Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Direction

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:05 am

TO: Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III

That was a ridiculous statement, and I think you know it.

You know full well that Burnination can destroy your armies if they're attacking us. How will you convince each corporation that your war is in their best interest?

Your only hope would be to draw the Rutians into the conflict, and I think that they know the difference between internal and external affairs. And you also know full well that this falls fully within the realm of internal affairs, so I'd like to kindly ask you to butt out of it.

Sincerely,
Emperor Thorgood

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

To Shein's message, there is no response. Thorgood's got sources too, and other forms of intelligence. He's almost certain that Jenova came out of Rutia, and constant denials are doing nothing to help his temper.

In fact, the Burninite embassy on Rutia seems to have stopped all usual behavior, and looks like it's preparing to pack up. A clear statement of, 'That's cool, we're done with you too.'

1) Command codes are nearly impossible to break, being 16-digit, case sensitive codes made up of a random combination of letters and numbers.
2) Command codes CAN be stolen, however, reveals Guggenheim. This is the first evidence that, in fact, Glock's death might not have been caused by Thorgood all along.

Still no news from Burninandom. The air is thick with anticipation in the streets of Burnination, and in the halls of Parliament.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:41 am

Well, considering neither Shein nor Kennah have accused Thorgood of doing the deed himself, there's little that needs to be fixed there. The one thing that Thorgood should consider is that coming from Rutia does not mean contact with Shein or Kennah.

However, one message does arrive for Thorgood. It's unsigned and untraceable. It has information that Jenova was on several planets in the Imperial Republic, all rather far away from Dreva, where Shein and Kennah still live in the Citadel, before going to Burninandom. The information has dates and times as well as prices. Heck, there's even a few images. Of course, those could have been faked, but they look pretty damned flawless.

They do intercept the latest communication between Dmitri and Thorgood. It's brought to Kennah and Shein. They consider it for a moment, then agree on a course of action.

To: Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III; Emperor Thorgood

Should the colony of Burninandom secede and request to be recognised internationally as their own sovereign nation, the Imperial Republic will do so. To attack another sovereign nation would be reason enough for the Imperial Republic to get involved in this little affair.

In other words, if they become a sovereign nation by seceding and you attack them, you've gone from internal to external. Yes, we will join in the battle and defend them. Therefore, think long and hard before you want to do anything that's going to trigger another galactic war, with you on the losing side this time.

-Shein and Kennah Darson

The guards do keep working on trying to find out who might have been able to steal Thorgood's command code. They don't want to accuse the wrong person, ya know.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:44 pm

To: Emperor Thorgood

That was a ridiculous statement, and you know it. My empire is not like the other states of my planet. Mine has not outsourced its military operations to private corporations. I am very capable of military operations on foreign planets, even if it is at a reduced capacity. Furthermore, I would not be attacking you, but helping Burninandom repel your attack on them, should you choose to invade. Lastly, as Emperor and Empress Shein and Kendra Darson have pointed out, if you attack Burninandom for seceding, it becomes an external matter.

- Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Don't want to accuse the wrong person, eh? Maybe, the right person has already been accused. The Burninite authorities are nothing if not accurate. They had Jenova wanted for stealing information pertaining to Glock's death (correct). Yes, stealing. The Burninite authorities, and, for that matter Thorgood (since I've already pretty much given up that he wasn't behind Glock's death) have no idea that Thorgood's command codes were used to take out the fatal jumper.

In fact, from the Burninite position, the Rutians look like the perpetrators. Burninite authorities pinpoint three figures possibly responsible for Glock's death. The Rutians whisk two of them away to safety and refuse to extradite (dropping one back to incite rebellion), and to Thorgood's knowledge, even question, effectively shutting down the Burninite attempts at finding a solution to the assassination. And, despite Shein's personal connections, Burnination deserves an answer even more than Shein does.

Why am I going through the effort of showing the view of events from Thorgood's/a Burninite's perspective? Because for whatever reason, Shein, Kennah, and Dmitri have all dramatically misinterpreted every single motion Thorgood has made thus far.

And now I come to the answer to your original question. Who could have stolen Thorgood's command codes? Tellins Holden and Scott Guggenheim.

And so, the responses of the Imperial Republic and Panzersharkcat show that Thorgood had been right to attempt to place early-warning beacons. Correct in his assumptions all down the line, as usual. Think about it. The amount of change Thorgood brought about so quickly was bound to bring some sort of resistance. Resistance that would need to be crushed.

And, for some true reasons, though most false, the Imperial Republic and Panzersharkcat started off believing that Thorgood would make a horrible emperor. And, if you take a step back, aside from maybe taking two steps at a time when a half a step would have been more appropriate, Thorgood hasn't done all that bad for someone who just walked into the job.

Believing basic assumptions about Thorgood's abilities, worthiness for his position, and intentions to be correct, the Imperial Republic and Panzersharkcat have both decided to intervene in what has been considered an internal affair throughout history; that of internal rebellion.

And so, for many different reasons, only some of which have been spelled out in this thread, the entire Burninite people, including Burninandom, teeter on the brink of destruction. For, should foreign powers intervene, it would mean complete annihilation for both initial factions.

The messages from Dmitri and Shein are not responded to by Thorgood. Probably safe to assume that he has inside information on Jenova from one of his own sources, and is aware that something like Kendra exists.

TO: Shein

Remember your promises.

= BURNINANDOM NATIONAL NEWS =

COLONY HEADQUARTERS - Just moments ago, the final tally of the votes in Parliament have been totaled. Dramatically, Parliament is in favor of secession by a margin of 51% to 49%.

Jenova, Farseer Eldrich, and other farseers have accepted the duty of being Burninandom's interim government. They will act as such until such a time as Burninandom confirms its independence, or decides to full re-integrate with Burnination.

In recognition of the narrow margin of victory, the Interim Government has agreed to send an Olive Branch petition to Emperor Thorgood. The actual document is classified, but it is thought that it contains a compromise to be considered by the Emperor.

= BURNINATION NATION NEWS =

"Bound as one we survive, torn apart we are defeated," was the phrase heard around the Motherland over the last hour. The rebels in Burninandom have fully declared independence. They have sent a final plea to the emperor, in hopes of reaching a compromise.

The Emperor has called a draft, and draft offices will be opening up minutes following the submission of this report. All Burninites are required to file their draft cards by the end of tomorrow. Be informed.

The craftworld appears in orbit around Burninandom, sporting ominous new fixtures on its outer hull. It is accompanied by 5 Motherships, 25 Starships, and 750 Jumpers. For now, they wait.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:21 pm

(OOC: *slow clap* There is the fact that it was a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy when it came to Dmitri. Had Thorgood not put the beacons there in the first place, he would have been far more trusting of Thorgood. Hurrah for politically divided planet.)

From: Chancellor Barbara Gordon, Commercial Republic of Panzersharkcat

My apologies for my northern neighbor's behavior. We are trying to talk him out of what he is doing. He insists on interfering with a strictly internal matter, claiming it became external for reasons I know not. And with just a narrow vote, it would not be right to seal the fate of the 49% who wish to stay. Otherwise, it would merely become a tyranny of the majority.

My advice on the situation of Rutianas' refusal to extradite your man: Have a neutral third party come in. I personally recommend John Stewart of Earth. He is one of your space sector's Green Lanterns, after all. They can be trusted to be honest. They may come in regardless. They are selected by the Guardians of the Universe to maintain peace and order in all the universe.

Best,
Barbara Gordon

P.S. Yes, they appointed themselves to that position. Why? They are the oldest race in the universe and are pretty much immortal. That is their reasoning, at least.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:47 pm

(OOC: Hmm... I think the "Earth" thing would get rather confusing, because we have the MT/PMT planet and Selathorn, which are both alternate versions of earth. Actually, scratch that. I'm retconning Selathorn to be on Alpha Centauri.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:38 pm

From: Imperial Republic of Rutianas, Secured and Untraceable Account

I am contacting you directly as we have discovered something rather unusual. It appears that information has fallen into our laps regarding the assassination of Emperor Remberg. I'm attaching the information. Either someone is playing games with us, or someone managed to steal your codes.

This information came from Guggenheim during interrogation. We thought it was odd that he only came with us reluctantly and was surrounded by weapons when we located him. I can get Guggenheim to your people, but it will be dangerous.

-Unsigned

In response to the threat to Burninandom, Rutian ships do show up. They do not attack though. They simply sit there. If fired upon, they will fire back. It does appear though, that they have been ordered not to fire the first shot.

To: Thorgood

I urge you to see reason. Not all of that planet wished to separate. Were I you, I'd offer sanctuary to those who wish to remain loyal to you and let the others live their own lives.

-Darson

There is no indication of which Darson sent that one.

Of course Thorgood sees the Rutians as the bad guys. Shein, in his own way, is actually trying to help Thorgood. Shein hasn't accused Thorgood openly, even if evidence points that way, simply because he's not sure. He doesn't want to look like an idiot. That's why he's questioning Guggenheim further.

Oh, and Arren's getting in on the questioning now. You know, Death. Even the other interrogaters seem nervous of Arren. If Guggenheim doesn't know who Arren is, killing a rat or two in front of him is likely to make it pretty clear. The whole questioning is to find out who could steal Thorgood's command codes. Oh, and to see if Guggenheim may have done it. An innocent person doesn't exactly have a load of guns and go reluctantly with a nation that could have offered political sanctuary and safety from being killed. That wasn't lost on Shein. Not for a second. Nor was the fact that Tellins was killed shortly after being arrested. Not to mention that Shein did not want Jenova to leave. He told Thorgood the truth that time. He didn't send her to Burninandom.

Anyway, the message from Jenova goes unanswered. Shein does remember. Whether he's going to follow through is unknown.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:06 pm

Thorgood, weary of Rutian games, is unwilling to respond to the anonymous letter. Who knows whether or not he even believes it. (Especially word games. As in the difference between 'sending' Jenova versus 'allowing her to leave.') However, he does send off a few messages.

TO: Mystery Darson

Assumptions assumptions. Always more assumptions and conclusions to jump to.

The craftworld is there with a couple of ships to ensure compliance to the agreement that the leaders of the rebellion sent me. I sent them a few changes I'd like made, and they'll spend hours deliberating, and finally accept my changes.

No, that's not an invasion force. It's a policing force. The same undoubtedly cannot be said of the Rutian ships in orbit around the planet.

I do appreciate you actually questioning Guggenheim. Now, investigations tend to work better if the party with the most information on the subject has witnesses to question. Or at least reports of what the witnesses say.

Your Overly-Aggressive-Impulsive-Worst-Emperor-Ever Friend,
Thorgood

TO: Barbara Gordon

Thank you for your concern for my relations with the Rutians. However, they seem to want to do nothing with me but deceive me about their intentions, abduct my citizens, fly their ships around my planets, threaten me, and do their best to make a general nuisance in internal affairs.

I'd love to try to talk to them. Our two countries have been friendly since meeting, but Emperor Darson seems to have a serious issue with whatever it is that I happen to be doing at the time.

If you think your negotiator can get us past all these misconceptions, by all means. Send away.

Sincerely,
Emperor Thorgood

And now that questioning has begun in earnest, Guggenheim is a LOT less cooperative. Any information he provides must be threatened and prodded out of him. Eventually, a semi-coherent story emerges.

Some Burninite, who he knows only as "Mab" held/holds his mother hostage and has him steal Thorgood's command codes. Upon their delivery to Mab, he knows not what occurs next. Somehow, the code he stole was used to obtain the jumper that was used in Glock's assassination.

The news waves are eerily silent. It's like even the news reporters find the suspense unbearable and are watching the negotiations unfold without blinking.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Shein sighs as he reads the latest message. He looks over at Kennah. "Go get some rest."

"You sure?" Kennah looks at Shein rather warily.

"Yeah. I'll be there soon." Shein doesn't look too tired, but he's used to long hours.

Kennah, on the other hand, looks worn out. She eventually nods and leaves.

After Kennah is out of the room, Shein starts writing and, when finished, sends the message.

Just in case you don't know it, your command code was used in the theft of the jumper that killed Glock. No, I'm not accusing you. I know you didn't do it. Also, you could have requested to send someone to get in on the whole thing with Guggenheim. I'd actually have allowed it. You had to know I was going to question him regarding all of this.

As to your fleet and mine, as long as they don't attack Burninandom, there's nothing to worry about then, is there.

Last, I never said you were the worst emperor ever. What I've been saying is that I disagree with some of your policy choices. The worst emperor ever award has to go to one of the Rutian ones about seven hundred years ago. You're nowhere near that point. A little foolish in my opinion, but not the worst.

I do not want this to escalate further. I truly want to find out what happened to Glock. When Tellins was killed, I figured if Jenova or Guggenheim were brought in by your people, the same would happen to them. So yeah, I tried to get to them first to prevent that from happening.

Someone wanted you in power, Thorgood. Someone who probably wants to eventually eliminate you as well once you've done enough damage to your society so something really bad will happen there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to this conclusion, really.

-Shein

To: Jenova

Who is 'Mab'?

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:01 am

John Stewart arrives on Rutia, introducing himself and explaining that, as a suggestion from Panzersharkcat's chancellor, he also question Guggenhein. Mental probes so that he may project an image of Mab herself.

Hal Jordan, another Green Lantern from Earth, is dispatched to Burninandom to prevent any bloodshed, or at least minimize it.

Dmitri, meanwhile, is unconvinced. Thanks to a hearty black ops budget, Luthor's intellect, the files of Baruch Wane, and the accumulated research of a dozen years, he sends forth to Burninandom the Brother Eye satellite. It remains cloaked and prepares to release its nanobots in the event of hostilities breaking out. What those nanobots do is turn people into sleeper agents, and when activated, transform that person into a cyborg, an OMAC (Omni Mind and Community). OMACs can simulate multiple meta-human abilities, such as heat vision, flight, shooting fire, shooting fire-retardant foam. Their primary weakness, which would be currently unknown to the Burninites, is their need to take time to develop counters for every meta-human threat.

(OOC: If I recall correctly, in the comics, OMACs cannot be destroyed the same way twice. Obviously, I won't do that.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Brother_Eye )
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:15 am

(OOC: Rut, you read the fact that there's a greater plot here like a book! Not cool! Fortunately, you haven't figured out what the overall plot was. Just that there is one Razz)

Mab is a cat's name.

But I doubt that was what you were referring to. You're looking for something important.

I did a quick search for 'Mab' on national databases. One result stuck out.

Trained as a Ranger in the Burninite army, a man named Mister Arnie Bointon (MAB) was dishonorably discharged for some reason that seems to have been rather minor. It's not even listed. In any case, since then, he's been linked, but never conclusively linked, to seemingly random crimes across the Motherland and colonies.

Most recently, he was linked to the robbery of a Shruiken Long Rifle from a store in the colony. He was going to be arrested, but he slipped away. No one has seen him since.

Why?

Sincerely,
Jenova

Are you serious there? I set up an early warning system, and this is a great crime. Out of fear (which I might add was well-placed, as we picked something up leaving Panzersharkcat and are now getting weird readings around Burninandom, indicating something cloaked), I place a non-aggressive system meant to give me warning if someone tried to attack me. But you, and apparently someone in Panzersharkcat, decide that it's OK to send a fleet, equipped with weapons capable of shooting at my ships. This somehow isn't a great crime.

Are you questioning my word? The reason I haven't sent anyone over to the Citadel from the embassy is that every testable word you've said to me since my ascension has turned out to be a lie.

I do appreciate your giving me the conclusions you reached based on your questioning. That's actually only one step away from what the man said (ie what I asked for), and only two steps away from extradition.

Sincerely,
Thorgood

In any case, around Burninandom, due to the appearance of more vessels than they can safely take care of, landing policing troops in Burninandom has been given the red light. Fear of losing or stranding your landing parties holds great weight in the decision-making of the fleet commanders of Burnination.

= BURNINANDOM'S VOICE =

The deal between the Motherland and Colony has been accepted by both parties involved. The emperor has agreed to allow religious institutions to hold the same power they did prior to his ascension. He has also agreed to cease his attacks on the church without first investigating all other likely causes. Finally, he has agreed to put some of his sweeping changes on a timetable rather than an effective immediately basis. Furthermore, Jenova Incinerator receives immunity from all charges relating to Emperor Remberg's death.

In return, Burninandom will remain a part of the Motherland.

However, fear has swept through the colony today, as increasing numbers of ships can be picked up from grounded scanning systems. No national troops have yet been landed to confirm the deal, as promised by Thorgood. The people wonder why our ships remain in orbit and do not send troops. Wonder and speculate. And speculations tend to be negative.

= BURNINATION NATIONAL NEWS =

Attempts by the Thorgood administration to conceal what is happening above Burninandom have finally been breached today. Not by Information Requests made to the IR unit of the government, but because we flew a cloaked jumper into orbit around the colony to see what was up.

Turns out, there's a standoff above the planet between the force the administration sent, and a Rutian fleet which is apparently in orbit around the planet as well.

Thorgood sits and watches the minutes tick away. "Damnit," he mutters. He picks up a Comlink. "Sensor command?"

"Yes sir,"

"Send the entire fleet over there. Have them appear behind the Rutians. We'll talk to their commander directly. See if we can get him to leave."

"Yes sir."

Sure enough, the rest of the Burninite fleet appears behind the Rutian ships, leaving them between two lines of Burninite ships. The most threatening arrangement the Burninites have put them in from the beginning.

The Burninite flagship hails the Rutian ships.

"This is Fleet Subcommander Weirmon. Please respond."

Just as that is happening, a wave of nausea sweeps across Burnination and Burninandom. Guggenheim, and most other enterprising, intelligent Burninites pull out their soulstones and watch in horror.

The green stones are glistening brightly, sucking energy from the bodies of the Burninites at an alarming rate.

And a red speck appears in the center of all the soulstones. An identical, red speck.

The stones stop glistening, leaving every Burninite in existence drained.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:49 am

(OOC: Heh. No, I haven't figured it all out, but I knew there was something when things started unfolding.)

(Encrypted and sent just PRIOR to the drain)

I have every intention of extraditing Guggenheim soon. He's the one that stole your command code. He's guilty of that theft, but not of the assassination. I'm still not sure who did it. I'd highly suggest finding Mister Arnie Bointon. Or let us do it. We'll get the information out of him for certain. If you guys capture him, he might end up dead by any co-conspirators there.

As for Jenova, you were partly right. She did contact me. I was worried for her safety as I did not have the full set of facts. When Tellins was killed I was even more concerned for her safety and I'm sure you can understand that. Now that I have a full set of facts, I'm terrified for her safety. And, oddly enough, for yours as well. I may not like you personally, but I'd rather have you sitting on that throne than a wild card I don't know.

There have been quite a few things I said that weren't lies. True, I didn't want to tell you about Jenova simply because at that time I only had the fact that your command codes were used. Once Guggenheim spilled everything he knew, thanks to Arren, I put two and two together. I did suspect you at first, and for that, I apologise.

I'm attaching the video file of his interrogation.

-Shein

(Attachment of the complete file. The easy start and the hard finish with a couple rats being blown apart by Arren's talent to get Guggenheim to talk.)

The fleet is hailed and responds. They've been keeping an eye on the news report. Shortly after, they do leave as the colony stated they will remain a part of Burnination, still unaware of what is happening to the Burnites. If the Rutians were worried about the threatening arrangement, it doesn't show. They probably had more ships ready to show up just in case they were needed.

Arren, who's with Guggenheim during the great drain, becomes concerned almost immediately. He reports in to Shein.

He may be the assassin.

Something more important though. Are you all right? What's going on?

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:25 pm

At last, a message with the ring of truth to it. I do like this new approach you've taken.

As to locating Mab, as it turns out, the police have been trying to do it for almost a year. This guy's more slippery than a banana peel on a freshly waxed, linoleum floor. Also, we will not allow another prisoner to slip through our fingers. You can be sure of that.

Sincerely,
Thorgood

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Something is happening to our Soulstones. The clergy are stumped, and due to Thorgood's constant attacks, most people don't care. Or care only to the extent that they believe that Thorgood is somehow freeing them from the shackles of religion. We (we being myself and the clergy) believe that Slaaneesh is performing an all-out attack on us Burninites, attempting to finish what he's started. But we are many, and more civilized than he expected, and was unable to defeat our defenses.

We hope.

Not Thorgood? Hmm, that's a switch. I was sold on his command codes. And we do have proof the elections were rigged in his favor.

There's something going on here. I can't quite put my finger on it. But it's sinister, and we need to figure this out. Who would want Glock dead, and Thorgood on the throne? Assuming they knew what he would do. Knew what all his policies would be, how he would enact them, etc.

Let me think on that, and I'll get back to you.

Sincerely,
Jenova

The re-occupation of Burninandom is relatively uneventful. The news of the day is relatively uneventful. Yes, it looks like the initial wave of change and shock brought about by Thorgood's election has finally subsided.

All that is left is to pick up the pieces.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 pm

(ALL MESSAGES ENCRYPTED)

Rigged elections is not something I can deal with from here. That's on you to bring the proof to the people. Assassinations I can investigate. Rigged elections, I can't.

Finding Mab should be your top concern. He may make an assassination attempt on Thorgood. I may not like the man, but I'd honestly rather deal with him than someone I don't know. You might also look into people who worked with him in the past. There could be a connection.

I've attached the video of Guggenheim's questioning. While I pity the choice he had to make, he did commit a crime and for that, I have to agree to extradition.

-Shein

(attached video file)

If you want our help to find him, just ask. As I said before, I want to get to the bottom of this just as much as you do. I thought of Glock as an almost brother. He was practically family to me.

Again, I do apologise for any harshness I may have shown. I truly thought you were guilty when Jenova showed me that your command codes were used. When Arren got Guggenheim to confess, I was shocked. That was when I realised there was far more to the story than I knew.

I do believe you are in danger. If you wish one or more of our deadly psions to assist in your protection, you only need to ask.

-Shein

To: Dmitri

I've attached a rather interesting video file on the questioning of Guggenheim. I think you'll find it enlightening. I sure did.

-Shein

(attachment)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:09 pm

The Brother Eye satellite leaves. Hal Jordan sighs a breath of relief. John Stewart is annoyed that he's been ignored.

To: Shein

Thank you for the item.

-Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 pm

(OOC: Oops. I missed that. Went back and looked it up.)

Arren meets with John Stewart and agrees. Can't hurt to have another interrogater. Maybe they can find out if Guggenheim knows more than he's already said.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:33 pm

"Thanks." He approaches Guggenheim. "This may hurt, so I'm going to turn off your pain centers of your brain first." A pair of tendrils emerges from his ring and enters Guggenheim's ears. "Memory extraction. Key words: Thorgood, Glock, Mab, command codes." Images start flowing forth from the ring and project onto a wall. A recording of everything related is saved.

"Thank you for your cooperation." He proceeds to search through for any relevant information.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Unfortunately, Guggenheim was only a tool. A forced tool even. Never even saw Mab's face. Nothing more than a glimpse or a mostly-shadowed view anyway.

No thanks. Rangers are just as good. In my opinion anyway. Against a lone assassin anyway.

Don't worry about extradition at this point. You can give him back to us. We'd just keep an eye on him from here on. As it is, we successfully liberated his family from where they were being held hostage.

And that's where our story gets ugly.

You actually might want to send some agents over. This is getting ... out of hand. Questioning so far = no good.

Sincerely,
Thorgood

(Image attached)

The image attached is of the prisoner they took from the sting operation. And it's not remotely human. Bipedal, but it looks three months dead. Think The Mummy.

No no, I'm not thinking Thorgood's the criminal anymore. He's just a tool. That much is clear to me. But who's the man holding all the cards?

I'll do all I can.

Sincerely,
Jenova

In the questioning room, the questioning isn't. Excerpt from the questioning transcripts so far:

"What's your name?"

"What's your name?"

"This is the last time I'm going to ask you nicely. You will give me your name."

"Do you want my first name, middle name, last name, or nickname?"

"All of them."

"My name is Barney the Dinosaur, but most people call me Purples."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:48 pm

So, the Rutians send a couple deadly psions, complete with lab rats to demonstrate what they can do to those that need questioning. Hopefully it'll be enough.

(ALL MESSAGES ENCRYPTED)

That much is obvious. I'm playing nice with him for now. I need to get my own guards on him simply because I'm worried that someone is going to try for him. I'd send Arren, but I'm not sure I want him in danger.

-Shein

I've sent a couple of deadly psions to help with the questioning. They'll bring their own lab rats to show what they can do. It's pretty effective for us. These guys can make the rats squirm. If they're not effective, I may just send Arren to assist.

Guggenheim will be with them. Please keep him out of sight for now. I don't want to have to explain to the media why I sent someone back that ended up dead.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 pm

"If they don't mind, I'd like to link up with Hal on Burnination."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Purples is unafraid of the displays of power by the Rutian psions. Turns out, since it's essentially a reanimated corpse, its internal organs don't function. And therefore its ... life ... is unaffected by shredding of said organs.

Go figure. Going to have to wait for the GL.

Guggenheim is quietly returned to his family on their prior land. They're under watch by a few Rangers. Should be no problems there.

As a native of the planet Graeta, Trethdar had changed her name since she moved to Burnination. She's now known as Teresa. It's much more civilized sounding apparently. In fact, when she changed her name, many new opportunities opened up for her. She was offered jobs, people would talk to her, etc.

Of course, most jobs were eliminated under Thorgood. So how ironic is it that someone could view the dropping of the need to work as a closing door? This is how Teresa saw the move. Teresa wanted a job. She wanted to be a real Burninite. She converted into the culture, winning herself a soulstone and Burninite citizenship.

But her crowning achievement seemed unattainable. She wanted to contribute. She wanted a job. So, she decided to enroll in the military.

"This is the city, is there anyone there?"

Teresa looks up from behind the phone she's sitting at.

"Hello?" it said.

"Yes," Teresa replies.

"Oh thank God. This is the military?"

"Yeah."

"How fast can you have patrols out to the edge of the town?"

"Pretty damn fast."

"Do it! Do it n - "

The call is terminated. Teresa looks at the phone. Then at the clock. 2:26 AM. She sighs and grabs her GI Shruiken Rifle, and heads out into the night...
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 pm

(Encrypted)

My mistake. Arren pointed out that the deadly psions won't work on what you have. I forgot my encounter with Lucas Montero. Remember that kid that did some pretty nasty work on that thing that was fried by the light? Arren couldn't affect him, though he did have an interesting idea. That kid's talents work on the undead. How about we get him in there?

-Shein

And the Rutians have no idea about the call to the military, of course.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:22 pm

John links up with Hal and introduce themselves to THorgood. "I'm Hal Jordan." "I'm John Stewart. We'll see what we can do." They enter the interrogation room with Purples and proceed to do their thing.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 pm

As Teresa opens the door to the government building the call was issued from, a mummified figure jumps out at her. We'd recognize it as the same species as Purples.

"RAAAAAAGGHHH," it shouts, eyes popping out, and teeth extending. It reaches for Teresa's throat.

"Roar," Teresa replies, and blows the thing's head off with her Shruiken Pistol.

She enters, finding a dead man, and another of the creatures at the computer terminal, frantically trying to hack the command codes. She knocks it out cold with a blow to the head, and calls her superiors.

When John Stewart and Hal Jordan 'do their thing,' with the creature, it reveals a good amount of data. Firstly, it's name is Mab. Secondly, it is responsible for the death of Emperor Glock Remberg. And Third, it serves a man named Yelric. He's the leader of a cult which worships The Destroyer. The images revealing how Mab was transformed into its current form are disturbing. The transformation process involves the sacrifice of several people.

No, we're good. Look what we've got: [attachment embedded]

But we don't know what to do next.

Sincerely,
Thorgood

A Burninite operative named Teresa contacted us with this report from a small town here on the Colony. It must tie into this somehow.

Sincerely,
Jenova

And just as this communique is sent, every Burninite falls down. Unconscious. No exceptions.

Except the few converts.

TO: Anyone

We need help! Everyone's collapsed! I don't know what to do, but I can't get hold of any cities on the Colony, or in the Motherland!

Sincerely,
Teresa Trimbalt

Burnination/Burninandom's newswaves and communications mediums are silent.

Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:51 pm

And Rutian forces are immediately sent to both Burnination and Burninandom to assist. They've sent almost 5 million soldiers between the two planets.

A few of the ones sent to Burnination seem to have orders to locate Thorgood and protect him.

A few on Burninandom seem to have orders to locate Jenova and protect her.

(not encrypted)

To: Teresa Trimbalt, BURNINANDOM GUARD
From: Emperor Shein Darson, Imperial Republic of Rutianas

We're on it. I've sent soldiers to assist you. Hopefully, we're not too late.

A New Direction - Page 3 Esheinsig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Direction
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next