Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:07 pm

(OOC: Completely missed that. Editing previous post.)
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 11:10 pm

And a short time later, a Lambda shows up over the Air Force base and lands, but not before sending a copy of the data to Checkmate. Out walks one man. Anybody familiar with the military of the CSR would recognize him as an Imperial Knight. Those who are not would likely just think of him as some guy in red armor with a silver baton strapped to his belt. He heads to the room where the signal last was.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Thu May 19, 2011 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:09 am

(OOC: Panpan, which city are you referring to? The Air force base that all the action is occurring at is not in a city.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 8:11 am

(OOC: Edited.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 9:55 pm

"Yes," High Priest Krypton replies. "This is the only reason I make this accusation. There is no other rational solution we can draw from the current data."

"The fact that the alarms are also down means that at least the control room is compromised. It's possible that the majority of the compound is down. We must ascertain the extent of the problem here," High Priest Radon says.

"Yes," High Priest Xenon says. "Which means we must venture out of this room."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When the Imperial Knight steps out, nothing happens. He catches a few glimpses of some random people running around some buildings, which is strange. And no one approaches him. Also strange.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 10:03 pm

The Chameleon raises a brow. "Or the EMP fried everything so it can't work?" He frowns. "If I could just get a signal, I could get assistance rather quickly." He shakes his head. "I think I'm going to have to reconnect to the network directly to fix this thing completely." He looks at the High Priests. "If I might make a suggestion? I'm the perfect recon guy. I can go out there and find out what the hell is going on. Or at least I can try."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 11:50 pm

He heads for where the signal last was. Perhaps he will come across the Chameleon.

-------------------------------------------

The soldiers start trying to repairing their equipment and blasters.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:30 pm

"Possibly, but there are mechanical alarms that should be going. Ones manually operated from the command center," High Priest Radon replies.

From the direction of the door, more voices are heard. Many more. They don't sound friendly.

"There is a secret exit," High Priest Krypton whispers. "I suggest we make ourselves scarce."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Imperial Knight IS where the signal was last picked up. At the airforce compound.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:00 pm

(OOC: Yes, the specific room is what I meant. Whatever.)

The Knight kneels for a moment to meditate, reaching out with his psionic abilities. He makes his way to that room. Meanwhile, the Swiss troops and negotiator person go through the secret exit.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Fri May 20, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:18 pm

The Chameleon nods. "Go. I'll catch up." He disappears, blending in with his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:10 pm

The High Priests close the door behind them. The passage is pitch black.

"Quietly, follow me," High Priest Radon's voice is heard from the front. Following is simple despite the total blackness. A simple hand placed on the person's back is sufficient, since the floor is level and ceiling is high enough for safety.

Moments later, the rogue troops storm into the room.

"What the hell?" the leader says.

"You shouldn't use such profane expressions you know," the second replies wryly.

"Shut up. Do you realize that this is impossible? And that we are so dead - wait. There must be a secret passage!"

The sound of the Imperial Knight's approach is heard. The hallway outside is very very echo-inducing. Sorry.

Anyway, when he steps in, 30 or so rebel troops are stationed throughout the room, and some have flipped the table over for defensive purposes. When the Imperial Knight steps in, one of them immediately throws a grenade at him, and everyone else opens fire.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:05 am

He senses their hostile intent just before they attack and telekinetically hurls the grenade back at them. He ducks back into the hallway when they start shooting. He ignites his lightsaber and throws it through, trying to cut apart their rifles only, if possible. If not, he's not going to worry too much about it. He tries to call for backup.

(OOC: The EMP was a one time thing, right?)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:49 am

And the Chameleon, hidden well, starts on the attack, behind the enemy lines. He obviously doesn't care much about his own safety, but rather the safety of the High Priests and letting them escape.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:06 pm

(OOC: Yes. You weren't supposed to send in reinforcements Razz)

I don't see how a thrown lightsaber would cut apart their rifles, but he does get lucky, and the saber pierces one of the soldiers when he throws it around the corner.

The grenade kills another four in one section of the room.

The Imperial Knight is unable to call for backup. Apparently, the area is under some sort of jamming.

The Chameleon kills a few more troops, but the rest decide they've had enough. Several turn their submachine guns and spray at the room as they run out, and the rest spray in front of them as they charge down the hallway that the Imperial Knight retreated back down.

Meanwhile the High Priests step out of the secret passage.

"Stop," a voice from the outside says.

"No you," High Priest Radon's voice is heard. More High Priests are stepping out of the tunnel. The Swiss will follow in a moment.

Several gunshots are heard. The Swiss step out to see a few dead soldiers.

"Traitors. I wonder how many of them there are?" High Priest Neon comments.

Gunshots are heard in the direction of the building they just left as well as sustained shots from a building off in the other direction. Possibly loyal resistance.

"We have to go back for the strange creature from Rutianas!" High Priest Xenon exclaims, realizing the grave danger that they left the Chameleon to face.

"We cannot," High Priest Krypton replies gravely.

"We must find loyal soldiers and regain control of the compound. It is the best way to help the Rutian," High Priest Radon says. The other High Priests nod their heads in assent. They look to the Swiss.

(OOC: I'd assume that the Chameleon is unhurt Rut. Just because spraying randomly misses easy spots. Like just going to the ground. The Imperial Knight, on the other hand, is in trouble Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm

(OOC: It's telekinetically guided. It was thrown like a boomerang and would fly around the room cutting weapons and people before flying back into his hand. Since I do want to keep the guy alive, I guess I'll have to name him.)

The Imperial Knight, Rand Ko, who is not willing to wait and get shot at, telekinetically recalls his lightsaber to his hand. He stabs the first one that comes out of the doorway and keeps hacking away at the first few who come out before he hits them with Electric Judgment, the light side equivalent of Force Lightning. It's greenish-yellow rather than bluish-white. It won't kill them but it does cause them intense pain and will probably knock them out.

Meanwhile, the Swiss troops nod in agreement and pick up rifles and ammunition from dead Bismouthi troops.

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Sun May 22, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Well, the Chameleon might be in trouble once the force lightning starts flying. The only clue that he's even in there is the fact that these soldiers are being attacked by something invisible and unrelated to whatever the Knight is doing.

(OOC: This might be venturing too far into FT at this point with the Jedi type abilities, but I'm not the OP here.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:56 pm

(OOC: If it is, I'll pick something different, like a huge push or something.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:57 pm

(OOC: Uh, yeah...a jedi knight with extra mental abilities. In the middle of a 1965 battlefield. Makes this a four post victory.

When I figure out how to do this Panzer, you might have to let him be captured or otherwise disabled. I had no problem with Rut bringing in some FT technology because she didn't make all competition impossible; she kept barely enough advantage to keep her own character alive.

But yes, having a light saber, telekenisis, sense future danger, and the ability to make people fall over in pain at will is much too much for this RP, and probably the MT/PMT world in general.)

(OOC: EDIT: Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not against sending rescues at all. I'm actually about to instigate one. But I am against the rescue party being basically invincible in the current context.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 10:24 pm

(OOC: Yeah, that's a bit overly-wankish. Will downgrade the guy to initiate-levels of power. Also, I have no idea why I didn't see this until know.)

Rand Ko stabs the first one who comes through the door and tries to back up and deflect the rounds coming his way. Being solid projectiles fired with automatic weapons, that does not go too well for him, even with him trying to screw with their aim. Most of the rounds that hit him ricochet off of his armor but he catches a few bullets in his saber arm and goes down.

The Swiss Special Forces troops nod in agreement.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 4:52 pm

The Bismouthi rebels don't seem like they even care about the Knight once he falls over. No one shoots at him afterwards, and no one makes sure he's dead. They're scared out of their wits concerning the invisible monster that was killing them back there.

Speaking of whom, the Chameleon would have no problem following the passage the High Priests took if he chooses to follow.

High Priest Radon grins in grim humor. "Well then, it would appear that we are outranked," he says to the High Priests. "We will defer to your guidance in getting to that building unharmed," he tells the Swiss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rould frowns at the fact that the Chameleon's broadcast went offline.

"There must be a problem," he says urgently. "There was no reason for that to happen. And every reason why the High Priests should have left that up. Which only leaves circumstances beyond their control. Which only leaves one person."

He looks at K'Rina expectantly. And General D'Arc if he showed up.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:10 pm

A few minutes later, the Knight slaps on a bacta patch and dashes his way back to the Lambda, hopefully before the Bismouthi rebels realize what has happened. If he makes it back, they take off and start searching by air.

The troopers motion for them to start moving. If they spot the Lambda, they shoot a flare to attract its attention. If that happens, the people in the Lambda will deliver the datapad and transport them to their destination and then leave. If they don't spot the Lambda, then they go by foot and the Lambda circles around in the air, continuing its search.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 11:38 pm

The Chameleon does follow down the passage. Once he's caught up, he drops stealth. This time, he's managed to keep from being shot. He'll stick with them, dropping into stealth if need be.

K'Rina looks up at the Rutians in the room. They do make a few 'calls' back home. D'Arc shows up shortly after the broadcast disappears. He's brought up to speed by one of the Rutians, then joins K'Rina and Rould.

K'Rina sighs and nods. "So it's the one you thought. What can we do to help?"

D'Arc, as confused as he is, doesn't show it. He's not talking either, just listening.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:16 pm

When the Imperial Knight approaches the plane, there are a few screams, and several scientist-type looking people start running away. They're holding small objects, but look unarmed.

In any case, when the Knight reaches the plane, he finds that it seems to be in the process of being disassembled, and that there may be a few small pieces missing.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Uh, well seeing as he apparently isn't content to come out with his hands up, so to speak, and they're giving the legitimate forces enough of a fight that their communications are jammed, which by the way implies control over the control center, means that a rescue might be in order," Rould responds.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The High Priests, Chameleon, and Swiss troops reach the compound where Bismouthi troops are besieged by rebels and manage to slip in undetected. Well, unless you count that one sentry around the back that the Chameleon had to kill.

Anyway, when they get inside, the situation seems dire.

"Good, more loyal survivors," the one who seems to be in charge says before turning around. "We're soon to be over-"

He stops when he turns around and sees the party that has arrived.

"Carbin, it's the High Priests!"

"It is, Captain, now how is the situation?"

"We're close to being overrun. We've called reinforcements, and got the call through before they took the control center, but they won't be here for another 25 to 30 minutes. It's doubtful that we can hold out until then."

High Priest Radon nods. "Well, you've just gained another capable battle group."

He looks to the Chameleon and Swiss troops. "Will you help us hold out here until reinforcements arrive?" he asks. "Unless you have that datapad working again and can call A&A for reinforcement?"

(OOC: I only ask you Rut because the datapad is FT, and if there is any way to get around jamming, it would be in the FT device. I'm assuming that the Swiss can't break through being jammed, and the Bismouthi definitely cannot. Panzer, if you decide to say that the Swiss can call for reinforcements, please keep it within reason for the current context.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:35 pm

(OOC: And the pilot and guards inside would just let them disassemble it? Go with either taking off without him when people tried to disassemble it or being overwhelmed with sheer numbers. I'll just have the Knight head for the compound by foot.)

"We'll help hold them off. We're still being jammed, though, so it looks like there won't be reinforcements for a while."

(OOC: Would it be OK if I have a paratrooper company getting ready to show up within a few hours?)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:58 pm

(OOC: OK, I think I'll go with took off without him. Sure, you can have all the stuff you want at that point, but you might want to show up in under a few hours. I mean, the times I mentioned in my post were half an hour. Do avoid excessive abilities like the jedi or mind control stuff.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)   A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rustling, But More Than Bushes (MT/PMT)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: