings the scientists back to their various planets. The moment the OrdenReich "tracker" turns on, it is destroyed by an EMP pulse triggered by unauthorized activity. If it attempted a "data mine," then I'm not sure what it tried to mine for data; the ship's computers contain almost nothing on their own memory devices.

It is possible that the OrdenReich got the first location the Burninites returned to, but extremely unlikely that they got anything else.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

(OOC: ok godmodding much?)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm

(OOC: It was mildly godmodding to put a datamining and tracking beacon on that was 'undetectable.'

But again, this thread was/is pretty over, and I just don't feel like dragging it out. I'd rather we go play in Delt's thread or let me start a new storyboard.

I fail to see how something transmitting information could be indetectable, so as soon as it started transmitting info, we EMP'd it. I do not see godmodding in this, nor do I see godmodding in not having much data stored in an onboard computer.

If anyone else felt that this was godmodding, speak up and I'll change it.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5