Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New Direction

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:48 am

(OOC: Occurs right after the end of A Tale of Two Cities.)

"People of Burnination!" shouts the High Priest over the din of the crowd surrounding his pulpit. "The untimely death of our Emperor for the second time in such quick succession has brought about a chain of events which have not occurred for more than a millennium."

In contrast with the brouhaha the Priest competed with from the start of his address, the silence following that statement is deafening.

"For the first time since the early death of Emperor Glendearth II, the Empire is left without a legal heir to the throne."

Another pause. This time, a solitary voice shouts, "Which will it be then?"

Another pause.

"The Priests have decided that the next emperor will be decided not by appointment by the Council of Priests, but by Popular vote."

A cheer erupts from the crowd. And we all know who the next emperor is going to be.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TO: The offices of Emperor Shein Darson

I'm not sure how long this secure link will last before government operatives break the encryption, so I'll be brief.

There's been a breach at high level. We're not sure how it happened, officially. But we all know which parties stand the most to gain from this little stint.

And I know you dislike the man at least as much as I.

I think I have leads to get concrete proof. With it, we can ensure that the throne of Burnination remains in ... responsible ... hands.

Attached are the coordinates where I'd like to meet on a small Rutian outpost. They will automatically delete after the first time you open them.

(Unsigned)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Any intensive scans done of Panzerian space will pick up anomalous readings, as well as what would appear to be strange forms that aren't really there...
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 pm

WaneTech cruiser Liberty, on a routine scan of the space above the Leggaland Union, detects anomalous signals. The Captain in charge relays this to WaneTech headquarters, which is then relayed to the government of the Leggaland Union. This information dissemination goes on until the major defense firms, WaneTech, Faraday, MiG, LuthorCorps, and Panzer Arms, and governments are filled in. Of course, Green Lantern Albert Borkowski and his partner, Tomar-Tu, are brought in to investigate further.

A message is sent out.

To: The Interim Government of Burnination, Emperor Shein Darson of Rutianas, Director Andreus Aaron of Selatorn
From: Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III of the Third Empire of Sparta

I have been selected by the governments and defense firms of Rhea to relay this information to you, on the grounds that I am the fastest typist.

First, my condolences to the people of Burnination. Emperor Glock Remberg was a dear friend to me and a wise and compassionate ruler. He will be missed by all.

Now, to business. WaneTech earlier today noted certain anomalous readings in space, as well as the presence of beings awaiting there yet aren't quite there. The last time such a thing occurred was during an attempted White Martian invasion, in which the majority of the invading force was hidden away in a dimension called the Still Zone, pumping brainwashing messages out constantly. [Relevant files on invasion attached for comparison] We send these signals to you to see if you can find any meaning in them. [Anomalous readings attached]

Respectfully,

Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III

(OOC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Martian#Hyperclan This is what I was referring to.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:06 am

(OOC: I am waiting for Rut before posting again.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:27 pm

(OOC: I'll finish getting things set up soon. Been busy recently.)

IC:

Arren brings Shein the strange message. The two puzzle over it for a while before both agree it's just too dangerous for Shein to show up without knowing who the message is from and why it was sent. They both also agree that Keidra would be perfect for this.

And so, Arren and Keidra (as Shein, of course), both go to the outpost. If the real Shein is close by, there's no indication of it.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Jenova, (wife of the late Emperor Earl in case you forgot,) can be seen sipping coffee at the lone coffeehouse on the small Rutian outpost. At first glance, it would appear that she is at ease. But to the skilled observer, she certainly is not. She's got the only seat in the house that allows her to be watching all the doors at once, and she's covertly been watching everyone in the house to make sure none of them had followed her from Burnination. She's good. After all, she is an ex-Ranger.

When Kiedra (who she perceives as Shein) and Arren arrive, she waves them over to her table without standing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TO: Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III

We are honored to receive your condolences. I can only hope to live up the the precedent which the previous two emperors have set for me.

As to your anomalous readings, I had some researchers check them out. They think that you've either got some faulty wiring, you're being hacked, or something else is going wrong with your equipment. They can find no reason for your sensors to be picking up shadows of readings of ships which aren't there.

Sincerely,
Emperor Thorgood
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:11 pm

Arren and 'Shein' approach and join Jenova at her table. Both seem quite curious as to why she's the one there. Arren moves slightly so he's also able to watch all the doors. 'Shein' doesn't seem to be as cautious as normal though.

"What's going on?" Shein, oddly enough, doesn't exactly seem to remember seeing Jenova. He's looking at her like it's the first time he's seen her. After all, Keidra never met Jenova. Fun fun.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:22 pm

"I'll cut to the chase," Jenova says, looking sideways at Shein, who in her perspective is acting a bit odd. "Glock was assassinated. The whole thing was orchestrated by Thorgood. I gathered the evidence just before Thorgood had it all erased from the national security systems. He set up the cloaked Jumper that pulled it off, wired cash to the High Priest to select election, and veritably set himself up as the new Emperor. I think even the elections were rigged."

She looks around. She said that in a whisper, but it never hurts to be more paranoid than necessary.

"The situation is more complex and delicate. For example, I'm now number one on the Burninite Secret Service's secret most wanted list."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Order the recons to sit further out," Thorgood says. "And tell them to divert ALL power not being used for recon or life support to the cloak. We've got to reduce those signatures."

"I don't understand," Sensor command replies, "Why do we need to have such tight surveillance over Panzerian space?"

"Because," Thorgood says, "I'm your emperor and I said so." Also and on a less childish note, he adds, "And because when their main corporations get wind of all the economic changes we're going to make, they aren't going to be happy. And I'd like to stop any aggressive moves before they even leave their own space."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:00 pm

(OOC: The fleet available for Faraday is the old Republic Air and Space Force fleet that was mothballed or sold off two decades ago. The capital ships aren't as tough as the ones Burnination faced in Blackest Day, but their fighter-bombers, fighters, and interceptors are built much more durably than the TIE series used during the Empire Era, though a bit slower. http://nationstates.rutianas.com/korel/index.php?topic=486.msg7377#msg7377 )

Reading Thorgood's message to the others, Dmitri remarks, "Ships? That's odd of him to specifically mention ships. We didn't mention that in our message."

"I believe our good friend Thorgood knows a bit more than he's letting on," says Carducci. "Strange for a man of his intellect to slip like this."

Dmitri: "Should we take up Vril Dox's offer then? It'd be good to have somebody at Thorgood's level, minimum, to tackle this."

Luthor: "No. I don't trust those Coluans, nonetheless the Son of Brainiac. How many times has Dox lost control of L.E.G.I.O.N.? If he can't keep his own army in check, I don't trust him enough to allow my world be a client of his organization."

Murmurs of agreement.

(OOC: Licensed Extra-Governmental Interstellar Operatives Network)

Carducci: "Then it's settled?" He looks around at the majority vote against use of L.E.G.I.O.N. "Affirmed. We shall not become a L.E.G.I.O.N. client world at this time. Dmitri, come up with something to say to Thorgood. Make it believable. And move us to Defcon 2."

------------------------------

To: Emperor Thorgood

Thank you for checking for us, and for your recommendations. We have found nothing wrong with our systems in our diagnostics, however. But thank you, anyway.

Respectfully,
Emperor Dmitri Medvedev III

--------------------------------------------------------

Tomar-Tu turns to Borkowski. "Something has come up on Xudar. If you need me here, call me."

"I will, Tomar. I will."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:28 pm

[Encrypted]

To: Shein

As I previously mentioned, we found some anomalous readings in our space, similar to what happened in a previous attempted invasion. Thorgood mentioned in his reply to us that we shouldn't be detecting ships that aren't there, though we only mentioned strange beings. We have agreed that Thorgood knows more than he's letting on about these readings. If something does happen, would you be willing to assist us?

Dmitri

(OOC: By the way, I have also retconned the GL involvement in Trouble on the Rim and Alien Invasion from 3600 to only 6, and Sinestro Corps involvement from 600, to 2, as that should reflect their power more accurately. However, most of the heavy lifting was still done by the fleets, even if a GL alone is a major power in and of itself. Same goes with where Angels Fear to Tread: just two of them shining really brightly in a huge bubble around the thing.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Upon hearing the news, Arren leans back and looks at 'Shein'. He doesn't even let 'Shein' speak, just holding a hand up to stop him from saying anything. "Were you followed, Jenova?" He clearly knows who Jenova is.

'Shein' looks at Arren and stays silent. Upon hearing the name, there's recognition now. 'Shein' frowns a bit, but doesn't speak.

The real Shein is actually closer to Arren than realised. The Raptor is docked at the outpost and Shein is on board. He receives the message from Dmitri there and responds.

[Encrypted]

To: Dmitri

I'm not sure what's going on exactly, but Arren and Keidra are meeting with someone that may have information about what's going on. If Thorgood gets out of hand, I'll back you up. I'm kind of expecting it. He was a problem as just a scientist. I'm honestly scared as to what kind of Emperor he's going to be.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Jenova draws her brows together at the behavior of Shein and Arren. "I'm 96% sure they've got nothing on my location at the moment. I'm also sure that if you mention that I'm under your care, or that you've got me with you, they won't try anything. They'll pretend that they never wanted me, and that I'm not a threat because they did nothing wrong."

Jenova grins apologetically. "And if you don't offer to take me in I'll request sanctuary from persecution anyway. Not permanently of course."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 pm

Arren nods slightly. "I'm 99% sure that Shein will take you in." He looks at 'Shein'.

'Shein' looks at Arren a brow raised. He seems at a loss for once.

Arren sighs. "Damn. You're a lot of help this time."

'Shein' snorts and shakes his head. "You could have warned me that she knows me." He's keeping his voice down.

Arren takes a deep breath before responding. "I didn't even know who sent the message until we got here." He looks at Jenova. "Shein's nearby. This is a shifter. Both of us agreed that it was too dangerous for Shein to show up himself before we knew who sent the message." He's pulled out his datapad and types something in. He sends the message, then reads the response. "He'll grant you sanctuary. He also wants to talk to you directly. It'll cause a problem if he shows up while he's here." He looks at 'Shein' for a moment.

'Shein' nods. "Time for me to make a quick exit, then." He smirks and gets up, disappearing from the area pretty quickly. It honestly seems like he just blended in with the crowd. No one seemed to notice him.

(OOC: Will wait for response before Shein comes 'back'.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:19 pm

The situation with Thorgood is part of the reason why I personally keep Alexander Luthor on a tight leash. Thank you for your assurances.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:23 pm

"I was wondering what was up with him," Jenova says to Arren once Kendra leaves.

Her watch beeps and she glances at it. "Oh, I've been in the same place for two hours now. Probably best for us to move. I'll give Shein all the information I have, and we need to talk about what to do about it. Again, the situation is more delicate than I can describe right this instant."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

= BURNINATION NATIONAL NEWS =

THE CITY OF THE REBIRTH - Breaking news from the city; only a few minutes ago, police have released statements and suspects on the assassination of Emperor Glock Remberg. If anyone has any information on the following people, please report to the national service immediately.

1) Jenova Incinerator
2) Tellins Holden
3) Scott Guggenheim

These are all the updates the police have released so far. They promise to provide an answer as to how security was breached within 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Arren nods. "That was my next plan." He looks up as Shein wanders over. "Let's move."

Shein nods and hands over a datapad to Jenova. It's got the story from Burnination. He was just looking at it himself. "Of course, I don't believe it for a second." He smiles faintly at her. "How are you doing?" He's been in her situation before. Lost loved one and all. He doesn't really wait for her to answer before motioning for her and Arren to come with him. There'll be plenty of time to talk on the Raptor.

Jenova might notice the heightened security that started up about the same time Shein showed up. Oddly enough, it wasn't there when Keidra was around.

Speaking of Keidra, she drops back in, not as Shein this time, but as herself. Or at least the form she's most comfortable with. She whispers something to Shein that makes him look at Jenova thoughtfully.

"Not a bad idea. I'll consider it." Shein looks to Keidra. "Run interference for now. I don't want anyone identifying her while we get her out of here."

Keidra grins and is off. Who knows what she's going to be up to.

Arren looks after her a bit nervously. "She's not going to try and blow up the outpost, is she?"

"No. Probably just set off a few alarms." Shein looks at Arren, then adds, "I hope."

In any case, Shein and Arren would get Jenova to the Raptor, security alarms blaring in the outpost, drawing attention away from the three of them.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:00 pm

"Something is definitely up," says Dmitri, upon receiving the news from Burnination. "Jenova would not be the type to do this sort of thing. Albert, could you do a more intensive scan of those anomalies. I have a very bad feeling about them."

"Will do, Dim."

He flies off. "Interesting. The anomalies are further back now. And I'm detecting loads of them. As mentioned, they do seem to be ships. I'll try prodding one."

He makes a swarm of big green sharks and has them poke at one of the sources of the anomalies.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:22 pm

"Well," Jenova smiles weakly, "that was a more spectacular getaway than was necessary."

She pulls several papers from assorted pockets. "Printouts of various security bypasses in Jumper bay 9 on the day Glock was assassinated. Someone used Thorgood's command code to take out a jumper equipped with a cloak. That was what convinced me. The rest is just circumstantial."

Jenova sighs and rubs her eyes. While before she was alert, now she looks immeasurably tired. Probably hasn't stopped for a rest in days.

"They put ME on the suspect list. That's going to cause problems."

Jenova leans back and closes her eyes. "Thorgood has cloaked ships monitoring Panzerian space. He's got some big policy changes he wants to implement, and he doesn't think the Panzerians will like it. And it gets worse. The media loves him. Consequently, innocent, ignorant people love him. The masses are infatuated."

Jenova leans forward and looks into Shein's eyes. "Please," she says, "I know that you hate Thorgood, I don't like him either. I know he's going to do some provocative things. And the people of Burnination are going to love him for it. But please, please don't crush them. They don't know what they're doing. They'll all be mislead. They won't have a clue."

She sits there as if the answer to that plea is the most important thing in the galaxy.

The Jumper that was about to be 'prodded' with 'sharks' vanishes. Warps into an alternate dimension. Any attempts to touch the anomalies will result in the disappearance of the jumper.

"Your Highness, the Panzerians are exploring the anomalies. The Jumpers are dodging, but if they try something particularly vile, they might catch one."

Thorgood frowns. "That would be decidedly unpleasant."

Sensor command says nothing.

"Have them drop cloaked beacons and get out of there. No way is anything going to detect something cloaked and only a few feet in diameter."

"That way we'll only get a few hours warning if the Panzerians decide to attack."

"I know."

New executive research into the workings of the High Priesthood have revealed astonishing corruption within the halls of Burnination's own national church. Emperor Thorgood has vowed that the issues discovered in the current system will be resolved quickly and efficiently in the name of the people. No specific details on the accusations have been yet released, but the gist of which involve charges that the church has been lowering the Burninite standard of living for generations by suppressing new technology.

Church leaders have not denied the charges. The emperor is expected to separate the church from the vast powers it currently has over the state, essentially taking its voice out of technological development issues.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:33 pm

"It's gone. I'm going to take a look around, see if the rest are still there. Proceeding to last known locations of these anomalies."

He flies around looking. "Don't see anything but some rocks flying around, but that's normal. I'm going to come back down now. I recommend that we go to Defcon 3."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Shein even boggles a bit over the getaway. "Yeah, but no one would have noticed us. That was the important part." He chuckles. "Keidra's pretty good at causing trouble." He sits down and motions for Jenova to sit as well. As she talks about what she knows, he types on a datapad. When she makes her plea, he nods. "If Thorgood becomes a problem, I'm going to do what I have to in order to neutralise that problem. I'll try and keep casaulties to a minimum." He taps something else on the datapad.

[Encrypted]

To: Dmitri; Lisa

Thorgood is poking around in your territory with cloaked ships. Lisa will send you all the data we have on their cloak. I'll be honest. Our own cloaks currently show as some kind of anomoly on scans. I wouldn't be surprised if theirs were the same. With their system of trans-dimensional travel, you might not be able to find them. Since they're obviously not in your territory with your permission, I'd say they're fair game for shooting down.

In other news, Jenovia is here. I'm sure you've seen the news reports. She had nothing to do with this. According to her, and I've seen the evidence, Thorgood's command codes were used to take a jumper with a cloak prior to Glock's assassination.

-Shein

Arren looks to Jenovia for a moment, then to Shein. "I had that camera with me when Lisa and I were there with Thorgood. I've got evidence of his beaming us to his ship without our knowledge or permission."

Shein smirks. "Thus, an attempted kidnapping. Fortunately, he returned you two."

"Yeah." Arren shrugs a shoulder.

"I wish Earl were here. He'd probably know exactly what to do." Shein sighs and looks at his datapad. "Arren, give the order for Defcon 3. Tell Lisa our cloak is the primary project now. All others are put on hold."

Arren nods and types something on his datapad, sending several messages.

To: Dmitri

I've attached the file I have on their cloak. It's not very complete, but it's all I know. They got it from some civilisation that they found a base for. I don't trust the technology.

-Lisa
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:25 pm

[Encrypted]

We apparently scared off a bunch of their probes when Al went out to scan. We sent him back to take a second look. Apparently, they're disguised pretty well. They look like a bunch of space debris. Al managed to grab one. We're taking it apart right now.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:26 pm

"There must be a way to work this," Jenova says, "a way to make the people see who Thorgood really is. A stop Burnination from becoming the bad guys."

With that, Jenova promptly falls asleep. Must not have done that in days.

"I am here, my friend," Earl's voice says. "But even though I am awesome and can make a disembodied voice, I'm not a God. I don't know how to help you."

So he still floats around every once and a while.

New sources indicate that the administrations of Emperor Earl the Incinerator and Emperor Glock Remberg also participated in the suppression of new technologies which would improve the lives of the average Burninite. Emperor Thorgood has ordered a full investigation, and a committee has been appointed to determine how best to dismantle the policies that have held the average Burninite down for generations.

= OFFICIAL NATIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT =

The MARK, the currency of Burnination, is henceforth NULL and VOID. All wealth will be distributed by the National Government as deemed appropriate by the Emperor.

= BURNINANDOM'S VOICE =

Independent sources confirm that it wasn't Jenova Incinerator who instigated the death of Emperor Glock Remberg, but Dr. Thorgood himself. The Colony's Parliamentary representatives have demanded a full review of the evidence and are demanding a referendum of the Dr's appointment as Emperor.

The probes will reveal that they're just sensor equipment. Meant to detect if ships go by. An advanced warning system.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 pm

Shein watches Jenova for a moment, then looks up as Earl speaks. "Well, just help me out here. How the hell can I keep her safe for one? Next, I can't exactly find the evidence needed to show Thorgood's guilty as hell." He shakes his head. "Exactly how close could Jenova get to Thorgood?"

Arren smiles faintly as Earl shows up in voice. He stops smiling when Shein mentions Jenova and Thorgood in the same sentence. "Shein, not a good idea."

Shein looks at Arren. "Keidra, dumbass." He's either used to Arren being quicker, or just tired of him not picking up the obvious, or Shein's as tired as Jenova is.

Arren faintly blushes and whispers softly, "oh."

Shein's got people monitoring the reports. He's also got people looking for the other two on the list of suspects. He's getting messages constantly on the news from Burnination. "Earl, he's tearing your people apart. He's going to get them in a war they can't win. You know that. He has to be stopped before this spirals out of control." He sighs and looks at Jenova. "I know Rutian law states that if I'm killed, Kennah is next in line right now. Why isn't Jenova in line? She was your wife. That should count for something." Yeah, he doesn't know Burnination law on that bit. Nor has he researched it. Never had a need to before.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:38 pm

[Encrypted]

Luthor took the thing apart. It's just a sensor, used to detect ships passing by. It's probably smart enough to tell the difference between merchant ships taking off and military craft going by. He speculates that this is to give advance warning to Thorgood should we try to leave our space to go on the attack. He's investigating right now to see if the probes can detect if a military vessel is attempting to go around the probe via boom tube.

Dmitri

------------------------------------------------------

"Abolition of money? I thought Thorgood was smart?" says Dmitri. "Not even my father attempted to get rid of money."

Gordon: "Well, this could be a way to centralize power into his hands."

"Just like my father, then. Toying with the money. Good news on their questioning of Thorgood's legitimacy, though. Let's hope this doesn't spiral out of control. We really cannot afford another galactic war, even if the Sinestro Corps is not involved."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:19 pm

"Shein, Burnination's emperors are chosen by the former emperor prior to that emperor's death. Emperor Gretchen II selected me to be her successor. I selected Glock to be mine. Glock was killed before a successor could be selected. And so, for the first time in over a millennium, it went to a public vote."

The voice pauses.

"If you truly want to know what I think, I will tell you. Thorgood has the hearts of the people in his pocket. They will willingly give themselves to him no matter what we do at this point. Burninandom is another story. Jenova, if you can get her in without her being assassinated, can convince the colony to secede and be the haven of the real Burnination. As for the Motherland, Thorgood will not live forever. A successor will not be as radical as he, and will definitely be better. Removing him isn't worth the loss of life and chaos it will cause. Jenova is safe in Rutia. They will not strike for here there so long as they fear retribution -"

Jenova wakes up, and it ... feels ... like Earl is no longer a part of the conversation.

= BURNINATION PARLIAMENTARY NOTICE =

The Parliament has called an emergency meeting, and all executive orders have been suspended for the time being. This includes the abolition of the Mark.

With the reinstatement of the Mark, it's value plummets, rendering Burninite merchants in Rutia and Panzersharkcat worthless and unable to make a profit. As a result, the Burninite economy crashes, with inflation at ridiculous levels. Any Panzerian or Rutian businesses with large portions of their business in Burnination would find that profits are now impossible.

Tellins Holden was arrested in his home in the Motherland. As he was being taken to trial, a sharpshooter placed a Shruiken Long Rifle round in his skull, killing him immediately. Sources indicate that the shot was taken by an army Ranger, but the Government has stonewalled the media on the issue.

Still no news on Scott Guggenheim or Jenova Incinerator.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Shein merely listens to Earl. When Jenova wakes, he almost looks lost. Well, much like he did when Earl died, to be honest. Like he'd lost a family member. Might be due to Glock's death. He was pretty close to the guy, after all. He looks down at his datapad. "They've killed Tellins Holden. One of the other two on that list. I need to find that third one. Before they do." He looks to Arren, who immediately sends a message out to several operatives who will infiltrate as best they can to find the third name from the list.

Shein is silent for a moment, then looks at Jenova for another long moment. "Can you teach Keidra to be you?" The shifter, most likely. "Also, what's the likelihood that Thorgood is going to attempt a little expedition into Rutian space?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Direction Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Direction   A New Direction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Direction
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next