Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 pm

(OOC: Nice Panpan Razz. You should probably offer to take Thorogood back though. Just so, like, he's not trapped here Razz)

"So long as the quantity isn't TOO bad, it will dilute like industrial waste in an environment without our messing with it," Thorgood says.

"Although I would be interested in trying to ameliorate it, as suggested by ... that Alpha Centauri representative you have here," Thorogood says.

"Zakharov," Thorgood says. "I've been very impressed with his work so far. I'd venture to call it brilliant."

Zalenka seems confused to hear Thorgood say something nice about someone. In any case, he opens a channel to the Burninites from the other universe through the boom tube. After a very short discussion, the flow of strange matter into this universe ceases.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm

(OOC: The boom tube was closed. That's why there was that big sonic boom that would nearly shatter any nearby windows. I suppose we could say he just opened another one.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 am

(OOC: What do you mean?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:06 pm

(OOC: They are called boom tubes because closing them creates a massive sonic boom. They are known to shatter windows. That is why they aren't used that much and why the Rheans are working with the Bastians because the Bastians are building a network of wormholes connected by gates to allow instant access anywhere they're connected to.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 am

(OOC: Well as long as there was a boom tube on the other side at some point then the post can stand.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 pm

With the flow finished, he steps back through to the other side.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 am

(OOC: Is there anything else I need to do to jump into this RP. I've been trying with my "Black Order" but it seems I'm being ignored)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 am

(OOC: Problem is you missed the initial, and the characters are already inside the black hole. It would be kind of discontinuous for us to get your signals.

If you show up there you'll be noticed. and admitted.

Honestly though, the only real twists up my sleeve were that it was Burninites from another dimension and they had a Thorgood. This RP is essentially over.

I'm a lot more interested in Delt's Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:43 pm

(OOC: I could get the Sith to show up but that'd just drag the RP on past its point since they're only there to investigate and not fight.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:18 pm

(OOC: Fine)

*Teutonic 24th Scout Fleet, Commanding Officer Orsino presiding*

Incoming Message...
Priority: Severe
Contents: Orders ***CLASSIFIED***
Message Begins...

Order Admiral Orsino, as of now the 24th Scout Fleet is under nighthawk authority you now serve the interests of the Black Order. Your orders are as follow... Black Order intelligence have tracked down the science team responsible for the research into galactic collapse. We do not know the details but we do know the Ordenreich must have intelligence and eyes on this science team. You are to make contact with the science team past the black hole then provide military protection. While doing this you will oversee their research and provide intel to return to Black Order Command. Reinforcements are currently unavailable due to growing tensions with the Hive so you will be on your own. You have your orders. Godspeed. Fur Den Auftrag.

-Black Order Command

Message will delete once closed

Orsino: Black hole? Has the Black Order lost it?!

Officer: Orders sir?

Orsino: We do as commanded follow the coordinates.

Officer: Yes sir

*With that the one battlecrusier and three frigates of the 24th scout fleet headed for the black hole*

(If you guys are willing my ships will arrive when you post)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Basically at this point, Thorogood asks to be boom tubed back to his people before they close the rift without him.

"That was quite excellent work with containment there," Thorgood says. "I had never thought of stasis fields to contain the spread of the strange matter." He does seem quite interested, though it would be surprising if his interest was merely personal and had nothing to do with wanting now to create formal relations with the University.

When the Ordenreich ship appears, it seems unable to detect the exact location of the science vessel. Oh, it's clear that it's there. It's just that sensors pick it up in four or five places at once. Must be black hole distortion and maybe cloaking as well. Or some combination.

But either way, The Spotlight (a single Burninite Starship) materializes on the opposite side of the Ordenreich ship.

(The positioning in this situation with regards to the event horizon is essentially like this:
black hole > science vessel > Ordenreich battlecruiser/frigates > The Spotlight)

"Armed Ordenreich vessels, you are currently nearing the position of a science team that we will not suffer the presence of armaments near, and are threatening the balance in a situation of grave danger for a very many. Please respond by immediately diminishing your armaments here and hailing us."

The voice is that of Teresa Trimbalt.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Zakharov shrugs, and says, "I suppose so. The premise is simple enough, but I agree that applying it to the situation is not particularly easy. In any case, I am quite pleased to have worked with you, as well as the assembled other scientists from the galactic community here, and for simply being able to do some field work at all. These days, I usually only oversee the research of the faction, not so much research myself. I have grown too old - well, I should not complain about having had two hundred good years behind me - and entrenched in administration, as things are."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:19 pm

*The ships appeared near the black hole and immediately began scans.*

Officer: Sir we are getting weird readings.

Orsino: How weird?

Officer: Sir our scanners are all over the place. Long range scans indicate we are inside the black hole while short range claim we are just outside it however the short range scanners can't seem to pinpoint the Burninite ship. Scanners are FUBAR sir

Orsino: No, no I think they are working just fine. Long range scanners are having issues with black hole. The pings are getting "eaten" by the black hole. Short range are working but the Burninite have been reported to use stealth tech. We gathered data from first contact on their tech...

*A message came through and the console it came on beeped*

Orsino: Well well that saves us the trouble.

*Orsino read the message*

Orsino: Officer begin composition

Officer: Sir online

Orsino: This is Order Admiral Orsino, Ordenreich 24th Scout Fleet. Burninite ship, we are acting in interests of the Black Order, Intelligence division of the Ordenreich. We are here on a research and protection operation. There are too many unknowns in the galaxy for your research to be disturbed by other powers be then criminal or legitimate. We offer our ships as military protection and any other methods you might need them for. In return all we ask is to have our Black Order Intel Liaison be present during your research. He will not interfere or disturb you only take his own personal notes.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:32 pm

One of the Rheans sends out his own message, "Everything's fine up here, thank you. How are you?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Orsino: We'll be sending a team to organize your security provided the Burnintes are willing to play ball
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:40 pm

(OOC: Panpan; can I assume Thorogood was boom tubed back?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm

(OOC: Yes.)

"Negative. Negative."

"Get off the comm device, Solo," Molotov says.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:27 pm

Off line, Zakharov says, "I must agree with Solo. Our research should remain undisturbed from the prying eyes of the intelligence and military organizations."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:40 am

Off line, Molotov replies, "So do I. I am just tired of him quoting his namesake."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 am

Zakharov raises an eyebrow, but says no more.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:14 am

Thorgood has to take out his commlink to figure out what they're talking about, because he was being left alone since Teresa was dealing with it.

"Well if we're finished here," Thorgood says, "does anyone mind relocation? We can disperse and discuss later by secure channel." He glances up for a second. "I'm totally baffled as to how they found us here, unless they just were tracking the strange matter like we did."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Mr. Orsino," Teresa's voice is heard over the commlines again, coldly. "Perhaps we have not been understood. You have multiple warships here. All but one is to disappear before you will be addressed further. Your armed presence here is at present an unneeded complication. We are unable to determine if you are serious in thinking that a science team working past the event horizon of a black hole needs military escort."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Orsino: (just as codly) That is why you need all the support you can get. None of us has any idea whats back there. Besides the events going on in our galaxy have as much to do with the Ordenreich as they do with your respective peoples. We're coming with you whether you like it or not. You have an issue with it speak to my Hochmeister.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:51 pm

Zakharov sighs, and gets on line, and says, "Admiral Orsino, if we felt we needed security, we would have asked our own governments to supply their ships to protect us, which we evidently have not done because it would offer little protection against whatever could possibly be on the other side and was evidently not needed, seeing as we have been working for a considerable length of time without molestation. I am not impressed by your attempts to insert yourselves into this issue. Do not take this as bias against your polity in particular, but I do not desire military and intelligence interests getting entangled in scientific matters."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Orsino: We will not be entangling with your science. As I stated before we only want an observer planted to learn from your experiments. The military protection is optional so long as you accept our agent. He will not be getting in your way only taking silent notes for our own research. If you will not accept our agent then I must insist our ships remain.

*turns off mike*

Orsino: Is our tracking device in place?

Officer: Sir we attached it to the hull of the science vessel. It will be undetectable until we turn it on.

Orsino: Will they be able to spot the tracker when it goes online

Officer: Possibly sir but we feel it is safe to leave it off until we need it

Orsino: Agreed

*turns mike back on*
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:31 pm

Zakaharov says, off line, "Learn from our experiments? Is he being serious? He might as well just say that they are attempting to perform scientific espionage."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)   

Back to top Go down
 
The Stirrings of Something...Big (FT)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: