Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Darker side of the Ordenreich

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacae

Sacae

The Darker side of the Ordenreich Empty
PostSubject: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:50 pm

*The Ordenreich had always attempted to remain neutral in the affairs of the other powers in the world. In their mind, they wanted to have the most flexibility when it truly came time to "choose sides" if or when there was a galactic war. That has not happened yet and, in the eyes of Sacaen officials, it won't happen anytime soon due to recent events in the Gar'zhog-Hildenburen War and the threat the two powers still held over the peoples of the galaxy. However, with the deaths of the whole civilian and military branches of the Ordenreich and the rise of their subsequent successors anything could happen. The Ordenreich hoped this wouldn't happen anytime soon but recent events may change that forever. When Livenstein fell, all government officials deny it but the Ordenreich collapsed that day. With its collapse was the loss of contact with many colonies and military operations both secret and public. After the war, the new government ordered its forces to regain contact with many of these operations and colonies. One such supposed colony was a place called Nova Silesia. The colony, on the public records, was classified as a penal colony so a sizable military force was sent to the colony to subdue any escaped convicts. When the troops landed though they discovered a much darker secret that could destroy the Ordenreich. In the prisons the soldiers found civilians, not civilians of their people, but civilians of foreign powers like Rheans, Buninites, and Centaurians. They also found that these civilians were experimented upon. They found corpses that were dissected, civilians that were purposely infected with engineered diseases and let loose upon the unsuspecting captives. It was horrifying to the soldiers and grew more gruesome as it was found out, through the base's records and mass graves with thousands of bodies tossed in, that this had been going on since the Ordenreich made first contact. It was found out that the base and experiments were run by the Black Order, the secret black ops division of the Ordenreich, and the experiments were signed and approved by the former government of the Ordenreich. The new Ordenreich government attempted to cover up this disgusting breach in galactic law and morals but it was already too late. Footage of the discovery had already found its way through the extranet to the Ordenreich's neighbors...

(OOC: Just wanted to stir the pot, get some RPing going, and get my nation into its first real crises)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:24 pm

Pravin Lal's Office, UN Headquarters, MY 2823

Pravin Lal looked at the gruesome footage once again, taking in the horror and the magnitude of it. It was only in 2d, thank the gods, but nonetheless it captured all of the disgusting detail in spite of the video's low resolution and shaky filming, as he saw the shocked OrderReich soldiers comb through Nova Silesia and gravely inspecting the dead of civilians from foreign powers all across the galaxy from experiments conducted by the OrdenReich's black ops division.

So... perhaps Morgan's occasional reports of disappeared employees on Rhea and on his vessels might not just be from his accused corporate intrigue.

Civilians of foreign powers captured, and used for testing of biohazards. New super-diseases being developed, presumably for the usage against foreign polities should the time come. Alright, it was not exactly as if Chiron did not have things it would like to hide itself, like the "mind control probes" as they had been so dubbed that had been used in past faction warfare (though "mind control" was really just highly advanced memetic engineering), as well as the breeding of mind worms by the Gaians (of which foreign powers could never really understand the magnitude of), but still it frightened him to see this kind of footage nonetheless. It would have frightened him even if it had came from his own polity, as it just revolted the humanitarian in him.

To: Hochmeister Micah von Guelder, the Heirarchy of the OrdenReich
From: Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri

Hochmeister Micah von Guelder,

It has come to our attention that a video depicting the discovery abuses that had taken in the colony known as Nova Silesia has been circulating in the Galactic Net. If the video is to be believed, under the direction of the group known as the Black Order, civilians have been abducted from various polities around the galaxy and subjected to unlawful imprisonment, biological testing, dissection and various other abuses of sophont rights. This is completely unacceptable by codified galactic laws, the laws of various nations, and even, as far as we can tell, those of your own nation. The Black Order, and by extension your own nation has committed atrocities that must be tried and prosecuted in a proper court of law. Should you fail to immediately commit to trial against the perpetrators of the act or those who instructed to them, or fail to convict them from that point on, we shall immediately call for an expedient trial on an international court. Additionally, no matter the final result, what has happened is a black stain on our relationship and from this point forward we will make all decisions with respect to your nation with extreme caution.

You have been warned. If we find evidence of further abuses, we will act.

Cordially,
Planetary Governor Pravin Lal
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:33 pm

*Hochmeister Micah had been staring at the wall for the last hour in complete stunned shock. It wasn't just any random wall for it housed a picture of him shaking hands with the late Hochmeister Paul III. "Why?" He thought. "Why would he do this? What was the goal? How could he justify this... this madness?" These were only a few of the thousands of questions that were running through his mind. The same questions that currently rooted him to his chair and stunned him into a stupor that gravely concerned all his aides as he became completely unresponsive to them. Hochmeister Micah just couldn't believe it. Paul was the Hochmeister that he and all other people of the Ordenreich looked up to. He was the one who made first contact with the rest of the galactic community. In a few decades he brought the Ordenreich from a nonexistent backwater to a respectable power in the galactic community. There was even a great ceremony thrown in his honor commemorating his memory after he died in the sudden attack on Livenstein. The proof was right there though. The death camps were real with thousands of witnesses confirming it and the documents approving of the camp were there as well signed by the Hochmeister, OrdenMarshall, and the entire old Council. The Hochmeister just kept staring until a beeping at his personal terminal brought him back to reality. He quickly read the message from Governor Lal and knew this was only the beginning. The message drained the color from his face but he knew he would have to respond if he was to salvage anything from the Ordenreich's, now nonexistent, honor as a nation. The Hochmeister called for his aid.*

Micah: Aid, get me Paladin Komtur Jager immediately.

Scribe: Yes sir.

*A few seconds later Paladin Komtur Jager responded a few seconds later*

Jager: Yah mein Hochmeister

Micah: Paladin Komtur, I want you to be as honest as possible. The fate of our people rests on that. Did you have anything to do with this... atrocity.

Jager: No my Hochmeister.

Micah: You received an appointment to join the Council before the war. Though you weren't able to officially accept the position before the attack started you knew nothing of this?

Jager: No Hochmeister, the documents state that this was approved by the Council just after first contact. Due to the nature of the crime I doubt the Council would have let a recent apointee like me in on this secret.

Micah: I see... I believe your word Paladin Komtur. Your a damn war hero in my books but the other nations and the people may not be so quick to accept your word. Until we can sort this out I hereby suspend your command and place you under guard till further notice. You will transfer command to your second in command and surrender yourself to your guards. You will be kept in your room under guard till we can determine your innocence or guilt.

Jager: I understand sir.

*Micah waited a few minutes for his orders to be carried through and was greeted by a new officer who seemed extremely nervous*

Micah: And you are?

Banner: Kn... Knight Commander Banner... si... sir.

Micah: Relax Knight Commander I need you clearheaded.

Banner: Yes sir

Micah: Has Paladin Komtur Jager surrendered to you?

Banner: Yes sir.

Micah: Good. Await further orders in regards to him

Banner: Yes sir.

*Micah closed the connection and opened up a new one with Head Scribe Bigsley, director of the Order Library (home of all the Ordenreich's accumulated knowledge)

Micah: Scribe. I need you to confirm some things

Bigsley: Yes sir

Micah: Was Paladin Komtur Peter one of the old Council from before the war?

Bigsley: Yes sir and I already know what you are thinking. He contacted me claiming he had no knowledge of this.

Micah: Bullshit. His name is on the document. Thank you Scribe

Bigsley: Sir.

*Micah contacted Paladin Komtur Peter's second in command and ordered him to arrest Peter and bring him back in chains to Livenstein. With that taken care of he revoked the Black Order's commission effectively declaring them a rogue element of the Ordenreich. Now he had to face the intergalactic community. He began his message to Governor Lal*

To: Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri
From: Hochmeister Micah von Guelder, the Hierarchy of the Ordenreich

Governor Lal,

I understand your anger. I was just has horrified when I heard about the atrocities on Nova Silesia. You must understand that the current Ordenreich government does not condone the actions of the former government and the Black Order. What they did goes against everything the Ordenreich stands for. The members of the Hierarchy who approved this atrocity were killed in the FOAB strike on Livenstein save for one Paladin Komtur and the Dark Komtur, Head of the Black Order. I have already ordered the arrest of the Paladin Komtur who approved this action and he is now being taken into custody. I have also declared the Black Order a rogue organization and all members of it are either in our custody or on the run from our forces. Every action is being taken to bring them to justice. If it helps at all I have ordered ships laden with relief supplies sent to the penal colony. These ships are filled with food, water, and proper shelters for the victims of this atrocity. I also have Order Scribes combing over the notes of Black Order scribes who experimented on your people looking for cures for these engineered diseases. Until that time however, I have quarantined the planet to ensure the diseases are not spread beyond the colony. My knights groundside have already begun the process of identifying the victims, both living and deceased, and as soon as all have been identified I will send you a list of your people victimized by these experiments. After this, I will accept whatever punishment you deem fit. I pray you will be merciful.

Sincerely,
Hochmeister Micah von Guelder

Fur Den Auftrag
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:30 pm

Burnination...doesn't react.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 2:52 pm

If what you have said is true, an important step has been taking in the right direction, and we are pleased that the criminals who perpetrated the atrocities have been brought to justice. We will gladly receive the list of those who have been identified and wish to return them to their home planet as fast as can be possible. Besides that, for the moment, we are satisfied with observing future developments, and hope that the new OrdenReich government takes a different path from that of the last. Our intent is not to punish, and so long as your own domestic courts provide an appropriate resolution to all of this we shall take no further action. Still, we will remember this, and we will, from this point on, be watching all of this carefully.

Cordially,
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Paradisus Novum, Veridia Prime...

News travels fast in the galaxy it seemed, perhaps faster than the Ordenreich and the Hochmeister would have liked it to. After having reviewed the footage for themselves, a meeting of the Triumvirate was called to discuss the matter formally. After the usual speech to bring the meeting to order and begin the recording, Marcus began.

"We have all seen and been made aware of the current situation on one, Nova Silesia" he said. "This information brings great distress I feel to the Dominion.

"Agreed" said Flavian, "that the Ordenreich was able to create what appears to be an elaborate research facility and we have no is disturbing. They are no doubt quite ahead of ourselves in understanding the biology of the known galaxy"

"I have not seen any information to suggestion that Veridians were among the experimented" Alexandria add.

"No" said Marcus, "an that may be due to the fact that our trade is limited however, we also cannot firm that there weren't any. This is of course inconsequential at this point as what is done is done and to be honest, we are very much willing to do the same and have attempted to already though not to the degree of this particular colony."

"Very true and if anything this incident proves us with a learning experience" said Flavian. "If only we could get to the planet, investigate the situation further. See what they learned and perhaps find a way to duplicate the situation for ourselves."

"It would be risky" Alexandria commented, shaking her head slightly in worry. "To do such things to very powerful races is risky enough and now that the Ordenreich has been caught, there could be grave consequences."

"This true" Marcus said, " and that is why, above all, this experience can been used by the Dominion as a learning tool. We are getting the unique experience of watching our worst fears unfold before us and receiving a better understanding of how the galaxy will react, without us being the target of accusations. However, Flavian is right in noting that Nova Silesia there may indeed be a treasure trove of information we could readily use. I for one, believe it would be well worth investigating and being proactive in this situation. I suggest we attempt to send people to Nova Silesia, under the cover of diplomatic investigators for crimes committed, to see what data we can procure."

Both Flavian and Alexandria agreed, Alexandria's agreement coming somewhat reluctantly. After all the situation had yet fully played out and were things to do south quickly, could the Dominion react in time?

:::OFFICIAL COMMUNIQUE:::

T0:Hochmeister Micah von Guelder, the Heirarchy of the OrdenReich

The recent atrocities of Nova Silesia has come to the attention of the Dominion and we are outraged. We demand to be allowed, as a diplomatic courtesy for the rest of the galaxy, to be allowed unhindered access to the planet, its inhabitants, and the facilities themselves to fully investigates these most horrendous crimes. While we remain neutral to the current government of the Ordenreich, there is nothing that we can use a concrete evidence to suggest that some information won't be covered to secure for yourselves, lesser punishment from the galactic community. No, the full light of these atrocities must be made public and the Dominion demands its own investigation be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm

*The Hochmeister read the response from Governor Lal and had a small amount of relief flow through him and he wrote his response. He then received a comminque from the Council who had just finished deliberations on what to do with Paladin Komtur Peter. They deemed that a crime of such magnitude is out of other hands and decided they would hand him over to the victimized nations for judgement. It was also implied that is rank was revoked and he was dishonorably discharged from the Ordenreich military. He then read the response from the Dominion and frowned at it but filed the message way momentarily while he wrote his response to Governor Lal*

To: Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri

Governor Pravin Lal,

We are glad we were able to come to terms. We will of course allow officials of your nation to come to Nova Silesia to ensure the former captives are taken care of if you so wish and I will have a list sent to you promptly. It goes without saying that the Ordenreich will compensate families affected by this atrocity once identified. My council has also came to a swift decision in regards to Paladin Komtur Peter, the last surviving member of the Council responsible for this. My council has decided that a crime of this magnitude is out of our hands so we will revoke the Paladin Komtur's rank and dishonorably discharge him from the Ordenreich military and he will be turned over to the affected nations (yourselves) for judgement. I will keep you updated as the situation develops.

Sincerely

Fur Den Auftrag

*Hochmeister Micah sent the message then pulled up the message from the Dominion. He frowned as he read over it a second time. The Dominion and Ordenreich never really had much contact but the Hochmeister considered relations between his nation and theirs cold at best. He really did not have much choice in the matter.

To: Marcus Flaven, Truimvir of the Veridian Dominion

Truimvir Marcus Flaven,

The Ordenreich will accept your demands. You will be allowed an appropriate military escort and whatever you require to conduct a proper investigation. Due to the presence of biological contaminates on the planet that are known to enter the body through breathing and through the skin you will have to wear a full enviromental suit to protect yourselves. You will have access to the facilities and the notes taken in the experiments but you will not have access to the victims or victim bodies unless given permission by their respective people's government. I will send word ahead to allow you access through the quarantine. Check in with the Knight Commander in charge of the Nova Silesia Quarantine Fleet upon arrival and she will let you through.

Sincerely,

Fur Den Auftrag
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Indeed, it is good that we have come to an agreement. We shall attempt to gather an international tribunal that would serve to properly try the former Paladin Komtur Peter for these crimes and prosecute them as the international community sees fit. In addition, a group of Planetary Defense Force officers has been dispatched on site in order to assist in the identification of victims and the return of cadavers and survivors to Alpha Centauri at the earliest possible convenience.

To: The Tetrarchy, the Confederated States of Rhea; and Consul Jenova Incinerator, the Motherland of Burnination

Greetings, fellow heads of state.

Recently, the official who was on the OrdenReich Council that had perpetrated the war crimes at Nova Silesia has been identified and offered by the OrdenReich government to the international community at large for a trial by an international court. As the leaders of the three polities most affected by what atrocities had been committed to our civilians in Nova Silesia, it seems only fair that we should bring together a tribunal to put the perpetrators to justice. We would also like to offer space in UN Headquarters for the proceedings to take place, and would suggest that all nationals appoint three tribunes to join together for the tribunal. Please reply as soon as possible.

Cordially,

Last edited by Selathorn on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 8:17 pm

(OOC: The captured officer is a Paladin Komtur so is a member of the Ordenreich Council not the Black Order. The leader of the Black Order is the Dark Komtur who is still at large along with the rest of the Black Order that managed to get away)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 pm

(OOC: Fixed.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:40 pm

The Dominion wasted little time in putting together a team for the expedition. Major Takaram Khellian was chosen to lead the relatively small team of scientists on the expedition. Within a few hours of their last transmission a small, seemingly insignificant Dominion ship enter the star system and was on a direct course for Nova Silesia. The ship slowed after entering the system and Major Khellian had a channel opened to the Ordenreich fleet known to be in the area.

The Darker side of the Ordenreich Sarajevomg

"This is Major Khellian of the Dominion of Veridia Prime" the major said, his voice rather stern. "I was told I would receive safe passage to the planet of Nova Silesia from the Knight Commander of the fleet. I wish to speak with them at once and make the arrangement so we may make it to the planet without delay."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 pm

*Knight Commander Emily was overseeing operations planetside from her flagship, the T.S.F. Sol Invictus when she received word that Dominion forces had arrived and were requesting clearance to land. Emily immediately answered the comm*

Emily (in a terse reply): This is Knight Commander Emily Locklear of the T.S.F. Sol Invictus, flagship of the Nova Silesia Quarantine Fleet. You have clearance to approach Nova Silesia's surface. An LZ has been arranged outside of the Black Order facility to accommodate your needs. Ordenreich forces have been notified of your arrival and will provide you with privacy and room to work once groundside. Is that acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Annoyed that he apparently is the only one in the whole order who gets sent to deal with crises, Master Rand Ko of the Imperial Knights arrives by shuttle to Chiron for this sordid affair.

"This is the CRS Tydirium requesting permission to land for tribunal."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:20 am

In response, the Planetary Defense Force customs officer replies to him, "CRS Tydirium, you are cleared to land to participate in the tribunal. Please land at the designated coordinates."

Once he does so, he is escorted into University Base and brought to the higher levels designated for government functions. Eventually, he is brought to what appears to be a room that would normally be used to hold hearings, with a small platform hovering above a large number of seats below. Already a good number of people have come to spectate the proceedings, from reporters of various NewsLinks across Chiron, the families of the victims who already have been identified, and a few executives from Morgan Industries. In the meantime, they still await for the arrival of Paladin Komtur Peter, as well as a possible Burnite tribune.

Still, Master Ko is introduced to the Centauri tribune, Talent Alan Edouarzh, a man of Breton extraction, who studies the history of law and has been responsible for the formulation of many amendments to the UN Charter and its codes on war crimes.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:06 pm

*About the same time when the Dominion arrives at Chiron, the frigate carrying the captured Paladin Komtur arrives in the system and broadcasts its presence.*

Order Captain Lucius: This is the T.S.F. Darkest Dawn. We come carrying the prisoner, Ex-Paladin Komtur Peter, requesting permission to land shuttle on Chiron and release the prisoner to your custody
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 pm

The customs officer responds similarly, and brings the prisoner to the tribunal.

(OOC: Waiting to see Burn's response here: if he doesn't do anything, then it'll just be a 2-person tribunal.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

(OOC: Yeah once I drop off the prisoner I'll leave you to it. I will post the prisoner exchange later tonight, kind of busy right now)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:40 pm

It's clear that the Burninite government doesn't intend to react publicly to the events that occurred as a result of the leaked footage. The Buninite news nets made quite a stink about it, and there were very few cool-headed commentators in the foreign affairs department related to this issue.

Sentience rights organizations come as close as anyone dares to demanding that Consul Incinerator send some Burninite representation to this tribunal.

However, in the opinions of the two people that count:
(Press release by Jenova Incinerator, signed by Jenova Incinerator and William Thorgood)

We can hardly ignore the outrage and vitriol that many among our people have let fly with regards to the humanitarian crisis in the Ordenreich, and so we intend here to address that issue. Burnination's official stance here is to not react at all. While there will be many in the Basic Sentient Rights Union and other lesser-known organizations that will decry this position, there are several expediences that render it a prudent course.

> Organizations like the BSRU are not national governments and may be concerned with all creatures. However, the government of Burnination has quarrels only with nations that directly endanger our citizens. The abductions and gruesome abuses largely do not deal with Burninite victims, as the abductions occurred at a time when we had no planets from which to abduct people, and were hiding our populace in craftworlds to escape extinction. As such, the few cases involved, from our perspective, are desecration of the dead issues, and not issues of illegal experimentation.
> As a result of this, we do not feel that an international tribunal is the best way to handle this issue, and will refrain from commenting on the international tribunal.
> The Ordenreich is a largely backwards society by our standards, and one with which we have only meager trade relations. We feel that attempting to punish their people by international war tribunal would be counter to any possible future diplomatic or trade goals involving the Ordenreich.

We express our condolences to all relations of all sentient beings lost in this humanitarian crisis, and hope that the proper channels of legal redress can be followed.

Jenova Incinerator
William Thorgood

End of press release

Sure enough, in the next hour, the nation of Burnination tenders the Ordenreich a legal request for any Burninite bodies in its possession, and states its intention to remain out of any tribunals with regard to this incident.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:22 pm

The Centauri feel somewhat snubbed by the Burnites, not only because of the fact that they refused to send a tribune but also because they implicitly insulted those who had created the tribune and suggested that it was not a worthwhile endeavor. They are somewhat relieved, however, when Aaron Freiland, a Representative of the Basic Sentient Rights Union offers to come to the tribunal and serve as an unofficial representative of the Burnite people in the matter. Though somewhat wary of angering the Burnites, Brother Lal approves so long as he expresses his views as a representative of his private organization, not as an actor of a polity.

Hearings Chamber, UN Headquarters, MY 2287

With all of the participants ready, and the three tribunes seated at the raised platform, Paladin Komtur Peter is brought forward, escorted by two Peacekeeper Garrison Infantrymen, who seem somewhat disquieted about the surroundings. Soon, Paladin Komtur Peter is brought before the platform, and is instructed to sit at the seat before the presence of the tribunal. Then, the resident Sergeant-at-Arms announces loudly before the chamber, his voice amplified though his headpiece,

"The former Paladin Komtur Peter Jager of the OrdenReich Council has been brought before the Tribunal on this day to hear charges of complicity in abductions of civilian populations, forced experimentation on sentient beings, holding of prisoners in unethical conditions, unauthorized dissection of cadavers of sentient beings, and other miscellaneous abuses of sentient rights and war crimes as established by international agreements. Before him: Talent Alan Edouarzh of the Peacekeeper War Crimes Commission, Master Rand Ko of the Imperial Knights, and Representative Allan Freiland of the Basic Sentient Rights Union. As of the twelfth hour of day one hundred and seven of Mission Year two thousand two hundred and eighty seven, the Tribunal of Peter Jager shall hereby begin."

With that, Talent Edouarzh begins, "Peter Jager, have you now or ever been involved in the running of the 'penal colony' known as Nova Silesia in your duties as a member of the OrdenReich Council?"

He leans in, watching Jager, and in his peripheral vision he looks out towards the Empaths provided by the Empath Guild of Chiron that are monitoring his emotional state and taking psych readings in attempts to determine the veracity of his actions, as he waits for Jager's response...
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm

*Peter Jager was a sadistic bastard by any sentient being's standards. When he was brought in he showed no signs of remorse for his actions or fear of the very real possibility of his actions. During one of the secret meetings of the Council, Ordenmarshall, and Hochmeister before the war his position on the Council was called into question as one of his fellow Paladin Komturs decried him as an, "insult to everything the Ordenreich stands for." The Hochmeister blocked all attempts at getting him removed from the Council, his reasoning being that Peter Jager was a "neccessary evil." When he was asked to confirm his involvement with Nova Silesia he smiled. Not any kind of pleasent smile but a smile that said "I took pleasure in carving up your people."

Peter: Lets cut the bullshit, alien. We already know where this is going. My government betrayed me to alien scum for doing what is neccessary to ensure our dominance in the galaxy. You have the evidence to execute me so why should I even bother defending myself. Yes I personally led the operations on Nova Silesia and let me say your people interest me the most Talent. So similar in biology and your woman and children made the sweetest screams as I dissected them alive. I remember as they desperately called out to their loved ones hoping to be heard. I can name a few if you wish.

*Peter Jager leaned back in his chair smiling maniacally, clearing enjoying the memory he brought up*
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:40 pm

He summoned up a great many arguments in his mind, among them that Chironites and native Rheans were every bit as human as those of the Ordenreich, sharing common origin with the Earth. Instead, he goes with a simple, "That won't be necessary." He says to the rest of the tribunal, "He speaks truth in his claims of his role but we are not done with this yet for he is to name accomplice."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:47 pm

The entire Hearings Room goes up in shock, as many of the family members of victims express extreme emotional reactions to Jager's words, and are escorted away by guards as not to make the situation too emotionally taxing for them. Representative Freiland then speaks up, "Have you no understanding of the consequences of your actions? You have with apparent joy confessed to all of the crimes that you have been charged with and have just submitted many of these family members of victims to more emotional anguish than they have already been. Your violations of sentient rights are beyond redemption, and the only fitting-"

Talent Edouarzh glances to him, and then cuts him off, by saying, "The Honorable Representative Freiland has the right idea in mind, but, as the Honorable Master Ko has stated, there is indeed more to this Tribunal."

Leaning in again towards Peter Jager, and tilting his head towards him inquisitively, he asks him, "Since you seem to be so willing, who were these victims that you speak of which were subjected to these abuses of sentient rights at Nova Silesia? And who were the individuals who had assisted you in these activities within the Black Council, as the Honorable Master Ko has mentioned?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 5:01 pm

Burnination does not react to the intended barb. It's likely they missed it entirely, for their argument hinged on not having lost any of their own to abductions, while the Centauri had.

They do await a response to their request for any Burninite bodies, though.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Peter: Oh I'm sure that filthy alien lover of a Hochmeister we now have has no doubt caved like a coward to your demands and as part of a, no doubt, shitty deal provided a list of my experiment's subjects. I only wanted to name the "loved ones" so I can listen one last time to the misery of you aliens. You want the names look them up yourself. As for my "accomplices" who the hell do you think? The old good government is dead. You know, the ones with the actual balls to stand up to you? There was also the Black Order but they are long out of the Ordenreich's or your grasps. They keeping preaching that divine mission of theirs but I don't care I was in it for the pleasure not the business. Now can we hurry this up I think I might be going under blood letting withdrawal. If I don't get my daily dose of spilled blood I get all antsy. My blood, your blood, I don't care so long as I see blood.

(OOC: Just to clarify, Peter is insane [obviously] and he shares a fringe belief with a few Ordenreich extremists that the Ordenreich are the true versions of humanity. All others are false alien imitators. The movement is small and actively denounced by the Ordenreich government. Their kind of like the Westboro Baptist Church in a way)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Staring back at Jager with an almost incredulous look, Talent Edouarzh says, "Blood. Blood... all you can think of after what you have done is blood. If anyone is ever to learn from the atrocities of the past, it is that blood now spilled cannot repay for blood once lost. The citizens of the OrdenReich, I feel, are not deserving of any punishment - they are not complicit, and you in your careless words have damned them before the international community far worse than anything we could have done to you. Peter Jager, there is but one punishment appropriate for your actions."

Then, leaning in, he asks coldly to Jager, "Mr. Jager, do you know what it feels like to be held in a Punishment Sphere for eternity? To contemplate the screams of the dead and dying? Perhaps you are a cold remorseless man now, but we will give you a hundred years. Five hundred. One thousand. We can keep you in there that long. We have the technology to do so. I hope that it should not be necessary, but perhaps...perhaps it is what is necessary. Is the Tribunal in agreement?"

"Yes," Allan Freiland says. "As you have said, blood spilled cannot repay for blood lost. You must understand the grave consequences of your actions, and now you have all the time you want for doing it. I, Allan Freiland, am in agreement."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darker side of the Ordenreich   The Darker side of the Ordenreich Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darker side of the Ordenreich
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next