Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:04 pm

"That's odd. Who told you to do nothing?"
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:35 pm

The Chameleon nods. "That's all I needed." He turns toward one of the consulate workers. "Send a message to High Priest Radon informing him that the Imperial Republic of Rutianas wishes a meeting with him at the Consulate in Alanda and Alexia. Let's see what response we get."

The worker nods and rushes off to do just that.

The Chameleon looks back to Rould. "I never expected you to arrange it. I just needed to know who to contact." He picks up his datapad and switches programs in order to send a message to the Swiss, informing them of what they've discovered so far. K'Rina probably filled him in on everything. Odd that she hasn't informed D'Arc about all this.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 11:18 am

"Well, I'd go for top rank possible, or, in this case, Radon," Rould says.

The response is almost immediate.

"The High Priest Radon is currently busy dealing with the situation on the ground. If you would like to meet with High Priest Radon specifically, please leave a reason, who 'The Imperial Republic of Rutianas' is, and I will try to find a time when High Priest Radon can meet you.

- High Priest Argon"

Now, if only there were someone who could deliver a message that didn't have to go through some sort of data storage and therefore High Priest Argon...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Well, no one said specifically 'do nothing,' but there were other priorities. We honestly thought that the army could contain the situation. Obviously, we were mistaken," High Priest Xenon explains.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:26 pm

The Chameleon raises a brow at the response. "Interesting." He looks to Rould. "Where would I be most likely to find this High Priest Radon?" Obviously, he's going to go directly to the source himself.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Her satellite phone rings. "Excuse me." She is then filled in on what the investigation by Alanda and Alexia has discovered. "Argon. It's Argon."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Rould frowns. "I'm thinking their airbase. It'd be the easiest to hide and keep defended while using very few troops. Give me a map and I'll show you where it is."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:48 pm

The Chameleon brings up a map on his datapad and sets it down on the table.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Rould points to the spot. If it's satellite imagery with relatively good zoom, it'd even be visible.

(OOC: Panzer, did you have anything I was supposed to respond to? If not, I'll re-involve you in a few posts anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:43 pm

(OOC: I had Linda say "It was Argon" a while back.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Once he touches it, it'd zoom in on the spot.

The Chameleon nods, picks up the datapad, and is off, blending into his surroundings. Same drill. Crosses the border and gets to the airbase, looking for the right person. There'd be intel on all the High Priests, so he'd know who to look for.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:30 pm

(OOC: But I don't need to respond to that, right?)

Well, he's able to get into the airfield since he's invisible and all, but there aren't any signs that say "HIGH PRIEST RADON --->" on them. So locating him is going to present an issue. And assuming the Chameleon did actually find the correct place, he's behind a locked door with two guards standing right outside it. So getting in is possible, but you'd have to break stealth.

If only there were somewhere else in the building with, say, two High Priests, and, say, a few Swiss army soldiers discussing, say, terrorism.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:38 pm

(OOC: Sure, why not.)

She turns to Xenon and said, "I just received a call from Checkmate. They reported to me that an investigation by Alanda and Alexia points to Argon as the guilty one."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

So the Chameleon looks around to see what else is around. He's not going to let anyone know he's around unless necessary. He is keeping his ears perked up. If anyone seems to be going to see the High Priest, he'll tag along behind. If he hears the discussion about, oh, terrorism with the Swiss, yeah, he'll stick around that location for a while to listen in.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:04 pm

(OOC: Good to know that you got the obvious direction from that last paragraph Rut Razz)

High Priest Neon's eyebrows shoot upwards. High Priest Xenon almost looks astonished for a second. He breaks the following silence. "What?"

The location of Radon himself is well concealed, the purpose being his safety. That being said, it is possible that the Chameleon could locate Radon, but then he comes up against the problem that the door is shut, locked, and guarded. He can get in, but doing so would definitely require losing stealth.

The location that the meeting with the Swiss is taking place is much more obvious, since everyone on the base knows it's going on, and Xenon sent for some tea, which means that there's even a group headed there.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:19 pm

(OOC: Heh. There are times that I do follow directions. Other times I blow them out of the water. Razz)

The Chameleon just follows behind those heading toward the meeting with the Swiss. He'll listen in, keeping hidden for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:47 pm

"I... I was not expecting that, either."

One of the soldiers, if the Chameleon's heat signature can be detected, signals to one of the others and the two of them walk over to where the Chameleon is. He switches his weapon to Pulsed Energy Projectile mode and fires, which would stun him and probably leave a very bad bruise.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:56 pm

It can be detected, but he'd be aware of the weapons and what they can do. He'd take precautions, including moving rather swiftly, but not bringing out his own sidearm. Instead, he drops stealth. "Sorry to drop in rather unexpectedly. My name is Karl Mason from the Imperial Republic of Rutianas." He directs this more to the Swiss, probably hoping that they'd recognise the name. Just in case they don't... "I'm the one who sent the message to the Swiss. I attempted to send the same to High Priest Radon, but, well, Argon was rather demanding about who we were and why we needed a meeting. While I can understand security precautions at the moment, I figured this information didn't need to be sent to him."

(OOC: Don't underestimate the Chameleon! Razz)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:29 pm

(OOC: I know. You already made me rethink by involving the Rutians Razz)

When the Chameleon de-stealths (a verb made specially for this purpose), High Priest Neon actually jumps up. Xenon remains seated calmly, but he must have pressed his panic button, because Bismouthi troops rush into the room before the Chameleon even finishes his sentence. They quickly outnumber the Swiss and Chameleon.

High Priest Xenon raises his hand, and the troops steady. High Priest Neon has a radio out and steps aside, to speak quickly into the radio. What he says is inaudible to the others.

"I think that I shall forgo the obvious questions," High Priest Xenon says to the Chameleon, referring to questions like, 'Rutianas?' or 'How the hell...?' and continues instead, "and speak of the matter at hand." His voice is soft, and seems to convey a dignity and a sense of purpose that clash with the relative quiet of his voice. "Of course, we will need to see your evidence. And it will be reviewed, double-checked, corroborated, and examined. If you are wrong, our situation will remain unchanged, except that it should clear all doubt from the rational minds of the Swiss," he says, nodding towards the Swiss. The compliment sounds not like flattery, but like an honest evaluation. "No harm will befall you if you are wrong, but know that we will examine this accusation very, very closely. Closely enough that we might even have to know what this Imperial Republic you represent stands to gain from this."

He pauses for dramatic effect.

"If you are right," he says. "If you are right, then the gods be with us all. There has never been dissent in the High Priesthood. There has never been scandal. There has never been any incident, major or minor, to discredit this body. If you are right, I cannot begin to imagine what we would do."

High Priest Neon steps back in and whispers something to High Priest Xenon. Xenon nods and rises.

"You may remain with us, or you may call for your superiors. Either way, we are convening the Priesthood," High Priest Xenon says to the Swiss. High Priest Xenon leaves the room, the door swinging closed behind him.

"Follow me please," High Priest Neon says the the Chameleon. It's a request, but the whole vanishing thing is unlikely to work a second time.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 11:00 pm

(OOC: And he wouldn't have dropped stealth had the Swiss not threatened him. Heh. He'd have just observed and waited for the right time. This wasn't it. Razz)

The Chameleon just looks at the Swiss for a moment, then looks back to Neon. "If you're planning on detaining me, you need to contact the Rutian Consulate in Alanda and Alexia." He seems to know that fading into the background won't work right now, or he's unwilling to take the chance. Either way, he's got the evidence with him. He actually taps something on his datapad, sending a copy to several different locations. One being the Consulate. Another being to Emperor Darson's inbox. The rest are random locations in the Imperial Republic. It's not likely to be viewed any time soon, but hey, if the Chameleon disappears, he wants people in the Imperial Republic to know why. "Just so you know, the evidence is scattered across the galaxy." A pause. "Literally." He shrugs. "As to what the Imperial Republic stands to gain from this? Well, nothing. K'Rina asked us to help out. We were convinced enough to assist in getting this information. Considering High Priest Radon wasn't answering his messages personally, I kind of had to come myself. I thought maybe I could get in to see him. Well, he's guarded. I overheard a bit of what was being said and listened in. The Swiss detected me. Had to drop stealth to keep from being shot." He's followed behind while talking. "All I know is what I've seen as hard computer data. I have not completely broken it down. I didn't have our resident computer geek available, nor did I have time to go across galaxy to find one. I'm sure my people will be looking at it as well."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:12 am

"Stand down," she says to her guards. She listens to the High Priest and when he talks of the evidence possibly being wrong, her only response is "Indeed it shall." She consults with her superiors. When told that the Rutians were involved, the Rheans were contacted only to be told it was none of their business what the Rutians were doing in Bismouth unless it threatened the CSR. They try to contact one of their two resident (and only surviving) Martians, who are highly advanced telepaths, but they can't exactly find him either. While this hair pulling-inducing situation is going on, Checkmate is going over the data and trying to verify it, leaving Ms. Lang and the soldiers with her to sit around.

(OOC: I think we have enough FT people involved and pulling the Martian in would be a major godmod.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 4:07 pm

"You are not being detained," High Priest Neon replies to the Chameleon. "However, we do need you to appear when the High Priests convene."

He also refrains from asking the obvious questions. They'll probably all be asked later. Assuming that the Chameleon agrees to follow High Priest Neon, that leaves the Bismouthi soldiers and the Swiss.

"If you'll follow me," the one who looks like he's in command says, "I will take you to the appropriate building."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Yep, he did follow along. He's still concerned about 'disappearing'. He does contact the Consulate through his datapad to let them know what's going on.

The Rutians convey the information to K'Rina and Rould.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:22 pm

(OOC: Pan Pan?)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:33 pm

They sit around and twiddle their thumbs waiting for Checkmate's analysis.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 3:35 pm

After a short examination period, any and all external analysis of the data would reveal that it was indeed pulled from the Busmouthi government data bank, and that it was not tampered with. It would show that Rould's analysis, that it must have been Argon, likely acting alone, is correct as far as anyone can tell with the given data.

Well, no one tries to stop the Chameleon from using his data pad. And he's been told he won't 'disappear.'

The Chameleon (and the Swiss if they agreed to come along) is led to a very large room. There's a wooden table in the center which is long, stained, and shiny. There are 5 identical chairs, and one that is the same style, but larger and at the head of the table. There are also several more chairs; a few against the walls and a two more at the table.

The Neon gestures towards the Chameleon, and at one of the added chairs at the table. He seems unwilling to speak in this room. He hurries out, presumably to prepare.

If the Swiss came, their leader would be pointed towards the second added chair, and the rest to the ones against the wall. Several Bismouthi soldiers enter and sit in some of these as well.

Just as Neon leaves through one door, High Priests Helium and Krypton walk in and sit at the table. They are whispering quietly. They're also elaborately dressed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"They know then?"

"If they don't then they soon will," Argon's voice responds. He squints, trying to catch a glimpse of the figure's face. His efforts are in vain; the man's face is in shadow.

"You should have been more careful."

"How could I have known that there was going to be some invisible thing that could just walk right through security?" Argon responds. He's too intelligent to take a defensive tone. It's more pleading.

"No no, you will not be punished."

Argon visibly relaxes.

"But you will fix the situation."

"How will I do -"

"This is what you will do...."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: