Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy

Go down 
+3
Selathorn
Sacae
Christana
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Teresa cocks her head to the side at this in thought. "None of the powers involved are military allies. Burnination has no military. It has, nor plans to have, any coercive power over others. The powers of which you speak are powers that have shown that they, like you, are capable of living beside us in peace.

"We were initially involved in the situation in Praos because to leave behind robotic machinery that can harm living beings is a crime against nature which we were compelled to attempt to address. We disengaged from the system as soon as it became known that there was a sentient being on the other end.

"If you are asking us to go in as a third party negotiator, we can make the appropriate arrangements for third party mediated dispute settlement, if the others are willing to accept that. If you are merely asking us to try to exert our influence in your favor, then I am afraid we cannot comply."
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 4:43 pm

"We are not asking you to join our side, we just believe that if any could turn the worst situation into the best situation for both sides, it would be Burnination."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:44 pm

"A moment ago you asked me to 'defuse my allies,' commenting that Christanan sovereignty over Praos would lessen the threat of war. Burnination rejects the deterrent model for the prevention of war. That is to say, we do not believe that a balance of powers, so to speak, is a good deterrent to war.

"We believe that two nations committed to peace will find peace regardless of power differential. If we are asked to mediate your dispute over Praos, we will not change an ethically just outcome to one that meets your definition of balance.

"In any case, my duties require me to return to Burnination. While your hospitality is warm, your sun is not warm enough for me to remain long. Should you still wish us to mediate, send a message to us and to the disputing parties. My mission here is done -- we wished to comment that we find your values admirable, and wish to see a Christanan ambassador alongside our ambassadors from the other nations of Korel."

With this, Teresa will leave as soon as she is allowed to do so politely.

(OOC: I think if you're going to ask Burnination to mediate on Praos, you should post it in that thread, not just this one, just for the sake of everyone reading it.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:27 pm

In the meantime, the Constantine is chatting up Councilor Cecilo, mostly politely arguing about slavery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy    An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An open invitation to the nations that inhabit the galaxy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3