Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burnination Flag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I think I finished. Let me know if it needs more work

Burnination Flag Burn_f10
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Did you steal the laurels from my flag? :p
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Actually oddily enough I used those laurels in a redesigned Roman SQPR flag I made two years ago. When I set out to remake your flag Sela I simply copy and pasted the laurels from the SPQR flag

Its right here if you're interested.

Burnination Flag Spqr_e10

The laurels are in the center crest shield
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Have I mentioned recently that you're awesome?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:16 pm

Why a two-headed eagle? I thought that was a Byzantine thing. I don't seem to remember them using that, though I could be wrong. Looks Albanian, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Its also a Holy Roman Empire thing. I really just mixed the imagery of three different empires that claimed to be Rome. The Roman Republic (SPQR), the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantine), and the Holy Roman Empire (german).
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Ah. Of course. Forgot about the HRE somehow. Can definitely see the resemblance. Probably the whole Byzantine partisan thing. Heh. Should make RP stuff more interesting. SPACE Byzantines and SPACE Teutonic Knights.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Eh... maybe. The Ordenreich already borrows a lot of its traditions and ranks heavily from the Romans. Like Order Imperator, Centurions, etc
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:30 am

And I plan to gradually change the Rhean military so they use Byzantine ranks. It's going to be over time but you'll see Kentarchos (centurion), Pentakontarchos, Strategos, Doux, Dekarches, Pentarches, etc. This is mostly since my main neo-Byzantine state is in the alternate universe with the TSC. So about ten RP years or after the next war where he decides to reorganize things.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:32 am

Hmm... I might just try to start relations because I like the idea of space medieval knights and space remnants of the Roman Empire working together. So does this mean you will be operating sort of under the Byzantine Theme system?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 am

Yeah. Themata and tagmata, most likely. We're kind of like that already, in that we have a large reserve force for a small professional army. So by the end of things, we're going to end up with a weird mix of the Byzantine Empire, Star Wars, Star Trek, and a dash of DC Comics and Diablo.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:57 am

We're all weird. The Ordenreich is decedent from a holy order of knights who have a weird totalitarian/democratic hierarchy and have a Byzantine theme style military and use Mass Effect technology
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Pretty great flag Sacae, what program do you use if you don't mind me asking? I use GIMP for all my flag designs after a friend got be hooked on the program...before that I used...MSpaint Razz
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:59 pm

Adobe Illustrator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burnination Flag Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnination Flag   Burnination Flag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burnination Flag
Page 1 of 1