Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Opposites Collide

Go down 
+2
Heraklea
Christana
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Christana

Christana

When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:04 pm

There was a state of emergency in the tower and most of the planet, Christana had entered their first galactic war now they would have to see if they could stand against a foreign power.

"We must invest all our effort into our ground forces, the navy will not be able to hold against their invasion force. They have already shown their incompetence." Shouted Commander Gotburg of the Urban Rangers.

"How dare you! We slaughtered their intimidation force, we can do it to the rest of their force." retorted Admiral Hatch .

"Exactly an intimidation force, it was barely any of their force however they still managed to decommission a dreadnought. We cannot rely on such a weak force, we must prepare ambushes and strangle them after they land." Recommended Commander Chi of the Rural Rangers.

"What!? So they can take us over and we can declare independence 100 years later? I have never heard such a stupi-" The Admiral was cut off by Councilman Vta.

"Gentlemen, we must put differences aside such as we did when our planet was in chaos. It will be plunged back into oblivion if we do not stand united. As such we shall not rely on one branch. All branches of the Rangers will do their best to stop any ground forces, while the Navy and Marines will protect the planet to their last breath."

The War council calmed themselves and began to plan.

--------------------------------------------------

OPERATION SHIELD

PLAN

SPACE: ADMIRAL HATCH IS TO FOCUS THE DEBRIS ON THE WARP SITE WHILE ADDING BODIES OF THE ENEMY INTO THE DEBRIS SITE TO DECREASE MORAL. 3 SEPARATE FLEETS SHALL BE PUT ON STAND BY FOR RESERVES LED BY THE VICE ADMIRALS, HATCH'S FLEET SHALL SERVE AS THE MAIN FLEET WHICH WILL DEFEND THE CHRISTANA. MARINES SHALL BE ABOARD ALL CAPITAL SHIPS AND SHALL LAUNCH INTO LARGE ENEMY TARGETS

GROUND: GROUND FORCES SHALL BE SPLIT INTO 3 GROUPS, URBAN RANGERS, RURAL RANGERS AND MILITIA. ANTI AIRCRAFT GUNS SHALL BE PLACED ALL AROUND CITIES AND IMPORTANT STRATEGIC AREAS. URBAN FORCES SHALL STAY IN THE CITIES AND FORTS WITH MILITIA TO DEFEND THE STRATEGIC TARGETS. RURAL RANGERS SHALL SET UP MULTIPLE CAMPS AND AMBUSHES THROUGHOUT THE PLANET. OUR TWO ORBITAL GUNS SHALL BE USED TO SUPPORT THE NAVY. A FORCE-FIELD HAS BEEN ACTIVATED AROUND THE PLANET TO AVOID SERIOUS DAMAGE TO THE SURFACE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.

A CALL FOR HELP: 5 EXPLORATION SHIPS HAVE BEEN SENT OUT TO FIND ENEMIES OF THE INVADERS AND MERCENARIES TO AID IN DEFENSE.

(OOC: If anyone wants to join this is now your chance.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 9:48 pm

(OOC: Might want to lighten up on the bolding, makes your post a bit hard to read. Also, note that my guys are probably not going to be the most helpful, having just resolved a diplomatic incident with the Herakleans and all.)

On the Fringes of the Centauri Sphere

Captain Fae van Canne was watching the sensor readings and reading the latest reports that scrolled through on her command console. She assumed direct command over the UNHS Nineveh, a Chiron-Class Light Frigate, and was also commander of her Homeguard flotilla made of up of the Nineveh in addition to two Garland-Class Corvetes.

Though the flotilla was theoretically stationed on the "northern" fringes of the Centauri sphere to prevent piracy, there really was very little piracy to speak of in the region with there being almost no commercial traffic. The good news was that the rotation would at least be coming up in a few days, so she had some hope that she would experience something a bit more exciting soon enough. She didn't, however, expect that to occur on her current posting.

She heard the characteristic blip of a new contact appearing on her scanner window, and quickly she read through the preliminary information that the console provided. According to the scanners, this new contact was unidentified, without a recognized registration, meaning that it was from an unknown foreign polity or a pirate. The prospect of seeing some action tantalized her, and either option would definitely have provided it. As such, she broadcasted to the new contact over her commlink,

"Attention, unidentified vessel with unrecognized registration. This is Captain Fae van Canne of the UNHS Nineveh, a Homeguard vessel under the Planetary Defense Force of Alpha Centauri. You must immediately identify yourself and your purpose, or we will open fire on your vessel."

Last edited by Selathorn on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 pm

“Attention forces of Operation Bielski.  This is Fleet Admiral Zelenka.  Execute.”

There is no way to hide hyper-translations.  It is too colorful, too intense, too energetic to hope to hide.  On the other hand, when an armada containing over a thousand ships, 136 of which are Mjollnir class super-dreadnaughts, is coming to call, subtlety is not in the plan of the day anyways.

The forces of Operation Bielski dropped out of hyper space within the Christanan system.  Fleet Admiral Zelenka's flag ship immediately sent our a prerecorded message.

“This is your one warning.  Surrender, or we will bring your civilization to its knees.”

With the message transmitted, the Heraklean armada accelerated towards Paris I.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 am

Paris I prepared for an assault, the men knew the risks when they signed up. It was a lost cause but they were going to kill as many bastards as they could.

Lt. Unson prepared his troops, his men loaded their rifles. The miners who decided to stay manned the turrets on the base itself and then inside. The interior complex was guarded by multiple turrets and steel doors.

Unson stepped onto a platform and began to speak as men crowded around him.

"Men, the fleet has warped right next to us, we can take orbital shots since we are underground but they will assault us and you better believe that they have many more men. You know what they don't have though? They don't have soldiers, no not like you. You are heroes already because you chose to stand against a behemoth who will burn your home, rape your daughters and kill the rest of your families. So men I have to say that I would rather have 1 of you than 100 of them." As he finished his passionate speech the men cheered and manned the guns.

----------
The FPS Hellion warped into unknown space, the captain smiled when he heard the message.

"Hello! This is Captain Julius Laywith of the FPS Hellion of the Free Planet of Christana. We require intimidate assistance! Our home planet is being invaded by Heraklea. They will ruin our planet if they take control of us. I am begging you to send help before our entire planet becomes nothing more than a rock.

Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:52 am

The armada took up positions around the moon.  Christanan space forces had yet to begin their counter offensive, leaving the Heraklean warships free to engage the moons static defenses.  Kinetic bombardments destroyed the surface to space weapons, paving the way for the ground offensive.

Bifrost, this is Ascalon.  Begin the invasion of the moons surface.”

With that order, the HNS Bifrost began disgorging light attack craft and drop ships.

Light attack craft swept the moon's surface.  Every movement was tagged and a daisy-cutter dropped on it.  With clear landing zones, the drop ships contacted land and immediately began spewing forth marines.

“For Odin!” they cried as they burst through the entrances to the mine, clad in heavy assault armor.  They met resistance.  Brave men fighting to defend their homes.

But miners are not soldiers, and heavy assault armor is thick.  Brave Christanans died as their flesh was melted by hot plasma.  Their brief screams of pain encouraged on the Heraklean marines as they broke past line after line.  For each felled Heraklean, ten or more Christanans lay dead.

Their advanced slowed upon encountering true soldiers.  More Einherjar died as they fought on, but another was always ready to take their place.  Soon soldiers lay beside miners.  Countless dead littered the floors of the complex.  They did not yield.  They did not give an inch.  Even in the final assault upon the command post did they fight.

“Save me a seat at Odin's table, brother,” said a marine to the collapsed, half melted form of a Christanan soldier with name 'Unson' printed on his armor.

A thousand Heraklean marines lay dead, one in ten of those who landed.  But Paris I had fallen.  A good start.

Even as a single Einherjar brigade took the moon, the bulk of the Heraklean armada was still to meet the enemy fleet.  It would happen soon.  After all, they were moving against the homeworld now.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:16 am

*The Ordenreich maintained many stealth frigate patrol patterns beyond its borders and was happening to pass the outskirts of Centauri space when it intercepted a transmission between the Centauri and an unknown ship. Well it was more that the unknown ship broadcasted unencrypted on all channels but they knew that the Centauri had been contacted for assistance by an undiscovered species. The Stealth frigate moved in closer and discovered a ship of unknown make and model which was the source of the transmission. The stealth frigate sent first contact alert to the Order 3rd Fleet which was stationed on the edge of Ordenreich space closest to the system where first contact was. This fleet also included the Ultra-Dreadnought, T.S.F. Times of War. The stealth frigate then sent a transmission alerting the Centauri vessel of their presence and also contacted the unknown Christanan ship.*

Stealth Frigate: This is the T.S.F. Bloodwing responding to distress beacon and possible first contact scenario. Unknown vessel state your ship designation, purpose, people, and plight. Bloodwing out.
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:43 am

"Form the wall!" The Admiral ordered the fleet.

The fleet formed something that looked like the great space wall of China.

After a minute the Admiral shouted "Dreadnoughts broadside and fire! Everyone else fire!"

The ion cannons could be seen from far the moon, blue and beautiful yet very deadly.

--------

Captain Laywith grinned and he responded to the second transmission. "This is Captain Julius Laywith of the FPS hellion, we come from the Free Planet of Christana which is under attack at this moment by Heraklea. We request a support fleet to push them back, if their troops land many many people will die."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:17 am

*The line was quiet a long time as the Stealth Frigate order captain conversed with O.S.S.C. Livenstein with what the Christana ship told them. After about a minute the stealth frigate came back on the air with its response.*

Stealth Frigate: FPS Hellion, this is the T.S.F. Bloodwing, the Hierarchy of the Ordenreich has deemed Heraklea in violation of Article three of the Writ of the Ordenreich. The Order 3rd fleet has been retasked to the protection and preservation of the Christana home world. Send coordinates and we will forward them to the fleet. Fur Den Auftrag.

*The stealth frigate cut transmissions and forwarded the Ordenreich's decision and response to the Centauri, the message has no recommendations attached its merely the Ordenreich informing the Centauri about their decision.*

(OOC:https://korel.forummotion.com/t291-writ-of-the-ordenreich#7116 - The Writ's provisions if you want to know)

(OOC 2: @Heraklea I studied what you posted in your military factbook for your people's space navy and compared it to mine and wanted to see if you wanted to discuss how we are going to do this beforehand. I'm bringing an ultra-dreadnought to this fight which, if you read my military codex, is a monster especially with its FOABs. I don't want to be seen as godmodding if I launch my FOABs at your fleet if we get into conflict with each other because to be honest, my FOABs were able to do a number on Burn's horrendously overpowered Hildenburen. Just wanted to ask beforehand)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:18 am

Captain van Canne read through the Sacaen transmission, and then looked back towards the Christanan vessel, trying to decide what if anything she was going to say. She had gained a sense of respect for the Herakleans, having participated in a joint-operation with them against a pirate station. Of course, an attack like the once the Christanan vessel described was a serious matter, but somehow she doubted that it was entirely unprovoked.

Over her commlink she said to the Christanan vessel, "FPS Hellion, although we will consider your proposal, know that immediate action is not feasible at this time. I shall forward your message for consideration by my superiors, but know that I can promise nothing, as a simple commander of a Homeguard squadron. Perhaps under a less... pressing... situation, you would be welcome to send a diplomat, however, until then, I can only point you elsewhere. Marked on the map are some other polities within the galactic community, besides the OrdenReich that you have just encountered."

Talent Zhang's Office, UN Headquarters

The workday was beginning to end, as Talent Zhang began to finish replying to the last few diplomatic reports sent by the Governate's ambassadors across the Korel galaxy. It was probably the most boring part of an otherwise fairly exciting job, but she was hardly going to complain. She didn't exactly want to be risking her head 24/7 meeting bizarre alien polities, so sometimes the boring work gave her a bit of perspective. This day, though, she received an urgent communication from Andreus Aaron, Commander of the Planetary Defense Force.

"Important update incoming. Alien contact at [COORDINATES] found, known as the 'Christanans'. They have allegedly reported that Heraklea has attacked them, and have asked for immediate military assistance. I have declined, though I know that the OrdenReich has provided it, according to Captain Fae van Canne's account of the situation."

Talent Zhang leaned back in her chair, trying to decide how exactly she was going to respond to this. An attack on an independent polity by the Herakleans was a serious matter, but in all truth she hardly wished to intervene. Though the Maynard Incident strained relations somewhat, both sides were more than satisfied with its resolution and it could almost be said that relations improved. The Herakleans were proving to be quite more powerful than the Centauri had once thought them to be, and although questionable ideologically, they would make excellent allies from a purely practical standpoint.

Ultimately, she decided that the Governate was better off staying its hand. There was no way it could gain from intervention, especially not when they didn't know the full story, and if the Herakleans subsumed another backwater, so much the better. They had proven to be a stabilizing force in an otherwise unstable region. If anything, she decided that she would be better off helping the Herakleans, albeit indirectly. With that, she composed a message to Commodore Sterling, the Heraklean ambassador to Alpha Centauri.

[HEAVILY ENCRYPTED]

To: Commodore Johnathan Sterling

Commodore Sterling,

We have become aware of a Heraklean attack on a polity known as Christana that has contacted us on the fringes of our sphere of influence. Not knowing the full account of the events that have transpired, we have decided to stay our hand in the interest of continued good relations. Additionally, it may be of interest to know that the Third Fleet of the OrdenReich was deployed to aid the Christanans. This piece of intelligence may not reach your force in time, but we hope that you recognize the gesture nonetheless.

Cordially,
Talent Nancy Zhang

(OOC: Yeah, the Centauri are kind of bastards sometimes Razz)

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:54 am

“Incoming ion cannon fire.  Deploying flak.”

“That is too far out to be of any true use,” observed the admiral that commanded BatRon 133.  “And that formation?”

“They are a young navy, Admiral,” replied Fleet Admiral Zlenka as the ion blasts disipated in the fields of flak and shields.  Some made it through to scar superdreadnaught hulls with mostly superficial damage, here and there a cruiser was crippled, a destroy destroyed.  “They have much to learn.  We shall teach them.”

“Admiral, they're in the envelope.”

“Very well TAC.  Send the fire signal in two-zero seconds.”

“Fire signal in two-zero seconds, TAC aye.”

Off to the side stood Commodore Pershing, two marines, and a heavily restrained James Davanto.

“I made a special request for you to be here, Mr. Davanto.  I wanted you to observe exactly what happens to those who attack Heraklea.  I want you to know why all but the most rigorous historian have forgotten the names of Craig's Star, Belephon and Thames.  I want you to appreciate what your people have provoked.”  James Davanto looked positively sick.  “Don't worry, Mr. Davanto.  I'll remember Christana.”

Millennia had past since a patriot declared “Do not fire till you see the whites of their eyes,” but the lesson remained.  A good commander knows to save his fire until it is useful.

Twenty seconds after the Christanan “wall” had entered the extreme range of the Heraklean effective missile envelope, the Heraklean armada began launching its fractal missile salvos.  Hundreds of thousands of missiles screamed towards the Christanan fleet, their time-space distortion drives accelerating them to unthinkable speed.  Hundreds of thousands became millions as the fractal missiles separated.

Some EW warhead began instantly broadcasting their jamming signals to the Christanan point defense networks.  Others moved away from the rest of the missiles and spoofed entire new missile clusters.  All distracting the Christanan defensive networks from the true threats.  The missiles carrying tachyon pumping warheads and ship-killer nukes.

(OOC: will try to deal with OrdenReich at lunch. I have to go to work.)
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Multiple ships were dying, the fleet had been taking serious damage.

"WHERE THE HELL IS VANDHALT!?" Yelled Hatch over coms.

"Right here." Stephen replied.

From the back of the invasion fleet warped a monster ship, second only to the FPS Christ. It had full speed ahead into the fleet from behind.

"Hello Commodore, nice to see you again." Stephen said somewhat mockingly. As he started to prepare the sequence.

The ship had made it past the first few lines of defense and was going towards the center. Stephen in the meantime was entering the code. "Self destruct activated, T minus 30 seconds.

"You know Commodore, I like this ship and I like my life too bad I have to blow both up to make sure I kill at least half your fleet. Oh you better start running now."

The ship was damaged from an entire fleet firing upon it but it was not needed because it was going to blow up anyway.

(OOC: Pretty much this ship is gonna blow up sacrificing a crew of 10,000 men to destroy a good portion of your fleet. IT IS A COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE TACTIC well kinda... maybe not oh well.)

-----

Laywith smiled and said, "76552 north sir."

It was good to not be in the chaos that was going on in Christana but sometimes you just had to go back.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:19 pm

(OOC: Fireships are old hat. As far as I'm concerned, go ahead. Just keep the damage realistic. Anyway, this will be a bit before all the shooting starts.)

Earlier, a Christanan explorer enters the edge of Rhean system. It is promptly intercepted by a Star Destroyer.

"Unidentified vessel, this is Captain Stark of the CSS Nautilus of the CSR Air and Space Force. Identify yourself and state your purpose or we will fire."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 pm

*As the battle at Christana raged a large number of slipspace ruptures appeared on the edges of Christana's system. A few seconds later a large number of destroyers, frigates, carriers, dreadnoughts, and the ultra-dreadnought Times of War appeared and began warming up weapons. Surprisingly a female voice came over the mike (OOC: my people don't gender discriminate its just that females in high command positions are rare because the military is unpopular to females)*

Maya: This is Paladin Komtur Maya von Danzig Nova of the ultra-dreadnought, T.S.F. Times of War to Heraklea fleet. You have been found in violation of the Writ of the Ordenreich by attacking a pre-colonial spaceflight species. This is a formal demand to cease and desist combat operations to allow for negotiations. This demand will not be repeated. Fur Den Auftrag.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:16 pm

A single Burninite Mothership appears near the Ordenreich fleet.

"The Motherland of Burnination concurs with the demand of the Ordenreich fleet. The warring nations are advised to stand down and allow for the diplomatic process to occur."

Seemingly out of nowhere, a thin energy shield appears between the two fleets. It's paper thin, but withstands the several energy blasts that it cut off from fire between the fleets. It is unclear how much force it will take before dissipating, but it does provide enough respite in the combat for the two fleets to choose to stand down.

*Encrypted*
"Ordenreich vessels, this is Jenova Incinerator of Burnination. We agree with your intentions here and have erected an energy barrier to attempt to stall the melee here. Please allow the warring parties to think before acting aggressively. That is all we ask."
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

The status of the battle around the Christanan homeworld was being monitored by the Heraklean forces on Paris I, but there was little they could do about it.  Instead, they busied themselves collecting information about their defeated enemy.  Vice Commodore Hektor Karling, the Jarl of the Heimdallr Brigade, surveyed the aftermath of the Battle of Paris I.

“Hail, my Jarl!” called a thane (captain).

“Tell me of the enemy, thane.”

“They were out matched.  They were out gunned.  And they did not yield.  They fought unto death, even in their command post.”

“Show me.”  Jarl Karling was guided to where the Christanans had made their final stand.  “This was their commander?” asked the jarl.

“Yes, my Jarl.  He fought to the end.”

“So he did.  Einherjar!  Attend me!” the transmission was broadcast to all the marines on the planet.  “The warriors who fell in these tunnels have proven themselves worthy.  There is no doubt in my mind that they have been taken up by Valkyries, to the halls of Valhalla.  They shall be properly commemorated.  Hail the glorious dead!”

“Hail the glorious dead!” responded the marines.  Some of the Einherjar moved to the walls, drew their powered blades and began carving depictions of the battle into the walls.  On one an unarmored miner thrust hist chest to the sky in defiance of a kinetic blast.  In another Einherjar spilled forth from dropships, light gleaming off their armors.  And in a third, two armies faced each other: one carrying banners of ravens and valknuts, the other the flag of Christana.  Both armies were radiant, their commanders halo'd in glory.  Other Einherjar began carving poems and attestations of bravery.  Those without an artist's skill began reverently lifting and carrying the bodies of the dead from the tunnels.  As they went about their work, they began singing the age old dirge:

”If I should return,
With my body on my shield,
Tell my son I chose to die than yield...”

(OOC: For the entire dirge, click here.)

“Depletion!”

“At four-one capital ships destroyed, another one-nine crippled!”

“Damn kamikazes.  All ships, close ranks!  Press the attack!  Destroy their fleet!”

It wasn't perfect.  No matter how often emergency bills are rehearsed, they never are, but the efficiency with which the gaping hole in the Heraklean wall of battle was filled spoke to the how well the crews were trained.

The Heraklean armada continued their advance into the teeth of the Christanan ion fire.  Fractal missiles sped towards the be-leagued defenders in a constant stream.  As the range closed, tachyon bursts from the main cannons of Heraklean warships tore into the Christanans.  Ships burst and died on both sides as attacker and defender savage each other.

Slowly, though, the Heraklean armada earned dominance.  They were far more practiced in the art of war.  Far better tempered.  Many of Christana's dreadnaughts drifted as broken hulks.  One of the Christanan orbital platforms was penetrated by a nuclear warhead and destroyed.  The Herakleans had come to kill and rend the Christanan fleet.  Blood for those taken in the attack on Taskforce 6-13.  And they were succeeding.

“Ma'am, slipspace ruptures!”

“What?”

“Incoming transmission.”

“This is Paladin Komtur Maya von Danzig Nova of the ultra-dreadnought, T.S.F. Times of War to Heraklea fleet. You have been found in violation of the Writ of the Ordenreich by attacking a pre-colonial spaceflight species. This is a formal demand to cease and desist combat operations to allow for negotiations. This demand will not be repeated. Fur Den Auftrag.”

The message had barely been played when the Burninite mothership appeared and the energy shield appeared.

“Damned interloping, sanctimonious bastards,” cursed Fleet Admiral Zlenka.  “COMM, record a burst.  Attention Ordermen and Burninites.  This is Fleet Admiral Zlenka.  The Christanans provoked this war by firing on a diplomatic mission and its escorts.  They have brought this upon themselves.  Cease your interference and allow us to finish this war.  Transmit.”

(OOC: I think a discussion of the FOAB is moot at this point thanks to god-tech declaring peace.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:05 pm

(OOC: It's not god-tech. If you shoot it, it will break, just like any shield.)

"That may be so, but we entreat you to try diplomatic methods of resolution," Jenova responds.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:11 pm

"They were given a chance to surrender. In the interest of diplomacy, I will give them another opportunity."
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 pm

"Greetings Captain Stark of the CSS Nautilus. I am Captain Vu on the FPS on a mission to request support from anyone I can find. I beg you on behalf of the Free Planet of Christana that you help us fight the Heraklea at 76552 north."

-----

Admiral Hatch was fairly confused and proceeded to message every new fleet. "Who the hell are you?"

Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:47 pm

[OOC][SNARK] A collection of fart-sniffers enamored with the scent of their own bungholes. tongue [/OOC][/SNARK]
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:10 am

"Is that so? We did detect lots of energy signatures in that sector of the galaxy. Give me a complete picture while we send scouts out. I will open a channel to the Tetrarchy so they may hear and decide."

As he speaks, a half dozen probe droids are sent over. They sit far away from the fighting, sending footage over.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 am

*Paladin Komtur Maya was somewhat stunned by the arrival and help of the Burninites. After action reports by those bastards in the Pioneers stated that they left the Burninites for dead in their time of need. Safe to say the Pioneer Order Admiral was throughly reprimanded and stripped of his rank for those actions. Regardless, the arrival of the Burninites would be very helpful in forcing a ceasefire with the Heraklea. The Paladin Komtur responded to the Burninites.

Maya: Jenova Incinerator of Burnination this is Paladin Komtur Maya von Danzig Nova. That was our original intent. We hope that we don't have to initiate combat operations on the Heraklea but we will if they force our hand and aren't willing to negotiate. We will follow your lead in this matter.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:45 am

“Admiral Hatch, this is Fleet Admiral Zlenka.  Since our guests are so fired up about diplomacy, I shall give you another chance to end this without further blood shed.  My terms are simple: admission of fault by Christana, surrender of the Cortane criminals, annual reparations for the dead, disarmament and permanent basing rights for Heraklea to enforce the terms.”

OOC: Heraklean don't just fight to win the war, they fight to win all the following wars.

Last edited by Heraklea on Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:02 pm

"Emissaries of peace who implore you to solve your problems without violence," the Burninite vessel responds to the hail from Christana. "Consider yourself implored."

The energy shield vanishes. Or rather, dissipates. It was probably never able to be sustained for more than half a minute. Definitely much less had it been shot at any more.

*Encrypted*
In response to the Ordenreich: "That may be unwise. Our strength is very diminished. We commend you for your actions here, but you have likely seen the extent of our show of power. It will be we who follow your lead should the fleets go diplomatic. Should they begin firing again, we will be forced to retreat."

(OOC: Edit -- It was mentioned to me that my intervention here was inappropriate. I did not think so, but I apologize if it appeared so. If anyone ever has a problem with my use of shields, please don't hesitate to ask me to change/remove it. Also please note that anything big that I do like this is always left up to you, the thread-posters, to decide exactly how it affects the thread. I certainly will never feel snubbed if I attempt to stop a battle and fail! That is, if you wanted to shoot the shield, are certainly within your rights to break it right away.)

Last edited by Burnination on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 5:43 pm

*Paladin Komtur Maya sighed when she got the response from the Burninites. She was a fool to think the Burninites were back to their former strength so quickly after their disaster.*

Maya to Burninites: Understood... you presence is still welcome and your reputation is helpful in this situation. If fighting breaks out you have my word that the fleet will cover your retreat. Until then, however, your input would be welcome for any diplomatic talks
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm

“Fleet Admiral!  The Burninite fields!  They're-”

“I see it TAC.”  Fleet Admiral Zlenka studied the plot.  The barriers erected by the Burninites seemed to dissolve.  A frown spread across he face.  Did the Burninites decide the fields were no longer needed?  Or were they no longer able to maintain them?

“How do wish to proceed, Ma'am?” asked her adjutant.

“That's up to the Christanans at this point.  If they capitulate, we win, end of the story.  If they flatly refuse and offer no counter-terms, we can claim they are unwilling to negotiate peace and press the attack.  It'll cost us more lives, but I'm confidant we can win out the day if we can keep the Paladin Komtur from interfering.  If they attempt to engage us diplomatically, I don't see how we can not respond in kind.”

“If that happens, the Ordenreich will get to play peace broker.  That will strengthen their position internationally.”

“That's unavoidable.  We can always hope for the Christanans to do something stupid but I wouldn't count on it.”

“Yes ma'am.  In the mean time, shall we discuss contingencies for if talks break down?”

“If that happens, we have to break the Christanan fleet quickly.  We don't need to destroy it completely, but we need enough to break through with the Einherjar.  If we can get the marines on the planet's surface and gain control of their leaders and main cities we've won.  We would need to act swiftly to finish it before Richie1 could get involved, otherwise we can't hold the system.  Not with one of their ultradreadnaughts here.”

1“Richie” is Heraklean slang for the Ordenreich and or its citizens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Opposites Collide
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: