Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:33 pm

Dmitri says nothing, as he's going on a two lap circumnavigation jog.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:38 pm

Jenova raises a brow, remembering that it was Arren who told Kennah not to go down to the prisoners in the first place.

"I'm mildly disturbed that you have laws for 'situations like this,'" Jenova responds with wry humor. "This is really your jurisdiction, and I'm lost as to what to do as well. I'd loath to be the one who has to pull the trigger." In this case, that's Arren. Well, sympathy if not help.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 pm

Arren shrugs. "Like I said, it's an old law." He glances toward the exit. "I'm honestly surprised she picked now to start listening." He looks back to Jenova. "If you think Shein is bad about following directions, Kennah is worse."

Adriane has been listening. "You mean he hasn't gotten any better at that?' She's ignored by Arren.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Jenova also chooses to ignore Adriane.

"You'll find it's a common affliction among the powerful," Jenova comments. "And the once-powerful."

She tilts her head slightly. "You wanted her to come down here to take our little problem off your hands," she posits quietly.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Arren nods. "Yeah." He shrugs. "I'd actually like to see what happens by putting them together. Since it wasn't Kennah in there I can only assume...."

Adriane actually interrupts. "What makes you think she wasn't instrumental in all of this?"

Arren sighs. "I'm sorry. Did you hear something?" He smirks a little. "I've seen Kennah disagree with Shein, but I've also seen them together. I've watched the way she looks at him. I don't think she could betray him like this."

Okay, so NOW Kennah chooses to ignore Arren's warning and come wandering down. She may already know what's up. She walks up behind Arren. "Nice to know."

Arren doesn't jump, but he does look at Jenova with a silent 'she surprised me' look.

Kennah doesn't allow Arren to speak though. "Shein told me what was going on. I had to call the doctor in to give him a sedative." She does look at Adriane.

And that look sets Adriane off. "You fucking bitch!"

Kennah just raises a brow. "As I remember, your last words were take care of him." She actually makes quote marks around 'last words' with her fingers. "I guess you'd hoped he'd have still been pining away for you and would just take you back. Wrong." She's actually quite calm.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Dmitri finishes his job, blissfully unaware of the drama going on down there.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Jenova doesn't say anything to Kennah, recalling their last meeting, which Kennah stalked out of angrily. She edges away from the whole thing, clearly not happy she's been caught in the middle. She's not interested in interfering. She glances at Arren, wondering what the right thing to do is.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Arren just moves off to the side. He keeps a line of sight, but as long as the girls don't start screaming, they won't be overheard. He leads Jenova away as well. "I give it a couple minutes before they start screaming." He shrugs a shoulder. "It may seem strange to you, but depending on what happens, Kennah does have the choice. She can spare Adriane, or condemn her."

Right now, they're just staring at each other, there's the occasional comment passed between them, but they really are out of earshot.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:11 pm

"That does seem a bit nonsensical," Jenova responds, "that the rest of them must die, but Adriane, the most guilty of them all perhaps, has a possible escape." She pauses for a moment before finishing. "Oh, and don't forget that Shein said to have them all probed or something before they're executed."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Arren nods. "I know. I remember. I don't know what Kennah will do, but like I said, it's her choice. At least if Adriane lays claim to Shein. She was his companion before Kennah was his wife. She does have that right to lay claim to him." Arren sighs. "And I know Adriane would know of that. Simply because she knew that Shein might marry for political reasons at some point. Strange that when he did marry, it was for love. I don't think Kennah will be forgiving though." He shrugs. "Though I could be wrong." He does pull out a datapad and arranges to have each one of the remaining council members interrogated with a telepath present.

The two are still at it down the corridor. Kennah looks irritated at times and horrified at other times. There's even a moment of compassion there, but that was quickly erased by irritation.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 pm

Jenova yawns. "Then, she noticed that now, as all of the many possible crises have been averted, was the perfect time to beam up and get some sleep."

She looks to Arren; it was really more of a request. She'll stay if she's needed.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Arren chuckles and nods. "Drop by later. After Shein's had some sleep. I'm sure he'll want to discuss things regarding the civil war and what you might need to do to help in defense. It's not over yet, but much closer."

Kennah says something else, then turns and walks away from Adriane.

There's a scream from Adriane, one that Kennah flinches at. "He's mine, bitch!"

Kennah reaches Arren and Jenova. "I'm at a loss." She says this to Arren. "Do whatever you need to with her. I'll figure it out later." She sighs. "Right now, I'm going to bed." She finally looks at Jenova. "Shein told me everything. I do understand why everyone suspected me. Please just know that I would never do anything to intentionally hurt Shein. He's everything to me." She raises her voice then, turning her head slightly to make sure her voice carried down the hall. "Unlike some other people I could name."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Jenova avoids meeting Kennah's eyes. "I'm sorry," she says.

She does beam out after this.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 pm

Several hours later, like ten hours at least, after everyone has gotten a decent nights sleep.....

To: Jenova
(Encrypted)

I'm truly at a loss. Shein's no help with this. When I told him Adriane laid claim to him, he told me to figure it out myself. He's giving me no advice and I actually understand why. He's torn up right now and he did admit that part of him wanted her back and another part wants her to suffer for what she did to him. Obviously, I've never dealt with this kind of situation before. Part of me wants to kill her myself, the other part wants me to let her live out her life in that cell, knowing he's so close, yet out of her reach. I guess I'm looking for a voice of reason here.

Kennah

To: Dmitri
(Encrypted)

To bring you up to speed on things, no pun intended, Adriane laid claim to Shein, which puts her life in my hands. Shein's being no help here. I'm not sure whether to kill her or let her live out her life within reach, but unable to touch him. I don't know what to do and I'm lost. Shein's admitted that part of him wants her back with him and another part wants her to suffer for what she did to him. I think he's just as lost on this as I am. I guess I'm asking for your take on this.

Kennah

Yeah, so she's reeling from the whole thing. Anyway, things are somewhat normal on Rutia. There's still fighting going on elsewhere. As the news hits that the Council was taken prisoner, some of the isolationists give up now that the finger is off the trigger.

Arren's been working all night on the Council, interrogating them and having them subjected to telepathic scans. The names that he gets are handed over to the loyalist military and they're hunted down and captured.

All in all, now that the Council is in custody, things have really turned toward the loyalists.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:45 pm

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Kennah

Well, since the entire council is being executed, I'd say think of your decision as this: either you're saving Adriane's life, or you're not changing her fate.

I'd personally just have her treated like the rest of the Council. Only because I don't see the merit in saving her life if the lives of the Council are already forfeit.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:49 pm

(Encrypted)

You are right. I'm waiting for the results of her scan before deciding. Even if I do spare her life, I'll be damned if I'm going to let her back in Shein's life. She's already nearly destroyed him twice. I'm not going to give her the chance to do it a third time.

He's still no help in this. To be honest, I think he's still stunned that she's alive. I don't think he's even processed the fact that she betrayed him.

Kennah
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:25 pm

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Kennah

I don't know, he was pretty ... devastated when Arren gave him the news. He couldn't stand up or understand English.

I feel really bad about having suspected you in the first place, and I admire you for asking my advice after learning that I suspected you.

I'll be back later to discuss ending this blasted war later, so if you'd like to talk, you should have no problem locating me.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:31 pm

I can understand why you suspected me. Shein told me that he even suspected me for a bit. He was torn up about that as well. Adriane was his first love, so I can understand why this hit him so hard. He spent many years believing she was dead.

I'm hoping they're done with her soon. I'd really like to know who I'm going to personally skin around here for nearly killing Shein by providing technical information.

Kennah
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Jenova must be busy, for she doesn't respond. She does show up back down in the palace when information is supposed to come out though.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:04 am

Kennah probably wouldn't have responded another time anyway. She's been busy since the time she sent the last one.

When Jenova shows up, the first person that meets her is Arren. He looks ragged. Obviously, he hasn't slept. Probably been too busy with all the interrogations and reports that had to be done. "Either you got my message that we finished with Adriane, or you decided to show up at the most opportune time. I'm still waiting for the report. I had Dylan and Michael do the scan on Adriane. They're the most effective we have available." He shrugs a shoulder.

And that's the moment that Dylan comes at a slow walk toward Arren. He doesn't speak, but keeps shifting between disbelief and utter horror. He just hands a datapad to Arren, then finally speaks. "First, she's completely sane. Second, I only know what I saw. You're probably not going to want this out in the open." He glances to Jenova, making it clear that he considers her 'out in the open'.

Arren takes the datapad and nods. "I'll take it under advisement." He waits for Dylan to walk away, then frowns as he looks at Jenova. "I'm not sure about the sane part." He looks at the datapad, then shakes his head sharply and blinks several times. "What the hell?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 am

"A Burninite always arrives at the opportune moment," she responds lightly.

"She seemed sane to me," Jenova responds to the second. She doesn't say anything after though. She certainly doesn't ask. Either Arren will tell her, or he won't.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:55 am

Arren just looks at Jenova for a moment, complete disbelief present. "There has got to be an explanation." He doesn't tell her to stay there, nor does he invite her along. He just turns and walks down the hall. Considering he didn't tell her to stay put, he probably doesn't care if she follows.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Jenova actually almost giggles at her luck concerning being present when apparently disconcerting news is presented to a Rutian, causing them to lose touch with reality.

She follows Arren, but doesn't say anything or draw attention to her presence.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Arren just walks right into Shein's office where Shein is obviously in a meeting. Arren just looks at the three individuals in there and says two words. "Get out."

Shein tilts his head questioningly, but when Arren looks at him, he nods to the three. "We'll finish this later." Once they've left, Shein leans back in his chair. "So, why the interruption?"

Arren just tosses the datapad on the desk. "Explain that. If you can."

Shein picks it up and looks at it. "Well, I'll be damned...." He looks up at Arren. "I... uhhh... can't." He glances at Jenova, then back to Arren.

Arren shakes his head. "By all rights, I should have you arrested and shot." His tone isn't harsh though. If anything, it's uncertain.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Jenova tilts a brow, but again, doesn't ask even the obvious questions. She's the outsider, so she'll wait for the information to come to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper   Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not With A Bang, Nor A Whimper
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next