Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Quietly, Talent Khoroushi can't help but be annoyed by the nature of his assignment. He was one of the best cryptos on his team, and one of the better hackers as well. His final assignment should have been something rather more fitting than just tracking some Burnite. It wasn't his place to complain, of course, but nevertheless it felt like grunt work to him. Still, he scanned his surroundings, trying to look for clues that would suggest a direction on the river to go.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Thorgood was hardly "some Burninite," though.

Anyway, he is unable to discern which direction on the river the tracks went. Looks like he's going to have to 50/50.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:28 pm

He decides to move in whichever direction that was away from the others, as to cover more ground.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:31 pm

(OOC: Pass)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:09 pm

OOC @Burn: We have a saying in the Navy: 50-50-90.  Whenever you have to guess with a 50-50 chance of being right, you will be wrong 90% of the time.  I really have nothing else to add until something happens, since we have already established how I am proceeding with the search.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:39 pm

(OOC: That's... That's blatantly not how statistics works Razz.)

Shortly after starting to move upstream, Talent Khoroushi finds a Feral Burninite, naked, lying on the ground. Strong resemblance to the picture of Thorgood.

The other party finds another feral Burninite with white hair kneeling on the ground over a deer carcass.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Quickly taking a snapshot with his datapad before backing up from the man, Talent Khoroushi sent a message to the other team members.

"Is this the man we're looking for?"
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:16 pm

OOC: And yet somehow it holds true.

Karly held up a close fist, signalling the party to stop.

"A feral," she whispered. She raised her rifle. "Shock rounds. Non-lethal," she said to Jenova. Just then, the image of the Burninite Talent Khoroushi found appeared on her HUD. "Is it?" she asked without taking her eyes off the feral.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 pm

"That looks about right," Jenova says, looking at the picture. "Let's see how those rounds fare against the great Doctor Thorgood, eh?"

Assuming there are no objections, she will have the Heraklean-lead group teleported to Talent Khoroushi. However...

The white haired Burninite leaps to his feet and runs towards Marcus!

The Thorgood resembling Feral that Khoroushi is watching seems to be asleep.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:04 am

Karly moved her rifle slightly to lead the feral and triggered it twice in rapid succession. Two small electrodes flew from the barrel of the rifle and attached at the top of the feral's legs. The tiny, powerful batteries in the electrodes discharged themselves as the feral's feet hit the ground. The brief flow of current disrupted the feral's control of its legs and it tumbled to the ground.

As the feral fell, Karly rotated a knob on the side of her rifle then fired a third time. The third electrode attached to the feral's head and as the feral's body touched ground, the electrode discharged through the feral's neural pathways, rendering the feral unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am

*Knight Commander Marcus casually walked forward as the Ferals starting chasing the group down. He tossed his stun gun to the Ordenreich ambassador.*

Marcus: Be right back ma'am.

Elania: Knight Commander where are you going?!

*The Knight Commander popped his fingers*

Marcus: Just going to make some new friends...

*A feral tried to jump on the Knight Commander but the Knight Commander punched it straight in the face knocking the feral out. Many other ferals tried to gang up on the Knight Commander but the Knight's military training and power armor ensured that the Ferals would be no match.*

Elania: Knight Commander! Must you resort to such barbaric tactics?!

*The Knight Commander turned to the ambassador with two ferals clinging to him trying to hurt him in some way*

Marcus: I'm being gentle ma'am. Trust me if I really wanted to hurt them this would be much quicker.

*Another Feral jumped on the Knight Commander's head causing him to sigh in an annoyed tone. He then pointed to the Heraklean officer*

Marcus: Hey, Eye-candy! A little help here!

Elania: Knight Commander! Language!

Marcus: Welcome to the frontier Ambassador!
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:06 am

Karli fired rapidly into the swarm ferals. As her clip ran dry, she switched it out for pegging rounds. Instead of electrodes, her rifle began firing long pins. Upon leaving the barrel, anchoring legs spread from the back end. The pins sunk into ferals, the anchoring legs catching on their bodies and carrying them into trees or the ground where they became trapped by the pin. Somewhat more damage than the shock rounds, but the Herakleans carefully aimed shots ensured that there weren't too many that would be crippled.

As the minor horde thinned, she transitioned to picking off the ferals around Knight Commander Marcus. She pegged one that he flung from where it latched onto his back. She slowly moved closer as she fired, and came to stand right next to Marcus when there was only one feral left. Moving quickly, she grabbed the feral, slammed it onto the ground and pegged its shoulder. Continuing the movement, she swept Marcus's legs out from underneath him and planted him firmly on the ground where she placed a booted foot on his armored chest.

“You have not earned the right to be so familiar with me, Knight Commander. Do not do so again until you have.” With that she removed her foot from his chest and, lifting a device from her belt, began moving around to the pegged ferals and rendering them unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:11 am

*The Knight Commander smiled after the Heraklean let him up. A woman with spunk, a trait that was sadly hard to find in most woman nowadays, especially in the Ordenreich. Of course the Knight Commander was unfortunately very stubborn or fortunately depending on who you ask.*

Marcus: You're a lady after my own heart you know that?

*The Knight Commander yelled that to the Heraklean officer before turning back to his charge when one last feral tried to jump her. The Knight Commander snatched the feral by the neck when it was mid air with one arm.*

Marcus: You know that was really rude...

*The knight commander pinned the the feral soft but firmly on the ground. The feral struggled fiercely but it was no match for the strength enhancements given to the Knight Commander via his power armor. He then pulled out a small device that pulsed electricity from one end.*

Marcus: This will only sting for a second...

*The Knight Commander pushed the device onto the skin of the feral which led to a small shock that knocked out the feral. The Knight Commander quickly tied it up so it wouldn't be a threat and stood up and took his position beside his flustered and very visibly annoyed ambassador*
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 10:28 am

While all of this has been going on, Talent Khoroushi has been quietly incapacitating some incoming ferals in the distance with quick strikes of the stun baton, with almost total silence. He definitely couldn't say the same for Knight Commander Marcus and Commodore Karli though. Of course, his job was to be subtle, but he couldn't help but feel that the others could afford it too.

Then, turning towards Jenova, he asks her, "So, now that Doctor Thorgood has been retrieved, is our continued presence here neccesary?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:20 am

(OOC: So I noticed that my one, not-so-dangerous element was made into a swarm! Some of us just want action Wink. )

"No, I do believe that we can now return to our usual, diplomatic posts. Thank you all for your help. Doctor Thorgood may yet be an extremely valuable Burninite."
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:55 pm

OOC: Shrug. Look at Sac, not me.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:18 pm

(OOC: I was going to comment about it but I just went with the flow Razz )
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:20 pm

(OOC: I don't care. Again, I just dislike the "ohai I'm an ambassador" threads. This is concluded, though, and I will continue to hold Moldimort until we finish the war.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:11 pm

(OOC: I'm just having sheer mindless fun. We have too many serious RP threads)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits   Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet, We're Hunting Wabbits
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: