Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glowing Energy?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Quintus turns to Kai "I believe we are no longer in need of that doorway, if you could possible make it go away before our friend back there gets to his feet"

Decimus turns to Calvin "Grab what you can my friend, I believe its time we simply move forward.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:37 pm

He laughs as he zips up. "I agree. Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 am

Calvin: Right.

*Calvin yanks out what looked to be a emergency power generator for the monitor. Normally this device would have been used by the console to keep our in the event of power loss. Calvin tweaked it after yanking it out till it started sparking and handed it to Decimus.*

Calvin: Improvised taser. Not enough to be a true weapon but a good surpressor
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

The party moves down the corridor unobstructed. They walk for what Fazz estimates at about a mile without noticing much change in scenery. Finally, they come across a humanoid sitting cross legged on the floor in the center of the hallway. They're able to spot the creature from quite a distance given the straight corridor and the open pathway, but even when approached, he/it doesn't react. Its eyes are closed and it seems to be in a meditation, arms resting against its knees. Its skin has a more orange hue than we are used to, and its fingernails are quite reminiscent of claws, yet they appear small and as nimble as human fingers. Its most noticeable traits, for a humanoid, are the fact that the back of its head is raised, as though there is a large lump on the top of the head of this species, and that in place of hair, it has a tail growing off the bottom of its head, which it has wrapped around its neck like a scarf.

In a chalk circle in the middle of the floor, it sits.

Oh, and it sits in the middle of a 4-way intersection of corridors. Straight on is obviously a door, but the destinations of the other two hallways is not obvious unless you walk beyond the creature.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After a bit of gesturing and confusion, Gar''zhog wiggles a few of its tentacles in understanding and moves towards its ship. It moves inside and presses a button, then returns to the same position it was when the Paladins boarded initially. Then, it turns off the stasis field...
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

(OOC: going under assumption that knight commander jäger boarded the shuttle to look for the paladins)

Paladin: *cough* appendages up you fuckin squid!

Jager: now now sit knight stand down

Paladin: but... Yes sir

Jager: now... The black order had been having our scribes do some research into telekensis. Maybe the alien communicates by those means?

----

Calvin: by professional military intuition says, "don't distrub the alien"

*calvin whispered to his friends*
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Doctor Kai considered the situation, and then whispered back to the others, "I'm afraid there's little choice, he's in our way. Either we sneak around him or disturb him, and I can't imagine the second would work well, amusing as it might be."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Decimus and Quintus get close enough to examine the creature without actually disturbing it. They attempt to determine if the creature is indeed alive or dead. They go on the assumption that it is alive, although curious that it never once peaked an eye at the party as they approached. Perhaps it sees without seeing? At any rate Kai seemed correct in that, the creature was in their way and if they hoped to press on and get answers, they had to pass it.

What both Veridian Captain's found most interesting was the circle for which the creature sat. It seemed to be made of a white dust (chalk), but neither dared to touch the substance to find out. After all, both had learned that nothing was impossible here and what if it were an illusion and there was some kind of shield around this being. Calvin suggestion of going around the creature without disturbing it was naturally, the best solution but it remained a mystery if it were possible. While Decimus examined the area to see if it was indeed possible to get around the creature, Quintus attempt to see if there were any markings in the area or on the door..though it was uncertain if he'd be able to see it from this distance.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:54 pm

*Calvin quietly observed the creature. Taking mental notes as he went along.*

Calvin (whispering to the others): I have two theories as to what this is. Either this is what passes for the alien's religion and the circle holds a sort of divine reverence. Perhaps it is believed to aid the alien in centering his energies to become enlightened. Maybe these aliens have a religion similar to Old Earth Hinduism? The second theory is that this alien is a sentry and the chalk line is a form of a detection system. If we attempt to step over it or otherwise attempt to penetrate the sphere of influence created by the chalk line then it will alert the sentry. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Doctor Kai simply shrugs, and says, "Maybe he's just resting. No need to over-extrapolate everything, sometimes things are as simple as they appear."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Captain Morgan, not really knowing what else to do, attempts to speak to it in Twi'lek, since that's what the creature reminds him of. "Hello. Do you know where we are?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Calvin: I don't know about you but sitting in a drawn circle in the middle of a hallway doesn't sound like sleeping
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Doctor Kai raises an eyebrow, and says, "Because all aliens obviously have a human physiology and sleep in the same way. Look, you can call it sleeping, meditating, trancing, or whatever, but to me it is still some attempt to rest. I doubt disturbing it from its rest would make it very happy."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:49 am

Calvin: I merely call into the question the fact it is sleeping in the middle of the hallway if it is. I also believe everyone is throughly convinced that waking it or otherwise disturbing it is a bad idea
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:51 am

"Not me." He continues trying to speak to it.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:26 am

The nonopus alien lets out a strange bellow that confuses the Burninites for a moment, but which they quickly realize is laughter. It manipulates the machines for another few moments, and then grabs a device off a machine. It places the device on it's head.

"Hello," it says.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The alien in the center of the chalk circle opens its eyes and raises an eyebrow.

"Your people are rather indecisive," it says.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 am

*Jager was slightly startled for a second but then regained some of his composure*

Jager: Hello yourself Mr...

----

Calvin: And your people are rather irritating but you don't see me complaining
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Doctor Kai gave Captain Calvin a slight nudge, and whispered into his ear, "Right, let's antagonize the alien that isn't obviously hostile to us," before saying to the now-attentive alien, "We wouldn't be humans if we weren't, sir. Now if you could please, perhaps you could tell us a bit about where we currently are? It would be of great help to us."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm

"Again with the aliens speaking Basic," he mutters under his breath.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:06 pm

Decimus and Quintus look at each other and then shrug. They waited for the alien to respond, hoping it would be receptive to Kai's question. It was a long but hell, what else did they have to lose.

Where this a solely Dominion operation, the nonopus probably would have been dead a good time ago. That, or at least retrained...after all, what the hell was it and where did it come from? That it was not, of course, was obvious to Servius and he simply shrugged the entire thought off.

"You know, I should think you'd have said hello earlier" Servius said, somewhat condescending to the alien. "Still I think I speak for everyone when I say that we have questions for you and are hoping you'll answer them."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:41 pm

(OOC: Waiting for Burn)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 am

"We did not originally speak Basic," the alien sitting on the floor says. "However your language was not difficult to learn."

"You are in a Hildenburen facility that is a few billion lightyears outside anything your galaxy has thus far learned to exist. You were taken here because the Hildenburen, that is the name of our species by the way, got intelligence that the Gar''zhog, another alien species, were going to appear in your galaxy and we needed to know how they would be received."

"I have a bit of explaining to do, but all your crews and ships are safe and sound and will be returned to you immediately following my explanation, if you'll have it."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The nonopus looks at Servius. "Still not understand all tongue."

Then the nonopus looks at Teresa. "Thank taking me aboard."

"You're welcome," Teresa responds, seeming only slightly confused at the fact that she's speaking to a mercury-drinking nonopus.

"Mercury?" It suggests to Teresa, who bows her head and steps out.

It looks to Servius again, "I like these people," it says gesturing a tentacle at the OrdenReich people. "Speak with them, but want alone."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:40 am

Doctor Kai nods, and says, "Please, do tell. It will be of immense use for us to know, and we will patiently listen to the explanation."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Decimus and Quintus agree with Kai "So long as you have no intention of experimenting on with against our will, we appear to have nothing but time so please, explain."

Servius shrugs "So long as we get some answers"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:22 pm

*Jager glanced at the others before turning back torwards the alien*

Jager: Very well the Ordenreich has no problem with that request. Paladins please leave us. Return to the ship can get a medical check up.

Paladin: Yes... sir... *dry hacks once*

Jager: Not here sir knight, save it for the sick bay

Paladin: Sir *coughs*

*The Paladin steps out*

(OOC: This is under the assumption that the others already left the room)

Jager: Well I still didn't get the honor of your name or what your species calls itself. If it helps I am Knight Commander Jager of the Hierarchy of the Ordenreich. I also apologize in advance for the hostile advances. One of our ships went missing and we assumed you were related to the ones that kidnapped them. Things have just been... tense... since we lost our men and ship.

---

Calvin: I'm all ears though there are better ways to contact us... I would also like to know more about the impending first contact with the... Garza you said? Is this going to be friendly contact or hostile?
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 8:16 pm

"By all means, explain, though kidnapping was probably not the best way of doing things."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glowing Energy?
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: