Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birthright

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Heraklea

Heraklea

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin sat pouring over the latest documents the bureaucrats decided she needed to sign..  Forget the reactors, our ships are obviously powered by paperwork, she thought bitterly.  Dammit, Jackal isn't even mine yet!  She looked out the window at the destroyer waiting for her to take command.  In many ways, she was already in control.  Commander Kenichi didn't even speak during the wardroom meetings anymore, letting her direct everything despite the fact she was not officially part of the ship's force yet.  Except for the most mundane paperwork, he asked her for direction on all administrative issues facing the ship.  Hell, he had already moved her into the CO's Stateroom while he occupied an apartment near the brow on the shipyard.

The door chime sounded and Tamar look up from her desk.

“Communications Officer, ma'am,” said one of the marines guarding her quarters.

“Send him in, Wubbe.”

“Yes ma'am.”  The marine turned and exited the compartment and allowed Lieutenant Kolesov to enter.

“Good afternoon, ma'am.”

“Good afternoon, Lieutenant.  What brings you around?”

“We just received a message from Kirburg, ma'am.  It seems that State will be attending the change of command ceremony.”

“My father is coming?  Why the hell would he do that?”

“If I may venture a guess ma'am, I'd say it has to do with the fact you are his eldest child taking control of her first hyper-capable command.  It is kind of a big deal, after all, and a parent has the right to be proud of their offspring.”

“Don't you come off trying to sound reasonable to me, Yuri.”

“Wouldn't enter my mind, ma'am.  Of course, because your father is attending, that means that we'll probably also have VCoS, CNO, CDS and the assembled diplomatic corps attending.”

“Wonderful.  Get the yeoman to help you with issuing more invitations.”

TO:  The Ambassador from (Alpha Centauri, Ordenreich, Burnination, Rhea, Bastia, Rutianas)
FROM: Subcommander Ernest Kálmán, Executive Officer, HNS Jackal

You are cordially invited to the official transference of authority as Commanding Officer of the HNS Jackal from Commander Koga Kenichi to Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin on this stellar date in the Emery Memorial Theater on Naval Space Station Vulcan.

OOC: This is mostly for exploration of the character of GADM Kirrin and his family, and I don't expect any heavy stuff to happen. That said, if anything does happen...
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:48 pm

To: Subcommander Ernest Kálmán, Executive Officer, HNS Jackal

I thank you for the invitation, and will gladly attend the ceremony. If you would, please offer my most sincere congratulations to Lieutenant Commander Kirrin, as I understand the great significance with which our Heraklean brothers regard transfers of authority. I am curious, though, are there any others who might be in attendance at this event that I might wish to know about? Or is that information confidential?

Cordially,
Talent Moab Schrier
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:22 am

TO: Talent Moab Schrier, Ambassador to Heraklea from Alpha Centauri
FROM: To: Subcommander Ernest Kálmán, Executive Officer, HNS Jackal

The Chief of State, Vice Chief of State, Chief of Naval Operation, Chief of the Diplomatic Service, Vice Chief of the State Personnel Command, Heraklea System Commander, Sparta Planetary Commander, Commander of the Home Fleet, Commander of HNSS Vulcan, and the Kirrinheim Academy Commandant are all confirmed to attend so far. We are waiting on other invitation responses before we can form a complete list of dignitaries.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 4:54 am

Tamar groaned as she banged her head against the table. Dammit, Jackal is only a fucking destroyer! This shouldn't be a damned state affair!

“You know that's not very dignified,” said Commander Koga Kenichi. Tamar raised her head and gave the man a withering look.

“I'm pretty sure I wasn't issued any 'dignity' at the academy, sir.” Koga chuckled at her response. The man was often very severe during official business, but during off hours (like the present moment), Tamar had discovered, he could be a very genial person. “For stars' sake, there shouldn't be a potential for diplomatic incidences at a destroyer's change of command ceremony!”

“Is it really so bad?”

“You've seen the guest list. Not only is the ambassador from our single most important ally going to be in attendance, every ambassador from every minor ally, protectorate and 'cooperative state' will be too. Even the ones we need to stop and figure out why we haven't just toppled their government all ready every other week.”

“Surely there is someone you're excited to see.”

“Well, it'll be nice to see Admiral Annibale. I did ATC while he was writing the Gauntlet's scenarios. He was pure evil, but I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to hear about what he's done now that he runs the Kirrinheim Academy. And it will be convenient to have Admiral Yngve there so I can twist his nose about the refit. I just wish I didn't have quite so many toes underfoot.” Commander Kenichi nodded.

“I understand the feeling. That said, you are a Kirrin. By virtue of that fact you are automatically being groomed for a flag. That means you'll need to learn to navigate these particular kind of mine fields eventually anyway. Might as well get all your mistakes out of the way while you're still only a Lieutenant Commander. It certainly wouldn't do for your to make them when you've an entire fleet to your name.” Tamar snorted in response.

“I suppose you're right, sir. I just don't enjoy feeling like a scared little nub, and I really don't know what I'm out there.”

“Don't worry, Ms. Kirrin. You'll be fine.”
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 9:27 am

(OOC: Pass for now.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 8:26 pm

TO: Subcommander Ernest Kálmán, Executive Officer, HNS Jackal
FROM: Order Scribe Marilyn Lothaire, Ordenreich Ambassador to Heraklea

Apologies for the late reply, The Ordenreich government is currently celebrating a galactic wide religious celebration known as 'Christmas' and our staff has been in short supply for the past couple of days. I will be happy to accept your invitation to this changing of the guard of your esteemed naval commanding officers. We are looking forward to the event.

Sincerely,

Order Scribe Marilyn

-----------------

*The scribe finished writing the message and sent it off and immediately groaned, leaning back in her chair*

Aide: Ma'am, are you alright?

Marilyn: Sometimes I hate being an ambassador Jackson... I mean, a changing of the guard ceremony? For a common warship? I would understand if it was a legendary ship like our Ultra-dreadnoughts but really?!

Aide: Its all for the betterment of the Ordenreich's relations with our neighbors, ma'am.

Marilyn: I know... I know... Please fetch my wardrobe so I can decide what I need to wear to this event.

Aide: Yes, ma'am.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 12:40 pm

TO: Subcommander Ernest Kálmán, Executive Officer, HNS Jackal

I apologize, but I feel as though it would be too much of an intervention in your own internal affairs to attend. I appreciate your invitation. Your kindness is ever appreciated and will be reciprocated.

Sincerely,
Jenova
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 pm

OOC:  Wanted to do a little bit more with this but, work tempo picked up again and now I'm going to be going incommunicado for a few months, so I'll finish this up quick.

Tamar could feel the butterflies in her stomach and forcefully stomped them down with the discipline years of training and family heritage had imparted her with.  Her father had given a lovely speech which she was certain he had mostly written himself (in close consultation with her mother, of course), and now he looked on the continuing ceremony with cheerfully as the ceremony came to its most formal portion.  The squadron commander stepped forward and summon Koga and Tamar to the front of the stage.

“Lieutenant Commander Kirrin, read the orders.”  Tamar stepped to the center and withdrew the letter.  She broke the seal and unfolded the paper giving her authority over her first real warship.  After a deep breath, she began to read.

“To Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin, Heraklean State Navy, from Fleet Admiral Richard Lindsey, Chief of Naval Personnel, stellar date.  Madam: You are hereby directed and required to proceed aboard the Heraklean Naval Ship Jackal, there to relieve Commander Koga Kenichi of and take upon yourself the duties and responsibilities of commanding officer in service of the State.  Fail not in this charge at your peril.  By order of High Admiral Isabel Alda, Chief of the State Personnel, for Grand Admiral Adelei Kirrin, Chief of the State of Heraklea.”

“Commander Koga Kenichi, are you satisfied with the status of the Heraklean Naval Ship Jackal and the ability and authority of Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin to take charge of the same?”

“I am.”

“Lieutenant Commander Tamar Kirrin, are you satisfied with the status of the Heraklean Naval Ship Jackal and your ability and authority to take charge of the same?”

“I am.”

“Very well.  Lieutenant Commander Kirrin, you have permission to relieve Commander Kenichi as commanding officer.”  The two officers turned to each other and Tamar rendered a hand salute.

“Commander Kenichi, I am ready to relieve you.”  Commander Kenichi returned the salute.

“Lieutenant Commander Kirrin, I am ready to be relieved.  The Heraklean Naval Ship Jackal is currently docked at Heraklean Naval Space Station Vulcan, Shipyard Area, Slip Twenty-Seven-Alpha undergoing a refit.  The crew consists of thirty-seven officers and four-hundred-and-nineteen rates.  All crew members are fit for full duty and accounted for.  There are no criminal proceedings in progress and all items of the refit are on schedule.  Do you have any questions?”

“I have no questions, sir.  I relieve you.”

“I am relieved.  You have command.”  Commander Kenichi dropped his salute.

“I have command.”  Tamar dropped her own salute and Subcommander Kálmán stepped forward.

“Attention Jackal.  Lieutenant Commander Kirrin has command.”

“Lieutenant Commander Kirrin has command.  God wills it!”  A grin tugged at the corner of Tamar's mouth at the little informality added to the end of the response, and she quickly fought it down.  Commander Kenichi extended his hand to her and she shook it firmly.

“Congratulation, Captain.  And take care of them.”

“I will sir, and thank you.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Birthright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Birthright   Birthright Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birthright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues :: National News-
Jump to: